Home Sports Talk
Options

Is Kaepernick a jerk?

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    So let's see if i can get this straight. A job applicant puts his previous places of employment on his resume. The prospective employer contacts his previous employers. They all state that although he has the qualifications, he was a disruption to the workplace and an overall detriment to the company, which is why he was let go.

The prospective employer decides not to hire this individual.

So now this is considered collusion?

It's NOT! But our judicial system is a JOKE.....HE WILL PROBABLY WIN!! AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    So let's see if i can get this straight. A job applicant puts his previous places of employment on his resume. The prospective employer contacts his previous employers. They all state that although he has the qualifications, he was a disruption to the workplace and an overall detriment to the company, which is why he was let go.

you sound like a lawyer

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

That is ok I believe. What is not is an agreement among the owners to blackball him.

One can argue that the NFL is by nature in collusion with the draft process. That is for another thread.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,287 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

That is ok I believe. What is not is an agreement among the owners to blackball him.

One can argue that the NFL is by nature in collusion with the draft process. That is for another thread.

There is no way the NFL owners had any agreement to blackball this kneeling vermin.

As I implied with my example - Kaepernick basically blackballed himself through his own repugnant behavior.

TO could make a similar claim. He got to the point whereby whatever talent he had left, wasn't worth the aggravation that he brought with him. Is TO going to claim now that he was blackballed?

• Options

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

There is no way the NFL owners had any agreement to blackball this kneeling vermin.

As I implied with my example - Kaepernick basically blackballed himself through his own repugnant behavior.

TO could make a similar claim. He got to the point whereby whatever talent he had left, wasn't worth the aggravation that he brought with him. Is TO going to claim now that he was blackballed?

Totally agree!

• Options

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

I don't believe that the owners colluded in the CK case, but they may have. They could have each tossed a million bucks in the pot to cover any liability. Pocket change to these fellows.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

I don't believe that the owners colluded in the CK case, but they may have. They could have each tossed a million bucks in the pot to cover any liability. Pocket change to these fellows.

Could some NFL owners in their emails to each other say that they aren't going to sign some radical leftist kneeling SOB who is causing them to lose customers and therefore lose money? That's possible. However I don't believe that meets or even comes remotely close to any sort of legal standard of league collusion.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

you sound like a lawyer

No, it sounds like someone who has done a lot of hiring over the years and also understands basic business law.

• Options

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

@Coinstartled said:

@stevek said:

Could some NFL owners in their emails to each other say that they aren't going to sign some radical leftist kneeling SOB who is causing them to lose customers and therefore lose money? That's possible. However I don't believe that meets or even comes remotely close to any sort of legal standard of league collusion.

I am an old school guy that believes that an employer should be able to hire and fire at will. In my mind, nobody owes the RLK SOB a job. You run into trouble however as the NFL is a structured Monopoly with 30 (or is it 32) teams feeding at the same trough.

Hope that CK gets zero but would not be surprised to see him win a substantial cash award.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nowhere is it written that any team has to sign a player at anytime. Looking at it from a regular working guy it disgusts me that this scumbag wore pig socks to mock the entire Law Enforcement system in the country, he started one of the biggest controversies in NFL history, all in his place of employment and to top it off he refused a contract from the Broncos and they are allowing this joke of a case to go forward?? Nothing in today’s society surprises me. NOTHING

• Options

If I’m a business owner I can chose to hire whoever I want, if I don’t like how you look, talk, smell, dress or how you present yourself then it’s my right to decide if I give someone a job or not period.

• Options

I totally agree with perkdog. This is beyond stupid. Maybe I should go around to all the teams asking for job at R CB. When they all refuse to hire me at 71 and I can run a 15.2 40.......I'll sue the NFL for collusion!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    I totally agree with perkdog. This is beyond stupid. Maybe I should go around to all the teams asking for job at R CB. When they all refuse to hire me at 71 and I can run a 15.2 40.......I'll sue the NFL for collusion!!

Age discrimination - it's obvious. Case closed.

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I would like to see a Receiver just try to get by me!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,780 ✭✭✭✭✭

This disruptive piece of garbage was not blackballed. He opted out of his contract with the 49ers, and turned down a contract with Denver. Maybe had he been a better employee, he would have a job now.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Lots of black ball experts in this thread

• Options
    edited August 31, 2018 8:18AM

@perkdog said:
    Nowhere is it written that any team has to sign a player at anytime. Looking at it from a regular working guy it disgusts me that this scumbag wore pig socks to mock the entire Law Enforcement system in the country, he started one of the biggest controversies in NFL history, all in his place of employment and to top it off he refused a contract from the Broncos and they are allowing this joke of a case to go forward?? Nothing in today’s society surprises me. NOTHING

I always laugh at ignorant deadheads such as Kaepernick, but not in a funny way...that if a gang of hoodies started breaking in to Kaepernick's house, who is he going to call to help him? The police or Black Lives Matter?

It does tick me off that our brave police officers save probably hundreds of lives each day throughout America, including many black lives...yet a jerk such a Kaepernick wishes to bring attention to the few incidents whereby the police may have made a mistake, even though there are already legal remedies in place to adjudicate that.

Kaepernick's "cause" is a false narrative, and we all know it.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Jon I've told you this many times before, that it's illegal to bring weapons on to the playing field. For example using a sledgehammer to hit the receiver to prevent him from catching a pass, is a 15 yard penalty.

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Jon I've told you this many times before, that it's illegal to bring weapons on to the playing field. For example using a sledgehammer to hit the receiver to prevent him from catching a pass, is a 15 yard penalty.

Thing is I probably couldn't get close enough to hit him with the sledge....I would probably have to use a .45 Colt...which is probably a penalty also. :/:oB)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Thing is I probably couldn't get close enough to hit him with the sledge....I would probably have to use a .45 Colt...which is probably a penalty also. :/:oB)

That one might get ya tossed out of the game...

...that is unless you are an Eagle playing at the Linc, the refs might not even notice it. :D

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I don't know about that but I watched half of the Pats game last night and there was a 15 yard penalty on every other play.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    Lots of black ball experts in this thread

And a few apologists for that scumbag Kap

• Options

People forget that Kap has clearly stated that he will now stand for the anthem, ofcourse it’s only because he wants a contract. The guy starts all this crap then has the nerve to go against what HE STARTED only because he wants a contract. Total FRAUD and idiot, the fact that there are people that still back this guy up is utterly ridiculous

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled

Seems I need to follow these threads closer...

What happened to Knucklehead?

I would ask Paul Winchell but unfortunately that would be a one sided conversation.

I suppose he changed his name, got a better jig and went onto bigger and better things...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options

Winchell was brilliant. Invented the artificial heart. You can look it up.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    People forget that Kap has clearly stated that he will now stand for the anthem, ofcourse it’s only because he wants a contract. The guy starts all this crap then has the nerve to go against what HE STARTED only because he wants a contract. Total FRAUD and idiot, the fact that there are people that still back this guy up is utterly ridiculous

Michael Vick would have ended up in the junk heap of ex football players, but he retained starting QB talent. CK never had that and found that he was expendable. Minimum wages are rising so he will be ok.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 31, 2018 3:52PM

Sad to see judgment passed under these circumstances...

And for the record, Paul Winchell was brilliant... In looking back at my prior post, I should have spelled out Knucklehead instead of using he on the third line... even though it may not have made a difference.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

the jerk store called.........they're running out of Kaepernick

• Options

That is Jerry Mahoney at the left of Winchell. Knucklhead was in Detroit to the left of Arianna.

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

OMG NIKE JUST LOST ME FOR LIFE I'M SWITCHING TO PW MINOR SHOES AT LEAST THERE MADE IN AMERICA MUCH BETTER SHOES AND NOT OVERPRICED GARBAGE LIKE NIKE

Colin Kaepernick is the face of Nike's 30th anniversary of "Just Do It" campaign: Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
    https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/9/3/17815292/colin-kaepernick-nike-ad-just-do-it-anniversary

• Options

@TNP777 said:
    OMG NIKE JUST LOST ME FOR LIFE I'M SWITCHING TO PW MINOR SHOES AT LEAST THERE MADE IN AMERICA MUCH BETTER SHOES AND NOT OVERPRICED GARBAGE LIKE NIKE

Colin Kaepernick is the face of Nike's 30th anniversary of "Just Do It" campaign: Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.
    https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/9/3/17815292/colin-kaepernick-nike-ad-just-do-it-anniversary

Couldn't agree with ya more.

It's almost hard to believe. Then again, sadly, maybe it isn't.

• Options

Wow.....just makes you want to PUKE!!!!!!!!! I'll see if I can find some Nike stuff to burn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To answer the OP's original question...…...K-Crap is beyond a jerk....he is the biggest hypocrite in the WORLD!!!

• Options
    edited September 3, 2018 3:59PM

Nike is the poster child for sweatshop labor. Who stands for those people?

• Options

So let me ask this question, maybe the Kap lovers can enlighten me. “Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything”. Who actually believes that Kap deserves those words? The guy is a fraud, he contradicted himself BIG TIME by stating he would stand for the anthem now!!! You know why!?? Because he cares more about money than his fake beliefs, he wants a contract so he will stand! Unbelievable that this loser gets any air time. I suppose all you Kap lovers support those pig socks?

• Options

@perkdog said:
    So let me ask this question, maybe the Kap lovers can enlighten me. “Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything”. Who actually believes that Kap deserves those words? The guy is a fraud, he contradicted himself BIG TIME by stating he would stand for the anthem now!!! You know why!?? Because he cares more about money than his fake beliefs, he wants a contract so he will stand! Unbelievable that this loser gets any air time. I suppose all you Kap lovers support those pig socks?

He is young and stupid though. It probably didn't occur to him that teams would pass on him , that his skills were never what he thought , that people might have thought he was over rated to begin with.

Tom Brady , Aaron Rogers , QB's like that would get more leeway.

I think most pro athletes have large egos , the think they are more important than they actually are , prettier , smarter , whatever. Partly because they are surrounded with hangers on that are always pumping the tires and telling them they are special. They want to tell us how we should eat and even who to vote for

He may never have been a true top level QB , he had some success but it could have been system or coaching related.

Why even SteveK would probably award him 5 rings if he played for Bellicheck just cuz.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

He is young and stupid though. It probably didn't occur to him that teams would pass on him , that his skills were never what he thought , that people might have thought he was over rated to begin with.

I think most pro athletes have large egos , the think they are more important than they actually are , prettier , smarter , whatever. Partly because they are surrounded with hangers on that are always pumping the tires and telling them they are special. They want to tell us how we should eat and even who to vote for

He may never have been a true top level QB , he had some success but it could have been system or coaching related.

Why even SteveK would probably award him 5 rings if he played for Bellicheck just cuz.

Brady was a diamond in the rough. Belichick polished him into a gem.

No coach on earth could polish Kaepernick into a gem with his demented attitude.

• Options

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

No coach on earth could polish Kaepernick into a gem with his demented attitude.

Oh come on , when he broke in he was under the radar. He is out in San Fran though , a lunatic asylum of a place , he has some success , it goes to his head , he picks up a few parasite yes-men types that start telling him hes a genius .
    Fame does that to a lot of people. Brady was an unassuming guy forever now he has turned into a whack-job too.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:

Oh come on , when he broke in he was under the radar. He is out in San Fran though , a lunatic asylum of a place , he has some success , it goes to his head , he picks up a few parasite yes-men types that start telling him hes a genius .
    Fame does that to a lot of people. Brady was an unassuming guy forever now he has turned into a whack-job too.

I never stated that Kaepernick didn't have talent, of course he did. A player has to have talent to be an NFL quarterback.

Then it's important to have the right attitude and ability to be coached. Kaepernick's kneeling antics proved without a doubt that he has neither of those. Perhaps he did to a degree when he first got into the league and for some years after that, but those days are now long gone.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TNP777 said:

Geordie - If you felt Nike was overpriced garbage, why did it take you until now to dump them?

