Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

@CascadeChris said:
    Has anyone got their PL Morgans yet??

Have not received mine yet, probably today or tomorrow.
    I'm in NE Ohio.

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 2 arrived today along with 1 bulk

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options

Nice photos.
    No coins in my mailbox today.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone received the bars yet?

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog said:

I got my 2 in the mail today. Very nice! One had a little black marks on the side, but I figure since I was lucky enough to get 2, I got one of the worse ones probably. The other was super nice.

• Options

@jwitten said:

@crazyhounddog said:

I got my 2 in the mail today. Very nice! One had a little black marks on the side, but I figure since I was lucky enough to get 2, I got one of the worse ones probably. The other was super nice.

@jwitten said:

@crazyhounddog said:

I haven't even got a notice of shipping yet. Hmmm
    Thank you for that information.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

@crazyhounddog said:

Was the bars the starburst or mosaic? I ordered the mosaic and haven't got any shipping info yet, but I only ordered last week. how bout some pics.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options

@BruceS said:

@jwitten said:

@crazyhounddog said:

Was the bars the starburst or mosaic? I ordered the mosaic and haven't got any shipping info yet, but I only ordered last week. how bout some pics.

I've ordered both. No word about shipping on either.

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog said:

@BruceS said:

@jwitten said:

@crazyhounddog said:

Same here...ordered them on the 9th, payment received, but no shipping notice yet. Kinda a bummer where others have already received theirs.

I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

@NotSure said:

@crazyhounddog said:

@BruceS said:

@jwitten said:

@crazyhounddog said:

Same here...ordered them on the 9th, payment received, but no shipping notice yet. Kinda a bummer where others have already received theirs.

I ordered the Morgan on the 8th and the starburst on the 9th............nothing but crickets so far.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

@robec said:

@NotSure said:

@crazyhounddog said:

@BruceS said:

@jwitten said:

@crazyhounddog said:

I ordered the Morgan on the 8th and the starburst on the 9th............nothing but crickets so far.

Misery loves company. :)

• Options

I will try to get some pictures tonight. It has been a crazy day here. Cousin in the hospital, my parents car's battery dies so they use mine, then they come home in that with a flat. Comcast box goes out, so had to go there to get a new one, all on top of having a newborn to take care of. Whew!

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also ordered the starburst bar on the 9th. No shipping notice yet.

• Options

I might have to order a few starburts. I don't think I would like it as much, but these sure are nice!

• Options

@jwitten said:
    I might have to order a few starburts. I don't think I would like it as much, but these sure are nice!

You will have to go third party....all sold out @ Moonlight Mint

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

@jwitten said:

He may have meant mosaics as he clearly bought starbursts prior

But yes indeed the starbursts are sold out

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm waiting for the Skittles version

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CascadeChris said:
    I'm waiting for the Skittles version

Based on Dan's comments I just added mosiacs to the pile

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Kudbegud said:

@jwitten said:

Oops, ya, I meant I might have to add some mosaics.

• Options

My PL 1964 Morgan arrived today.
    VERY NICE!

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

My PL Morgan arrived today as well.

The underlying devices of the donor coin are so visible to me they are a distraction.

Debating whether to return.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:
    My PL Morgan arrived today as well.

The underlying devices of the donor coin are so visible to me they are a distraction.

Debating whether to return.

Some are like that. The original outlines tend to show more readily on proof-like over-strikes than satin over-strikes.
    But no problem if you want to return for refund or exchange.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the response and explanation Dan.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

Used a 10 power loupe to 'scrutinize' my PL.
    No evidence of ghosting.
    There is a bit of ghosting on my High Grade one, only visible under magnification.
    Mostly on the stars and one wing, actually looks pretty cool.

• Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

My MS 64's are perfect also. Just ordered two more 64's in PL. One of these days I've got submit a boatload of Dan's larger coins. Totally gave up selling these raw on eBay because the listings were pulled so many times eBay coughed out a warning. Yet other users sold just fine raw.

Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options

@66Tbird said:
    My MS 64's are perfect also. Just ordered two more 64's in PL. One of these days I've got submit a boatload of Dan's larger coins. Totally gave up selling these raw on eBay because the listings were pulled so many times eBay coughed out a warning. Yet other users sold just fine raw.

Say what? I've never had a raw Carr in the flip removed by ebay. Although I haven't sold that many.

Wait for an ANACS special. I just had 14 Carr items slabbed by them for $8 each shipping included with their fall special (over now). I sure would pay up though if/when PCGS finally starts slabbing them.

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@66Tbird said:

do you have the text of the listings for analysis?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@robec said:

@NotSure said:

@crazyhounddog said:

@BruceS said:

@jwitten said:

@crazyhounddog said:

Crickets here too

• Options

@crazyhounddog said:

@robec said:

@NotSure said:

@crazyhounddog said:

@BruceS said:

@jwitten said:

@crazyhounddog said:

Crickets here too

Chirpy-chirp here, too

• Options

Looks like the 3g palladium Clark Gruber is sold out, or at least unavailable.

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2016 6:18PM

@CascadeChris said:

Drat!
    Didn't know this was even available at one time. Missed it totally missed it.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

@CascadeChris said:

Drat!
    Didn't know this was even available at one time. Missed it totally missed it.

Thanks for mentioning this. I just took a closer look and noticed the gold, silver and palladium fractional owl reverses. Sweet.

• Options
    edited December 18, 2016 10:54PM

Just gotta notice my stuff is getting shipped :)

• Options

@crazyhounddog said:

Me too !

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

@crazyhounddog said:

Me too !

And me too!

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought the palladium was priced a bit high for a 1/10 oz coin so passed, but evidently others sprung for it...

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

@Goldbully said:

@Kudbegud said:

@crazyhounddog said:

Me too !

And me too!

And me toooo!! Merry Xmas to meee! Thanks, Mr. Carr!

• Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

that bar is crazy cool

• Options

@steveben said:
    that bar is crazy cool

I'm very much looking forward to seeing these in hand :)

• Options
    VoyageurVoyageur Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 1964-D Morgan PL die pair #2 order was placed on 12/9 and received shipping notice on 12/19. Santa has everything under control.

Dan Fan
  • Options
    66Tbird66Tbird Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

@66Tbird said:

do you have the text of the listings for analysis?

It was a few years ago and I no longer have the listing information. It all happened during the transition into eBay's fantasy coin category. At the time I had more Carr stuff listed than anyone on eBay and I figured someone wanted a piece of that market enough to play that card. I was moving into a different hobby/business (inspired by Dan btw) and I pulled all my listings.

I'll keep an eye out for the ANACS special.

Need something designed and 3D printed?
  • Options

@66Tbird said:
    I'll keep an eye out for the ANACS special.

Would you let us know of the next special with a new thread on the forum?

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't find the Peace dollars on the Moonlight web page. I only see them on Ebay and they're priced high.

• Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

@abcde12345 said:
    I can't find the Peace dollars on the Moonlight web page. I only see them on Ebay and they're priced high.

They are sold-out, like this one: http://www.dc-coin.com/1grabenercoinpressmedallionsaleprice-1-6-1.aspx

Last produced awhile ago. Production info: http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_1.htm

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@COCollector said:

@abcde12345 said:

They are sold-out, like this one: http://www.dc-coin.com/1grabenercoinpressmedallionsaleprice-1-6-1.aspx

Last produced awhile ago. Production info: http://www.moonlightmint.com/blog_1.htm

been sold out for years.

you might consider the price insanely high, especially when compared to release prices, however these are very collectible and bring collector prices much like the high grade 50 cent piece of 1964 brings much more than face or even silver value.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited December 19, 2016 6:25PM

They're dropping like flies guys...

The 1/10oz gold satin CG eagle & owl are both unavailable now

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 19, 2016 7:05PM

@CascadeChris said:
    They're dropping like flies guys...

The 1/10oz gold satin CG eagle & owl are both unavailable now

I'm also surprised the "2-gram" silver owl is still available. If I interpret the description correctly, these rounds are actually 2.9 - 3.0 grams. Makes me think the intent was 1/10 oz, but came up a bit short.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file