• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2018 5:56PM

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:
    @Robb “fergie23” Would you agree that 99% of Blacks getting shot by white cops would NOT have been shot had they complied in the first place?

Ill take the under. Way under.

m

And you are WAY WRONG Mark, honestly you really are. I’ve seen the real numbers and have had multiple conversations with many cops including Black cops.

Well this just your opinion as there is no data to back either of us up. I respectfully think you are wrong. I do think most cops are great. I think there are way more cops are racists then 1%. Way more. I think there are way more racists in America then 1% of the population. Way more.

In LA for example just looking the wrong way could get you shot if you’re a minority. That comes before compliance. Heck I’m terrified of white police officers in LA. And LA ain’t alone.

m

LA is a combat zone period end of discussion. Put yourself in these police officers shoes and you would know exactly why they are on alert, talk to a Black cop that isn’t feeling the same way his brother white cop is feeling! Oh and LA is the worst example you could come up with, the amount of Gangs and Gang wars are absolutely insane and they are 99% made up of minority’s lol

You obv> @perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:
    @Robb “fergie23” Would you agree that 99% of Blacks getting shot by white cops would NOT have been shot had they complied in the first place?

m

And you are WAY WRONG Mark, honestly you really are. I’ve seen the real numbers and have had multiple conversations with many cops including Black cops.

Well this just your opinion as there is no data to back either of us up. I respectfully think you are wrong. I do think most cops are great. I think there are way more cops are racists then 1%. Way more. I think there are way more racists in America then 1% of the population. Way more.

In LA for example just looking the wrong way could get you shot if you’re a minority. That comes before compliance. Heck I’m terrified of white police officers in LA. And LA ain’t alone.

m

LA is a combat zone period end of discussion. Put yourself in these police officers shoes and you would know exactly why they are on alert, talk to a Black cop that isn’t feeling the same way his brother white cop is feeling! Oh and LA is the worst example you could come up with, the amount of Gangs and Gang wars are absolutely insane and they are 99% made up of minority’s lol

I live in Los Angeles County. I’ve never seen a gang member. While gangs obviously exist I guess I’m fortunate that they battle it out in a smaller geographical area. LA is a large area as in 500 sq miles. Most of LA is gang free I assure you. Happy to clear that up for you

Time for some football. I’m done.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

BTW Boston has more racial hate crimes per capita then any major US city. That spills over

mark

I think if you put a stop to the St. Patty's day parade that would change. Even then sexually assaulting a potato is not exactly a hate crime, more like a crime of passion

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    whats the deal with castro rage ? Are you all a bunch of escaped cuban boat people ? He had zero impact on the united states , we tried to over throw cuba and failed , are we angry about that?

The cigars damn it...we lost the cigars.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@bronco2078 said:
    whats the deal with castro rage ? Are you all a bunch of escaped cuban boat people ? He had zero impact on the united states , we tried to over throw cuba and failed , are we angry about that?

The cigars damn it...we lost the cigars.

Seems like Billy boy could still get his hands on those.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

m

m

In a forum of hyperbole, your statement about being afraid of the cops in your town is stunning. Get the hell out. Really.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,782 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6, 2018 6:13PM

@Justacommeman said:
    I was born in Detroit and lived in the city as an adult as well. I know the wild side looks like. I fought my way out of it.

BTW Boston has more racial hate crimes per capita then any major US city. That spills over

mark

Glad you found your way out Mark, really that is a good thing. Boston definitely has tons of killings and it’s mostly Black on Black, I read about it all the time. Dorchester, Jamaica Plane, Roxberry, Mattapan, Chelsea, Hyde Park, > @Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

m

m

You obv> @perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

m

m

I live in Los Angeles County. I’ve never seen a gang member. While gangs exist I guess I’m fortunate that they battle it out in a smaller geographical area. LA is a large area as in 500 sq miles. Most of LA is gang free I assure you. Happy to clear that up for you

Time for some football. I’m done.

m

And the smaller geographical areas are exactly what Me and others are talking about, I am sure your in your sunshine and rainbow area everything is fine lol, unfortunately the police have to cover ALL areas. Glad I could clear that up for you. Enjoy the game

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does a bear go to the bathroom in the woods? I just saw his Nike ad. It made me sick. :|

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:
    Does a bear go to the bathroom in the woods? I just saw his Nike ad. It made me sick. :|

Makes you wanna PUKE!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@BillJones said:

Makes you wanna PUKE!

