Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• felinfoelfelinfoel Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭

@oih82w8 said:

@oih82w8 said:

@Kudbegud said:
    Anybody who signed up because of the Dan Carr 2017 KOTCT ordering notice above heard back from Sir Humpybong since his initial email?

Not yet...but then again, when I stated that my collecting interests were U.S. Type coinage and currency, that may have put me in the "nope" pile.

I may have "blackballed" from this group since I have not heard anything from them since my last reply to their questions.

@oih82w8 - There is a welcome thread for you dated May 6th. Maybe an email got caught in your spam folder.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

new idea for making us more broke (?)

endangered specie HTT made from PMs of course.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • 1940coupe1940coupe Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

as usual I dont know what your talking about ?

• CascadeChrisCascadeChris Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1940coupe said:

@MsMorrisine said:

She wants Hard Times Tokens of endangered animals similar the RCM wildlife series

The more you VAM..
  • DCWDCW Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

.> @CascadeChris said:

@1940coupe said:

@MsMorrisine said:

She wants Hard Times Tokens of endangered animals similar the RCM wildlife series

I think "she" is a middle aged male like the rest of us?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

@CascadeChris said:

@1940coupe said:

@MsMorrisine said:

spe·cie
    ˈspēSHē,ˈspēsē/
    noun
    noun: specie
    money in the form of coins rather than notes.

and the endangered ones are the precious metal ones.

extinct, in fact.

And now that I think of it, copper is on the endangered list. Copper :D

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@MsMorrisine said:

@CascadeChris said:

@1940coupe said:

@MsMorrisine said:

spe·cie
    ˈspēSHē,ˈspēsē/
    noun
    noun: specie
    money in the form of coins rather than notes.

and the endangered ones are the precious metal ones.

extinct, in fact.

And now that I think of it, copper is on the endangered list. Copper :D

I thought of that but figured it was an autocorrect typo as it made more sense as species

The more you VAM..

drum roll or drum fingers?

• PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Shhhhhhhh, maybe everyone else forgot the date........ :)

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,144 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PRECIOUSMENTAL said:
    Shhhhhhhh, maybe everyone else forgot the date........ :)

Maybe @dcarr forgot the date, too?

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

I can wait a day or two or three. Got to make some calls in a few.

Now that I think of it, the people at Long Beach can't participate.

Monday or Tuesday would be better for them.

• dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like releases will be delayed again for another day or so.
    I've been running some large casting molds on my milling/engraving machine and some functions on the machine stopped working properly a couple days ago. So I had to spend the last couple days resolving that instead of minting. A wire inside a flexible conduit that leads to a touch pad on the moving table somehow got pinched and severed.

the old saying always something

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been refreshing all day. Part of me believes this is a red herring, so I will still be updating hourly, lol.

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for update Dan; hope all goes well with troubleshooting, and resolving the problems. I can leave my computer to use the restroom now! :# Lol!

• FallGuyFallGuy Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    Now that I think of it, the people at Long Beach can't participate.

Monday or Tuesday would be better for them.

Gee, I'm kinda busy on Tuesday, but I might be able to squeeze you in next Friday... late afternoon. :'(

Seriously, any updates along with the expected release date announcement by Dan is much appreciated. Refresh!

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PocketArt said:
    Thanks for update Dan; hope all goes well with troubleshooting, and resolving the problems. I can leave my computer to use the restroom now! :# Lol!

DITTO

Dan, glad you were able to trouble shoot and resolve the problem.
    I spent my entire life as an Maint. Super Tech,...... a wire that would intermittently open, then close could be a real head banger!

And don't forget the hair puller "Technician Proximity Detector" where it's broke till you set foot on property and starts working again thwarting all attempts to duplicate the problem.

• BruceSBruceS Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

My mouse button and index finger thanks you for the update. We will stay tuned.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
    edited June 9, 2017 5:44PM

I was planning on the spend and hope nothing is said to me for the upcoming arrivals.

Continuing with the self inflicted mayhem, I am spending somewhere else now. This is a tragic circumstance, but not for the new spend, but for missing out on the Dan Carr latest.

Does he do layaway :smiley::#:*:'(:/:s:o:(:smiley: ?

• Mr Lindy Mr Lindy Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have an updated official launch date for all your new 2017 CG items, canceled dies 1964D Morgan, among other offers you mentioned earlier Dan ?

Thanks !

Lindy

I have a feeling he's working hard over the weekend, fingers crossed for Monday morning, we shall see.

eBay ID-bruceshort978
    Successful BST:here and ATS, bumanchu, wdrob, hashtag, KeeNoooo, mikej61, Yonico, Meltdown, BAJJERFAN, Excaliber, lordmarcovan, cucamongacoin, robkool, bradyc, tonedcointrader, mumu, Windycity, astrotrain, tizofthe, overdate, rwyarmch, mkman123, Timbuk3,GBurger717, airplanenut, coinkid855 ,illini420, michaeldixon, Weiss, Morpheus, Deepcoin, Collectorcoins, AUandAG, D.Schwager.
  • VoyageurVoyageur Posts: 351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dan Fan
  • brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

He starts updating CG informs.

Sweet, so the 1.5 owl should also be the Indian design, right?

I don't see those on his site....would be nice if true

Refresh the page and you will see them...steady.... :)

edited June 10, 2017 6:53PM

???, no change on the front page that I can see, do tell.

eBay ID-bruceshort978

Select the mintage figure page of item you want to view then hit refresh.

Nor on the Clark Gruber page either...refresh no effect

Try this link, and hit refresh.

http://www.moonlightmint.com/dc-coin_gold_list.htm

edited June 10, 2017 7:03PM

Just put the new stuff in his database, for mintage figures, nothing for sale yet.

eBay ID-bruceshort978

That link works...how you found it I don't know cuz it isn't a choice ... Pioneer Gold & Silver that is. I only see Clark Gruber & Bullion

edited June 10, 2017 7:15PM

Its on the front page under mintage figures, then click CG link.

eBay ID-bruceshort978

Ah....I was going off the list on the left.....Thanks

Looks like the 1.5 owls are cheaper this year, but he is making a few more of them. And yes, it's the Indian design. Cool!

He seems to be using his amero designs if he is cant wait for capped bust 1.5 owl

" Admiral, There be Capped Bust OWLS here from 2018 !"
    - Scotty

Dan Fan
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2017 2:02AM

YOU SNOOZE YOU LOOSE

(Mintage figure shown is final.)

dc-coin.com/

(l8-)>>

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2017 1:52AM

Well worth the wait and sacrificed sleep, Thanks Dan for the First Strike eclipse!!!!!!!
    (One of 15 first strikes with flat edge.)

These all went hot at/or about 4:15 AM ET

(l8-)>>

Wow edgar! It payed off for you- get some sleep! :)

Well, life can go back to normal again...at least for now. ;) I got up about 4:45am- saw the items up on Dan's site, and picked up the Flat Edge Total Eclipse, 1.5 oz Owl, and the Lesher. All items I was after- thanks Dan! Great job!!!

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gots me the X cancelled, flat edge and the 1-1/2 oz Owl

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

:)

Life is good again !

Dan Fan
  • FallGuyFallGuy Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

Yes! Although the flat edge eclipse coin was already sold out and I attempted to order two of the flat edge, the site would only allow me to purchase one. But I got my 1.5 oz Octagon owl (actually got two!), a 300th anniversary pirate cob and the 2 oz WWI anniversary/failure commem that I had missed out on last time due to foot dragging. The one oz WWI failure w/broken sword reverse will make a most excellent gift to my good friend who is a former Army Ranger with a degree in and passion for US history.

I am ecstatic. Now maybe sleep will come a little easier tonight.

Best of luck to everyone - I hope you get what you want... unless your intent is to buy it all, jack up the price and list on eBay. :#

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭

Missed out on the flat edge.

Many happy BST transactions

I literally woke up and checked and all were available. 10seconds later I get to my computer and the flat edge solar was gone FML lol. I usually don't miss out but but I did this time. That's how it goes though. Stupid West Coast time! Happy for you dozen or so who got one :smile:

The more you VAM..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file