Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ike AX2 C&C Set - Who's In? - Order Number & Experience Discussion - Predictions

Comments

• Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Had to have been 2 or 4 sets total. That was fast
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone get through? My father was on and tried the second they were up and no luck.

It also seem to not remember cc details which are supposed to be saved. Has anyone noticed this?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow that wasn't even 30 seconds. >>

I counted about 15 seconds. I had 2 in my bag overnight. When they went green I hit checkout, filled in the 3-digit security code for my CC, checked the box and submitted. None left.
  • Options

<< <i>Did anyone get through? My father was on and tried the second they were up and no luck.

It also seem to not remember cc details which are supposed to be saved. Has anyone noticed this? >>

I got through. USM034648xx.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Got through today, had it in cart, but same CC CVC code issue AGAIN.
    They have to fix this sh&t
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I counted about 15 seconds. I had 2 in my bag overnight. When they went green I hit checkout, filled in the 3-digit security code for my CC, checked the box and submitted. None left. >>

Same here...already in cart...available...hit button...gone...no deal
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Did anyone get through? My father was on and tried the second they were up and no luck.

It also seem to not remember cc details which are supposed to be saved. Has anyone noticed this? >>

I got through. USM034648xx

Its the order in which you try to access the information to get it to load the first time is the trick... >>

Congrats.

Amazing.

Can you please clarify that?
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I counted about 15 seconds. I had 2 in my bag overnight. When they went green I hit checkout, filled in the 3-digit security code for my CC, checked the box and submitted. None left. >>

Same here...already in cart...available...hit button...gone...no deal >>

Same here....exactly as above
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't seem to have any trouble ordering their $1,490 coins, but this one is pure bs.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i> got through. USM034648xx Its the order in which you try to access the information to get it to load the first time is the trick >>

Please clarify? Dont think there is a trick, pure luck.
  • Options
    same here, had everything setup, the whole process took me about 15 to 20 seconds. Hit the submit order button, then not available. This just makes me stay off this modern crap, it's not the money, it's the fact that you have to pay 300 to 400 percent for the same coin if you want to buy it in the aftermarket. For what? The reason I got into this hobby in the first place is the art, the hunt, and getting the best deal I can get. it's now become fighting over the bargain bin for the scraps.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Everybody here is just waiting with their guns all loaded for a few sets to appear and when they pull the trigger the gun misfires.

There are probably thousands of buyers just waiting for 7:30 to happen every day, for a few more days, before they relent and pay the price on ebay.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> got through. USM034648xx Its the order in which you try to access the information to get it to load the first time is the trick >>

Please clarify? Dont think there is a trick, pure luck. >>

Hmm I must be wrong then. Sorry for the confusion

• Options

<< <i>Its the order in which you try to access the information to get it to load the first time is the trick... >>

Baloney. It's the speed of your connection, how fast you can fill out the infernal form and good luck, that's all. Several of us had our bags filled and ready. We're not novices. But when they go dark after only 15 seconds or so it all boils down to luck...
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    same here, had everything setup, the whole process took me about 15 to 20 seconds. Hit the submit order button, then not available. This just makes me stay off this modern crap, it's not the money, it's the fact that you have to pay 300 to 400 percent for the same coin if you want to buy it in the aftermarket. For what? The reason I got into this hobby in the first place is the art, the hunt, and getting the best deal I can get. it's now become fighting over the bargain bin for the scraps.

Exactly Right! Great observation, good first post, and welcome!
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Bags are filled for many of us for tomorrow morning at 730am. Probably for just a few sets.

I suppose that each day we will see less and less.

Truman issue went on for a while. I know someone who got 5 sets after the first weekend passed (beyond issue).
  • Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Please clarify? Dont think there is a trick, pure luck. >>

Hmm I must be wrong then. Sorry for the confusion >>

@OperationButter - Congratulations for getting your order through successfully. No one else that I knew was successful at getting through the order completion process.
  • Options
    I think we were all close, at point of confirming order, then getting pushed out.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    My coin sets have made it all the way to Southaven Ms so far before the pony had to eat and rest. Not due to arrive in Albuquerque until next Wednesday and its only a few states away.
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mint elves were working late...

