Home Metal Detecting
Options

Parking lot finds

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting track money, from spectators I would imagine. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2017 3:31PM

Kids from the middle school come over and run on the high school track at times as well as other adults after school hours. I'm sure there are track kids that lose money too. No eyeball finds on the walk but I did pick up 93 cans. Had an interesting afternoon at the bank. I was running some of my metal detecting pennies through their machine and it got jammed up and an employee had to fix it. When she opened the machined she through out all of the "stuff" and coins that were in this little holder in the trash. I said to her that there was good money there. She said she knew it but they couldn't keep it. If I wanted to get it out of the trash I could. 2 quarters stuck together, 3 dimes, 3 nickels, 5 pennies and a 2002 Euro 50 cent coin. I may have to go there more often and hope the machine jams. :);)

This lady told me there were times when the reject tray was just full and they couldn't keep that either. Hopefully they just left it there for the next person to find.

• Options

You had a great day, :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Snow covered everything yesterday... should be some finds when the snow melts... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

2 - one dollar bills in the produce section of Shop Rite today. Glad I bought bananas.

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options

Nice find indeed. :smile:

• Options

Cool find... never found any bills in the market.... outside, yes.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Today:
    2 cents at the CU coin counter
    3 cents at Hannaford self checkout
    3 cents at the car wash

Sons IPAD fell out of school locker and smashed the screen---------------------------PRICELESS
    :smile:

• Options

Ouch... on theIPAD..... I have a Zenbook.. and bought the leather case, which also included a Bluetooth keyboard... it really protects the product...also, great to use... I believe it is also available for Apple products....Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko
    The Ipad had a case but fell out of it, I believe he does want a case with Bluetooth keyboard attached so that he can do his homework with it ???
    Thanks for the info.

PS within 22 hours the Apple store had a replacement, they do not replace screens I guess. 2 months left on Applecare so it cost 49.99 for a new machine [plus the $99 we paid for the Applecare at time of purchase 2 years ago]. :smile:

• Options

Well good... the insurance paid off.... I do not take the insurance since I do not damage my computers... never had an issue. However, with kids, I would definitely take the insurance... The only inconvenience with the Bluetooth is it must be synchronized each time you want to use it after a shutdown. Otherwise, it is great. Cheers, RickO

• Options

I do not take the insurance...................unless it is an electronic device prone to breaking that a 10 year old is required to have for school, then I consider the cost/benefit of buying it. Thanks :smile:

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Beat up penny found next to a curb while out for a walk yesterday afternoon. Got a dime just now near the parking garage elevators on my way back from a lunch errand. Happy Friday!

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭

1 quarter and 1 nickel on a job site yesterday, and 1 dime on the floor at the grocery market checkout this morning. B)

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options

40 cents is 40 cents, nice find :smile:

• Options

I have NOTHING to report..... again.... :'(:'( Will be super diligent once the snow melts - got to be some coins hiding in the snow... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

My wife said "I found some coins in the CoinStar today"

Some?

US...7 quarters 6 dimes 1 nickel 3cents
    Canada 2 Twonies, 2 Loonies, 7 quarters 1 nickel
    1 25 cent Bermuda
    1 10 cent Barbados

• Options

Nice find indeed :smile:

• Options

Dockwalliper, nice job by your wife. Next thing you know, she will have a map of all the local Coinstars and be asking you to drive her around to check them ;)

• Options

:p Wowser.... that is some haul.... and only three cent pieces... I was watching the coinstar as I stood in the checkout line yesterday... two guys dumping change in... could hear coins hitting the reject slot.... One guy pouring...the other scooping the reject slot as fast as they hit.... left nothing. :'( Cheers, RickO

• Options

I've gone by Coinstars a few times this week, including one that is normally reliable for at least a coin or two. Nothing, nada, zilch!

• Options

Dock, The next thing your wife will be looking for is hockey pucks ;) She had one heck of a coinstar find.

• Options

Everything covered in snow... and another storm tonight/tomorrow... eyeball finds will not happen for a while... but when it melts, should be plenty. Cheers, RickO

• Options

OK... BIG coinstar find yesterday.... full reject slot.... Total $1.94... fourteen cents, two nickels, two quarters and the rest all dimes....no silver.... also a bi-metal Mexican Peso and an Israeli coin.... Nothing in the parking lot but snow drifts and plow mounds. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Great find IMO :smile:

• Options

@ricko said:
    Everything covered in snow... and another storm tonight/tomorrow... eyeball finds will not happen for a while... but when it melts, should be plenty. Cheers, RickO

@pocketpiececommems said:
    Dock, The next thing your wife will be looking for is hockey pucks ;) She had one heck of a coinstar find.

