Home Metal Detecting
Options

Parking lot finds

Comments

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 dime, 2 nickels and 7 pennies plus 10 tennis balls in the grass outside the tennis courts. Those will bring 50 cents each in our garage sale. Remember the day when you lost a ball of any kind that everyone looked for it until you found it. Not anymore.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seventeen cents in the Coinstar and a dime in the parking lot..... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Pales in comparison to my last CoinStar find, but not too shabby. There was also a modern nickel and penny in the return tray with this silver dime:

• Options
    Wow... nice.. a silver dime is great... Have not found one of them in the Coinstar yet.

Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    I have not been "silvered" at the Coinstar yet. Had the oil changed in the car yesterday so I went for a walk while waiting and found 2 pennies and 38 cans but I did get silvered on this walk with a .925 silver ring. Found a dime today in the bank parking lot. That's better than the interest that I'm getting there.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    wow, PPC doesn't need a detector at all. Just stick to what you're doing
  • Options
    One dime and one cent in the Coinstar yesterday afternoon... the dime was a shiny 2015...looked like it just came from the mint...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    Back in the 60's my friend Louie Zeldon found a $10 bill in the parking lot at Disneyland.

That was really money back then. image
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to put the right people at the top.

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    1 quarter, 1 dime, 4 cents at the soccer field this morning.
    Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    Yesterday, a quarter in the gutter by the parking meter... guess it was too inconsequential for

someone to pick up..... I picked it up...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    One Canadian dime in the CoinStar this week.
  • Options
    A little slow on the eyeball finds ( 2 pennies ) the last couple of days with a 3 day garage sale. However I did get a nice surprise when I was counting the change we took in and found a 1964 Quarter. That was a garage sale first for us. image
  • Options
    Neat... I have not found a silver quarter in change in years.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    A dime at the gas station yesterday and a nickel in the parking lot today. I did take 313 pounds of aluminum cans to market yesterday plus a little copper and got $115. Stopped at the coin shop and bought a roll of 90% quarters for $125. Sure takes up less space than the cans.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    congrats on the roll of quarters! Much more attractive than 313 pounds of cans!
  • Options
    Great swap...cans for coins....I like silver a lot more than aluminum...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Saturday 2 dimes and 2 nickels on the street, Sunday 2 dimes and 4 pennies on the shoulder of the road on a two mile walk and today 2 nickels and 6 pennies on a 2 mile walk. I did a little detecting this afternoon and came across 5 pieces of a dollar bill that had been cut up by the mower. At first I thought it was the same bill but two of the corners are the same so it must have been two. I couldn't find big enough pieces to make a bill. I sure the wind must have taken care of the rest. Believe me I did search. image
  • Options
    No luck in parking lots for the last three days... very unusual...the coinstar has been empty as well.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Broke the drought...just barely.... a bright, shiny 2016 cent in the parking lot... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some fun finds here folks!
    Hit a minor jackpot in one of our local Coinstar machines today.
    Three silvers too! Seen the in foreground of the pic.
    Thought this might be the best thread to share the fun in.

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• Options
    Winner, Winner chicken dinner. It's pretty tough to bend over and check the reject bin.

Roadkill finds have been kinda slim but I did find 2 dimes, 1 nickel and 2 pennies on Fridays walk and a Theater gift card with 22 cents left on it on Saturday.
  • Options
    Wow... a truly awesome Coinstar haul nwcoast... and silver as well. My coinstar has provided nothing for quite a while now. Even the parking lot has been coinless..... seems to be feast or famine lately. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Was gone for the past week and a half on vacation in Belgium and Germany. Had a fantastic time. No metal detecting on the trip, just fun with the family.

Next morning after we came home, I was out walking the dog and found this interesting item. It's the lid to an electronic coin bank. Looks like someone stole the bank and just discarded the jar lid. Too bad I did not also find the almost $90 that would have been in the jar.

• Options
    That is a unique find...and I think your theory of stolen property is very likely correct... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    One of my better walks this morning. 3 quarters, 1 dime and a 1945-D Wheat cent. The Wheat was at the edge of a brick street and I at first thought that it was the round cardboard from fireworks. I checked it and it was a dirty wheat. Must have been washed out recently. Also found 40 aluminum cans.
  • Options
    I thought that I had a pretty good coin day yesterday and then today. A little past a mile into a 4 mile walk I spotted a quarter in the sun. As I got a little closer to it I could tell there were more coins on the shoulder of the road. In a 30 yard section I found 3 quarters, 10 dimes, 5 nickels and 21 pennies. They and been run over several times. Sure made my morning along with 21 aluminum cans.
  • Options
    That is awesome PPC... looks like someone tossed out an ashtray full of change... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    78saen78saen Posts: 980 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: pocketpiececommems

I thought that I had a pretty good coin day yesterday and then today. A little past a mile into a 4 mile walk I spotted a quarter in the sun. As I got a little closer to it I could tell there were more coins on the shoulder of the road. In a 30 yard section I found 3 quarters, 10 dimes, 5 nickels and 21 pennies. They and been run over several times. Sure made my morning along with 21 aluminum cans.

Here is your pic PPC image

Positive Transactions, CharlotteDude, SpaceMonkey, pcgs69, LeeG, MICHAELDIXON, drddm, yellowkid, jmj3esq, colorcommem, CommemDude, lkeigwin, InYHWHWeTrust, ajaan, CoinAddict, CCC2010, coinsarefun, nibanny, scrapman1077, fivecents, erickso1, ibzman350, lakeshore and more.
  • Options
    Today was another nice walk with 2 quarters, 2 nickels and 2 pennies plus 92 cans. Celebrating early for the 4th of July. From the above pic you will notice that most of them had been run over and one of the dimes was almost doubled over. Ricko may be correct about the ash tray dump.
  • Options
    Thanks for the picture PPC.... looks like they were there for a while as well...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    OK...been a long drought..and still nothing in the parking lot....however, I did find a quarter in the Coinstar yesterday.... a bicentennial quarter....nothing special. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Found a quarter at the front of my cul de sac on Monday, July 4. It was a Maryland state quarter, so that was appropriate image.
  • Options
    SHAZAM!!!!! Found a silver 1957 Roosevelt dime in the Coinstar. Super find....image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    1 dime and 4 pennies yesterday and 2 dimes and 7 pennies today just laying out there on the street waiting to be picked up as I walked by image
  • Options
    Well...yesterday was a good day.... 47 cents in the coinstar (quarter, two dimes and two cents) plus a foreign coin and two cents 'stuck' together... looks like a kid wanted a two headed coin.

Then, in the parking lot.... six cents all together.... Cheers RickO
  • Options
    Ricko, nice to see you got silver from a Coinstar. My favorite Coinstar gave it up again for me recently. In addition to two clad dimes and a nickel, I also got a couple of steel Wheaties.
  • Options
    Coinstar again gives it up.... two dimes and three cents and two plastic game chips..... A lot of Coinstar luck lately.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Yesterday was 2 dimes and 3 pennies in a city parking lot and another 2 dimes and 3 pennies on the shoulder of the road this morning. Also did a little detecting this morning in a park and eyeballed a dime, nickel and 6 pennies on a picnic table by a basketball court. Nice for them to make it easy????
  • Options
    Nice for them to make it eas

Just love it when that happens.....image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    1 quarter, 3 dimes and 1 penny & 71 aluminum cans today
  • Options
    Yesterday I found a dime at the playground of the local elementary school. Which was a nickel more than I found metal detecting another elementary school earlier in the day -- doh! image
  • Options
    Coinstar again (parking lot was devoid of coins..)... two cents and a Phillipine 10 Sentimo... with 1993 on the reverse and 2010 on the obverse.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Walked through the car wash on this afternoons walk and found 9 stacked quarters image. Also found 40 can in the next 35 minutes.
  • Options
    The quarters were stacked?? How odd.... someone must have found them, put them there and forgot them... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    I think they had used the car wash and didn't use all of the quarters and forgot them when they finished??
  • Options
    Yep...that would explain it....

Two cents in the Coinstar yesterday... just regular cents... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Found a shiny quarter on the street while walking my dog yesterday.
  • Options
    Found a quarter on the stree while warming up for a 5K. I Need to get a t-shirt imprinted on the back "I brake for Coins". ????
  • Options
    Originally posted by: pocketpiececommems
    Found a quarter on the stree while warming up for a 5K. I Need to get a t-shirt imprinted on the back "I brake for Coins". ????

LOL, good idea for a shirt! Yours might say coins and tools image

I found a nickel in the Home Depot parking lot today. A retiree was nearby so I had to swoop in before he saw it image