Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ike AX2 C&C Set - Who's In? - Order Number & Experience Discussion - Predictions

KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
Mintage Limit: None
Product Limit: 17,000
Household Order Limit: 2

I set my alarm to log in to the Mint site about a half hour before noon EDT. A nice exciting way to start a Tuesday. Gonna try for 1.

That funny guy on HSN predicted a 30 second sell-out based on how the Truman sets went. Neighbors complained about my yelling at the TV.

Comments

• Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    I really hope its not a 30 second sellout!
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I really hope its not a 30 second sellout! >>

I really, really doubt they can do 17K transactions/minute. I'm not sure even Amazon has that much throughput. It will be an interesting test for PFSWeb, though. With the reduced household limit, we'll probably see a lot more sock-puppet buyers.

In for my two. My OCD won't allow me not to have one in my C&Ch sets. (Ike is number 7 in the series.) For future reference, I'll also be in for the Kennedy and Johnson, and the quite expected Nixon, Ford and Reagan....)

I assume quality will be the same as Truman, so grading is out of the question, but it does irritate me that they lowered the household limit rather than increase the mintage like the Kennedy and probably the Johnson. (My guess is they already struck and were done with the Ike's, but still...)
  • Options
    I don't believe a 30 second sell out is possible, a 2 set limit or not. But I do expect a lot of interest partially because of the reverse proof dollar and ans partially because of the fast sell out of the Truman set. I'm guessing a sell out will happen but back order will be implimented the first day about an hour or so into the orders being taken.

Oh, the HSN guy is all hype, all the time, loose with the facts. Like a train wreck I can't look away.

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He probably meant 30 minutes, which is entirely within the realm of possibility...
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sales limit 17,000, and probably another unattractive reverse Proof with a "limited mintage."

Looks like the mint has found another way to get the lemmings to run off the cliff or at least to their site.

The once dead series, the Presidental Dollars, has sprung to life.

This so looks like the Post Office of the 1960s. Too much "collector stuff" which gluts the market after a while.

We all know what happened to the stamp hobby. image
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

<< <i>He probably meant 30 minutes, which is entirely within the realm of possibility... >>

Not possible, probable. image (I was told there would be no math here, but there you go...)

If we assume the average number of Truman sets per order was 4 (and I'd think higher), and the average number of orders for the Ike is 2 (and I'd think the average per order will be very close to 2), then simple math says half the number ordered will double the time, since each transaction takes the same amount of time, regardless of the number ordered.

If the Truman sold out it's 17K in 15 minutes, then the Ike certainly has the ability to sell out in 30. I think it's likely that with only 17K available, the proxy buyers of the HSN's and biggie-store-coin-marts will have a longer time for their flock to gather their orders, having the exact opposite effect that the Mint wanted by lowering the household limit to two.

Do I sound like I'm being sarcastic? I apologize... image
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in and my Dad will try. 30 min or less sell out I would guess. Good luck!!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I'm in this time. Wasn't in on the Truman's. I like Ike.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>He probably meant 30 minutes, which is entirely within the realm of possibility... >>

Not possible, probable. image (I was told there would be no math here, but there you go...)

If we assume the average number of Truman sets per order was 4 (and I'd think higher), and the average number of orders for the Ike is 2 (and I'd think the average per order will be very close to 2), then simple math says half the number ordered will double the time, since each transaction takes the same amount of time, regardless of the number ordered.

If the Truman sold out it's 17K in 15 minutes, then the Ike certainly has the ability to sell out in 30. I think it's likely that with only 17K available, the proxy buyers of the HSN's and biggie-store-coin-marts will have a longer time for their flock to gather their orders, having the exact opposite effect that the Mint wanted by lowering the household limit to two.

Do I sound like I'm being sarcastic? I apologize... image >>

One other factor to consider is that more people likely know that these are a sure bet than was the case w Truman so there may b more trying to buy.
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's start a contest...I pick 21 minutes and 17 seconds for the sell-out.
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Let's start a contest...I pick 21 minutes and 17 seconds for the sell-out. >>

What's the prize? image

I'm in at 27 min. 30 sec.
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    17 minutes
  • Options
    29 minutes and 58 seconds.
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    I predict a lot of packaging will be thrown away
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HSN has a ordering network of 8500 and will acquire them all.

EDIT:
    BST listings already up, one guy is selling 10 sets and doesn't even posses them yet.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in. These coins will go back-order in 6 minutes, will have over 10,000 orders in the first 10 minutes and will sell out in 15 (but will not be realized until mint releases numbers). Early orders will ship on the 12th and 13th, very few will have coins in hand Friday with a good chunk early next week. eBay prices will have a huge spike with early in-hands, followed by a 20% crash in price in the first week they hit. The first PR70 will sell for $2,500+ and many, MANY, will complain about how the order limit should have only been 1.

If i'm correct on any of this, i'll be shocked.
  • Options

As unbelievable as it might be he went to the wall with hype ans actually said 30 seconds. The co-host questioned that and he repeated 30 seconds. This started my third yelling bout at the TV.