Looks like another bad year for the puck harvest.

• Options

Nice score, @ricko ! I got 9 modern pennies out of a Coinstar reject bin last night.

• Options

I am still looking for a 2017P cent in change.... No real value, but since it is a first - and only for this year - I want one... and finding it in change is fun. Cheers, RickO

• Options

5 cents frozen in ice in the parking lot this AM :smile:

• Options

Same lot, same parking space.....10 cents this PM. :smile:

• Options

@1630Boston you need to find out who's ditching the pennies. Then just ask them, "Can we cut to the chase and you just hand me your unwanted coins?" ;)

• Options

Actually it was a nickel then a dime :smile:
    Sorry I said 'cents'

• Options

I posted this in december

**********At the 'world cubing' rubiks cube competition Saturday in Amherst Ma, kid drops three dimes on the floor. I picked them up and asked him if he wanted them. "They're just change" he said. 30 cents for me I guess, helped pay for the $14 parking fee.**********

Change is everywhere, not considered money by many :smile:

• Options

One cent in the parking lot and one cent on the market floor.... Things are 'picking' up.... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

You are picking things up :smile:
    @ricko

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭

one dime in front of the coin star machine today.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options

3 quarters from 2 different vending machines at work last night.

• Options

Well I finally hit a Coinstar jackpot for me. Not like some others have found like Docks wife for instance. Walked slowly past the one in the grocery store and saw a nickel setting on the edge of the reject bin. Went to scoop it up and it was on top of other coins. 7 quarters, 3 dimes, 26 nickels and 1 penny. Nothing wrong with any of them. But no silver or foreign. But I didn't have any trouble getting them in my pocket. :). Last Friday I did a little walk in the Kohls parking lot while the wife shopped. Quarter, dime and 4 pennies.

• Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Found another dollar bill at the grocery store parking lot and purchased another scratch off lottery ticket.
    Skunked just like the last time. :'(

• Options

Wow... PPC, that is a heck of a haul..... I have never had one that good. No luck at all recently in either parking lots or the coinstar.... oh well..at least the weather is warming up.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited February 24, 2017 3:58PM

My 5 latest roadkill pennies. One is a mini pacman

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2017 8:45AM

New to thread.. two best parking lot finds was an 18k gold band with a nice princess cut diamond & a drill set. Cost me 50 bucks for a new battery but it was in great shape and was there for weeks. Spent 200 putting ads in the papers, got 1900 for the ring. Found a hundred dollar chip playing blackjack last fall just sitting there in front of the exchange booth. Scored 8 bucks in November. I've found such better and more abundant stuff out in the country but now live in the city and don't find squat. I work a job that involves walking to and from homes and businesses every day. I can't even find change outside a strip mall at lunch. People are on it out here.

• Options

I found a dime at a local flea market yesterday..... Pickings been slim around here lately.... nothing in the coinstar, parking lots barren.... all the snow has melted and nothing popped up... Cheers, RickO

• Options

14 1/2 pennies at the high school parking lot. Quarter and 3 dimes at the Walmart Sam's parking lot. Pic of 1/2 cent and snow plow cents

• Options

Wow...those snowplows certainly do a number on coins when they catch them...PPC, you must spend a lot more time in the parking lots than I do... great finds.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

I'm with @ricko , haven't found squat lately. Coinstar bins are empty and not finding anything while out walking.

• Options

Little bit of everything today. B) A dime, penny and a gold car wash token (thought it was a golden dollar in the sun), 43 cans, a claw hammer head, a golf ball and a retractable dog leash.

• Options

PPC... do you go for a ten mile walk every day?? Great exercise, and with the things you find it becomes almost a profit function.... :) Cheers, RickO

• Options

@pocketpiececommems said:
    Little bit of everything today. B) A dime, penny and a gold car wash token (thought it was a golden dollar in the sun), 43 cans, a claw hammer head, a golf ball and a retractable dog leash.

Wow, you could stock a flea market table with what you found on one walk!

• Options

No coins on the morning walk and jog. But when I used the self checkout at Walmart there was a quarter and a penny in the change slot