Cost of watching the game I suppose. You fellas will get the message eventually.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@BillJones said:

Makes you wanna PUKE!

Cost of watching the game I suppose. You fellas will get the message eventually.

I sure would like to see Nike go under...….it would make me giggle. :)

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, you have to pay to watch one way or the other. I just hope Nike goes bankrupt for pulling this stunt.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:
    Yes, you have to pay to watch one way or the other. I just hope Nike goes bankrupt for pulling this stunt.

That would be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo great!!!

• Options

Tough to go broke when you assemble a shoe in an overseas sweatshop for $8 and retail it for $150.

• Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

This topic will never be settled. Everyone is racist to one degree or another, it is just a fact of life. The only suggestion I have is to place yourself in someone of a different race in your shoes. For example, I am an on the road salesperson. If I stop by a rural convenience store in Indiana or Ohio to buy a pop, do you think I am going to be viewed the same as if I was a person of color? I am going to tell you now that the answer is no, for sure. I have seen it firsthand, regardless of attire. I cannot imagine trying to do my job if I were anything but Caucasian. In reality, I am a racist. If I were a police officer, someone of color would definitely catch my attention at Darrell's party store in rural USA.. But then again, anyone different than you is going to be an unknown "variable" in any situation. Also, when I quit a job in which I worked there for 17 years, I heard from an ex-coworker that they would not even consider a black person for the job, and it was very disappointing, because I heard they hired a real POS white guy. On the other hand, I do see examples where people of color will pull the racist card where is is most certainly not warranted. I remember working at a Pizza Hut back in the early 90s where an assistant manager basically robbed the place, and when caught, screamed about racism. Sorry buddy, you were just a richard, no racism involved. It is very frustrating for the open minded to distinguish between raw deals and real deals.
    This whole topic is much deeper than any silly baseball card message board can resolve. I would never suggest that anyone change your lifestyle on some internet stranger suggestions, but just to open your mind a little more to think about the bigger picture.
    Good luck to all, and I hope all or your teams you root for fail miserably except for the KC Royals and MSU Spartans.

Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options

@royalbrett said:
    ...and I hope all or your teams you root for fail miserably except for the KC Royals and MSU Spartans.

In the wake of the horrific Nassar debacle including the top down cover up, the entire MSU athletic program should be shuttered. I say that as well about my local university and the criminal activity is much less egregious than in East Lansing.

Ever get to Otisville? ;)

• Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

@royalbrett said:
    ...and I hope all or your teams you root for fail miserably except for the KC Royals and MSU Spartans.

In the wake of the horrific Nassar debacle including the top down cover up, the entire MSU athletic program should be shuttered. I say that as well about my local university and the criminal activity is much less egregious than in East Lansing.

Ever get to Otisville? ;)

No Otisville trips for me. Not quite sure what that means. I have an academic degree from MSU, payed for by countless hours of pizza delivery money earned by myself, which has been invaluable to me in my professional career, regardless of what some ahole did while working there. I personally know someone who was molested there, and I really hope those involved in that crap get serious payback from it. Regardless, bonus points earned by the use of the word "egregious" in your post.

Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BillJones said:

One of the sickest, if not the sickest ad I've ever seen. It almost implies that unless you become like the best or however the Nike advertising idiots phrased it, then you are like a failure.

Sort of reminded me of those old Marlboro cigarette ads that implied unless you smoke, then you really aren't a real man. I guess unless you buy Nike shoes and apparel, and spend your whole life trying to be the best in sports, then you aren't a real man or real woman either.

The kid shown wrestling without legs. That is fine and wonderful for him to do that. Of course we applaud that. However the ad implies that if you are physically deformed like that and don't participate to the max in sports, then you should be considered a failure.

Bullchit Nike and SHAME ON YOU, not just for that ad, but having the kneeling malignancy named Colin Kaepernick as your spokesperson.

• Options

you guys complaining about ads are missing the point. The games are only broadcast to deliver the ads to you. If you even seen the ad you already lost. Get yourself a DVR and pause the game for a half hour and then just fast forward through them.

• Options

Those still embracing the NFL deserve to watch the ads. Consumerism is the antithesis of boycott.

(what the hell does that mean). :#

• Options

If you watch on free antenna TV then I guess watching the ads is supporting the tv show. But if you dummies are paying for cable or satellite then for you to sit through ads is literally insane. You are being double dipped and not lifting a finger in your own defense

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    you guys complaining about ads are missing the point. The games are only broadcast to deliver the ads to you. If you even seen the ad you already lost. Get yourself a DVR and pause the game for a half hour and then just fast forward through them.

After watching that movie, any time I hear Beethoven's 9th, I can't just do it. LOL

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

It appears that Angry White People were not enough to keep Nike's online sales from growing 31% from the Sunday of Labor Day weekend through Tuesday. To date, Nike has regained $1.47 from the $3.17 drop on 8/31. I expect it to reclaim all of that loss soon and continue to rise.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nikes-online-sales-jumped-31-after-company-unveiled-kaepernick-campaign-2018-09-07

I didn't catch any of the game last night, so I watched the ad a short time ago. No surprise to most of you, but I found the overall message inspiring. To me, the ad was much more than CK. It was about the human spirit and striving to rise above your circumstances.

• Options

@TNP777 said:
    It appears that Angry White People were not enough to keep Nike's online sales from growing 31% from the Sunday of Labor Day weekend through Tuesday. To date, Nike has regained $1.47 from the $3.17 drop on 8/31. I expect it to reclaim all of that loss soon and continue to rise.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/nikes-online-sales-jumped-31-after-company-unveiled-kaepernick-campaign-2018-09-07

I didn't catch any of the game last night, so I watched the ad a short time ago. No surprise to most of you, but I found the overall message inspiring. To me, the ad was much more than CK. It was about the human spirit and striving to rise above your circumstances.

I'm very disappointed in Nike and will not purchase any of their crap again. Threw away what I had.

I saw a guy wearing a T-shirt at Micky D's Wednesday that said it all...…..Stand for the Flag...….Kneel for the Cross!

And no he wasn't White...…..he was Black! Very nice guy....we called him to our table and had a nice talk.

K-Crap is a 2 faced lying POS!!!!!!

• Options

@TNP777 said:

One is today forced to pick a side. The left or the right. Guys on the left will line up for whatever idiocy is being promoted by the syndicate. A few years ago it was men entering the ladies room, today it is saluting as a hero the thug that hates his country and its flag.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@TNP777 said:

One is today forced to pick a side. The left or the right. Guys on the left will line up for whatever idiocy is being promoted by the syndicate. A few years ago it was men entering the ladies room, today it is saluting as a hero the thug that hates his country and its flag.

100% agree, and kudos to you for a spot on post, I’m way on the right and am annoyed at being called an “Angry White Person” because I don’t support this dirtbag Kap

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Coinstartled said:

@TNP777 said:

100% agree, and kudos to you for a spot on post, I’m way on the right and am annoyed at being called an “Angry White Person” because I don’t support this dirtbag Kap

Totally agree.

• Options

https://youtu.be/D2if9_Y6sHU

Oh I'm sorry, I meant to post a Nike video.

• Options

Again it just blows my mind that people can support these Kneelers

• Options

Paul, you’re annoyed because there’s another White Person here who is, in my opinion, being reasonable and willing to acknowledge that people that aren’t white have concerns about how they’re treated in this country.

Glicker, it’s cute how you make assumptions about people. To you and others here, it’s “right” and “left”. Nope. I’m an American. I’m a veteran. I’m very ****ing proud of both. I drank the “right’s” koolaid for 30 years and along the way developed the capability to think outside the boxes I was comfortable in. That’s not a bad thing, but according to most here I’m supporting someone who’s a thug and hates America. By extension I guess I must hate America, too.

Y’all are a trip.

• Options

Lemme think about this for a second...a fella named Fidel Castro in the 1960's came very close to being responsible for possibly killing over 100 million Americans. Colin Kaepernick adorns his garb with Fidel Castro pics. And Nike hires Kaepernick as their spokesperson.