My entry is 25 minutes to back order

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>sales limit 17,000, and probably another unattractive reverse Proof with a "limited mintage."

Looks like the mint has found another way to get the lemmings to run off the cliff or at least to their site.

The once dead series, the Presidental Dollars, has sprung to life.

This so looks like the Post Office of the 1960s. Too much "collector stuff" which gluts the market after a while.

We all know what happened to the stamp hobby. image >>

Interesting analysis, although I do not collect them, lets get some facts. Over 1 million+ pres. $1 coins in rolls or bags have been sold for each president since it's conception. Sounds to me that there is demand. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and some of our so called classic coins are left wanting.
    Truman sets have tripled in value since their release. What the Mint produces are a direct result of what the majority of "modern coin" collectors want. Classic coin collectors, as a whole, do not buy modern mint products, except to make a fast buck.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    In and out .......already presold the sets
  • Options
    Incredible that they didn't increase the mintage.
  • Options
    You presell you're obligated to sell those sets even if your computer goes down, Internet goes down. You'll be buying from us to make good. I wouldn't sell until I have confirmation. I think these will go to $200. Buyers were offering 80 bucks to start on the Trumans and ended up having to double that to get the quantity they wanted. The frenzy will start tomorrow. Crazy to lock in any sooner.
  • Options
    I dunno. I'll have to get up early.
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Im guessing 8 minutes 11 seconds.

Good luck everyone!
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the difference between the "Mintage Limit" of "none", and their "product limit" of 17,000? What does that doubletalk mean? image
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What is the difference between the "Mintage Limit" of "none", and their "product limit" of 17,000? What does that doubletalk mean? image >>

Exactly. I know this has been answered before on other products, but I believe the product is the packaging while the mintage refers to the coin (and medal?). So it seems they are packaging only 17,000 sets, ergo only 17k of the dollars and medals. But it implies that the Mint can crank out more coins or medals as they stipulated "unlimited mintage".

Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    Medals maybe (but why?)...the coins have documented an "only available in this set" thing...

..and I will be the outlier here predicting well over an hour for "currently unavailable"..."backorder" says zip about sellout

Note: I was WAAAAAY off predicting the Truman "currently unavailable"
  • Options
    "Currently unavailable" will occur at 12:25pm ET. image
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    12:13
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Currently unavailable" will occur at 12:25pm ET. image >>

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Incredible that they didn't increase the mintage. >>

That is WHY these set are so cool.

Increase the mintage and you have a dog.
  • Options
    kookoox10kookoox10 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
    Anyone have the order screen crash or freeze on them on the Truman release? There will probably be a higher volume on this release.
  • Options
    What are you guys choosing for shipping?
  • Options
    What are you guys choosing for shipping?
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 minutes
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What are you guys choosing for shipping? >>

Standard shipping here. $4.95.
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    Is it two sets per billing address?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>What are you guys choosing for shipping? >>

Standard shipping here. $4.95. >>

Same here. I'm assuming the quality of the coins will be as good as the Truman (mine sucked), so not even considering grading, and am in no hurry to get 'em.

Oh, that means smartpost. Ugh.
  • Options
    Done!

USM03440xxx

Edited to add: Credit card already pinged... Maybe these will ship today. image
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,980 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 sets
    order # USM03442xxx
    12:03
    Kind of a pain in the arse..........
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    2 sets USM03442
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    drkilmerdrkilmer Posts: 166 ✭✭
    Got my two after a couple of glitches. 3441xxx 12:02
  • Options
    USM034434xx

Crashy like the old days...page unavailable repeatedly...at least I got my one at 4:30 after noon

• Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>2 sets
    order # USM03442xxx
    12:03
    Kind of a pain in the arse.......... >>

Agreed had to reload and open a new window several times.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely painful but I made it.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    Al21Al21 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    in, 2 sets
    Quick and easy
    usmo344...

Successful BST transactions with WTCG, NH48400, evil empire,
    meltdown, timrutnat, bumanchu, 2ndCharter, rpw, AgBlox, indiananationals, yellowkid, RGJohn, fishteeth, rkfish, Ponyexpress8, kalshacon, Tdec1000, Coinlieutenant, SamByrd, Coppercolor
  • Options
    Adding to the cart at 9:00 AM PST was easy

Checking out, not so much.

But 4 minutes later I got 3443
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crash, cCRASH, CRASH, CRASH, FINALLY AN ORDEER NUMBER
  • Options
    12:04 2 sets 03442***
    12:07 2 sets 03447***
  • Options
    rajaraja Posts: 65 ✭✭
    So many crashes - but made it at 12:06ET
    order# USM03445xxx
    Colonials and Post-Colonials
  • Options
    Jackthecat1Jackthecat1 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭
    What a pain! Finally did it, though- USM03448XXX.
    Member ANS, ANA, GSNA, TNC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file