Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ike AX2 C&C Set - Who's In? - Order Number & Experience Discussion - Predictions

Comments

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone get in this morning? >>

Not me - again.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope. I tried something different and it didn't work,either.
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one loaded in my cart from yesterday, kept refreshing and went to completed order page without me finishing checkout!

Maybe my last checkout was saved from yesterday???

I did check out this morning with order knowing it wasn't available, maybe that checkout saved?
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Did you end up with an order number? If so, congrats on hitting the mint lottery image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Got one
    USM03466***
  • Options
    Im going to say that the early morning sales are probably coming to an end for this series. It seems as though they have 1 or 2 orders available now. This was literally gone within under 1 second (the time it takes to load a page).

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    Yes I got one, Order Number: USM03466***
  • Options

<< <i>

They were gone faster than I could put in the 3 digit security code. >>

I had my 3 digit code on my clipboard for quick paste, faster than typing and hitting enter.
  • Options
    Thank you for placing your recent order on 08/14/15. This is a confirmation and summary of your order. Please retain this for your records.

Order Number: USM03466***
  • Options
    I got 1 set as well this morning, CC pinged already
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    None for me....got to the "accept terms box" and it wasn't there...always a bad sign
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Mine are now in Kansas city. Don't ask why they went all the way up there. I guess they don't like to drive on the straight route which is I40 ..this is the last time I use smartpost.I am changing it right now so I don't forget.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Order shipped email earlier this afternoon, but they pinged my card twice for the same purchase???? I doubled checked the mint's website in my order history and only the one order for two of the sets. >>

wait until after you get the sets .. then call The Mint >>

yeah that's what my plan is, as soon as they are at fed ex then I will give them a call. I noticed back a page, that it happened to another member here also. >>

Mine still shows two pending charges and have shipped.
    Joe >>

So that's three of us now, anyone else? >>

Per the Mint chat rep, my CC was only dinged once and the second charge was one of those verification thingies. It's still on my CC statement.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>Per the Mint chat rep, my CC was only dinged once and the second charge was one of those verification thingies. It's still on my CC statement. >>

And it will stay there forever, reducing your available credit. I'm still trying to get rid of my extra $1494.95 from the HR Liberty gold and it's two weeks old now.

Edit: after some chicken and egg arguments, I got my CC card people on the line with a mint CS rep and got the pending charge removed. Even though the mint was the entity that created the error, they wouldn't remove it without prompting from my CC folks.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not even try this morning, I would get to the same spot the three previous days;

I could not check the "confirm order" block.

Maybe next time.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    That is due to your internet browser IE not the mint, just fyi.

Try firefox, it works.

• Options

<< <i>That is due to your internet browser IE not the mint, just fyi >>

Ehhh, no it's not. I use Firefox and I have seen the Confirm Order box disappear many times when the system is under traffic pressure. Weird things happen, like the system choking on my name, saying I have an "invalid character", or that my billing address is incorrect.
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Ehhh, no it's not. I use Firefox and I have seen the Confirm Order box disappear many times when the system is under traffic pressure. Weird things happen, like the system choking on my name, saying I have an "invalid character", or that my billing address is incorrect. >>

How many of you clear cache and reboot (not restart the browser, but reboot the machine) before the sale starts?

I do some pretty memory intensive stuff, and once in a while I find some browser behavior alters until the machine is rebooted. Like buttons don't show up, and pop-up windows (that you want to see) won't.
  • Options
    Congrats to those who were successful today. I was in fast, cart loaded, no dice.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh definitely, when it is something like this or an item I am trying to snipe, power the computer all the way down or restart it to ensure that there is nothing (for the most part) in the cache. ...and this crap still happened X3.

I am not so sure about the IE11 incompatibility with the U.S. Mint Checkout. image

Although it might explain how I wound up each day with a bag with 2 items in it, but "not currently available" after all was said and done. image

This did not happen on preceding orders earlier this year, most recently with the FDR set, different location, same IE11. image
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

<< <i>

Ehhh, no it's not. I use Firefox and I have seen the Confirm Order box disappear many times when the system is under traffic pressure. Weird things happen, like the system choking on my name, saying I have an "invalid character", or that my billing address is incorrect. >>

This wasnt under system stress. But w/e you want to believe is fine with me.

• Options

<< <i>How many of you clear cache and reboot (not restart the browser, but reboot the machine) before the sale starts? >>

I start fresh (boot up) every morning around 4:00 PDT, so I don't think it is browser remnants. Furthermore, it has happened numerous times that on the next refresh, the checkbox magically re-appears. I firmly believe that the mint's system sends out erroneous packets when under duress.
  • Options

<< <i>This wasnt under system stress. But w/e you want to believe is fine with me. >>

No problem. I'll trust my 25+ years of software development experience and hundreds of mint ordering episodes.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

How many of you clear cache and reboot (not restart the browser, but reboot the machine) before the sale starts?

