Home Metal Detecting
Options

Parking lot finds

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

@justindan said:
    I found a double struck penny yesterday in the parking lot. Looks like it was struck by a Ford then a Lincoln.

Sounds like an Auto correct coin.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

A bunch of comedians... :D You guys ever try stand up??? ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    justindanjustindan Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭

Killed it today in the DuPont State Forest parking lot. It pays to go mountain biking!

• Options

A veritable treasure indeed!! :D Better scan the entire lot.... untold treasures may await you. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found 2 Lincoln’s on this mornings walk. Somebody threw a $5 away

• Options

I found a dime (new Rosie) in the parking lot yesterday. Yes, I did pick it up, it resides in my pocket. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

Nothing for days here. I'm still looking!

• Options

This morning’s 4 mile walk

• Options

@pocketpiececommems... Now that is a good morning walk. Always nice to find folding money. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Klif50Klif50 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭

I was at the gas station yesterday filling up the jeep. While standing there watching the numbers whirl on the pump I looked down and saw a cent on the ground. Looking closer there were 8 of them kind of spaced apart at the pump I was using. I bent down and picked them all up and put them in my pocket. Got home and told the wife about my stroke of good luck and she said I was lucky someone didn't come up behind me and knock me in the head while I was bent over picking them up. That seems to be a new ruse to take advantage of the unwary. This time I was among the unwary but escaped unscathed.

Wife also said there are people dropping money that has been laced with fentenayl and picking it up could give you a fatal reaction. I am not sure why someone would do that but it appears it is happening often down here in the south. I'm going to continue picking up change where I find it.

• Options

I was at Walmart in Douglasville, GA, and had just checked out and was walking to my car. A man coming toward me stopped, bent down and picked up a coin off the ground. I remarked to him that it isn't often you will see someone bend over to pick up a penny and he said "ah yes, but this was a dime", so we agreed it was his lucky day. Wish I had spotted it first.

• Options

Yesterday I went to the market a few miles away (not the usual local one). As I got out of the car, there was a nice, shiny quarter right at my feet. I picked it up of course. Now, I read above about the fentanyl thing... did not know that yesterday. I do carry latex/vinyl gloves in my pocket, so I will be sure to utilize such in the future. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@Klif50 sad but true on the fentanyl dollar bills. Happening here in NC frequently. That being said I'm sticking to pennies!

• Options

@Klif50 saw you said Douglasville. Did you ever hear about the two guys that found the Dahlonega gold pieces in Grantville using detectors. I used to live in Palmetto, GA.

• Options

@justindan said:
    @Klif50 saw you said Douglasville. Did you ever hear about the two guys that found the Dahlonega gold pieces in Grantville using detectors. I used to live in Palmetto, GA.

Not familiar with that story. I seriously need to get out with my MD more often.
    Went to a Confederate relic show week or so ago and it was a blast. I have never seen so many Confederate war relics in one place in my life (other than maybe visiting the Cyclorama at Grant Park in the mid 50's). Much of it was for sale but out of my price range but I did root around in some junk boxes and picked up a few metal diecast cars I remember from my youth. I have yet to dig anything really worth while other than clad coins and pop tabs and a few hotwheels cars.

• Options

I hit the jack pot on a McDonalds gift card. Zero dollars and one Cent. :p

• Options

@pocketpiececommems ... :D Well, we do pick up cents when we see them on the ground... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Found my first gift card of the year on this mornings cold walk

$21.45 more than my last McDonalds one

• Options

@pocketpiececommems ... Very nice... worth checking when seeing these on the ground. Cheers, RickO