Home Metal Detecting
Options

Parking lot finds

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

2 cents in the bank parking lot........things are picking up.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

No luck in the parking lots (two) and only one cent in the coinstar. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Hard to understand this one.
    Hannaford Grocery self check out.
    $1.50
    Obviously change for more than one transaction. ???

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options

Now that is a pleasant surprise..... Congratulations... Cheers, RickO

• Options

That is awesome.... when you say "2 days in a row" I assume you mean you parked and not that you found a ten dollar bill both days....Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko
    I mean that I found $1.50 at the self checkout at the same store yesterday, see post above and photo above . :+1:

• Options

Gotcha.... thanks ... either way.. good fortune... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko
    A fortune is in the eye of the beholder I guess ?

• Options

Anyway, freezing rain here, wet snow to the west.

• Options

Down to 33 here... starting to flurry..... a lot of snow on the mountain.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Found a penny on the sidewalk at a local shopping center yesterday. Got it home before looking at it closely. Turns out it's a Wheatie! Can't recall the last time I just found one lying around or got one back in change.

• Options

Wow... a Wheatie in a parking lot... now that is an odd find....Cheers, RickO

• Options

Found 2007 D Roosevelt, heads up, on the "tarmac" at Hannaford this AM.

• Options

12 cents on the welcome mat at the USPS office this AM, a new marketing ploy ?

• Options

Wow... paying you to come in and do business.... :D:D Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko
    Paying me but I watched people just walking over them ?
    I just don't get the disregard for free money........it does add up.
    Just my thought.

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

A quarter, dime and 7 pennies at my favorite high school parking lot. Walnut season is now over.

• Options

I hope your season was successful PPC....I just returned from NC, visiting my daughter.... no finds, just food. :) Cheers, RickO

• Options

Found one cent on the tarmac at the car wash today, near the vacuum.
    I just like saying **tarmac **for two reasons:
    1. I design and build highways for a living
    2. I know @ricko will give me a "like" everytime I say it :smile:

• Options

Yep.... also 'macadam'..... that works too..... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

Did postage stamps rise 1/3 of a cent ??
    A dime at Hannaford self check out and '2/3 cent' on the bituminous concrete at the post office?

• Options

:D 'Bituminous concrete'????? :D OK 1630Boston, you have truly outdone yourself on that one.... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

Quarter, Nickel & 6 Pennies at the the High School parking lot. :)

• Options

Dang...you guys are having good luck.... I have not had a parking lot or coinstar find in weeks... :( Cheers, RickO

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

Well I had some great luck about two weeks ago. I was taking my wife to the doctors one a rainy morning and my wife walked straight to the front door of the building. I was hobbling on my bad knees when I looked to my right about twenty feet. I saw what looked like an envelope and had a feeling so I went out of my way that twenty feet in a heavy drizzle and picked up the paper. The envelope turned to mush because of being rain soaked and I saw a ten dollar bill. I just shoved the wet mush pile in my pocket until I got home. I opened the pile and it turned out to be an envelope of $400.00 in all brand new bills. I did not want to tell my wife until I made sure there was no way to find the owner.....like a bank receipt or anything. Well, no receipt. My wife was very happy...................and yes I told her.

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options

Wow... what a find.... makes my two dime (one silver) coinstar find pale in comparison. Congratulations.. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Found a nickel at the parking garage on Friday...no idea on date...picked it up and dropped into my pocket without looking.

"A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes"--Hugh Downs
  • Options

milbroco - gosh what a find! :o I have gotten one penny on two different days in the parking garage at my work.

I have also been finding junk jewelry every now and then at gas stations. Nothing sterling or gold yet, but I keep looking.

• Options

A dime in the Coinstar yesterday.... my wife scolded me, said I should leave it for kids to find.... I told her "It may be a silver dime... or other coin like an IHC." She just shook her head..... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

A blustery walk just now produced a crusty looking Lincoln penny and a lost zipper pull from a coat.

• Options

Is the zipper pull reusable :smile:

• Options

@1630Boston said:
    Is the zipper pull reusable :smile:

For a ladies coat :) It's a gold-colored Michael Kors zipper pull.

• Options

For this week during my travels
    3 dimes
    1 nickel
    6 cents

• Options

Nice totals 1630Boston... for some reason, parking lots have been void of coins lately - for me. I need to check loading dock areas... as suggested by another member. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Posted this on the US coin forum.... I found a coinstar trove yesterday... six quarters, seven dimes and four cents....no silver or wheaties though.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

One cent today but I also found the following in my yard [while I was sleeping].
    Perhaps @ricko could tell me if the last one is a bobcat with pointed ears ?????
    They are here.

• Options

Yep... lots of wildlife in your backyard... deer, fox... and it looks like a Bobcat...but the markings are not common... Bobcats are spotted and that appears to have longitudinal stripes... could be the picture..... but that maybe just a housecat....Cheers, RickO

• Options

Yes, squirrels, turkey, fisher, deer, raccoon, opossum, bard owls, ring naked snakes, red tail hawks, coyote, etc. and house cats.
    @ricko I agree with your "markings" assessment.
    Thanks

• Options

Off topic
    @ricko
    but the color and marks on various animals in my neck of the woods have changed over the decades, not sure exactly why.
    Black squirrels are moving in on the grey squirrels.
    :smile:

• Options

I checked multiple pictures of bobcats on the web....none of them (100's) have markings like that... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

The last pic appears to be a house cat.

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

Still getting in a little walking with the cooler weather. Coin finds are slimmer. 6 pennies the last to days but cans finds were good 79 & 108. Had to get some of the stashed cans out of the shed last week. 289 pounds @ 32 cents got me $92.50. Not the price I wanted compared to 70 cents per pound several years ago but at least gas isn't $4.

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

CoinStar find. 4 dimes,2 nickels, 7 pennies. No keepers except...on the floor in front of the machine a '43 steel cent. :)

• Options

Seems to be feast or famine for me lately.... and parking lots have been zero... will be out most of today, so will see quite a few lots....maybe some good stuff if the snow holds off... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko
    Good look, hope you find a cache. :smile:

• Options

We shall see... cold and snow here now and more snow coming....long way to spring. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Freezing rain changing to snow an -2 predicted for tomorrow. My last walk before the big freeze was through the park and passed the tennis courts. Came home with 3 tennis balls an one softball. Lime green is sure hard to see

• Options

Just a 2014 Five Pence in the Coinstar slot.... a lot of snow in the parking lots, when it melts there should be some finds...Cheers, RickO

• Options

dime, nickel and 3 pennies + a 4mm socket and my favorite high school parking lot :)