Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ike AX2 C&C Set - Who's In? - Order Number & Experience Discussion - Predictions

Comments

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earliest order number: 03440xxx
    Latest order number: 03460xxx

Any earlier or later?
  • Options
    chiefbobchiefbob Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Totally FUBAR! It kicked me out at least 6 times, I had to reenter my cc information each time, now I've got the confirm order and submit page and when I click on Place Order, nothing happens. Everything is filled out correctly.
    A freaking waste of time...[/

That's why you keep a card on file with them, then you only need to enter the three digits on the back of the card. Or go in early enter the info then once it ships take it back off the site. >>

I've been a customer for years and all the info is on file with them.

I do have a card on file. I only had to click on the card and shipping boxes for the pre-filled info to come up. Then I entered the 3 digits, clicked on continue, and then got a message that the card was invalid - try another card. FUBAR
    At one point I had everything filled out and only had to click on the confirm order button. When I did, a red message came up that said I had to agree with the TOS. Funny thing, the paragraph above it said by clicking on the confirmation that I opted in to the TOS. At that point the page was frozen and I couldn't do anything about it.

Retired Air Force 1965-2000
    Vietnam Vet 1968-1969
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"Sold out within 8 minutes.
    Prediction: NUCLEAR HOT"

Kevin: A month or two from now (when all eyes are on L. Johnson), won't the Eisenhower be worth just about the same price as the Truman (whatever that price is) with their similar 17,000 mintages? Thoughts?

Wondercoin >>

Mitch I somewhat disagree. Truman had HH limits of 5 vs 2 on the Eisenhower. It will be harder for dealers to build inventory and submit for those hard to find 70s. If the % to get 70 is higher than the 4% 70 grade rate then prices will come in lower. If the same 4% grade rate, I think Eisenhowers will command more of a premium.

I also think Johnson mintage limit will increase to 25k. Just my guess though.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    Also to note for anyone that cares...

My CC got ping'd with fraud on Friday and I had to cancel the card. I put an order through today using my debit card that also shows as a Visa. I didnt think it would work but the mint accepted it and the charge has already hit my bank. Shocked it worked but it does for anyone that might not have a CC or issues with their CC.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options

<< <i>I also think Johnson mintage limit will increase to 25k. Just my guess though. >>

They doubled the Kennedy, they will probably double the Johnson.

I'd prefer 2.5x the Johnson, and raise household limits back to 5.
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got my order confirmation.... image
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should bring back the quick check out option. Less steps to get hung up on.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i> they will probably double the Johnson.

I'd prefer 2.5x the Johnson >>

LOLOL
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    ebayers are bumping their sets up to $400-$500 range. I looked this morning before they were on sale at the mint and most were in the $200 range. I think it may be a $500 set because of the quick sell out.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ebayers are bumping their sets up to $400-$500 range. I looked this morning before they were on sale at the mint and most were in the $200 range. I think it may be a $500 set because of the quick sell out. >>

Same type of thing happened with the previous set......pre-sell price was eclipsed once they sold out.

Heck, I wouldn't be too greedy. I would sell my 2 sets for $400 each image

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OperationButler .... I tend to agree with you, but I was not talking about the very short run. In the long run (and intermediate run), we now have (2) Pres $1 reverse proof coins with a 17,000 mintage for each. That will be "the story" down the road.

Does anyone remember the "wild" sellout of the Martha Washington Spouse Gold - 20,000 MS & 20,000 proof with a Household Limit of 1 each (now worth about melt)! Now, the Mint can not sell 2,000 coins of a spouse with no limit! LOL.

I do like to hear opposing viewpoints though. It will be interesting to see what Truman and Ike are worth by the time Johnson rolls around!

As always, just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mitch,

I see where you are coming from. Both are extended series that get "hot" at a point, and then peter out due to the length (imho).
    Both are in an area where, while new, there still aren't ardent collectors.

But, the Gold Spouse coins started at a time when gold was a lot less then where it is even now. I remember the MW Spouse coin as I was a buyer/seller of that one. However, there ended up being nothing special about it either.
    These, at least, have the RP finish, right? So, we shall see how long it takes for the mint to screw everyone on these, like they do most series where they change packaging/finishes/availability/numbers/etc, but for the nonce, I find it hard to compare to the MW gold coin.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ebayers are bumping their sets up to $400-$500 range. I looked this morning before they were on sale at the mint and most were in the $200 range. I think it may be a $500 set because of the quick sell out. >>

$500 dollars for that set??? It don't matter if it's Eisenhower or Truman, that's pure insanity. image

They issued 17,000 sets guys, not 170.

If you pay $500 for either of those sets, there is a 100% chance that you will lose within a year and never have a chance of getting it back unless our currency becomes like Zimbabwe

Here's a collection of genuine historical items.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> the end result I needed to remove the items in my bag. >>

Anyone who missed out DO NOT remove them from your bag if they come available again, its easier to complete an order than start anew

(l8-)>>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i> they will probably double the Johnson.

I'd prefer 2.5x the Johnson >>

LOLOL >>

Everytime I write "the Johnson", I wonder if it'd get censored... image

• Options

<< <i>OperationButler .... I tend to agree with you, but I was not talking about the very short run. In the long run (and intermediate run), we now have (2) Pres $1 reverse proof coins with a 17,000 mintage for each. That will be "the story" down the road.

Does anyone remember the "wild" sellout of the Martha Washington Spouse Gold - 20,000 MS & 20,000 proof with a Household Limit of 1 each (now worth about melt)! Now, the Mint can not sell 2,000 coins of a spouse with no limit! LOL.

I do like to hear opposing viewpoints though. It will be interesting to see what Truman and Ike are worth by the time Johnson rolls around!

As always, just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin >>

Long term you will most likely be proven right, once the dust settles. These are, however, a way different product that the First Spouses, but I do understand your point. I purely was talking about the short term, within the next 6 months. Will be fun to watch Mitch!

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice return on the Mint set today .. but beware .. same frenzy like in 2006 - 2007.... Bear market for stocks sitting around corner

Anyone else catch the irony of the ANA show starting today .. and instant sellout of the Ike CC.... just like the Kennedys of 2014
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mint News Blog Recap Of Today's Sell Out

Coverage with time stamped update messages from Mint Officials as to orders made and web congestion page fails. Claim sell out after 13 minutes.

Board posters here say they got "unavailable" as early as 8 minutes to 11 minutes and problems from the get go.
    "Any customer who may have normally entered the catalog site, which is any page that starts with catalog.usmint.gov, would not have experienced any issues."
    Really Adam Stump, Deputy Director at the Office of Communications? We would beg to differ.

Coinnews.net also has coverage of today's events.

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i> "Any customer who may have normally entered the catalog site, which is any page that starts with catalog.usmint.gov, would not have experienced any issues. >>

Really????

I like this flow of explanations from the Mint...

<< <i>"A total of 16,820 sets were sold in approximately 15 minutes," >>

but (from the same response):

<< <i>"The main United States Mint web page, www.usmint.gov, was down from 12:04 p.m. to 12:21 p.m. due to an issue with a computer application unrelated to the launch of the 2015 Coin & Chronicles Set – Dwight D. Eisenhower. This application issue did not have an effect on any catalog pages, including the web page for the 2015 Coin & Chronicles Set – Dwight D. Eisenhower. Customers were still able to order the 2015 Coin & Chronicles Set – Dwight D. Eisenhower, which became Unavailable at 12:16 p.m., >>

Sooo...the website went down at 1204p....it was "unavailable" at 1216p...

Sooo..if you (I) had a "lost connection" or "unable to load" after 1204pm you (I) were toast because the website was down (but the Ike page was up...but you (I) couldn't get to it)

Makes sense....

