Home Metal Detecting
Options

Parking lot finds

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing in the mall lot, nothing in the supermarket lot.... checked Coinstar in both places... Nothing.... :( Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes nothing is OK.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Yesterday's Coinstar find. Includes a 1963 Roosie, a few European coins including a 1960 Franc, and a one-dollar Jamaican coin, mon :). The Jamaican coin has to be the smallest one-dollar coin I've ever seen.

• Options

That's an ok find in my book :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options

That is a nice assortment of foreign coins.... I enjoy finding them... different and often quite attractive...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterdays walk netted 4 pennies and 67 cans and today was a quarter and 4 pennies and 12 cans. The pennies were white from the salt on the streets.

• Options

Post mint damage on the cents. :smile:

• Options

Found a quarter in the parking lot of a movie theater last night.

• Options

This is not good...nothing in the coinstar machines.... nothing in parking lots....well, maybe after New Year's Eve I will check the bar/club/restaurant parking lots.... ;) Inebriated people pulling keys out of their pockets often drop bills and change... and bending over to pick them up is risky...for them... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

You need to frequent places that the older people shop, the younger folks don't carry [or have] any cash, only cards. :sweat:

• Options

Found three modern nickels in a Coinstar return bin.

• Options

Fifteen cents is fifteen cents, :+1:

• Options

Still looking... and believe me @1630Boston...older people do shop in these places....LOTS of them.....Cheers, RickO

• Options

Ah.................but older people are also more careful with their hard earned cash :smile:

• Options
    edited December 29, 2016 6:54PM

Pulled up to a Stop Light and noticed a dime laying on the concrete median. Pick it up. :)

Should add that I am no longer a silver virgin at the Coinstar. Found a 1961 Rosie and a penny at a Walmart.

• Options

My first roadkill find for the year was a 1940 Nickel. Total for the day was 2 dimes 2 nickels and 3 pennies.

• Options

You guys are doing way better than I am.... still nothing.... hoping for a coinstar hit today.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited January 2, 2017 2:10PM

Nothing in a Coinstar I walked by a couple of days ago. Was at the gym today, saw a nickel under the stand of a stationary bike I was about to use. Sadly, my efforts to nab it only pushed it further underneath.

• Options

Ten cents at the trap range this AM.

• Options

Two dimes at the car wash vacuum . :smile:

• Options
    EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found 75 cents (three quarters) together on the road when I went for a run the other day. Must have been a pocket spill getting in/out of a car. :)

I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • Options

Darn.... everyone is finding coins...except me... :( ...... :D It will change.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

3 pennies yesterday and spotted a dime in the blacktop. Will have to take my screwdriver along when I go that way next time and dig it out. It's great to find 3 quarters on a run. Ya have to look at the ground in front of you anyway might as well get paid for it. :)

• Options

While sampling a 3000 ton pile of sand, to perform alkali silica re-activity testing on it, [@ricko might like that], I found a 1994 P Jefferson nickel. It never ceases to amaze me how much money is 'lost' in this world. :smile:

• Options

@1630Boston ....Imagine how many more coins were in the 3000 tons...... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

1 shiney new 2013 penny at the coinstar. Stopped at a Flea Market and looked at some coins. Bought a 1989 Canadian dollar and a 1996 2 dollar for 50 cents each. Now I need to go on vacation to Canada :)

• Options

@pocketpiececommems ...Nice profit on those coins... :) Cheers, RickO

• Options

A quarter and a penny plus 75 cans for a 48 minute walk

• Options

Wow... that is one heck of a lot of cans.... was there a big party in the area?? :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

Oh yeah...forgot to add... Coinstar yesterday... three zincolns and a beat up Jefferson .... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

@pocketpiececommems said:
    A quarter and a penny plus 75 cans for a 48 minute walk

As ricko said, that is a lot of cans. Where I live there are almost never any cans laying around on the ground(a good thing).
    Are all these cans you find on the ground or are you taking them out of trash cans?

Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

I cashed in $151.46 in loose change at the Credit Union this AM and found these jammed in the counting mechanism before I started.
    2009 5 Cent Euro
    2007 Brasil Tiradentes 5 Centavo

• Options

@1630Boston, the bank branch I used to frequent had a counting machine and a staff that was willing to allow me to keep the "rejects". Typically these were all foreign coins. However that branched closed and the one I use now didn't seem to keen on that idea when I brought it up.

@pocketpiececommems, you should frequent my neighborhood. I keep finding beer cans and bottles all over the place, I think mainly due to a small group of degenerates who visit a couple of the residents on a regular basis.

• Options
    edited January 12, 2017 10:56PM

Today was a great roadkill day. 3 quarters, 3 dimes, 2 nickels and 7 pennies plus 68 cans. The cans are along the street or on the shoulder of the street. Yesterday was a quarter a nickel and 6 pennies

• Options

Amazing PPC.... I do see the occasional can on the street around here... it is a small village and well maintained. Usually it is on garbage pickup day and has fallen from a refuse cart when dumping into the truck. Most people recycle.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Took a 1936 Lincoln cent from the leave a penny cup this AM> :smile:
    I don't think it is DDO though :disappointed:

• Options

3 nickels 1 penny and 63 cans today

• Options

Your aluminum hoard just keeps growing PPC... did you ever do a total year's weight of aluminum cans?
    Cheers, RickO

• Options

A little walk and jog this morning. 1 penny, 31 cans and a Visa Vanilla Debt card with $5.06 on it.

• Options

I never thought to check those prepaid cards for a balance. Thank you. :smile:

• Options

Now that is different.... plastic money.... :) Cheers, RickO

• Options

One nice shiny Washington Quarter at the CU coin counting machine yesterday. :smile:

• Options

A nice one dollar bill in Popeye's parking lot....... just lying by the curb..... Hello... :) Cheers, RickO

• Options

Finally you found something ricko. :smile:

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭

you guys are tearing it up with finds. I rarely ever even find change. Personal goal is to find something that's postable within a week

• Options

Just found a penny on the ground at a gas station. Other than Coinstar bins, my best kind of location for finding keepers on the ground has to be at gas stations.

• Options

Finally got a sunny day. Coins showed up better. 1 dime, 1 nickel and 9 pennies plus 37 cans. Back to Plastic money (gift cards) I always check them out. I think the lowest I've found is 3 cents on a Walmart card and a high of $25 on a Red Lobster card. I use to find a lot of low cent Walmart cards. No use in letting them have the free money. I use all of them.

• Options

I have not found 'plastic' money yet.... will have to watch for that.... usually don't look close at what might appear to be paper scrap...see a lot of discarded scratch off tickets.... Checked a few but no winners. Also, someone posted about checking around loading docks, especially in winter for currency.... I will do that as well. Cheers, RickO

• Options

I found a Visa gift card several weeks ago but when I checked the balance online, it was zero.

• Options

The High School parking lot gave me a quarter and 3 pennies yesterday and another $2.66 when I detected along the edge of the track. :)