Home Metal Detecting
Options

Parking lot finds

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not found anything lately... barren lots, barren coinstar.... getting so bad, I was tempted to throw a coin or two into the parking lot....image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    FINALLY!!!!!! Found coins in the "coinstar". $2.57!!!!! Quite a handful! 5 quarters + and 1 Canadian dime! These were all nice coins and I'm wondering why the machine rejects them. Usually when I turn in my coins from digging, the reject bin only gets the really ugly coins that just don't clean up well when washed in the tumbler. But these were all nice coins. Coins that were not out of the ground. Seems I get more dug coins from cashiers every day. Lots of diggers out there!!
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Nice job Rocketman! I have also seen perfectly good-looking clad in the reject bin. It could be the interior collection box was full.
  • Options
    Nice job Rocketman! I have also seen perfectly good-looking clad in the reject bin. It could be the interior collection box was full.
  • Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 888 ✭✭✭✭
    found a dime in the parking lot of the corner store.
    Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 quarter, 2 dimes, 5 pennies and 33 cans on a warm morning walk. And nice Coinstar finds by Rocketman. image
  • Options
    Just missed the Coinstar haul yesterday... was heading for the machine for my daily peek, and I saw a woman bend down and scoop out some change... no idea what or how much...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    2 dimes, 3 nickels, 6 pennies and 26 cans. Yesterday 1 penny and 51 cans.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    There was a penny on the floor at Walmart the other day. Unfortunately I didn't pick it up.
  • Options
    The coins have been pretty slow lately. Couple of pennies and dimes here and there. I did get to walk my favorite High School parking lot tonight and found a quarter, dime, nickel and 9 pennies.
  • Options
    Found a nickel a few days back while out with my daughter, so I gave it to her. In the locker room of the gym at my work, someone left a short stack of about a dozen pennies on a shelf. I was happy to transfer them to my backpack image.
  • Options
    I was in Arizona the past twelve days.... did not find anything in the parking lots...did not see a coinstar.....will have to get out this week and find some coins. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Quarter dime nickel 4 pennies and 47 cans yesterday. A nickel and a penny today.
  • Options
    Heading out shopping in a few minutes... stay tuned for the exciting parking lot and coinstar results...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Back to the high school parking lot. 2 quarters, 3 dimes, 1 nickel, 5 pennies and 1 pizza game token.
  • Options
    Dang PPC..... I am going to walk the High School lot this weekend...no luck at the supermarket or the mall....never tried the school before, but with your finds, it could be a gold mine...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    2 nickels, 3 pennies and 51 cans this morning. Ricko if you walk a HS parking lot walk into the sun the coins show up a lot better and if there is a fence around it look for bills there. image Especially after a big football game.
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips PPC.... will be going today... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Well....not as good as PPC... but two quarters, three cents and one thin dime....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    It's been bleak for me as far as eyeball finds. Haven't had the chance to check any Coinstars and nothing at all on the plain, old ground. Going out with the metal detector tomorrow.
  • Options
    luckybucksluckybucks Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭
    Good luck, may silver come your way.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Normally go for a walk three time a week down town Stewart off the boardwalk.
    Try to get in a few miles and keep myself off the PC. I was headed towards my favorite
    Pub and all hell broke loose, never seen rain come down so heavy for a short period of time.

Ducking in and out of the awnings to stay some what dry I spotted what looked like a 5 dollar

bill rolled up.Picked it up and continued to the pub .When I got there I had to see what I found

turned out to be 2 fifties and two one hundred dollar bills. Still don't believe it.

Really enjoyed lunchimage
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow sure beats a few bottle caps doesn't it?
  • Options
    Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner. image
  • Options
    Wow Grip.... amazing find.... Congratulations on the eyeball find of the year....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Jackpot at the Coinstar today.... $1.40 Canadian and $1.86 U.S., No silver though....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    My finds have slowed down since the start of Walnut season but I've found 16 pennies and 1 nickel while hunting those nuts. image The finds have been in driveways and along the streets where the nuts fall.
  • Options
    Wow... did not realize you were harvesting walnuts in that manner... for some reason I thought you had a grove or a woodland site.... Hope you have a super season... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Found a penny sticking out of the dirt along an old driveway while picking up walnuts yesterday. Cleaned it up a little and it was a 1914-P. Would have really made my day if it was a "D" image
  • Options
    Thought of you yesterday...was coming back from Catskill (city) and along the highway was an area that the side was just covered in walnuts... there were a couple of trees on the slope above...Cheers, RickO
  • Options

Was driving by my favorite high school parking lot yesterday afternoon so I stopped and took a quick walk. 14 pennies and 4 dimes. One penny was a 1952 wheat. 76 buckets of walnuts on the truck and then to top it off I found two bales of straw along the highway. Tied those down on top of the nuts. :) Probably looked like Pa Kettle driving down the road.

• Options

:D When I read your post I thought of The Beverly Hillbillies.... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

Found a penny each in two different parking lots yesterday. Both of them were modern and pretty beat up.

• Options

My luck in parking lots has been zero lately.... really strange ...not even a cent. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coinstar find yesterday (by the 4-year-old daughter): 37 cents US (no silver) + 1 Mexican peso + 1 Canadian steel nickel + another clad quarter in the parking lot. First stuff we've found in about a month.

• Options

Coinstar has been empty lately... last week I did get 24 cents....no wheaties.... and one Afghan coin. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Found a penny each in two different parking lots yesterday. Both of them were modern and pretty beat up.

• Options

Found a dime and 3 pennies in a gravel driveway while picking up walnuts today. Walnut total was 702 pounds after hulling.

• Options

I found a dime on my front porch yesterday.. no idea where it came from. Parking lots have been devoid of coins lately... and coinstar empty..... lean period right now. Cheers, RickO

• Options

I found a 5 dollar bill on the blacktop at an elementary school on Saturday. Can't remember the last time I found paper money larger than a buck.

My few peeks at Coinstar bins over the past couple of weeks hasn't turned up a single thing.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found a twenty dollar bill in Dunkin Donuts parking lot 3 weeks ago, funny I rarely buy coffee at that establishment, maybe it is an omen of some sort.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

When you find paper money laying on the ground have you noticed that it just looks out of place and different?

• Options

Yes, and my instinct is to say "hey did anybody lose this", but then I know how many people would say 'yes, it's mine'. :neutral:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• Options

Both parking lots and the coinstar slot have been strangely barren the last couple of weeks..... time for a major find.... :) Cheers, RickO

• Options

dime, nickel, lincoln = 16 cents at the ATM ???? Not sure why :smile:

• Options

@pocketpiececommems said:
    When you find paper money laying on the ground have you noticed that it just looks out of place and different?

Yes! When I found the five-spot, it was folded over in half but not creased. I was sure a gust of wind was doing to fling it to the hinterlands any moment as I started approaching it :smile:

• Options

Funny story.... I was pulling into a shopping center parking lot (this was some years ago in WA state) and a $20 bill was blowing across the macadam..... I stopped the van and jumped out, snagged the bill... and as I was getting back to the van, a passing motorist yelled "Great catch".... :D ....Cheers, RickO

• Options

Great Catch ricko.........................and you don't here the word **macadam **much anymore. :+1:

• Options

@1630Boston...true... but we 'oldtimers' have a 'old' vocabulary.... :D Not many abbreviations.... we actually spell out the words.... :D Cheers, RickO

• Options

Macadam, tarmac, hot top, blacktop, tar.....
    anyway I found a dime while paving a road in Massachusetts today. :smile: