Home Sports Talk

Is Kaepernick a jerk?

Comments

• TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

Paul, if you think my posts are “frothing at the mouth”, then maybe we aren’t quite the friends we claim to be. I have been pretty damn rational when debating you and your fellow Kaepernick detractors.

You and others claim to be holding back your comments. Don’t feel obligated to do so on my account.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TNP777 said:
    Paul, if you think my posts are “frothing at the mouth”, then maybe we aren’t quite the friends we claim to be. I have been pretty damn rational when debating you and your fellow Kaepernick detractors.

You and others claim to be holding back your comments. Don’t feel obligated to do so on my account.

Actually Geordie I think you are looking for any excuse to support your agenda and I call that frothing at the mouth, I would say that to anyone that has brought up as many incorrect opinions about what might be racism here. Your post about us picking on Black people offended me straight up, it’s your politically correct way of calling us racists and you have insinuated that numerous times. The funny thing is your white and the same black people you are defending wouldn’t defend you under any circumstances. I call it the way I see it, I’ve already stated I won’t let this come between our long standing friendship here Geordie and it won’t on my end, if it does on your end then so be it, I still respect you and enjoy your input outside of this thread.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@bronco2078 said:

@perkdog said:
    Steve Tom Brady and deflate gate doesn’t fit Kap’s blind supporters agenda

Actually it does . There were all sorts of media idiots and regular joes across the country that thought something actually happened and that Brady deserved to get suspended.
    Glicker still thinks that for instance. There was a definite agenda behind deflategate

ESPN was also heavily involved in deflategate

There was an agenda but it had nothing to do with a Black/White issue that guys like Geordie froth at the mouth to get involved in and automatically take the black side regardless of the situation

:D

what does the kapnernick thing have to do with black or white? Who is white ? the flag , is the flag white in this example ?

:D

Its the same agenda , conflict........ eyeballs .............clicks............ viewers ..................money money money

Keep us divided with bullshit so we don't realize what we all have in common against those holding us down.

The day of reckoning is coming B)

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

<<< As it is he just comes off as an angry, hate filled guy who has been able to laugh all the way to the bank with many millions of dollars he has earned from the system he roundly condemns. >>>

Bingo

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Perkdog and billjones hit the nail on the head! OUTSTANDING posts!!!

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

i just have one thing to say. regardless of which side you're on in this interminable debate, i'd buy every single one of you cats a beer.

and dimeman a foo-foo drink.

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

@galaxy27 said:
    i just have one thing to say. regardless of which side you're on in this interminable debate, i'd buy every single one of you cats a beer.

and dimeman a foo-foo drink.

I would too, I don’t hold grudges nor do I hate on anyone who has different opinions than me. Heck me and my best friend back in our 20’s literally had 5 serious fistfights, not the wrestling/yelling type but the kind where we really were trying to hurt each other and we always remained friends and had each others backs. I think our record was Me 2 Him 3 :(

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2018 3:58PM

@TNP777 said:
    Right now there are four threads in the top 10 that cast current and former black athletes in a negative light:
    * is Colin Kaepernick a jerk?
    * is LeVeon Bell a punk?
    * is Serena Williams a cheat?
    * Derek Jeter is making all American-born players and coaches learn Spanish

These four threads were started by four different people.

• is this colorblind?

If the Asian tennis player had the 15 minute tantrum, the thread would have been about her.

*just looked up Jeter, I never knew that he was Black. Maybe it is TNP777 who measures a man by the color of his skin.

@Coinstartled said:
    *just looked up Jeter, I never knew that he was Black. Maybe it is TNP777 who measures a man by the color of his skin.

Right out of the ol' playbook. A staunch defender of Sacred White Identity accuses a white man (who was almost an articulate black man) and who is defending a half white/half black man, who in turn is protesting harsh treatment by police officers of black men and women, of judging people based on their skin color. Well played, Herr Glickmeister.

@1970s said:
    Just checking in to see how our resident snowflakes are feeling this evening.
    So what is offending us today ? Is it overly patriotic white men ? Perhaps you're upset that we haven't changed the name of the Washington football team yet ? Perhaps you are feeling the
    urge to go destroy some statue somewhere in America ? That seems more important to you then heading to Chicago and solving the epidemic of gun violence and murder in that city that
    is led by your kinsmen. Tell us snowflake, what is upsetting you today ?

