Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guys, fyi, his Proof-Like Morgan is now available along with Clark Gruber gold & Silver items :smiley:

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2016 7:24AM

[http://dc-coin.com/1grabenercoinpressmedallionsaleprice-1-1-2-1-1-1.aspx

This link will take you to the Proof Like 1964 D Morgan Dollar.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads-up. Just ordered mine. It should pair up nicely with my 64 PL Peace...

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@edgar said:
    Yesterday I scored ANACS 70's on my owls.

This morning: PROOF LIKE 64-Ds ARE UP! I can't post the link

Thanks for the "heads-up" ... ordered a couple

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ordered 2 of the PL Morgans.

Hopefully they ship in time for Xmas.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options

@COCollector said:
    Ordered 2 of the PL Morgans.

Hopefully they ship in time for Xmas.

His 'Mintage Figures' states that 110 'High Grade' have been minted.
    So, we may have them by then, I hope so!

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2016 3:42PM

I just received another 64-D die pair 1 piece. I gotta say I do believe it's just as nice as can be. Everything looks lined up perfectly. I just received it. I think it's gorgeous.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are a few other new offerings on his site. I bought a few of the 3 ounce bars, which have a low mintage of 36! Whoo hoo!

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the heads up! In for some PL Morgans and starburst 3 oz bar. Fun.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 8, 2016 5:55PM

@jwitten said:
    There are a few other new offerings on his site. I bought a few of the 3 ounce bars, which have a low mintage of 36! Whoo hoo!

Hand-poured 3-troy-oz 999+ silver bar, freshly refined to high standards. 28mm x 49mm x 6mm. Stamped on a surplus Denver Mint Grabener coin press using 16mm round Clark Gruber die.

Starburst pattern hologram on front yields an opalescent appearance. Unlike other numismatic "hologram" products which are just a foil sticker or polymer coating on the surface, this hologram is imprinted directly onto the silver. There is no polymer coating, sticker, or anything other than pure silver to form the hologram.

Plain back imprinted "3 / TROY OZ / 999 / SILVER / 120 DOLLARS".

Non-PVC bag holder. Note: These are not issued with any sort of certificate.

• Options

Nice Bar for sure!!

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

@Goldbully said:

@jwitten said:

Hand-poured 3-troy-oz 999+ silver bar, freshly refined to high standards. 28mm x 49mm x 6mm. Stamped on a surplus Denver Mint Grabener coin press using 16mm round Clark Gruber die.

Starburst pattern hologram on front yields an opalescent appearance. Unlike other numismatic "hologram" products which are just a foil sticker or polymer coating on the surface, this hologram is imprinted directly onto the silver. There is no polymer coating, sticker, or anything other than pure silver to form the hologram.

Plain back imprinted "3 / TROY OZ / 999 / SILVER / 120 DOLLARS".

Non-PVC bag holder. Note: These are not issued with any sort of certificate.

I'm with you I had to order mine as well.....WOO HOOOOOOO

• Options
    QCCoinGuyQCCoinGuy Posts: 325 ✭✭✭✭

Picked up two PL dollars. Can't wait to get them. Thanks for pointing this out!

• Options
    treybenedicttreybenedict Posts: 373 ✭✭✭

Just got the starburst 3 oz and a 1 oz silver Gruber bar. These look amazing. Mintage of only 36 on the starburst bar!

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭

Ordered the PL to go with my Peace PL and the Morgan high grade.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@illini420 said:
    Originally posted by: PerryHall

If they are anything like the 1964 Peace dollar they will do quite well in the secondary market. Actually when you consider that Morgan dollar collectors are far more numerous than Peace dollar collectors they should do exceptionally well on the secondary market. Obviously, not every Morgan dollar collector will want one but with such a low mintage it won't take many to exhaust the supply. Of course many will be bought by non-Morgan dollar collectors who like unusual and interesting rare coins.

Dan already did a Morgan Dollar overstrike a few years ago, the 1909-o Dollars. Those were and still are quite popular, but they still don't sell for the same levels as the 1964-D Peace Dollars that he did. And less than 600 1909-o Morgan Dollars were made. So just being a Morgan Dollar isn't enough. If that were the case, all else equal, the 1909-o Morgans should be selling for much more than the 1964-D Peace Dollars with their much lower mintages... but that just isn't the case.

I ordered a few of the 1964 Morgans because I think they are cool, but I don't think they'll match the values of the 1964 Peace Dollars simply because they are Morgans.

Hadn't realized that this thread was 2 months old and the coins are still available. The fact that the 1964 peace dollars were actually produced with some still rumored to exist might be a factor for their popularity.

• Options
    vanwagvanwag Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited December 9, 2016 10:49AM

Long time admirer of D CARR's work, never pulled the trigger...

Until now!

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:
    Hadn't realized that this thread was 2 months old and the coins are still available. The fact that the 1964 peace dollars were actually produced with some still rumored to exist might be a factor for their popularity.

Although unlikely, some people believe the 1964 Morgan dollars may actually exist too.

• Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

now, that, is a hunk of gold!

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

Although unlikely, some people believe the 1964 Morgan dollars may actually exist too.

How long did it take for the Peace versions to sell out?

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:

They were originally available over a span of about 3 or 4 months, from late 2010 to early 2011.

• Options

@dcarr said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

They were originally available over a span of about 3 or 4 months, from late 2010 to early 2011.

I just saw you can now only buy one of the limited 3 oz bars. If we got our order in before the limit, do we get all we ordered? I only bought 2 by the way.

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

@dcarr said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

I just saw you can now only buy one of the limited 3 oz bars. If we got our order in before the limit, do we get all we ordered? I only bought 2 by the way.

Two is ok if the order was placed before the restriction was placed.
    Any orders with more than two may have to be limited to two, regardless of when the order was placed.

• Options

I was getting ready to buy a few more. This busted my bubble :'(

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got an order in for a Starburst Hologram. Whew ! Thanks for the heads up guys.

• Options

@Zoins said:
    Here's the new latest I just found on Dan's website!

Was ready to 'pull the trigger' on this.

• Options
    GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭

This one's got me drooling. Just a bit out of reach :smile:

Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • Options
    BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

While I haven't bought a DCarr product before I always have appreciated the craftsmanship

• Options

@GritsMan said:

I can afford it, made me feel 'selfish' as we are in the Christmas Giving Season.
    I'm Old Fashioned that way.

• Options

@PRECIOUSMENTAL said:

@GritsMan said:

I can afford it, made me feel 'selfish' as we are in the Christmas Giving Season.
    I'm Old Fashioned that way.

You can always give it to me! I would hate for you to not buy it after all

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

AND..... the 'starburst' holograms are ALREADY sold out this morning! SO glad I pulled the trigger on one YESTERDAY!!!

I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭

Confirmed starburst order early yesterday. When the board gets info on a good deal, we tend to jump on it quickly . Likely we bought half of the small production.... :)

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2016 11:16AM

@Coinlearner said:
    Confirmed starburst order early yesterday. When the board gets info on a good deal, we tend to jump on it quickly . Likely we bought half of the small production.... :)

Bought one Fri. $180 was a showstopper, a major Huh? thought process. Holy Moly.

What's up with purchase restriction? I didn't see that. When was that, Sat. ? Buy as you like for a total of 36 hologram bars, MHO. Buy 'em all.. I don't get it.

Buy what's offered under term, MHO.

• Options
    CoinlearnerCoinlearner Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭

The restriction is reasonable. Mr Carr is trying to be fair to others,that want one

• Options

@Coinlearner said:
    The restriction is reasonable. Mr Carr is trying to be fair to others,that want one

I agree, just like the last 'Silver Octagon Owls', limited to two per household.
    Quite fair, and, a good reason to have a link to his site on your desk top, I check in daily.

• Options
    edited December 10, 2016 11:25AM

@Coinlearner said:

See, the deal changes. Changing deals is not good. Reflects poorly on DC. MHO.

• Options
    edited December 10, 2016 11:25AM

@epcjimi1 said:

@Coinlearner said:

Bought one Fri. $180 was a showstopper, a major Huh? thought process. Holy Moly.

What's up with purchase restriction? I didn't see that. When was that, Sat. ? Buy as you like for a total of 36 hologram bars, MHO. Buy 'em all.. I don't get it.

Buy what's offered under term, MHO.

D.Carr seems to be fair to all by offering a purchase limit.

• Options
    edited December 10, 2016 11:31AM

Nothing wrong with restricting purchases. It's a very pro-collector approach.

If there is no restriction, flippers and hoarders would either prevent collectors from getting coins or drive up mintages beyond what is supported by the collector base.

• Options
    edited December 10, 2016 11:48AM

@Zoins said:
    Nothing wrong with restricting purchases.

If there is no restriction, flippers and hoarders would either prevent collectors from getting coins or drive up mintages beyond what is supported by the collector base.

IT'S RESTRICTING AFTER IT'S FOR SALE, DUE TO DEMAND, M*****, CRAZY, Post an offering, suffer excessive demand, suffer the consequence. This isn't the first time DC has done this. I don't get it.

• Options
    edited January 8, 2017 8:14PM

@epcjimi1 said:

@Zoins said:

IT'S RESTRICTING AFTER IT'S FOR SALE, DUE TO DEMAND, M*****, CRAZY

How many do you want to buy?

• Options

I think it's a good thing to limit the sale. Great idea.

• Options
    edited December 10, 2016 11:57AM

@Zoins said:

@epcjimi1 said:

@Zoins said:

How may do you want to buy?

I already posted I bought one.

J*** You people make my head spin.

• Options
    edited December 10, 2016 12:00PM

@epcjimi1 said:

@Zoins said:

@epcjimi1 said:

@Zoins said:

You may have wanted to buy more?

I don't understand why you are so upset at Dan and everyone else?

• Options

It seems like most people are okay with and appreciate the restriction. Can't make everyone happy. Good job Dan.

• Options

@Zoins said:

@epcjimi1 said:

@Zoins said:

@epcjimi1 said:

@Zoins said:

You may have wanted to buy more? I don't understand why you are so upset....

LOLOL

A deal is a deal, Dan. Offer X. Change it to Y.

Zoins is OK with it.

• Options
    edited December 10, 2016 12:04PM

@epcjimi1 said:

@Zoins said:

@epcjimi1 said:

@Zoins said:

@epcjimi1 said:

@Zoins said:

You may have wanted to buy more? I don't understand why you are so upset....

LOLOL

A deal is a deal, Dan. Offer X. Change it to Y.

Zoins is OK with it.

In business, things change a lot based on circumstances.

It seems you don't see the benefits to collectors in the policy like most of the posters here do.

• Options

Enlighten me.

• Options
    edited December 10, 2016 12:12PM

@epcjimi1 said:
    Enlighten me.

For example, PCGS stopped grade guarantees for copper color and milk spots. Before a certain date, you got guarantees. After a certain date, you didn't. Are you just as upset with those changes?

• Options
    edited December 10, 2016 12:15PM

For example, PCGS stopped grade guarantees for copper color and milk spots. Before a certain date, you got guarantees. After a certain date, you didn't. Are you just as upset with those changes?

What? We are talking DCarr. You change to PCGS. Whatever. Typical. Zoingo Boingo.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file