Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 395 ✭✭✭✭

Every time I see this thread has a bunch of new posts I think "OMG, I missed something new!"

Can't wait for the 2017 Octagon.

• renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

@felinfoel said:
    Every time I see this thread has a bunch of new posts I think "OMG, I missed something new!"

Ha, made ya look. ;-)

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@felinfoel said:

Me too....on both

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ordered one of these today

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where from?

coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,678 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 28, 2017 8:08AM

I can wait.

large outlay

I just had two months back to back. the other half would hound me endlessly if I dropped high five figures.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a different obverse design for the 2017 Octagon?

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:

2015 and 16 were different so most likely, yes.

The more you VAM..

@CascadeChris said:

@oih82w8 said:

I liked, and purchased the 2015...not so much the 2016 version.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

@oih82w8 said:

@CascadeChris said:

@oih82w8 said:

I liked, and purchased the 2015...not so much the 2016 version.

Well that's the inherent nature of art :wink:

He's working on the owls now and knows everyone's going through withdrawals so I assume the wait should me much longer, a few weeks maybe? Just a guess. Gotta be quick on the draw with them owls though. They go fast.

The more you VAM..
  • PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

oih82w8, Is it the obverse of the 2016 you dislike?
    I prefer the 2015 by only a couple points, I really like the Princess head.

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm with the 2015 as per above, and skipped the 2016 (I don't resell so just buy what I want). I hope the 2017 is more like the former.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.

if it were more like anything it would be less unique

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • 1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

He said in another tread he had them ready just needed to heat treat them ! so it could be any time of day ! but I think he will mint more 2017 silver than last year

Personally I like 2016 better. Can't wait to get a glimpse of 2017

The more you VAM..

I predict tomorrow morning

• VoyageurVoyageur Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭

We will be watching.........

Dan Fan

I like like 2015 better . to me it is more in tradition with its heritage

@PRECIOUSMENTAL said:
    oih82w8, Is it the obverse of the 2016 you dislike?
    I prefer the 2015 by only a couple points, I really like the Princess head.

I don't care for the 2016...I like the Liberty Head (Pikes Peak) version.

(image by robec)

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

While we are awaiting the 'return of the owls' here is another nice 2015 Denver Coin Club medal overstrike for your viewing pleasure....

Dan Fan
    edited May 1, 2017 12:41PM

No new owls yet, but here is the new 2017 Greater Jacksonville (FL) Coin Club 70th Anniversary Medal, silver satin. All were already in ANACS holders. All club members received a copper example free. Way to go GJCC !

The medals are nice. My images, no so much.

Dan Fan

@Voyageur said:
    No new owls yet, but here is the new 2017 Greater Jacksonville (FL) Coin Club 70th Anniversary Medal, silver satin. All club members received a copper example 'free. All were already in ANACS holders. Way to go GJCC !

Only available through the club? Gotta know somebody who knows somebody who knows...........

• COCollectorCOCollector Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

@felinfoel said:

Now accepting orders for Dan Carr's 2017 KOTCT.

Successful BST transactions with forum members thebigeng, SPalladino, Zoidmeister, coin22lover, coinsarefun, jwitten, CommemKing.

@COCollector said:

@felinfoel said:

Thanks for the heads up. Just registered

• nk1nknk1nk Posts: 477 ✭✭✭✭

Yes thank you! I also just registered.

Interesting...just signed up for registration.

edited May 5, 2017 2:40PM

@COCollector said:

@felinfoel said:

With a global moderator named "Sir Humpybong" I feel ecstatic to have the opportunity to join this group. Thanks again!

@nk1nk said:
    With a global moderator named "Sir Humpybong" I feel ecstatic to have the opportunity to join this group. Thanks again!

Me too HAHAHAHA

• BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2017 3:38PM

I have a couple of the hologram Merlin's, and cant wait to see this years offerings. And I sighed up on the KOTCT site, but I flunked the math exam given at registration, so they probably wont except me. ;)

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.

Bruce don't feel bad, I had my 11 year old help me. I felt like I was taking an entrance exam. I hope the questions don't get harder when you order the tokens.

• BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nk1nk said:
    Bruce don't feel bad, I had my 11 year old help me. I felt like I was taking an entrance exam. I hope the questions don't get harder when you order the tokens.

I was joking, I actually knew what 10*2=, all on my own, but had to use all my fingers & toes.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • aclocoacloco Posts: 952 ✭✭✭

Signed up......now the wait begins. :)

Successful BST transactions with: jp84, WaterSport, Stupid, tychojoe, Swampboy, dragon, Jkramer, savoyspecial, ajaan, tyedye, ProofCollection, Broadstruck x2, TwinTurbo, lordmarcovan, devious, bumanchu, AUandAG, Collectorcoins (2x), staircoins, messydesk, illini420, nolawyer (10x & counting), peaceman, bruggs, agentjim007, ElmerFusterpuck, WinLoseWin, RR, WaterSports, KeyLargRareCoins, LindeDad, Flatwoods, cucamongacoin, grote15, UtahCoin, NewParadigm, smokincoin, sawyerjosh x3

Oh what wonders will come out of that killer head of his for 2017????? He's gonna have a tough time beating the Merlin. That was a stroke of pure artistic genius! But I'd bet bottom dollar he won't disappoint

The more you VAM..

I'm in
    2-Silver Proof
    2-2007 Silver Eagle over strike
    2-40% Ike over strike

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2017 3:12AM

@CascadeChris said:
    Oh what wonders will come out of that killer head of his for 2017????? He's gonna have a tough time beating the Merlin. That was a stroke of pure artistic genius! But I'd bet bottom dollar he won't disappoint

There's a guy on CT that said my Merlin looked "cartoonish"....I just laughed.

What is the porpoise of the round table?

• SCDHunterSCDHunter Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    What is the porpoise of the round table?

Flipper?

Anybody who signed up because of the Dan Carr 2017 KOTCT ordering notice above heard back from Sir Humpybong since his initial email?

edited May 11, 2017 4:56PM

I don't think joining the group purely to order the DC tokens is right. I have a member that will vouch for me but decided not to join then as world coins aren't really my thing. I'm still considering rethinking that to broaden my knowledge of world coins though but imo to join just so you can order their DC club tokens at cost isn't the best of reasons. I'm wondering if maybe that's why you haven't heard back though. Maybe they're deciding what to do. Or maybe they're cool with it to get some new blood in and it's just taking awhile

The more you VAM..

@Kudbegud said:
    Anybody who signed up because of the Dan Carr 2017 KOTCT ordering notice above heard back from Sir Humpybong since his initial email?

I received an email from castle KOTCT initially saying my registration request was received then one from humpybong asking questions to verify I wasn't a spambot and lastly an email from castle KTOCT saying my account was activated. 3 total only one from humpybong.
    I did get a personal chat from Barry (humpybong) while on the forum the other night, super nice guy and very welcoming.

Thanks to eBays 10% bonus bucks I picked this up

edited May 12, 2017 5:06AM

@Kudbegud said:

Not yet...but then again, when I stated that my collecting interests were U.S. Type coinage and currency, that may have put me in the "nope" pile.

Kudbegud and oih2w8 you both are shown as members on the ktoct forum. You both have welcome threads started there.

I went to the club and got right in. Guess the email got bumped by Aol. Nice to become a member and explore the table.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,084 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recently opened an Instagram account, and posted this video of the Daniel Carr 1917 Peace Dollar. This shows how amazing these things are! The holder is an ebay holder, and I stuck an old NGC label in there for giggles. I need to pick up a few more of these before they go off sale. Enjoy!

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

Look what I found :o

moonlightmint.com/blog_18.htm

(l8-)>>

@edgar said:
    Look what I found :o

moonlightmint.com/blog_18.htm

X marks the spot!

The more you VAM..

@oih82w8 said:

@Kudbegud said:

Not yet...but then again, when I stated that my collecting interests were U.S. Type coinage and currency, that may have put me in the "nope" pile.

I may have "blackballed" from this group since I have not heard anything from them since my last reply to their questions.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file