Home Sports Talk
Options

Is Kaepernick a jerk?

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

My question to you is...…..what does it take to show you what a POS K-Crap is??

I think a good starting point would be a 71-year-old man not resorting to silly grade-school insults and using a bunch of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to show you’re serious.

But what the hell do I know? All this time I’ve been mistaken for an articulate black man. The irony of that will be lost on most.

Geordie, settle down. I told you I thought you were black initially because you were all about accusing whites of being angry and racist

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

I think a good starting point would be a 71-year-old man not resorting to silly grade-school insults and using a bunch of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to show you’re serious.

But what the hell do I know? All this time I’ve been mistaken for an articulate black man. The irony of that will be lost on most.

It’s ok up until today I thought perk was black too

BTW your last paragraph is HOF worthy

M

And a lot of blacks actually are against Kap, you and Geordie both feed right into this as being a racial thing when it’s not. Blacks and Whites both get shot when they don’t show their hands and comply when a cop has his gun on them and they make quick sudden moves. Mark lives in a nice area of LA and thinks everything is rose petals and sunshine, but again guess what? The police are dealing with the gangland territories that are overrun by minority illegal gangs that murder, steal and commit crimes daily as well as your nice lil neighborhood.

I agree with ya!

I'm not sure what Mark is thinking. We all know he is an intelligent guy, but obviously he's got blinders on when it comes to this issue.

I did as well when I was much younger growing up in a suburban neighborhood. Sure I had heard of poverty, but didn't truly comprehend it.

Well, when I was around 25 years old, I made a sales call to Campbell Soup Company which is headquartered in Camden, NJ. As anyone who has been there knows, it's a little bit tricky to find with the exits, and I got slightly lost trying to find it. I still made the appointment on time, but while getting lost for a few minutes, I drove thru some of the poverty stricken areas of Camden which are actually within close proximity to Campbell Soup.

I was horrified by what I saw. The abject poverty and dilapidated homes that people actually lived in. It sickened me then and it sickens me now. I'm just glad that we now have leadership that is working hard to effectively get rid of the criminal element in these neighborhoods, make it a safer community, and growing the economy so that all the good folks there who wish to work can find good paying jobs and lift themselves up.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Nnnnnnno Kap would have been cuffed and stuffed the moment he pulled that crap and given regular beatings.

Yea, instead of Nike shoes, he'd be wearing leg irons.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1970s said:

@perkdog said:

And a lot of blacks actually are against Kap, you and Geordie both feed right into this as being a racial thing when it’s not. Blacks and Whites both get shot when they don’t show their hands and comply when a cop has his gun on them and they make quick sudden moves. Mark lives in a nice area of LA and thinks everything is rose petals and sunshine, but again guess what? The police are dealing with the gangland territories that are overrun by minority illegal gangs that murder, steal and commit crimes daily as well as your nice lil neighborhood. ]

The liberals who run big cities suppress blacks while they convince them to vote for the very same people that suppress them. Where else but in America can you convince a population to vote for you while you keep them handcuffed in a city where rape, murder, and a poor education are what you get in return for their vote.

For those of use who have the common sense to see all this, we are just baffled at it.

well sure the liberals keep the black people down , the conservatives keep the white people down thats the plan and its not real complicated.

Step one be stupid enough to pay 300 for sneakers put together by children in a sweatshop in asia somewhere, step two destroy own sneakers to prove something?????

Walmart has sweatshop sneakers for like 20 bucks. Not a performance issue couch potatoes in their 70's don't shoot hoops from in front of the TV , they could buy shows made of tissue paper .

The people that think a brand or logo is a plus are one half of the problem , the burners of their own stuff are the other. Nike still cashing the checks laughing all the way to the bank.

Put another way , if a shoe company has enough money to hire a spokesman then you are stealing money from yourself or your family buying their stuff.

Everything seems to work this way lately. People overspending to impress themselves or others supposedly. A lot of people I know are into this stupid microbrew nonsense . Id say did you just pay 7 dollars for your beer Scott? He says yes It has like pumpkin or something in it plus umm hops !!! I say but you are an alcoholic you are going to drink 20 of them :D There goes another paycheck

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭

@Robb “fergie23” Would you agree that 99% of Blacks getting shot by white cops would NOT have been shot had they complied in the first place?

