Home Metal Detecting
Options

Parking lot finds

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

PPC... you never cease to amaze me...Always finding something wherever you go.... :) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

Found a $20 dollar bill in the parking lot yesterday!

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well that $20 bill will beat me by a long shot today. A quarter in the reject tray at the counting machine at the bank. A dime, nickel and 10 pennies at the High School parking lot.

• Options

A $20 dollar bill!!! Great find.... and PPC, your finds yesterday beat all my finds for the entire week :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    themasterthemaster Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Found 2 dimes in a coinstar, one silver and one clad.

Have a Great Day!
    Louis

"If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some." Benjamin Franklin
  • Options

Silver in the coinstar is great...that is where I found my last two silver dimes (Rosies).... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Good day of finds on todays walk. A dime and six pennies plus a nice picture of Abe on a $5 bill plus 53 cans. Used the self checkout at Walmart and found a dime in the tray. Nothing at the coinstar.

• Options

Lightning can strike twice. I think it was last August I found an envelope with $400.00 dollars in it. Well Last night while driving for Uber, I stopped in a local drug store and on the way out I found an envelope with $250.00 dollars in it! No receipt or anything that can tie the money to its owner. And just a few days ago as posted above I found a $20.00 dollar bill in the parking lot. I think I will play the lottery tonight.

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭

2-dimes, 1-nickel, 2-cents on jobsite yesterday, 1 dime at the store this morning. B)

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options

@milbroco... wow... you sure are finding the 'big' stuff..... and PPC... There you go again.... ;) Amazing. Cheers, RickO

• Options

milbroco you need to set a side your roadkill and buy a gold coin with it. You have a super start on it now. My walk today yeilded a quarter, dime & 3 pennies. It sure helps when the sun is out.

• Options

pocket - not a bad idea actually. I always wanted to buy a gold coin but never did. Now maybe I will get my first Goldie.

• Options

@pocketpiececommems ...I must live in a poor area...people just do not lose money such as in your area...
    @milbroco..... You would really enjoy a gold coin... If just for the pleasure of owning one, get it raw - instead of slabbed... even maybe from the mint (they come in a capsule that can be opened). It is really nice to feel the weight of a gold coin... I like the AGE's... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today................
    Steel cent in coin counting machine at CU,
    Lincoln cent as gas station,
    Bicentennial quarter in change I got somewhere :smile:

All will be returned to the wild.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

A dime and 5 pennies at Quick Trip.

• Options

Nothing in the last week and it is snowing here today... plus, next Tuesday, possibly a major snowstorm... Cheers, RickO

• Options

ricko - i guess you live near me. snow today and a major snowstorm here Tuesday. Near Phila. Pa. But i did find two lincolns and a nickle

• Options

@milbroco...Not too far - Catskill Mountain, NYS.... Yep, that big one is expected here too.. could be up to two feet of the white stuff.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

2 feet.....yikes! I don't think we are expecting that much here. Good Luck with the snow.

And another dime and two pennies this morning.

• Options

I'm ready for the snow......................................It can not last long at this point in the season. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options

3 dimes, 4 nickels and 4 pennies + 29 cans on this mornings walk and jog

• Options

Yep... I have to move to your area PPC..... I do not find anything like your consistent 'hauls' around here.... Not even the cans.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Quarter, nickel & penny + 23 cans on a walk and jog. After today's detecting (new post) I stopped by Walmart to pick up a few things and got a penny at the self checkout

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭

1 quarter at the fast food restaurant, and a small well built flashlight about the size of a roll of dimes in the gutter. B)

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭

Found a dime the other day on the floor at my work.

• Options

Another 15 cents in the automatic change dispenser at my local Wawa convenience store.

• Options

I found a quarter on the floor in Walmart...... Wow...that broke a long drought.... :) Cheers, RickO

• Options

Stopped at Walmart for a little shopping this morning. Always park a distance from the entrance to have a better chance at coins and less chance of damage to the pickup. Found a quarter and a dime. At the self check out there were 5 pennies in the tray. I'm waiting for the day when they leave there bills there for me too. Did a 4 mile walk this afternoon. A quarter, nickel , penny and 62 cans.

• Options

Yes, yes, yes @pocketpiececommems , the day that someone leaves bills will be appreciated. And I believe it will happen. Do you return cans for a deposit, aluminum, or the environment ?
    Always love your walking finds. :smile:

• Options

We don't have a deposit on them. I sell for the aluminum to clean up the area. I use the proceeds to by circ commems or silver coins. It just amazes me when you can find change and bills out in the middle of no where at times.

• Options

Great, and I do love your reporting you finds here :smile:

• Options

@pocketpiececommems .... I have never known anyone to have as profitable walks/jogs as you have.... a healthy activity and compensation as well..... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

A green dollar bill I guess in honor of St Pats day a dime and a penny plus screw driver bit and 30 cans on this mornings walk

• Options

Nice 'shamrock' picture PPC.... and another nice walk.... I have to wait a while... LOADS of snow here right now... we got 28 inches... and 3-4 foot drifts... likely be some good stuff in the parking lots when it melts.... but more snow due today.. Cheers, RickO

• Options

The high school and city parking lots were good to me today. Quarter, 2 dimes, nickel and 21 pennies + 12 cans :)

• Options

Another dollar bill for me tonight at the mall parking lot.

• Options

Dang...you guys are unbelievable.... I found a cent by the checkout in the supermarket yesterday.... Wippy dippy doo...... :D ... Still too much snow here... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Metal detected close to my favorite high school parking lot. Found $10.60 in change. No rain and the ground is getting harder. Then I drove over to the high school and walked the lot. Quarter dime and 2 pennies. tomorrow is the first day of Spring. I'm glad the snow is gone

• Options

Nice haul PPC.... glad your snow is gone.... Not here... still well over a foot and deeper in the drifts.... Oh well, Spring has sprung.... hope that is the end of snow..... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Yesterday (Sunday) A quarter, a dime, a nickle, and a penny at a rest stop on the PA turnpike. All 4 coins within 10 feet of each other. Kind of interesting that it was one of each denomination.

• Options

First day of Spring B) 2 dimes, 4 pennies and 54 cans This was just a great day to walk and jog

• Options

54 cans? Do you carry a sack? Well, yes, you must.... seems like with all those cans, jogging would be uncomfortable...unless you use a back pack. :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

A dime, nickel and penny + 73 cans on my walk/jog today. I carry several of the grocery sacks to give them another use. I generally park the pickup and do my walking warm up and toss the cans in the back. If I do some jogging I will walk some more for a cool down and continue the can pickup. I like the zipper pockets on the warm ups and jogging shorts to keep the roadkill coins in. I did find $2.77 metal detecting yesterday around the edge of a park swimming pool fence. I know a lot of these coins get hosed off of the concrete.

• Options

So.....0.16 + 2.77 = 2.93 ......not bad...plus the cans......plus the exercise .....:::::::::::: :smile:
    And you have the 'pick up and drop off' down to a science. :smile:
    You've got it made, good luck tomorrow :smile:
    Keep us posted.

• Options

If this snow ever melts, I am going to get back to walking as part of my exercise program.... and although I would like to think I could do as well as PPC... I know better.... people around here simply do not lose as much change... and cans are rare....That part is good though... Cheers, RickO

• Options

A nice day to walk and find roadkill. A dollar bill, 3 quarters, 2 dimes , 1 nickel, 9 pennies and 59 cans. B)

• Options

:o Your 'roadkill' is turning into a profit center.... :D Amazing, a pleasure walk and get paid for it... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Did some detecting before a walk and jog this afternoon. $7.24 and a dollar bill by some soccer fields and a swimming pool. Quarter, dime and a penny + 17 cans on the walk and jog

• Options

PPC, I think if you decided to MD and walk/jog all day every day... you could turn it into a profession... :D You do better than a lot of gold panners I know.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Got a shiny penny in a gas station parking lot. Gas stations are just about the only place I can reliably get "surface finds" :smile: