Home Metal Detecting
Options

Parking lot finds

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is 'crazy' and 'obsessed' the same mental condition ? :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterday was 2 quarters a nickel and 2 pennies

• Options
    slendaslenda Posts: 57 ✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    Is 'crazy' and 'obsessed' the same mental condition ? :smile:

No

• Options
    edited May 8, 2017 8:32PM

Slenda you are not the only one that digs coins out of the pavement. Chip and seal streets are bad for coins when it gets hot

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am in another dry spell.... nothing in parking lots, shopping aisles, coinstars or streets.... Dang people sure hold on to their coins around here..... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    bigzesteebigzestee Posts: 129 ✭✭✭

Got back from vacation and got a 1935 penny in gas station change.Then went to Walmart and checked the Coinstar reject coming in and found 18 cents.Checked again going out and got another 8 cents plus a 2016P uncirculated dime and a decent 1947 dime.

BST references several

• Options

A dime and a penny + 40 cans on this mornings walk.

• Options
    slendaslenda Posts: 57 ✭✭

@ricko said:
    I am in another dry spell.... nothing in parking lots, shopping aisles, coinstars or streets.... Dang people sure hold on to their coins around here..... ;) Cheers, RickO

Same here, Zero for the first time tonight, unless someone beat me to it. Found about 30¢ this afternoon at least.

• Options

No coins on the walk this morning but did find 39 cans and 10 CD's in a holder. Taylor Swift kinda stuff so that will go in the garage sale. Later stopped by the park to do a little detecting. First thing I found was a dollar bill by wind blown trash. Then the mowed up $20. Looked and looked but couldn't find the rest while detecting. Finally put the detector away and walked all of the fence lines but no luck except for 4 baseballs

• Options

Well, with the $20, since the SN is all there... I think the bank will exchange it... been a long time since I read about this, might have to send it to the Feds.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

I thought it had to be 51% of the bill but I don't know for sure. Todays walk was 2 pennies and 53 cans. Stopped to get gas and found a dime. Stopped at McDonalds and found a quarter.

• Options

It would make sense to have more than 50%, otherwise you could redeem two 49% bills and double your money. :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options

Found this from
    BUREAU OF ENGRAVING AND PRINTING
    U.S. Department of the Treasury

https://moneyfactory.gov/services/currencyredemption.html

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Found a can of white spray paint along a street adjacent to mine. Must have fallen off a truck. PPC: no tools, though :smile:

• Options

Thanks for the info 1630Boston I may just have to mail this piece to them. It might be worth a stamp. 2 dimes, 2 pennies , 27 cans and a baseball for this morning. I reserve the right to find more later ;)

• Options

PPC... with your luck I am surprised it was not a Derek Jeter autographed baseball.... :D:D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

a wrench and some dimes. nothing fancy. it was quite wrenching xd

• Options

Got a nice pile from a CoinStar, about two bucks in clad and a UK coin. No silver, though. I'm guessing the interior bin was full.

• Options

Wow....nice haul.... I have only found two cents in the local coinstar about a week ago.... check it each visit... Cheers, RickO

• Options

My coin finds have slowed down a bit. Sunday morning walk through the HS parking lot yielded 1 penny and 4 tennis balls. This morning stopped by the bank before walking and found a quarter, 2 dimes and a nickel in the counting machine and then 63 cans on the walk.

WhiteTornado - nice finds at the Coinstar B)

• Options

That is a lot of cans PPC.... How long a walk was that?? In this area, not only are coin finds rare... but I also rarely see cans. Once in a while, such as after a holiday weekend, I will see one or two (late night celebrations) lying in the road. Cheers, RickO

• Options

RickO I found the 63 cans in an hour walk in town. (a lot of people around here are to lazy to recycle as well as to pick up loose change.) This morning I walked 4 miles along the shoulder of a highway and found 2 pennies and 22 cans.

