Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

@COCollector said:

@CascadeChris said:
    They're dropping like flies guys...

The 1/10oz gold satin CG eagle & owl are both unavailable now

I'm also surprised the "2-gram" silver owl is still available. If I interpret the description correctly, these rounds are actually 2.9 - 3.0 grams. Makes me think the intent was 1/10 oz, but came up a bit short.

Oops.
    Thanks for catching that. The fractional silver is marked "2.0 GRAMS" and they weigh slightly more than that, as intended.
    The comment about being 2.9 to 3.0 grams and slightly underweight was supposed to appear only in the fractional palladium product description and not in the silver product description.

• Options

@CascadeChris said:

I will probably produce a few more 1/10th oz gold before the end of the year.

• Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Dan, will you be releasing a DMPL version ?

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

@COCollector said:

@CascadeChris said:

I'm also surprised the "2-gram" silver owl is still available. If I interpret the description correctly, these rounds are actually 2.9 - 3.0 grams. Makes me think the intent was 1/10 oz, but came up a bit short.

the silver owl page says 2 grams. if it is 2.9-3.0 then it is overweight.

are you measuring the palladium one? The palladium is "3 grams" with this -> NOTE: All of this issue are slightly underweight (in error) at about 2.9 to 3.0 grams.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

@COCollector said:

@CascadeChris said:

Oops.
    Thanks for catching that. The fractional silver is marked "2.0 GRAMS" and they weigh slightly more than that, as intended.
    The comment about being 2.9 to 3.0 grams and slightly underweight was supposed to appear only in the fractional palladium product description and not in the silver product description.

Thanks for the clarification. I see the website is now corrected.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options

oops

that was a fast correction

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my mosaic, I like it!

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does he usually end production of the 2016 stuff at end of year or is it available in January?

Lots of cool offerings!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

Jeez, I have an unopened DC 2016 Owl package.> @COCollector said:

@CascadeChris said:

There is an Owl on the reverse? Who knew?, bought three. WTH.

Can't tell from the thumbs. Stealth sales. New concept.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2016 2:01PM

I'm a huge fan of my man Dan Carr. The man is an artist . I'm always impressed with his work. I have more of his stuff but you get the idea....

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options

I missed this one, too, gold, 2016 Clark Gruber Fifth Owl "$200", 999+ Colorado refined GOLD, 1/10 Troy oz., Satin, Type B, sold out

CG_FE_2016_MS 1

16mm, 1/10 troy oz 999 gold

Satin

$175

• Options

@epcjimi1 said:
    I missed this one, too, gold, 2016 Clark Gruber Fifth Owl "$200", 999+ Colorado refined GOLD, 1/10 Troy oz., Satin, Type B, sold out...>

See DCarr's comment near the top of this page:

@dcarr said:

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

• Options
    VoyageurVoyageur Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 1964-D, die pair 2, PL Morgan arrived yesterday. Ordered on 12/9 and arrived 12/20. Only Santa is quicker than that !

Dan Fan
  • Options
    CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

@crazyhounddog said:
    I'm very impressed with my new bars. They're also fun to image.....

Man am I starting to wish I got a few of those. #Sexy

The more you VAM..
  • Options

@dcarr said:

@CascadeChris said:

dibs on a proof like!

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

@dcarr said:

@CascadeChris said:

dibs on a proof like!

Me too!

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 22, 2016 7:55PM

Received> @Voyageur said:

My 1964-D, die pair 2, PL Morgan arrived yesterday. Ordered on 12/9 and arrived 12/20. Only Santa is quicker than that !

Got 2 Morgans, die pair 1 high grade today. A little more cameo/frost on the devices would have been nice.

• Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

My 2 PL's and Starburst bar arrived today, as well. Super-good looking!!

I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Starburst Hologram bar arrived today. Wasn't expecting it so a nice surprise. Thanks Dan for your excellent work.

• Options

@Kudbegud said:
    Starburst Hologram bar arrived today. Wasn't expecting it so a nice surprise. Thanks Dan for your excellent work.

It sounds like CARRa Clause is visiting all the good boys and girls early :blush:

The more you VAM..
  • Options

@Kudbegud said:

Agreed, VERY nice work Dan :)

• Options

@DCW said:
    Does he usually end production of the 2016 stuff at end of year or is it available in January?

Lots of cool offerings!

The "1964-D" Morgan over-strikes will probably last until about mid February.
    The last 2016 Clark Gruber pieces will be minted before the end of the year (but will remain available into 2017 until inventory is sold).
    Some 2016 mintages are already final and some of those are already sold out.

• Options

@BAJJERFAN said:
    Received> @Voyageur said:

Got 2 Morgans, die pair 1 high grade today. A little more cameo/frost on the devices would have been nice.

I've tried to get more frost on the devices. But the dies won't stay that way when striking due to the extremes stresses involved in over-striking existing coins. Morgan dollars were originally struck with about 80 tons of force. The over-strikes require 250 to 300 tons, which is very hard on the dies.

• Options

@dcarr said:

Interesting.