I should add that 1216p is BS...it was toast before 1210p....
  • Options
    Ship confirmation received.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ship confirmation received. >>

That is super fast

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent on hour on the FN phone, nothing, nada.

EDIT: Hope they release 50k tomorrow!
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sooo..if you (I) had a "lost connection" or "unable to load" after 1204pm you (I) were toast because the website was down (but the Ike page was up...but you (I) couldn't get to it) >>

Yes, you could get to it. I had sent a link to the Ike page to a friend yesterday. When I got shut out today, and after a couple of unsuccessful attempts to get back in through the front door, I remembered the email I sent to my friend. I went to my email "Sent" folder, found the email and clicked on the link. It brought me right to the Ike page. I put a couple in the bag, logged in and eventually completed the order.

Edit: My friend had no success ordering. He got hung up on the "Review Order"step and by the time the screen returned, Ike was dark.
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> "Any customer who may have normally entered the catalog site, which is any page that starts with catalog.usmint.gov, would not have experienced any issues. >>

Really????

I like this flow of explanations from the Mint...

<< <i>"A total of 16,820 sets were sold in approximately 15 minutes," >>

but (from the same response):

<< <i>"The main United States Mint web page, www.usmint.gov, was down from 12:04 p.m. to 12:21 p.m. due to an issue with a computer application unrelated to the launch of the 2015 Coin & Chronicles Set – Dwight D. Eisenhower. This application issue did not have an effect on any catalog pages, including the web page for the 2015 Coin & Chronicles Set – Dwight D. Eisenhower. Customers were still able to order the 2015 Coin & Chronicles Set – Dwight D. Eisenhower, which became Unavailable at 12:16 p.m., >>

Sooo...the website went down at 1204p....it was "unavailable" at 1216p...

Sooo..if you (I) had a "lost connection" or "unable to load" after 1204pm you (I) were toast because the website was down (but the Ike page was up...but you (I) couldn't get to it)

Makes sense....

I should add that 1216p is BS...it was toast before 1210p.... >>

Interesting.

I initially went in on Firefox, but kept getting some message indicating the service was unavailable (I don't recall the message, but I was irritated).
    At any rate, I started a session on Chrome and went in pretty quick. Got through the order process and checked out in about 2 minutes at that point.
    I was out my 9:07AM pacific time.

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ship confirmation received. >>

Did you go with DumbPost?
  • Options
    That's what happened on my IE! Switched to FF and it was a tad easier
  • Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel so left out, yet strangely ok with it.
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess my mail order won't make in on time then.

It'll get hung up in the 1960's smoewhere. image
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Totally FUBAR! It kicked me out at least 6 times, I had to reenter my cc information each time, now I've got the confirm order and submit page and when I click on Place Order, nothing happens. Everything is filled out correctly.
    A freaking waste of time...[/

That's why you keep a card on file with them, then you only need to enter the three digits on the back of the card. Or go in early enter the info then once it ships take it back off the site. >>

My card was on file but did not populate at all this time.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I got two sets. Check out was A MESS! Got hung up on order confirmation step. Could not confirm details and check out. Got hung up many times. SO maddening. Finally got it on my phone.

My father could not get past order confirmation. When he did sold out.

My buddy same thing trying to order for himself.

I wonder if the Mint will actually increase mintage over 17K for the next two.

Order number 03448xxx

What a mess for the "New Order Management System" >>

Why do you want them to increase the mintage?? You wouldn't be buying if there was a higher limit. Nobody would want these.
    Yes this order process almost gave me a heart attack, but that's what makes it fun and we had 11 minutes to get them. If you were on at 9am one should have been had no problem. >>

