Options

Parking lot finds

Comments

• Options
    GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2019 4:12AM
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 nickels and a penny and 12 cans. GotTheBug nice find on the Fifty. (do you find lots of loose change too) I'll bet it sure looked out of place laying there. That's what I think on all of the bills that I find.
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2019 4:12AM
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi GotTheBug,

If you ever try getting that dollar bill, please video it!

Also, we'd love to hear your ring story if you have some time to write about it.
  • Options
    2 quarters, 1 nickel, 1 penny and 36 cans.

GTB-how far from the fence is this dollar bill? Would a long stick get it? I'm sure it's tempting. image
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2019 4:11AM
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would jump the fence and move quickly.... be back over before the bull got the scent...

image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Not a waste of forum space to report here. 7 pennies for the last 3 days but the can count was 127. Now how is that important? I Did cash in some of my aluminum stash and bought 6 silver halves at the coin shop for my silver stash. Sure takes up a lot less space. There's silver in them there streets ??
  • Options
    Nothing in the parking lot, but I did get 4 dimes and 5 cents out of the Coinstar reject bin..

and one Irish 10 cent Euro coin... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    ZotZot Posts: 825 ✭✭✭
    Just chipping in to express my surprise at how many coins you guys find out in the open.

I don't actively search for coins this way, but tend to notice things laying on the ground. I find maybe two coins per year this way.

I suppose it's a result of society having gone mostly cashless.
    I'm pretty sure I haven't made a single cash purchase in Finland in the past 5 years, perhaps even 10 years.
    I never carry cash over here, except when bringing home dug stuff image
    Minelab: GPX 5000, Excalibur II, Explorer SE. White's: MXT, PI Pro
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Hydrant

Why no cans? And I'm just curious but do you smash the cans before you pick them up, or do you take them to a pre-determined crushing facility at a later time? Also, what type of arraignment do you use to carry around 50 or so cans. That's a lot of cans, bulk-wise. Personally, I employ the "smash & stash" method. I invented it. It works like this; you see a can, you "smash" it. Pick can up. Repeat 5 times. Then look for a place to "stash" the 5 cans. Remember "stash" locations. Retrieve cans as a group at "stash" locations at a convenient time. Works for me.

All cans carry a 5 cent deposit here but if you crush them you can't redeam them. they have to be clean and standing and the bar code must be readable.
  • Options
    1 nickel, 4 pennies and 83 cans for the last three days. We don't have a deposit on cans here in Missouri. I'm sure that has a lot to do with them being tossed. Right now the price is 35 cents a pound.
  • Options
    1 dime, 1 nickel and 4 pennies and 113 cans this morning. Yesterday was 3 pennies and 17 cans. Keep on losing that change image
  • Options
    Nothing at all for the past five days..... image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Walked a High School parking lot on the way to metal detect. 1 quarter, 2 dimes and 6 pennies.
  • Options
    Stopped at the Post Office for mail and found a quarter where I parked.....

Yeeeeeaaaaayyyyy broke the drought.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Yesterday High School parking lot 2 dimes and 4 pennies. Today Sam's Club 1 quarter, 1 dime and 3 pennies. Must have had a party at the soccer field where I detected today. 75 cans.
  • Options
    That is one large haul of cans PPC....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    High School parking lot again. Yesterday 3 dimes, 1 nickel and 6 pennies. Today 1 quarter, 1 dime, 2 nickels and 10 pennies. ????
  • Options
    Do people in your area throw coins in the parking lots?
  • Options
    One thin dime this morning.... not silver.... but I saw the sun shining off it from 20 yards

away.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got a 10 at the gas station.
  • Options
    Coinstar haul today at the market.... Three U.S. quarters, three Canadian quarters, six dimes,

five cents, a one Euro coin, a one Euro cent, a religious medallion, a Marine token and a 'Man's Club token. Good day....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Yesterday 1 dime and 12 pennies including a 56-D Wheat cent and 40 cans. Today 2 pennies and 18 cans. Ricko that was a heck of a Coinstar haul. It is pretty tough to bend over and look at the reject ben. image And to pcgs69 yes it seems like the kids just toss the change they don't want. Mom and Dad can always give them more. I posted to soon. Stopped by the grocery store and found another dime and penny in the isle.

Is checking the Coinstar now kinda like checking the old pay phones when we were kids?
  • Options
    Yes PPC... it is like checking the phone slot..... I check the coinstar each time I pass it...

mostly empty...but once in a while it has a few coins... I have yet to find a coin of collector value though....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    The last four days were a little slow on the loose change. 1 dime and 12 pennies. Haven't been by the High School parking lot. Then at the Royals game last night I found a $5 bill laying on a walk way.
  • Options
    Five dollar bill?? That is great.... those finds make the hunt worthwhile... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Stopped by my favorite high school student parking lot and found 2 quarters, 3 dimes, 1 nickel , 14 pennies and 10 cans. Did a little detecting in a grassy area by one of the buildings where the students cut across and found $5.69 including a clad half??
  • Options
    Stopped by my favorite high school student parking lot and found 2 quarters, 3 dimes, 1 nickel , 14 pennies and 10 cans. Did a little detecting in a grassy area by one of the buildings where the students cut across and found $5.69 including a clad half??
  • Options
    The last 3 days produced a quarter, 2 dimes, 2 nickels and 6 pennies. Then today I found a penny and a dollar bill.
  • Options
    10c on the floor at work (jobsite)
    25c outside my house so a total of 35c CAD about 7c US!!
  • Options
    over the past week, found a penny in two separate parking lots.
  • Options
    Been busy.... just a cent yesterday in the market parking lot....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Thursday was a dime an 5 pennies in the Dollar Store parking lot, Yesterday was a quarter and 3 pennies while walking and today was 2 dimes and 4 pennies plus a Caseys gift card with $1.14 left on it in a high school parking lot before I started detecting there. Love those gift cards. always check them out.
  • Options
    Almost forgot (been a tough two weeks)... I found a lottery ticket in the parking lot...scratch-off...

and it had $5 prize on it.... cashed it in. YIPPEE... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    CoinStar jackpot!

$16.98 face value, includes a silver Washie, a silver Roosie, and 5 Susan B Anthony dollars.

• Options
    How in the world did someone leave that much??. $$$$$$$! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner. BTW I found a dime and a 15mm Craffmans wrench on my walk for the day
  • Options
    wow, that amount must've been overflowing on the floor. Crazy!
  • Options
    The machine had to be full on the inside. The outside reject bin was almost overflowing. They moved this CoinStar further to the end of the checkout area a while back. I'm sure if it was right by the entrance where it used to be, someone would have noticed.
  • Options
    WOW!!! That is amazing.... coins had to be falling out on the floor... Congratulations..

Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Found a quarter in the coinStar yesterday. :/

• Options
    Kinda slow on the coins lately but on Monday I did find a quarter and 3 pennies. Yesterday was a penny and a nice plastic tool box that was along side the road and today a pair of vise grips by a speed bump and a nickel and 2 pennies at a coinstar. Just had to be thinking about the coinstar find of WhiteTornadoimage
  • Options
    Originally posted by: pocketpiececommems
    Kinda slow on the coins lately but on Monday I did find a quarter and 3 pennies. Yesterday was a penny and a nice plastic tool box that was along side the road and today a pair of vise grips by a speed bump and a nickel and 2 pennies at a coinstar. Just had to be thinking about the coinstar find of WhiteTornadoimage

Ha! I think you are the king of finding lost tools, though. Now you even found a tool box to store them in. image
  • Options
    Just a painter's tool (scraper, etc) in the bank parking lot. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Speaking of tools I found a nice hammer on the road while driving to the grandkids??. Drives my wife crazy when I pull over to pick up tools
  • Options
    I do that as well.... no reason to let a good tool get destroyed...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    found a dime on the floor next to the coinstar today, came home to find a new franklin in the mailbox, put him away, grabbed the mower and went out to mow the front lawn and found a $20 bill next to the fence.
    Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    find a new franklin in the mailbox
    ??? Not sure what that means, please explain.

A $20 while mowing the lawn?? Now that is outstanding.... great find. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: ricko

find a new franklin in the mailbox
    ??? Not sure what that means, please explain.

A $20 while mowing the lawn?? Now that is outstanding.... great find. Cheers, RickO

A new half dollar for the dansco.
    Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    OK... makes sense.... I was thinking literally and not thinking of a purchase arriving...

some days I can be a tad slow....image Cheers, RickO