And that shouldn't make anyone angry according to some?

• Options
    edited September 7, 2018 5:47PM

Actually a former green beret was the one who convinced Kaepernick that kneeling was ok. That it was honorable. Even floated the idea to Kaepernick. He supports CK.

After Kaepernick sat on the bench before a preseason game against the Green Bay Packers in 2016, Boyer met with the QB at his next game in San Diego, and the two found common ground. Boyer convinced Kaepernick that kneeling during the national anthem was a way to honor those who gave their lives for the country while communicating his protest of racial inequality and social injustice.

Boyer has done well to communicate his mixed feelings on the subject, urging people on either side of the issue to better understand where the other is coming from — most notably, that athletes are “not protesting the anthem itself, they are demonstrating during the anthem.” He doesn’t necessarily agree with Kaepernick’s form of protest, but he supports (and fought for) his freedom to express it.

He goes on to say he supports Kaepernick, disagrees with the Nike campaign and has never felt the nation more divided

m

https://sports.yahoo.com/green-beret-nfl-long-snapper-nate-boyer-supports-colin-kaepernick-questions-nike-slogan-183831274.html

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Geordie. Honestly Geordie up until recently I thought you were Black, but you know what? I talked to you without seeing color and that is the absolute truth so I promise you I’m not Annoyed at all about you being white with your opinions. I’ve clearly states numerous times in this thread why Im annoyed at Kap and everything associated with him. Please don’t spin it any other way

• Options

Nike ad with Colin Kaepernick - decide for yourself:

https://youtu.be/mreQsQrDF-A

• Options
    edited September 7, 2018 5:54PM

Paul, if you’re serious about thinking I was black, it proves to me that you haven’t read or attempted to take to heart a damn thing I’ve said in this entire thread. I’ve stated many times I’m white and that as a white dude I don’t have the first clue what it’s like to live in black skin.

Maybe you’re just ****ing with me and my “I’m being ****ed with” detector needs calibrating. That, or I need to slow down on my IPA consumption.

• Options

Steve, I get that you’re upset about the Castro shirt and pig socks. I’ve stated a number of times that I find them both offensive. But it seems that because he chose to wear both, that makes his primary message null and void.

Is it possible to separate the clothing from the message? If so, let’s do that.

• Options

@TNP777 said:
    Steve, I get that you’re upset about the Castro shirt and pig socks. I’ve stated a number of times that I find them both offensive. But it seems that because he chose to wear both, that makes his primary message null and void.

No, it's not possible to separate. It only shows his true colors. Plus he has stated he will stand if someone gives him a job. My question to you is...…..what does it take to show you what a POS K-Crap is??

• Options

you guys don't think its possible that the Nike ad is the NFL buying kapernick off so he will go away? NFL got rid of him by collusion because they didn't like the attention , then they arranged for him to get some money so he has a reason to shut up or risk losing the nike money. Thats how you make a silk purse out of a sows ear , spread some dough around

• Options

@TNP777 said:

Geordie - If Castro somehow over the years would have "reformed" then perhaps I could have done that. For example, Germany and Japan were our mortal enemies during WW2. However for many years now, they have been strong allies, as well as great trading partners on many products.

Fidel Castro never reformed. He was as brutal a dictator until the day he died, as when he took over Cuba. I simply cannot support anyone who admires Fidel Castro.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    you guys don't think its possible that the Nike ad is the NFL buying kapernick off so he will go away? NFL got rid of him by collusion because they didn't like the attention , then they arranged for him to get some money so he has a reason to shut up or risk losing the nike money. Thats how you make a silk purse out of a sows ear , spread some dough around

You are kidding...right. K-Crap is not going away. Besides he is not the only one. The only good end to this would be for the NFL Commish to grow some stones and start enforcing the rule in place concerning the NA and Flag.

• Options
    edited September 7, 2018 6:40PM

@stevek said:

@TNP777 said:

Geordie - If Castro somehow over the years would have "reformed" then perhaps I could have done that. For example, Germany and Japan were our mortal enemies during WW2. However for many years now, they have been strong allies, as well as great trading partners on many products.