Clearly a lot of people were on at noon exactly and had big problems.
  • Options
    My order process went OK. I ordered 1 for my collection & then ordered another one to sell. The first went smooth. The second one I had a lot of trouble with. It kept kicking me out & I had 3 in my basket. It was slow to get the extra 2 out of my basket, but finally did. The order went through for one. So two in total. One other thing is my spouse had a procedure @ the hospital & I used my Note 3 smart phone to place the orders. My order #s are USM0344xxxx ,& USM0344xxxx
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,980 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My order process went OK. I ordered 1 for my collection & then ordered another one to sell. The first went smooth. The second one I had a lot of trouble with. It kept kicking me out & I had 3 in my basket. It was slow to get the extra 2 out of my basket, but finally did. The order went through for one. So two in total. One other thing is my spouse had a procedure @ the hospital & I used my Note 3 smart phone to place the orders. My order #s are USM0344xxxx ,& USM0344xxxx >>

ikew, your first post and your ordering procedures of Ike C&C's is quite interesting. Welcome aboard.....image
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭

The flippers don't want to be flipped on image
  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife and I were both logged onto the IKE page before 9:00PST hit refresh at 9 and my wife never saw anything but errors for 10 minutes on the ipad. I eventually got my pc to complete my order of 2.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That's what happened on my IE! Switched to FF and it was a tad easier >>

I flew right through on Safari.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>That's what happened on my IE! Switched to FF and it was a tad easier >>

I flew right through on Safari. >>

Booted out many times on Chrome.

Do any computer folks think that the browser made any difference?
  • Options

<< <i>Do any computer folks think that the browser made any difference? >>

No. This was purely a traffic problem. Depending on your browser, there could have been some indistinguishable differences in the time it took to paint your page after the info returned from the mint, but the problem was getting the data to and from the mint. In my experience, the logjam happens when the mint's servers try to return data (i.e. the next page, etc). When it hangs like this I open another browser window and open up the mint website. Often it will show that my prior step was completed - i.e. my bag is filled, or take me to the next step, or confirm that my order was completed. It beats sitting there watching the hourglass spin...
  • Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    On sale again my friends. Just ordered the two I could not get yesterday at noon. Go get 'em!!
    Order Number: USM03463XXX
  • Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Yes! Me, too!!!!

But I had pre-sold mine, now glad to live up to that commitment.

Will PM you next, Coinfame!
  • Options
    I got them in my bag, but by the time I got to the final step, they were gone. Couldn't have been many. I've been refreshing that page every couple minutes since 4:00 (7:00 ET)
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curses! Foiled again! Had 'em in my cart this morning and the &$(^#$@ system froze up! The only thing that worked right was the "remove from bag". image

Moving on.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Opened @ 630a, wanted CC security code, by the time I returned and entered the CC SC @ 633a, no longer available. Oh well.
  • Options
    cecropiamothcecropiamoth Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too was able to place an order for my two (2) sets.

I was up and refreshing from 6:10 CT steady.

Came available right at 6:30 CT, USM0463XXX.

Couldn't have been many, went to look after I was done and it was again no longer available.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    nice......i think they are going thru the orders to determine HH violations, or CC issues, then offering remaining sets
  • Options
    Got my two sets this AM image

They were gone in a minute....

Edited to add: shipping info email followed in less than 10 minutes
  • Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Confirmation email just received. I usually sleep in on my day off, but I had to take a shot after being made aware that a few might go back on sale today around 7:30. To whomever made me aware, thank you!
  • Options
    Good work! Sleep is way overrated image
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    My daughter got her two sets this morning, at 730am, apparently that is the time of preference for our friends at the US Mint

If you didnt get any, I would check tomorrow as well, same time. They did the same for the Truman set.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Probably more like 30 seconds. Either a lot of people were accessing the product page because it was extremely slow to refresh or that is when the U.S Mint made them available. Either way the slowness of refreshing the page is an indication that they are about to go on sale again.
  • Options
    I missed out this morning also, got all the way to the final review where you are to hit the hidden terms box and as I went to hit the box my screen shifted and I accidently hit the hyperlink to the terms. LOL by the time I got back to hit it right they were gone again. Kris
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file