>
    Am I the only one that has noticed that the ones bitching the most in this thread are the "overly patriotic white men"? But riiiiight, I'm the snowflake.

Don't have much of an opinion on the Redskins, but I can see how the name might offend a Native American. I've got other things I'm much more passionate about, though.

Urge to destroy statues? Nope. Would I like to see all Confederate statues removed to a museum? Yep. The Confederate South were traitors to the United States, and they fought for, among other things, the right to own other human beings. That is a part of our nation's history, albeit a shameful part. In my opinion, that can be memorialized in a museum of some sort.

What is it with you guys and Chicago, Chicago, Chicago. There's crime in other cities, too. But sure, let's solve Chicago. Hey, how about this? Let's talk about the fact that almost all mass shootings are committed by bat-bleep crazy white guys? No? Okay, back to Chicago, I guess.

So why did Kaepernick kneel? Why did Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson kneel yesterday?

Because Botham Jean, who was killed in his own apartment by an officer who thought she was in her apartment. She first claimed the door was locked, then that the door was partially open, then that she gave him verbal commands that he didn't obey - because he was in his own place and didn't have to obey commands from an off-duty officer who didn't have a warrant or exigent circumstances.

That, @1970s, is what offends me.

@TNP777 said:

@Coinstartled said:

Right out of the ol' playbook. A staunch defender of Sacred White Identity accuses a white man (who was almost an articulate black man) and who is defending a half white/half black man, who in turn is protesting harsh treatment by police officers of black men and women, of judging people based on their skin color. Well played, Herr Glickmeister.

>
    Please try again. You have lost me.

edited September 10, 2018 6:31PM

In other news, Nike stock closed today at $82.10, which means they have recovered all but $0.10 of their slide on August 31. Angry White outrage doesn't seem to have had any kind of long-lasting effect.

Hey, @1970s, does that news offend you? B)

Since we're still in a tizzy about Flag etiquette, what's more offensive? Kneeling, or wiping your nose with it?

https://www.thegudda.com/smdh-woman-caught-wiping-her-nose-with-american-flag-during-trump-rally/

edited September 10, 2018 6:18PM

@TNP777 said:

@Coinstartled said:

@1970s said:
    Just checking in to see how our resident snowflakes are feeling this evening.
    So what is offending us today ? Is it overly patriotic white men ? Perhaps you're upset that we haven't changed the name of the Washington football team yet ? Perhaps you are feeling the
    urge to go destroy some statue somewhere in America ? That seems more important to you then heading to Chicago and solving the epidemic of gun violence and murder in that city that
    is led by your kinsmen. Tell us snowflake, what is upsetting you today ?

>
    Am I the only one that has noticed that the ones bitching the most in this thread are the "overly patriotic white men"? But riiiiight, I'm the snowflake.

Don't have much of an opinion on the Redskins, but I can see how the name might offend a Native American. I've got other things I'm much more passionate about, though.

Urge to destroy statues? Nope. Would I like to see all Confederate statues removed to a museum? Yep. The Confederate South were traitors to the United States, and they fought for, among other things, the right to own other human beings. That is a part of our nation's history, albeit a shameful part. In my opinion, that can be memorialized in a museum of some sort.

What is it with you guys and Chicago, Chicago, Chicago. There's crime in other cities, too. But sure, let's solve Chicago. Hey, how about this? Let's talk about the fact that almost all mass shootings are committed by bat-bleep crazy white guys? No? Okay, back to Chicago, I guess.

So why did Kaepernick kneel? Why did Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson kneel yesterday?

Because Botham Jean, who was killed in his own apartment by an officer who thought she was in her apartment. She first claimed the door was locked, then that the door was partially open, then that she gave him verbal commands that he didn't obey - because he was in his own place and didn't have to obey commands from an off-duty officer who didn't have a warrant or exigent circumstances.

I mentioned LA, and Mark really didn’t like my counterpoint and you might have missed it Geordie? That police officer shooting the guy in the apartment has more details that have yet to come out, there are people that claim to have seen them together before on social media or something in person not quite sure. I see you addressed several people but me, Now Geordie since you mentioned the word “Passionate” and I assume your talking about changing bad white peoples views on social injustes let me ask you this, what do you do about it besides indicate that us bad white guys are racist? Oh and where did you find that liberal trump hating photoshop pic? It’s hilarious that you people are actually are saying she is blowing her nose when she is clearly scratching her cheekbone, nice try though.

Hi, Paul.

What do I do? I have real-world conversations with as many people as I can get to sit down with me. People from my former church world. People whose backgrounds I used to shun and vilify. People of different faiths than my own. I'm not having as many conversations as I'd like, but each one allows me to gain insight into views that I had never considered before. I might not agree with some or most of them, but I get to know the real person behind those views, lifestyle and faiths. That's a good thing, imo.

I vote, and encourage others to register to vote, regardless of who they'll be voting for. I promote candidates who aren't beholden to lobbyists with deep pockets. And for the first time in my life, I participated in a peaceful protest on March 24. I may do more of that kind of thing, but I dunno. That took me way outside my comfort zone.

Oh, and I'm learning Spanish. It's a cool language and one that will serve me well if I plan to spend the rest of my life on the west coast.

Beyond that, there's not much I can do, other than be the best husband/father/dog lover/person I can be in my little corner of the planet.

Thanks for asking.

ps: I did see that you commented on L.A. You and I both know that Chicago is the most-used "whataboutism" in these kinds of conversations, though.

Well Geordie then I commend you for actually doing something about how you feel. Now it’s making sense why you are so passionate about this, you are a church goer, I get it now. My mother is a huge Church person so I do have respect for that even though it’s not my thing. Have a nice evening and thanks for responding

@TNP777 said...Beyond that, there's not much I can do, other than be the best husband/father/dog lover/person I can be in my little corner of the planet.

If everybody did this it would be a GREAT world! ;)

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    @TNP777 said...Beyond that, there's not much I can do, other than be the best husband/father/dog lover/person I can be in my little corner of the planet.

ya except cats are better than dogs

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

ya except cats are better than dogs

No way man. Dogs are a mans best friend...…..cats can't be trusted. :o

now I AM offended! 😂

My wife and I have always had a cat and two dogs. Our current kitty is a snowshoe Siamese. I’m his chosen human - he actually walks the block with us when I take one of my dogs for a walk.

Chicago is toast. Detroit of two decades ago. They will manage to carve out some safe spaces, but the heart is gone.

Dogs have masters, cats have servants...we all know this. :)

Cat's are always sitting around trying to think of ways to kill ya.

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:
    Cat's are always sitting around trying to think of ways to kill ya.

@stevek said:

If anyone's cat thinks there is another human out there who will serve them better food, then they probably would. ;)

Hey I want to get in on this too.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 130 lb baby bullmastiff Cam. She’s a lover. Lives for kisses

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@Justacommeman said:
    My 130 lb baby bullmastiff Cam. She’s a lover. Lives for kisses

m

Wow.....I bet those kisses are wet! :o;)

edited September 10, 2018 9:28PM

Our cat, George and our American Bulldog, Ella. Ella has never lost her fascination for her brother.

Good 1000 post music.

https://youtu.be/N7ta17oBv2w

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2018 10:19PM

Very nice pet photos! I like both dogs and cats though cats are usually pretty aloof compared to dogs.

My Shepherd loved the snow.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Man has this thread turned on a dime

Did we actually run out of ammo

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

@Justacommeman said:
    Man has this thread turned on a dime

Did we actually run out of ammo

m

Two year old thread, Mark. This thread has more legs than a Red lobster crab fest.

Our dog Phoebe as a pup, she is a tea cup Morkie. She is full grown now at 4.5llbs lol

@Justacommeman said:

m

Grote15 does tend to lose his temper and get out of control at times, but despite all that, I do feel that collaring him on a leash is a bit harsh.

@1970s said:

@TNP777 said:

I read Botham Jean and thought right away of Michael Jackson's song. He perhaps could have done a tribute song to her, but no, a black doctor killed the king of pop, and served time in jail for it.

You seem to want to be offended by officers who make mistakes.