I think the percentage is off - Charles Kinsey, Levar Jones, etc - but the majority of these incidents start with the victim failing to comply. Of course complying doesn't mean you won't get the tar beaten out of you if you are a minority as we have seen in video after video after video or evidence planted so you can be framed and arrested.

The bigger question is why are these folks failing to comply? Many times we find out that they are targeted repeatedly by the police. It is pretty easy for the folks to say just do whatever the police tell you when their only encounters with the police are being pulled over once ever couple of years for speeding. But what about when you are stopped once a month? Or six times a year for a decade and never once charged with a crime. I've noticed white people get pretty indignant when they feel like they are being unfairly targeted for something, not hard to imagine minorities feel the same way.

1970s you are 25 years behind in your view of inner city life. It is almost like you are completely unaware that crime is down in inner cities across America and that African Americans are moving out of the inner cities. The entire narrative you are spouting is based on misinformation. Most people are just as surprised that rural white America support conservatives who continue to chip away at their freedoms, their financial independence and the safety net those people need and use all to further enrich the wealthy. Some facts for those folks on here that don't understand who actually benefits from government programs to help the poor and elderly. 43% of those on Medicaid are white, 18% are African American. 36% of those receiving food stamps are white, 26% are African American. 28% of those using TANF are white, 29% are African American. 75% of those receiving Medicare are white, 9% are African American. Some day those rural white Americans will realize that they have been played by the elites in the Republican party and reckoning will be entertaining to watch.

As for SteveK you just make stuff up. It is the same drivel in every post.

Robb

• Options

@Robb fergie23 As far as Im concerned and this is referring to both White and Minority people, don’t advertise yourself as a thug and you won’t be perceived as one. Case closed

• Options

There is a certain percentage of people that take that job are aholes that only want to push people around. Its always been that way but everyone has a camera in their phone now

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    If you watch on free antenna TV then I guess watching the ads is supporting the tv show. But if you dummies are paying for cable or satellite then for you to sit through ads is literally insane. You are being double dipped and not lifting a finger in your own defense

I for one have long ago cancelled my pay for TV and now watch "free" plus netflix.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

It's called expression man. ;) How else can you tell "tone" in printed word? ;) I didn't mean to offend you. :)B)o:)

I'm really a nice guy....just ask Mark. :):oB)o:)

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

Holy crap! I don’t know why this didn’t occur to me before now. Jon is really rube26105, only now he’s regularly taking his meds.

The signs are all there:
    * Vietnam vet? check
    * liberal use of emojis? check
    * liberal use of exclamation points? check!!!!!!!!!!

I kid, of course. Having a little fun in a beautiful Saturday morning. Randy, or rather Randy’s son, was truly 1/1. There is no medication that could overcome that particular brand of crazy.

• Options

@TNP777 said:
    Holy crap! I don’t know why this didn’t occur to me before now. Jon is really rube26105, only now he’s regularly taking his meds.

The signs are all there:
    * Vietnam vet? check

I kid, of course. Having a little fun in a beautiful Saturday morning. Randy, or rather Randy’s son, was truly 1/1. There is no medication that could overcome that particular brand of crazy.

You're a hoot man and I don't even know who this rube guy is. I do like to use the emojis. ;):)B)o:)

• Options

@fergie23 said:
    @Robb “fergie23” Would you agree that 99% of Blacks getting shot by white cops would NOT have been shot had they complied in the first place?

I think the percentage is off - Charles Kinsey, Levar Jones, etc - but the majority of these incidents start with the victim failing to comply. Of course complying doesn't mean you won't get the tar beaten out of you if you are a minority as we have seen in video after video after video or evidence planted so you can be framed and arrested.

The bigger question is why are these folks failing to comply? Many times we find out that they are targeted repeatedly by the police. It is pretty easy for the folks to say just do whatever the police tell you when their only encounters with the police are being pulled over once ever couple of years for speeding. But what about when you are stopped once a month? Or six times a year for a decade and never once charged with a crime. I've noticed white people get pretty indignant when they feel like they are being unfairly targeted for something, not hard to imagine minorities feel the same way.

1970s you are 25 years behind in your view of inner city life. It is almost like you are completely unaware that crime is down in inner cities across America and that African Americans are moving out of the inner cities. The entire narrative you are spouting is based on misinformation. Most people are just as surprised that rural white America support conservatives who continue to chip away at their freedoms, their financial independence and the safety net those people need and use all to further enrich the wealthy. Some facts for those folks on here that don't understand who actually benefits from government programs to help the poor and elderly. 43% of those on Medicaid are white, 18% are African American. 36% of those receiving food stamps are white, 26% are African American. 28% of those using TANF are white, 29% are African American. 75% of those receiving Medicare are white, 9% are African American. Some day those rural white Americans will realize that they have been played by the elites in the Republican party and reckoning will be entertaining to watch.

As for SteveK you just make stuff up. It is the same drivel in every post.

Robb

That's right Robb. Alice in Wonderland is my favorite book. That's based on a true story which you may already know. The author only used Alice's first name to protect her real identity...right Robb? LOL

As usual, those like Robb post only stats that conveniently seem to fit their particular agenda. Even though if this was a political forum, i could slice holes in the insinuation behind every stat he just posted.

Notice that Robb doesn't post the violent crime stats based on race...right Robb? Oh you don't wish to do that now do you Robb? Because that would completely ruin any argument you have supporting your hero Colin Kaepernick.

Which BTW, those violent crime stats are the malignant root behind this whole Colin Kaepernick affair..but no, no, no, Robb doesn't wish to hear that.

It's sad that Robb chooses to ignore the violent crime stats as Alice would have done because that would interfere with a fairy tale world that some people choose to live in. But the recent news headline of "At least 72 shot, 13 killed in Chicago over violent summer weekend, police department says" unfortunately is not a fairy tale.

The fairy tale world of Colin Kaepernick about his reasons for kneeling is of course a totally false narrative, and everyone fully understanding the facts already clearly knows this. However I'll give Kaepernick credit where credit is due. What he did just landed him a fat spokesperson deal with Nike. And of course we all know that Hollywood is likely negotiating with his agent to give him a lot more money to play a few bit roles.

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    edited September 8, 2018 9:28AM

@DIMEMAN said:
    You're a hoot man and I don't even know who this rube guy is. I do like to use the emojis. ;):)B)o:)

That’s exactly what I’d expect Rube on meds to say. You’re gonna have to do better than that. ;)

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@TNP777 said:
    Steve, I get that you’re upset about the Castro shirt and pig socks. I’ve stated a number of times that I find them both offensive. But it seems that because he chose to wear both, that makes his primary message null and void.

Is it possible to separate the clothing from the message? If so, let’s do that.

Geordie - If Castro somehow over the years would have "reformed" then perhaps I could have done that. For example, Germany and Japan were our mortal enemies during WW2. However for many years now, they have been strong allies, as well as great trading partners on many products.

Fidel Castro never reformed. He was as brutal a dictator until the day he died, as when he took over Cuba. I simply cannot support anyone who admires Fidel Castro.

No more brutal then Putin and Kim.

mark

Again with the Kardashian's.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@TNP777 said:
    Steve, I get that you’re upset about the Castro shirt and pig socks. I’ve stated a number of times that I find them both offensive. But it seems that because he chose to wear both, that makes his primary message null and void.

Is it possible to separate the clothing from the message? If so, let’s do that.

Geordie - If Castro somehow over the years would have "reformed" then perhaps I could have done that. For example, Germany and Japan were our mortal enemies during WW2. However for many years now, they have been strong allies, as well as great trading partners on many products.

Fidel Castro never reformed. He was as brutal a dictator until the day he died, as when he took over Cuba. I simply cannot support anyone who admires Fidel Castro.

No more brutal then Putin and Kim.

mark

Again with the Kardashian's.