Daniel
  • Options

Absolutely love the backlash Nike is getting, viral videos of people burning their Nike attire! I’m officially an Addidas guy now myself

• Options
    edited September 4, 2018 7:37AM

What happened to this guy? Why such a big change in his appearance once the anthem kneeling cane into play?? Why did he feel he had to change his looks to support his agenda ??? I think Kap is racially profiling.

• Options

Nike doing this is almost hard to believe.

Somebody's head is going to roll at Nike over this and it's an easy call.

I doubt if Nike will cancel the campaign, but I think they will just let it quietly go away as soon as possible.

However...I for one will not forget this. I will never again buy a Nike product.

It's just astonishing that Nike would do this with Kaepernick. What...OJ Simpson wasn't available?

• Options
    edited September 4, 2018 8:50AM

@BaltimoreYankee said:

@TNP777 said:

Geordie - If you felt Nike was overpriced garbage, why did it take you until now to dump them?

Hi, Daniel. Thanks for the question.

My post was 100% sarcastic. I was predicting, and rightfully so, the outrage most here and many in the public would express at this latest challenge to their precious white identity. Not only was the outrage predictable, but it's been pretty amusing as well.

I've made my feelings know on this subject many times with lots of words - those feelings have not changed. I have zero clue what it's like to live in this country with black skin, nor I suspect do any of you. We have seen, again and again and again (if we care to pay attention) examples of people of color being stopped, detained, shot, arrested, etc for simply living while black. We have seen, again and again and again, people of color having the police called on them for doing normal everyday things while black.

People who still think Kaepernick was intentionally disrespecting the Flag, Anthem and military as some sort of self-serving "little protest", that he and the other kneelers had no clue why they were kneeling, that he is a hypocrite and didn't sacrifice anything... I have zero doubt that if the kneelers were white, this thread would be no more than two pages long.

Two things for the record:

• the pig socks were offensive and didn't help what Kaepernick had to say at all. They detracted from his stand. But again, I don't know what it's like to live in black skin. I've never been targeted for the color of my skin in any way.

• boycotts are dumb. Burning shoes you already paid for is dumb. Smashing Keurigs you already paid for is dumb. Boycotting In-N-Out is hella dumb - I might as well boycott my right arm while I'm at it. Point being, if we're going to boycott a company for this outrage or that perceived slight, we need to go whole hog and examine every area of our life. Who does my favorite supermarket give money to? How about my favorite Jeans? Uh-oh, need to smash my Mikasa dishes - they gave money to the Dems. OMG, Driscoll gave money to a local Republican candidate - I'M NEVER EATING DRISCOLL STRAWBERRIES AGAIN!!! WHAT??? MY PILLOW ADVERTISES ON FOX NEWS????? BURN THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll leave y'all to your white angst.

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

@stevek said:

I doubt if Nike will cancel the campaign, but I think they will just let it quietly go away as soon as possible.

However...I for one will not forget this. I will never again buy a Nike product.

It's just astonishing that Nike would do this with Kaepernick. What...OJ Simpson wasn't available?

OTOH I will make a point of buying Nike.

• Options

@stevek said:

Steve, I'd be shocked if Nike executives didn't think about this long and hard before they made the decision. They almost certainly weighed the cons of losing customers versus the pros of gaining many more. Time will tell, of course.

Dunno if you were just being overly hyperbolic with your OJ comment - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that. Comparing a man who viciously murdered two people to a man who kneeled in silent protest is ludicrous.

• Options

@TNP777 said:

@stevek said:

Steve, I'd be shocked if Nike executives didn't think about this long and hard before they made the decision. They almost certainly weighed the cons of losing customers versus the pros of gaining many more. Time will tell, of course.

Dunno if you were just being overly hyperbolic with your OJ comment - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that. Comparing a man who viciously murdered two people to a man who kneeled in silent protest is ludicrous.

I think I was being "overly hyperbolic" if i knew what that meant?

;)

This discussion has been closed.