People here who are supporting the police are supporting black, white, and latino officers.
    Law enforcement comes in all colors. This is not a black-white thing. It's a heat of the moment thing where rookies make mistakes, and adrenaline causes people to do things they later regret.

And let’s not forget non compliance is the start of 99% of these issues

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

I don’t hold grudges nor do I hate on anyone who has different opinions than me.

Does this include one Colin Kaepernick or is it just for us card collectors?

(BTW - I only keep returning to this thread because I'm BORED at work, I'm not really passionate about the 'issue' - definitely time to polish up the resume).

Daniel
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1970s said:

@grote15 said:
    Very nice pet photos! I like both dogs and cats though cats are usually pretty aloof compared to dogs.

My Shepherd loved the snow.

>

LOL. A snowflake loves pictures of his dog in the snow. LOL.

Says the guy who keeps bellyaching, LOL++..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

@perkdog said:

@1970s said:

@TNP777 said:

I read Botham Jean and thought right away of Michael Jackson's song. He perhaps could have done a tribute song to her, but no, a black doctor killed the king of pop, and served time in jail for it.

People here who are supporting the police are supporting black, white, and latino officers.
    Law enforcement comes in all colors. This is not a black-white thing. It's a heat of the moment thing where rookies make mistakes, and adrenaline causes people to do things they later regret.

Oh boy, stating facts like this is going to get you in big trouble with the Kaepernick lovers.

edited September 11, 2018 7:20AM

@BaltimoreYankee said:

@perkdog said:

I don’t hold grudges nor do I hate on anyone who has different opinions than me.

Does this include one Colin Kaepernick or is it just for us card collectors?

(BTW - I only keep returning to this thread because I'm BORED at work, I'm not really passionate about the 'issue' - definitely time to polish up the resume).

I’m talking about people I like and know. I don’t like Kap, I don’t know him personally but I’m going on how he has acted and presented himself and I think he is a scumbag. I would love an opportunity to say it to his face too. I Hope that clears it up for you

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@1970s said:

@TNP777 said:

Oh boy, stating facts like this is going to get you in big trouble with the Kaepernick lovers.

And Incase your unaware I don’t care lol

@perkdog said:

@1970s said:

@TNP777 said:

I've been stopped for speeding around ten times over the years, always work related rushing to get to appointments, etc. Nothing horrendous such as blatant speeding in residential areas. I was usually going around 20 mph over the speed limit on a highway. Each time I was stopped, I felt that I did deserve a ticket.

Each time I was cordial with the police officer, fully cooperated answering any questions, etc...and not once did I receive a ticket, and I sincerely thanked him for that.

I have no doubt whatsoever that anyone of any race in the exact same situation, responding in the exact same manner as me, would have also not received a ticket.

Another story - A friend of mine picks me up in his car at my house in the early evening and we drive over to New Jersey for a poker game. Well, i had played poker with him many times before, and he often had a habit of too much drinking during the game. I never drank when playing poker. So it's now perhaps around 3:00 in the morning, the game comes to an end and my friend is a bit inebriated. I insist that I drive him home with his car, then I drive home, and bring his car back to him in the morning where he or his wife could then drive me back. Anyway, I'm driving out of the neighborhood and a cop stops me. Turns out my friend did have a non-working tail light, and the cop very friendly was telling me that and was about to let us go. When my stupid friend, being drunk, starts arguing with the cop, saying crap like where do you get off stopping us, etc, etc, etc. Well of course the cop tells him to get out of the car, and they're doing something for a few minutes outside, i didn't want to even look, it was on the other side of the car as I was sitting in the car, as the cop had no problem with me. Well here it comes, the cop comes over to me and tells me that he's taking my friend down to the police station. So now I'm in New Jersey with my friend's car, in a neighborhood I wasn't familiar with, and I had no idea where was the local police station. I couldn't just abandon my friend. So i drove back to the house where we had played poker, found out where the police station was, drove over there, I walk in and my friend is still arguing with the police. I think the police were getting sick and tired of him, but not tired enough to not issue bail or he would be imprisoned. Fortunately, i had a good night playing poker so i wasn't broke, and if I'm remembering right the bail was $50. I paid it and then drove my friend home. Bottom line as Perkdog wisely says COMPLIANCE, IE cooperation and keeping your mouth shut unless it's to be cordial and answer the officer's questions will basically keep virtually any if not every normal situation with the police from escalating out of control.

• fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭✭

1970s,
    We heard from the most prominent resident snowflakes already: yourself and SteveK.

Stevek that isn't a fact. I understand that for some people, like yourself, that can't support their position with facts it is important to try and confuse opinion with fact. The 99% number is entirely made up. Do I think the majority of these incidents start with noncompliance? Sure, do 99% of them? Of course not, that is simple hyperbole, not fact.

I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of people are perfectly cordial and compliant when getting pulled over for driving significantly over the speed limit. The majority of those people receive speeding tickets. In VA where I live, 20 mph over the speed limit is reckless driving and you would get a speeding ticket every time.

Robb

edited September 11, 2018 12:25PM

@fergie23 said:
    1970s,
    We heard from the most prominent resident snowflakes already: yourself and SteveK.

Stevek that isn't a fact. I understand that for some people, like yourself, that can't support their position with facts it is important to try and confuse opinion with fact. The 99% number is entirely made up. Do I think the majority of these incidents start with noncompliance? Sure, do 99% of them? Of course not, that is simple hyperbole, not fact.

I'm pretty sure that the vast majority of people are perfectly cordial and compliant when getting pulled over for driving significantly over the speed limit. The majority of those people receive speeding tickets. In VA where I live, 20 mph over the speed limit is reckless driving and you would get a speeding ticket every time.

Robb

You're "right" again Robb...the correct number is likely 99.99% or more.

Ya know what really galls me about Kaepernick lovers? The extremely rare circumstance of a police officer taking the life of someone innocent, versus the many thousands of lives the police save each year throughout America. And not a single word of thanks from Kaepernick lovers about all the lives that police officers so bravely save.

It's ironic that a while back the Baltimore police, you may know this story, decided for a number of reasons to hold back in policing the tough inner city areas. Well the GOOD people of the inner cities which is most of them, clamored to change that back to the previous level of police protection.

Of course those who don't enjoy police presence are criminals, drug dealers and gang bangers all of whom probably also support Colin Kaepernick.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2018 12:50PM

Echoing Steve's story, I have one of my own. A few months ago, I was pulled over while en route to a client to drop off some paperwork. This was the middle of a work day, mind you, therefore I was in a suit. The moment I saw those flashing lights I knew exactly what was about to go down: money exiting my wallet for a seat belt violation.

Should be painless, right? Give me a ticket and we'll both go about our day in a matter of minutes? Nope. From the moment this cop opened his mouth, I knew I was in for it. I was as affable and compliant as I could possibly be, yet it mattered not. He was all up in my Cheerios.

"Where are you coming from?"

"Where do you work?"

"Where are you going?"

and best of all...

"Kind of an interesting route you're taking to get to your destination, is it not?"

It was abundantly clear that he was having a bad day, and it was even more apparent that he was tossing out some bait to see if I would give him a reason to unload part of it on me. As much as I wanted to say, "All things considered, the answers to those questions are really none of your f'ing business," I didn't go there. Instead, I allowed him to treat me like I was some sycophant who should be licking his boots......and it completely diffused the potential conflict. Not only did I not want things to escalate even a trace, but frankly I was pressed for time and jacking around with him was not part of the agenda. I had multiple reasons to take the high road and play the role of law-abiding citizen, and I did. Even when I didn't necessarily want to.

dos centavos

ETA: I'm Caucasian

Also ETA: I didn't (and still don't) harbor any resentment toward him. Everyone has a crappy day on occasion, and members of law enforcement are not immune to that. The point of my story is that you have the ability to control a potentially combustible situation by way of your actions, even when you're on defense. It's your choice.

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

@galaxy27 said:
    Echoing Steve's story, I have one of my own. A few months ago, I was pulled over while en route to a client to drop off some paperwork. This was the middle of a work day, mind you, therefore I was in a suit. The moment I saw those flashing lights I knew exactly what was about to go down: money exiting my wallet for a seat belt violation.

Should be painless, right? Give me a ticket and we'll both go about our day in a matter of minutes? Nope. From the moment this cop opened his mouth, I knew I was in for it. I was as affable and compliant as I could possibly be, yet it mattered not. He was all up in my Cheerios.

"Where are you coming from?"

"Where do you work?"

"Where are you going?"

and best of all...

"Kind of an interesting route you're taking to get to your destination, is it not?"

It was abundantly clear that he was having a bad day, and it was even more apparent that he was tossing out some bait to see if I would give him a reason to unload part of it on me. As much as I wanted to say, "All things considered, the answers to those questions are really none of your f'ing business," I didn't go there. Instead, I allowed him to treat me like I was some sycophant who should be licking his boots......and it completely diffused the potential conflict. Not only did I not want things to escalate even a trace, but frankly I was pressed for time and jacking around with him was not part of the agenda. I had multiple reasons to take the high road and play the role of law-abiding citizen, and I did. Even when I didn't necessarily want to.

dos centavos

ETA: I'm Caucasian

Also ETA: I didn't (and still don't) harbor any resentment toward him. Everyone has a crappy day on occasion, and members of law enforcement are not immune to that. The point of my story is that you have the ability to control a potentially combustible situation by way of your actions, even when you're on defense. It's your choice.

You played it perfectly, like a fine violin.

If anyone is unhappy with a police officer and their treatment towards them, they are a number of ways to address that thru the legal system or otherwise. However without a doubt, as you so wisely knew, the time to possibly do that is not when in the presence of a police officer during the situation. If the police officer did something wrong, you could get an attorney and take care of it that way or dispute the ticket yourself in traffic court.

I think i sort of knew most of this by around the second grade or so. Teens or adults who for whatever reason, wish to yell and curse at police officers, and disobey them, only have themselves to blame if the situation escalates.

edited September 11, 2018 3:26PM

Steve, characterizing those few of us who disagree with most of you as "Kaepernick lovers" is incredibly dismissive and a gross mischaracterization - it certainly doesn't foster healthy dialogue. I don't "love" Kaepernick. I don't even love that he and others kneeled. However, I firmly believe that what he and others are protesting about has merit. I firmly believe that he and the others are not protesting the Flag or the Anthem or the military themselves, but are protesting what happens to black and brown people in the country the Flag and Anthem is supposed to represent and the military helps to protect. I will remind you that none of us here (as far as I know) has black skin, so we can't possibly know and understand how things are from their point of view.

And the 99% or 99.99% "fact" is bullschmidt. I was asked many, many times for hard evidence for my belief that institutional and subtle racism are a thing. I likewise ask you and Paul to come up with hard evidence that 99% or 99.99% of the incidents in question are a result of noncompliance. Either put up, or stop with the hyperbole.

edited September 11, 2018 3:47PM

@TNP777 said:
    Steve, characterizing those few of us who disagree with most of you as "Kaepernick lovers" is incredibly dismissive and a gross mischaracterization - it certainly doesn't foster healthy dialogue. I don't "love" Kaepernick. I don't even love that he and others kneeled. However, I firmly believe that what he and others are protesting about has merit. I firmly believe that he and the others are not protesting the Flag or the Anthem or the military themselves, but are protesting what happens to black and brown people in the country the Flag and Anthem is supposed to represent and the military helps to protect. I will remind you that none of us here (as far as I know) has black skin, so we can't possibly know and understand how things are from their point of view.

And the 99% or 99.99% "fact" is bullschmidt. I was asked many, many times for hard evidence for my belief that institutional and subtle racism are a thing. I likewise ask you and Paul to come up with hard evidence that 99% or 99.99% of the incidents in question are a result of noncompliance. Either put up, or stop with the hyperbole.

I tried earlier. Of course it’s much less. Some of these fellas are strangers to facts.

mark

I don’t need to come up with anything more than what you can google about the scenarios surrounding these shootings. Show me onecexample where a white cop just straight up executed a black man, ok actually one case where the white cop pulled over s black guy and for no reason the black guy just ran and the cop shot his gun at him like 8 times and killed him, in turn said cop was charged with murder. The rest of these cases that made headlines all were the direct result of non compliance. I love how you guys say it’s “Hyperbole” when I feel the same about what you guys say.

This discussion has been closed.