>Date/Time.....Activity...............................Location
    >8/13/2015 - Thursday
    >3:54 am Departed FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST SOUTHAVEN, MS
    >
    >1:18 am Arrived at FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST SOUTHAVEN, MS
    >
    >8/11/2015 - Tuesday
    >7:00 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

So the info was sent to FedEx at 7pm on order day, but didn't get boxed up and shipped until yesterday.

It arrived in Southaven at 1am? Then on a truck at 4am?

Oh well. It's on its way...
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The mint elves were working late...

>Date/Time.....Activity...............................Location
    >8/13/2015 - Thursday
    >3:54 am Departed FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST SOUTHAVEN, MS
    >
    >1:18 am Arrived at FedEx location FEDEX SMARTPOST SOUTHAVEN, MS
    >
    >8/11/2015 - Tuesday
    >7:00 pm Shipment information sent to FedEx

So the info was sent to FedEx at 7pm on order day, but didn't get boxed up and shipped until yesterday.

It arrived in Southaven at 1am? Then on a truck at 4am?

Oh well. It's on its way... >>

Mine was just a few minutes different than yours. Expected delivery is 8.18.15. I just got the standard $4.95 shipping option.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Its the order in which you try to access the information to get it to load the first time is the trick... >>

Baloney. It's the speed of your connection, how fast you can fill out the infernal form and good luck, that's all. Several of us had our bags filled and ready. We're not novices. But when they go dark after only 15 seconds or so it all boils down to luck... >>

I had it hang up several times and just when I was ready to try another browser, it came back.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>Bags are filled for many of us for tomorrow morning at 730am. Probably for just a few sets.

I suppose that each day we will see less and less.

Truman issue went on for a while. I know someone who got 5 sets after the first weekend passed (beyond issue). >>

Yes, but Truman was a bit under the radar for flippers. The word is out. Ike = $$.
  • Options
    Sounds like almost everyone who tried yesterday morning was successful. Is this correct? Looks like first day post release is the best shot for those who get shut out.
  • Options

<< <i>Sounds like almost everyone who tried yesterday morning was successful. Is this correct? >>

No, there were many of us who got shut out yesterday. Check back in this thread for details...
  • Options

<< <i>Sounds like almost everyone who tried yesterday morning was successful. Is this correct? Looks like first day post release is the best shot for those who get shut out. >>

Not really, I've been trying for 3 days now and still without a single one. I have them in my bag but as someone else posted, it's really just boils down to luck. I'll keep on trying though, but I may end up having to buy one at the inflated price to get one for my collection. Good luck to anyone else that gets them on these extra days, wish me luck. Kris.
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭
    As others have mentioned, for those lucky enough to get confirmed orders...they're shipping fast. My 2 sets have been packaged & shipped. Expected delivery is Monday since delivery is to a work address that is closed on weekends.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    Was fortunate enough to grab an order of 2 this morning at 7:30:00. In and out in under 20 seconds max.
    Was definitely an advantage to already have had 2 in the cart... they were left there from a failed order at 12:15 on Tuesday. I didn't have to go to be on the product page, load them, wait for the next page.
    That way the whole deal took maybe two or three clicks and probably only one page transfer.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    I refreshed the Mint's webpage on my phone this morning every 5 to 10 minutes starting at about 6:30 to 9:00 to see if any became available. No dice. Luck of the draw I guess.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My order #034471xx: In transit, Departed FedEx location - FEDEX SMARTPOST SOUTHAVEN, MS. Scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, 8/18/2015.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got in this morning and had everything done up to final checkout and product unavailable came up.

There was only about a minute of opportunity.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>Was fortunate enough to grab an order of 2 this morning at 7:30:00. In and out in under 20 seconds max.
    Was definitely an advantage to already have had 2 in the cart... they were left there from a failed order at 12:15 on Tuesday. I didn't have to go to be on the product page, load them, wait for the next page.
    That way the whole deal took maybe two or three clicks and probably only one page transfer. >>

Congrats. Many of us were on at 0730 exactly w no luck at all.
  • Options

<< <i>I got in this morning and had everything done up to final checkout and product unavailable came up.