Fidel Castro never reformed. He was as brutal a dictator until the day he died, as when he took over Cuba. I simply cannot support anyone who admires Fidel Castro.

No more brutal then Putin and Kim.

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@TNP777 said:

mark

Of course not.

But the circumstances of current dialog with those two versus the dictator in Cuba is historically different.

• Options

@TNP777 said:
    Paul, if you’re serious about thinking I was black, it proves to me that you haven’t read or attempted to take to heart a damn thing I’ve said in this entire thread. I’ve stated many times I’m white and that as a white dude I don’t have the first clue what it’s like to live in black skin.

Maybe you’re just ****ing with me and my “I’m being ****ed with” detector needs calibrating. That, or I need to slow down on my IPA consumption.

Early on in the thread when we first butted heads over this, I am not about to go searching for clues. My disclaimer though is I don’t take in every detail and go on my way of posting what’s on my mind. If that makes any sense lol, but yes I’m being serious and not messing with you.

• Options
    edited September 7, 2018 7:17PM

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

My question to you is...…..what does it take to show you what a POS K-Crap is??

I think a good starting point would be a 71-year-old man not resorting to silly grade-school insults and using a bunch of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to show you’re serious.

But what the hell do I know? All this time I’ve been mistaken for an articulate black man. The irony of that will be lost on most.

• Options
    edited September 7, 2018 9:37PM

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@TNP777 said:

mark

Of course not.

But the circumstances of current dialog with those two versus the dictator in Cuba is historically different.

I call BS. That’s only because it suits your beliefs.

mark

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

You are kidding...right. K-Crap is not going away. Besides he is not the only one. The only good end to this would be for the NFL Commish to grow some stones and start enforcing the rule in place concerning the NA and Flag.

There are no rules to that effect nor was there last year or the year before. It’s not in any rule book. It was in he operating manual but not in the rule book. Even in the operating manual it was very vague. The NFL is it’s own worst enemy

NFL’s failed policy on hold
    The anthem wouldn’t still be a story if it wasn’t for the NFL’s bumbling in the matter. Think about this: The NFL wanted the story to go away, somehow gave life to it with a policy absolutely nobody liked, and the policy isn’t even in effect. The NFL had to walk it back to have some discussions with the NFLPA, and the matter hasn’t been resolved despite some meetings last month.

That’s how we got to Week 1 with the players able to demonstrate as they saw fit, just like last season, but with even more attention due to a policy that had to be shelved because it was poorly thought through. The NFL’s missteps on the anthem issue can never be understated. It’s amazing.

mark

• Options
    edited September 7, 2018 9:37PM

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I think a good starting point would be a 71-year-old man not resorting to silly grade-school insults and using a bunch of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to show you’re serious.

But what the hell do I know? All this time I’ve been mistaken for an articulate black man. The irony of that will be lost on most.

It’s ok up until today I thought perk was black too

BTW your last paragraph is HOF worthy

M

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@TNP777 said:

mark

Of course not.

I call BS. That’s only because it suits your beliefs.

mark

Stop trying to change the discussion about Kaepernick's beliefs. Castro was a murderous tyrant who suppressed the freedom and liberty of the Cuban people for over 50 years. That is a fact, Kaepernick knows it, yet he still admires Castro.

If Kaepernick was a Cuban citizen, and kneeled before the Cuban national anthem and flag, we all know what would happen to him. He certainly wouldn't be getting a spokesperson deal for one of Cuba's government run companies.

• Options

Nnnnnnno Kap would have been cuffed and stuffed the moment he pulled that crap and given regular beatings.

• Options
    edited September 8, 2018 3:24AM

@Justacommeman said:

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

It’s ok up until today I thought perk was black too

BTW your last paragraph is HOF worthy

M

And a lot of blacks actually are against Kap, you and Geordie both feed right into this as being a racial thing when it’s not. Blacks and Whites both get shot when they don’t show their hands and comply when a cop has his gun on them and they make quick sudden moves. Mark lives in a nice area of LA and thinks everything is rose petals and sunshine, but again guess what? The police are dealing with the gangland territories that are overrun by minority illegal gangs that murder, steal and commit crimes daily as well as your nice lil neighborhood.

This discussion has been closed.