That's a MUCH better Kim! B)

• Options

@stevek said:

That's right Robb. Alice in Wonderland is my favorite book. That's based on a true story which you may already know. The author only used Alice's first name to protect her real identity...right Robb? LOL

maybe not a true story but a real person :#

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_Liddell

• Options
    edited September 8, 2018 9:47AM

@DIMEMAN said:

@TNP777 said:

The signs are all there:
    * Vietnam vet? check

I like the new forum layout...except...I wished there were more emojis.

From the old forum, I really miss my all time favorite emoji, the dancing smiley. I could have really used it when the Eagles won the Super Bowl. :)

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

maybe not a true story but a real person :#

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_Liddell

Not surprising. Perhaps in a similar manner in which Mark Twain created Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn, and their stories...based loosely on people and events he knew.

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@TNP777 said:

The signs are all there:
    * Vietnam vet? check

I like the new forum layout...except...I wished there were more emojis.

From the old forum, I really miss my all time favorite emoji, the dancing smiley. I could have really used it when the Eagles won the Super Bowl. :)

Yes Steve....the emoji selection went down hill! :s

• Options

Geordie +1 for a Rube mentioning! I loved that guy, he was hilarious and crazy at the same time lol

• Options

• Options

Admittedly absent minded of me to think that the commie-Kap adds would only run during NFL games. Watched a college game at a friends and there is was. Changed the channel but I think I may limit my college coverage to internet and radio. I find it that stomach churning.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8, 2018 6:10PM

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

M> @stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

M

And a lot of blacks actually are against Kap, you and Geordie both feed right into this as being a racial thing when it’s not. Blacks and Whites both get shot when they don’t show their hands and comply when a cop has his gun on them and they make quick sudden moves. Mark lives in a nice area of LA and thinks everything is rose petals and sunshine, but again guess what? The police are dealing with the gangland territories that are overrun by minority illegal gangs that murder, steal and commit crimes daily as well as your nice lil neighborhood.

I agree with ya!

I'm not sure what Mark is thinking. We all know he is an intelligent guy

@perkdog @stevek

Perk yes a lot blacks are probably against Kap. And a lot of whites are for Kaepernick. And a lot of vets are for Kaepernick. All I know is when you’re born an American you are entitled to the right to peacefully protest no matter got mad or upset it makes someone. Nike is allowed to run ads how they seen fit. You have the right to be pissed. You have the right to boycott Nike. I have the right to buy their stock. You even have the right to make statements that aren’t fact based. I’m allowed to call you out on it. Your opinions aren’t fact. I don’t have to buy into it. You don’t have to buy into my mine. I respect your stance even though I don’t agree with it

M

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@TNP777 said:
    Paul, you’re annoyed because there’s another White Person here who is, in my opinion, being reasonable and willing to acknowledge that people that aren’t white have concerns about how they’re treated in this country.

Glicker, it’s cute how you make assumptions about people. To you and others here, it’s “right” and “left”. Nope. I’m an American. I’m a veteran. I’m very ****ing proud of both. I drank the “right’s” koolaid for 30 years and along the way developed the capability to think outside the boxes I was comfortable in. That’s not a bad thing, but according to most here I’m supporting someone who’s a thug and hates America. By extension I guess I must hate America, too.

Y’all are a trip.

Not only did I used to drink the same kool aid as you I used to make and distribute it as well.

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

I gave the correct answer to this nike ad earlier and you all must have missed it B)

• Options
    edited September 8, 2018 6:41PM

@Justacommeman said:

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

M> @stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

M

I agree with ya!

@perkdog @stevek

Perk yes a lot blacks are probably against Kap. And a lot of whites are for Kaepernick. And a lot of vets are for Kaepernick. All I know is when you’re born an American you are entitled to the right to peacefully protest no matter got mad or upset it makes someone. Nike is allowed to run ads how they seen fit. You have the right to be pissed. You have the right to boycott Nike. I have the right to buy their stock. You even have the right to make statements that aren’t fact based. I’m allowed to call you out on it. Your opinions aren’t fact. I don’t have to buy into it. You don’t have to buy into my mine. I respect your stance even though I don’t agree with it

M

It absolutely works both ways Mark, I think you and Geordie both know how much I disagree with the both of you, in fact I’m holding back on a lot of things because I do respect that the both of you and others have a right to disagree with my way of thinking. That being said that is the exact reason I don’t stoop to name calling and disrespecting anyone. Although this is a “sports related” topic it is politics and I don’t politics get in the way of enjoying good conversation on other topics which I do happen to have with you and Geordie. I never said my “opinions” are “Facts” btw but I have said some things that are facts though, and you refuse to agree with them.