There was only about a minute of opportunity. >>

I was locked and loaded, two in cart (Fathers account) on @ 0730 to the second very high speed internet and they were gone.
  • Options
    I feel your pain.
  • Options

<< <i>I feel your pain. >>

I wonder how many were sold this morning.

• Options
    Someone reported 8 available
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Was fortunate enough to grab an order of 2 this morning at 7:30:00. In and out in under 20 seconds max.
    That way the whole deal took maybe two or three clicks and probably only one page transfer. >>

Congrats. Many of us were on at 0730 exactly w no luck at all. >>

Thanks. Based on how fast it went down today, if by some chance there are any sets still left to order tomorrow morn., you might have no shot unless you already have some waiting in your cart. Might by worth a try just to test your dexterity though. lol
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    <<Update #1, 12:35 p.m.: Lateefah Simms of the U.S. Mint states that “a total of 16,820 (Eisenhower Coin & Chronicles) sets were sold in approximately 15 minutes.”>>

Which leaves 180 sets available on Wednesday, the 12th, plus the denied credit cards, duplicates, nonpayment, etc.

The squeeze is on to get these @ mint price as it cycles through to sellout.

I'm in the how fast is your ISP, how fast are you? crowd.

I've had one in the cart the last two days. That's all I need.

DENIED!

Maybe tomorrow. It's random luck based on infinity.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter how fast your internet is there are a thousand lurkers with the same fast internet.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>No matter how fast your internet is there are a thousand lurkers with the same fast internet. >>

Aint that the truth.
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No matter how fast your internet is there are a thousand lurkers with the same fast internet. >>

I'm sure there are lurkers with even faster connections domestically, than served up by my crappy connection options provided by Windstream.

Jeez, a guy in Singapore could probably buy this set, if desired, any time he wants within the window of opportunity, LOLOL
  • Options
    I was bummed on Tuesday when I couldn't even load a page, everything crashed after I clicked the order button. But I got very lucky Wednesday at 7:30 (4:30 am my time). Must have had perfect timing because my internet is slow. Just got my shipping info. Good luck to you all.

Hey, first post image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>"Sold out within 8 minutes.
    Prediction: NUCLEAR HOT"

Kevin: A month or two from now (when all eyes are on L. Johnson), won't the Eisenhower be worth just about the same price as the Truman (whatever that price is) with their similar 17,000 mintages? Thoughts?

Wondercoin >>

Mitch I somewhat disagree. Truman had HH limits of 5 vs 2 on the Eisenhower. It will be harder for dealers to build inventory and submit for those hard to find 70s. If the % to get 70 is higher than the 4% 70 grade rate then prices will come in lower. If the same 4% grade rate, I think Eisenhowers will command more of a premium.

I also think Johnson mintage limit will increase to 25k. Just my guess though. >>

I think I had a lucky guess lol Mint News

"The Mint also announced that it has upped the mintage limit for the 2015 Lyndon Johnson Coin & Chronicles Set to from 17,000 to 25,000 units, following news that its yet-to-be-released predecessor, the 2015 John F. Kennedy Coin and Chronicles Set, had also gotten a bump from 25,000 to 50,000 units. "

• Options
    Does anyone know if the fineness and metallic content of the medals are inscribed on the edges of the Presidential Silver Medals?
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any engraving on the edge of the Truman

• Options

<< <i>I don't see any engraving on the edge of the Truman >>

Thanks. No big deal I guess but being as they're struck on .999 fine ASE planchets I would be nice to see the weight/composition on the rims.
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was bummed on Tuesday when I couldn't even load a page, everything crashed after I clicked the order button. But I got very lucky Wednesday at 7:30 (4:30 am my time). Must have had perfect timing because my internet is slow. Just got my shipping info. Good luck to you all.

Hey, first post image >>

Ya done good, and welcome to the forum....image
  • Options
    Anyone get in this morning?

Order Number: USM03466***
  • Options
    I accidentally refreshed twice and watched it go from available to not available within 1 page refresh (under 1 second). Interesting...

• Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone get in this morning? >>

They were gone faster than I could put in the 3 digit security code.
    Zircon Cases - Protect Your Vintage Slabs www.ZirconCases.com
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file