• Options

PPC... that is surprising.... I could go out my front door now and walk the entire village... would likely take me two hours, and if I found two cans I would be surprised.... might find some cents though around the school... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Found a quarter while out biking on Sunday morning. It was a little bit roughed up on one end, and it had a couple of bits of tar attached. I think that section of road was recently repaved.

• Options
  • Options

Three parking lots, four stores and one coinstar......Nothing.... :'( Cheers, RickO

• Options

Dime 5 pennies and 24 cans and a foot of copper tubing

• Options
    edited June 1, 2017 6:03AM

Congratulations on the copper tubing... a unique find. I do not remember if I posted my dime and four cents find in the coinstar a day ago... See, PPC still beat me out... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

Cents count. Beat you by a penny.

• Options

PPC.... you have me beat by about 10,000 or more pennies..... No way can I compete with your finds... :) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 7, 2017 12:33PM

Well, I hope this works, found at the beach while detecting:

nope, it doesn't work, how do you post from Photobucket?

ah, got it.

photo IMG_0992_zpsmvhrrtto.jpg

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options

same beach different day:

photo IMG_0975_zpsmfsfdtpt.jpg

That is 2 $20's.

then, tossing out the trash I found in the garbage bag:

photo IMG_0976_zpswr3wqbac.jpg

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options

Parking lot:

photo IMG_0997_zpsdts2moob.jpg

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options

While metal detecting, a different beach:

photo IMG_0777_zps8krpurkn.jpg

then:

photo IMG_0776_zpstikwlvt8.jpg

then:

photo IMG_0992_zpsmvhrrtto.jpg

Funny part of it was that the kids cleaning the trash from the beach had just walked by minutes before.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options

Total parking lot finds for about 2+ months:

25 quarters
    27 dimes
    17 nickels
    167 cents

plus a couple of wheaties.

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options

@Treashunt .... Holey Moley.... Those are fantastic bill finds....Hope you find many more....Cheers, RickO

• Options

Thanks, @ricko

I try, I try.

:D

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    edited June 26, 2017 3:31AM

One of the guys that I know was out detecting and went over to a fence to,... well, relieve himself.

He looked down and saw a $20, then another, then another, then some over the fence.

In the end he had $200.

Far better than I ever did

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options

Double wowzer..... That is amazing... some mini-drug dealer probably lost a grip on his wad..... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Was that a late night party beach? Wonder what kind of jewelry might be under that sand

• Options

Yep.... That indicates potential for sure.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭

I can't remember the last time I found a paper bill on the ground. You guys make it look easy!

• Options

Found a small bunch of South Korean 1 Won coins in a Coinstar recently. They were so light, about 6-7 coins felt about the same weight as 2 U.S. nickels.

• Options

Jackpot at the coinstar today..... $2.27....seven quarters (one Canadian) four dimes, one nickel. one Spanish pesta 1947, one 10 Euro cent piece... the rest cents.... in there was one 1943S steel penny, one 1918 wheatie and a 1937 wheatie.... Not bad... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Worth the wait to find a Coinstar like that.

• Options

@ricko
    Seems probable that more than one person left coins there. :smile:
    Congrats, your dry streak seems to be over.

• Options

Yep... could be more than one..... so far, that is the most I have found in that machine (or any machine)...Last largest was (I think) $1.97...I would rather find an IHC or a silver dime though.... :) Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko , I'm with you. Anytime I have found free silver in the CoinStar it has brightened my outlook B)

• Options

Little slow reporting here. Monday I did find a nickel at the has station a quarter at the car wash and another quarter in front of the concession stand. Cashed in 9 weeks of cans on Wednesday. 56 pounds and got $23.20 for them. Plus 10 pounds of lead wheel weights for another $3. All this from walking. I'll be trading this for silver when I make it to the coin shop. I guess you could say I had some good silver walks :wink:

• Options

That is great PPC.... aluminum and lead converted to silver.... You are a master alchemist.... :D Cheers, RickO