• Options

In other news my girlfriends daughter is a junior high football cheerleader and she had her first game tonight in Plaistow NH, the anthem was played and every person in the stadium stood and it was a refreshing sight.

• Options

Quotes are getting mangled. Tough to tell who is American, who is Black, who is 71, who is articulate and who wears their gabardine slacks too tight.

Maybe by post 1000 things will fall into place.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8, 2018 7:24PM

@perkdog said:
    In other news my girlfriends daughter is a junior high football cheerleader and she had her first game tonight in Plaistow NH, the anthem was played and every person in the stadium stood and it was a refreshing sight.

i'm in Texas where high school football is a religion. all aspects of it are taken very seriously, including conduct and behavior. the mere thought of a hs kid taking a knee during the anthem makes me shudder, because i know without a shadow of a doubt that one of three things (and probably a combo) would happen to that unfortunate soul:

1) he'd get dragged off the field by his ear STAT
    2) he'd wouldn't play a single down for weeks

but most likely...

3) he'd be turning in his pads the next morning

to snitch your words because i can't describe the scene any better myself, it is indeed a very, very refreshing sight to see every single person in a stadium standing.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

i'm in Texas where high school football is a religion. all aspects of it are taken very seriously, including conduct and behavior. the mere thought of a hs kid taking a knee during the anthem makes me shudder, because i know without a shadow of a doubt that one of three things (and probably a combo) would happen to that unfortunate soul:

1) he'd get dragged off the field by his ear STAT
    2) he'd wouldn't play a single down for weeks

but most likely...

3) he'd be turning in his pads the next morning

to snitch your words because i can't describe the scene any better myself, it is indeed a very, very refreshing sight to see every single person in a stadium standing.

Totally agree and love your fire. Don't mess with Texas! Which includes the Cowboys! ;)B)

• Options
    edited September 8, 2018 8:14PM

You may want to change your above disagree to agree, Dimeman.

;)

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

;)

Good catch. I don't know how that happened. :/

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@Coinstartled said:

;)

Good catch. I don't know how that happened. :/

We know how it happened...Dimeman drinking too many of those Strawberry Daiquiris again. ;)

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 8, 2018 9:09PM

d-man don't be drinking and jacking with my stats.......i'll tell the Panthers to run it up tomorrow :p

• Options

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

M> @stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

M

I agree with ya!

@perkdog @stevek

M

It absolutely works both ways Mark, I think you and Geordie both know how much I disagree with the both of you, in fact I’m holding back on a lot of things because I do respect that the both of you and others have a right to disagree with my way of thinking. That being said that is the exact reason I don’t stoop to name calling and disrespecting anyone. Although this is a “sports related” topic it is politics and I don’t politics get in the way of enjoying good conversation on other topics which I do happen to have with you and Geordie. I never said my “opinions” are “Facts” btw but I have said some things that are facts though, and you refuse to agree with them.

I’m holding back also Paul. It’s probably just as well for the both of us

m

• Options

Well that is something we both agree on in this conversation Mark

• Options

@1970s said:

I say she is the next sponsor for NIKE.

you know shes 98 years old right?

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@1970s said:

I say she is the next sponsor for NIKE.

you know shes 98 years old right?

Anything’s better than Kap

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

M> @stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@Justacommeman said:

@TNP777 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

M

I agree with ya!

@perkdog @stevek

M

I’m holding back also Paul. It’s probably just as well for the both of us

m

I too am holding back....and it's definitely best for all concerned. :o;)B)

• Options

Hoo boy.

This discussion has been closed.