I do some pretty memory intensive stuff, and once in a while I find some browser behavior alters until the machine is rebooted. Like buttons don't show up, and pop-up windows (that you want to see) won't. >>

Cool tip. Thanks.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This wasnt under system stress. But w/e you want to believe is fine with me. >>

No problem. I'll trust my 25+ years of software development experience and hundreds of mint ordering episodes. >>

• Options

<< <i>I had one loaded in my cart from yesterday, kept refreshing and went to completed order page without me finishing checkout!

Maybe my last checkout was saved from yesterday???

I did check out this morning with order knowing it wasn't available, maybe that checkout saved? >>

When u say kept refreshing, refreshing what exactly?
  • Options
    kookoox10kookoox10 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
    Any leftovers for sale this morning or is that pretty much it?
  • Options
    Im guessing its pretty much it. Went to not available within 1 second.

• Options

<< <i>

When u say kept refreshing, refreshing what exactly? >>

The checkout page with your basket and ship info, etc.

Entered 3 digit code for each refresh.

Kept hitting F5 until window of opportunity opened at 7:30.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

This wasnt under system stress. But w/e you want to believe is fine with me. >>

The Mint site is probably optimized for IE.

Never got a cloudflare message offa it either.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    Will boxes of 2 sealed sets fit into a medium flat rate box?
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    dangitall.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    Interestingly this morning, I was able to execute and get confirmation for 1 set---just like the
    Other forum member was able to get one set.
    I'm wondering if any orders in checkout carts of 2 just won't execute, maybe because there are very
    Few left?
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    7over8 -

Did you have that 1 set in your cart already or did you have to load it in there?

I was on the product page hitting refresh refresh at 7:30:00 and nothing. Never showed as available. That tells me there were barely any sets available, but I dunno.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

When u say kept refreshing, refreshing what exactly? >>

The checkout page with your basket and ship info, etc.

Entered 3 digit code for each refresh.

Kept hitting F5 until window of opportunity opened at 7:30. >>

Thanks!
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Had two in the cart from yesterday with CC info displayed from previous attempt, refresh screen until gray box is gone, pasted CC security #.

DENIED !
    ZILCH!
    NADA!

• Options

<< <i>Had two in the cart from yesterday with CC info displayed from previous attempt, refresh screen until gray box is gone, pasted CC security #.

DENIED !
    ZILCH!
    NADA! >>

What he said

Alex
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my in the mail today. Different square box for a single set. Not the usual flat rectangular box.

Nice looking coin and medal.

• Options
    Anyone else try today? Don't even know if they were available at all. Just went from cart @ 07:30. Nada.
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    I did it !!!!

Order Placed: Aug 15, 2015
    Order Status: Being Processed
    Order Number: USM0346xxxx

• Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    Raufus...... I was refreshing my screen at 7:30. Add to bag popped up, I mistakenly refreshed the screen again and it was immediately gone. Couldn't have been 3-4 seconds of availability total.....
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    I think the secret is ordering one set at exactly the right time.image

They were available again for a split second.
  • Options
    mas3887

did you order one or two sets?
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    2 Sets ordered....
    Tried the past few mornings.... With no luck...
  • Options
    Nice. I got 1 yesterday morning (wanted 2, but days ago hit 1 by mistake - so 1 was sitting in my cart)

My attempt was the "Hail Mary" method. All items filled, all boxes checked, just hit place order at 7:30:00. Worked yesterday.

Anyone trying to fill CVC and refreshing is waaaaayy too late

I was thinking that 1 set would be easier to grab in these post-sale mornings, given so few sets available. But one forum member has proven me wrong today.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice catch, mas!
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice. I got 1 yesterday morning (wanted 2, but days ago hit 1 by mistake - so 1 was sitting in my cart)

My attempt was the "Hail Mary" method. All items filled, all boxes checked, just hit place order at 7:30:00. Worked yesterday.

I was thinking that 1 set would be easier to grab in these post-sale mornings, given so few sets available. But one forum member has proven me wrong today. >>

Any thoughts on using a US Mint e-Gift Certificate rather than a credit card? Think it would speed up or slow down the process?
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had any luck trying to place an order after a Mint offering is unavailable. Don't know how you guys do it.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

<< <i>Nice. I got 1 yesterday morning (wanted 2, but days ago hit 1 by mistake - so 1 was sitting in my cart)

I was thinking that 1 set would be easier to grab in these post-sale mornings, given so few sets available. But one forum member has proven me wrong today. >>

Amazing mas!!

7/8: I was thinking to try that however I thought that throughout this process the "item not available, remove from cart" message would be there thus preventing the order placement.

Guess I'll try that method tomorrow.

I have struck out. Missing the boat wed did me in.
  • Options

<< <i>Amazing mas!!

7/8: I was thinking to try that however I thought that throughout this process the "item not available, remove from cart" message would be there thus preventing the order placement.

Guess I'll try that method tomorrow. >>

I tried it yesterday and today with no luck!!! Must be the millisecond west coast lag in speed!!!

Seriously, a lotta luck is involved in snagging one of these during the 1 to 2 second window they are available, that's for sure!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file