• Options
    edited December 23, 2016 5:27PM

These bars are really cool :)

• Options

@crazyhounddog said:

Wow. Dan was right. The mosaic looks killer

The more you VAM..
  • Options

@CascadeChris said:

@crazyhounddog said:

Wow. Dan was right. The mosaic looks killer

I'll do better imaging these bars. Every time I get started I get interrupted with holiday stuff. But I'll say this, much more color on these bars than what your seeing. Now I gotta go to a Christmas party.
    Merry Christmas to all :)

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dcarr said:

@DCW said:

Lots of cool offerings!

The last 2016 Clark Gruber pieces will be minted before the end of the year (but will remain available into 2017 until inventory is sold).

Have you finished production of your 1964 Morgans?

• Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

I'm really surprised that the 'Mosaic with Hologram' aren't sold out.
    They remind me of a stained glass window.
    Wish they were as large as the photos above.

• Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 24, 2016 8:07AM

@cameonut2011 said:

@dcarr said:

@DCW said:

Lots of cool offerings!

Have you finished production of your 1964 Morgans?

Die Pair 2
    ”1964-D”

Proof-like

(so far)

high-grade:

circulated:

$135

(high-grade)

First produced November, 2016.

Die Pair 2
    Proof-like
    High Grade

Die Pair 1
    ”1964-D”

Brilliant Satin

(so far)

high-grade:

bag-handled:

$115

(high-grade)
    $85

(bag-handled)

First produced October, 2016.

Die Pair 1

Brilliant Satin
    High Grade

Die Pair 1

Brilliant Satin
    Bulk Handled

• Options

Lets try this -

Die Pair 2, ”1964-D” Proof-like, 276, (so far)

Die Pair 1, "1964-D”, Brilliant Satin, 862 {so far)

276 + 862 = 1138

1964 minus 1138 = 826 still to go.

Stay tuned.

Holographic 1964 D Morgan for $400. My prediction.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@epcjimi1 said:

This would be very cool.

• Options

@dcarr said:

@epcjimi1 said:

I'm not planning anything like that.

But I am thinking possibly of a clashed-die version towards the end of production.

From one VAMmer to another, that's an awesome idea Dan :wink:

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

would clashed die version be sold on your site ? were everybody gets chance at buying?

• Options

I see someone has a "Starburst" bar listed for 400 bucks on eBay.

• Options

@crazyhounddog said:
    I see someone has a "Starburst" bar listed for 400 bucks on eBay.

Fishin'

The more you VAM..
  • Options

@1940coupe said:
    would clashed die version be sold on your site ? were everybody gets chance at buying?

Yes.

• Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Dan, Clashed dies would be pretty cool. If possible please give the board members a heads up before they go up for sale - they could be a quick sellout

• Options
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2016 7:48PM

@drfish said:
    Hi Dan, Clashed dies would be pretty cool. If possible please give the board members a heads up before they go up for sale - they could be a quick sellout

Not to worry, it'll hit the forums the morning it's available but I'd pounce at it quick. The only worry is gonna be "crap, how many can I get with what's left on my credit card and does my PayPal have anything left in it"

The more you VAM..
  • Options
    1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

If you buy the right stuff from Dan when its SOLD OUT you can do well everybody knows that ! But doesnt seem right to sell them when Dans still selling them and to the buyer that has lack of knowledge ? this was sold by forum member http://www.ebay.com/itm/192060072936?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2661&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1940coupe said:
    If you buy the right stuff from Dan when its SOLD OUT you can do well everybody knows that ! But doesnt seem right to sell them when Dans still selling them and to the buyer that has lack of knowledge ? this was sold by forum member http://www.ebay.com/itm/192060072936?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2661&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I'm guessing the seller could claim the coin is graded and worth more as a 69.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

...> @1940coupe said:

In that case, the Seller (not me) added value by having it graded/slabbed.

Free expedited shipping adds value too. And even though these Morgans are still available direct from Dan Carr, my experience suggests his typical delivery is weeks (or longer). Not criticizing or complaining. Just saying, quick delivery is worth a premium to some folks.

And it didn't sell for $250 ("Best offer accepted"): http://www.ebay.com/sch/Coins-Paper-Money/11116/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=1964-D Morgan Silver Dollar Daniel Carr&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

I'm not trying to defend anyone who takes advantage of an unknowledgable buyer. But I don't see that happening here. All the info to become well-informed is on Dan's easily-located website.

• Options
    tander123tander123 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

Bought my first DCarr pieces with the 1964 Morgan. Have to say I'm hooked. What else should I pick up that is available on his site and what is a must buy in the secondary market?

Excellent BST board members who complete their deals: WONDERCOIN, DABIGKAHUNA, GEMSTATECOINS, FIVECENTS, SILVEREAGLES92, NEWMISMATIST, GTOster, SCHMITZ7,
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    edited December 27, 2016 11:57PM

@dcarr said:

@epcjimi1 said:

But I am thinking possibly of a clashed-die version towards the end of production.

So, a 1964 holographic (rainbow in a sense) morgan around mid February? Have to mark my calendar.

I would be very interested.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pf70collector said:

@dcarr said:

@epcjimi1 said:

So, a 1964 holographic (rainbow in a sense) morgan around mid February? Have to mark my calendar.

I would be very interested.

No, he said he was NOT planning on doing a holographic version, just a clashed version.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file