Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ike AX2 C&C Set - Who's In? - Order Number & Experience Discussion - Predictions

Comments

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've also not received the confirmation email, but do have an order number, and showing as processing. >>

Same.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3445XXX for 2 sets
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,708 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What a pain! Finally did it, though- USM03448XXX. >>

I got similar number sequence.
    It took a while to get logged in. But finally got it together and everything went as normal.
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've also not received the confirmation email, but do have an order number, and showing as processing. >>

As long as it shows in your order history you are golden.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    This email came after the sellout-

Product Notification

The product you requested a reminder for is now available.

2015 Coin & Chronicles Set - Dwight D. Eisenhower

$57.95

shop now.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a cluster fork....never was able to complete my transaction.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got two sets. Check out was A MESS! Got hung up on order confirmation step. Could not confirm details and check out. Got hung up many times. SO maddening. Finally got it on my phone.

My father could not get past order confirmation. When he did sold out.

My buddy same thing trying to order for himself.

I wonder if the Mint will actually increase mintage over 17K for the next two.

Order number 03448xxx

What a mess for the "New Order Management System" >>

Why do you want them to increase the mintage?? You wouldn't be buying if there was a higher limit. Nobody would want these.
    Yes this order process almost gave me a heart attack, but that's what makes it fun and we had 11 minutes to get them. If you were on at 9am one should have been had no problem.
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This email came after the sellout-

Product Notification

The product you requested a reminder for is now available.

$57.95

shop now. >>

Never fails, I did the reminder thing also and it's been a day late every time.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...that was different. The last set I successfully purchased was the FDR, the site must have changed because I was all over the page getting lost and the end result I needed to remove the items in my bag.

So close...moving on.

BTW, if the mint was smart, the production number should be ramped up, there should be a lot of interest in the JFK set...but we probably know the answer to that already.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here....and CC not showing a ping yet. But with 9,000 orders to process I'm expecting some delays.

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same mess with credit card check out. Gave up on Card A, but it worked with Card B.

Also got the "We've received your order" email, but not the confirmation. Does show as "Processing" on the website.

USM03448xxx
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got two sets. Check out was A MESS! Got hung up on order confirmation step. Could not confirm details and check out. Got hung up many times. SO maddening. Finally got it on my phone.

My father could not get past order confirmation. When he did sold out.

My buddy same thing trying to order for himself.

I wonder if the Mint will actually increase mintage over 17K for the next two.

Order number 03448xxx

What a mess for the "New Order Management System" >>

JFK set is 50,000
  • Options

<< <i>Guys, if you missed out check back every morning at 7:30 there will be more sets available. >>

This is how I got 5 Trumans when they kicked out the bad orders, they were releasing them at 7-8 am ET for a few days.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Guys, if you missed out check back every morning at 7:30 there will be more sets available. >>

This is how I got 5 Trumans when they kicked out the bad orders, they were releasing them at 7-8 am ET for a few days. >>

Yeah, but kind of unrealistic for many that aren't east coast time.
    Would be 4:30am for me. Considering I have a kid and responsibilities to family (ie...he is at the age of sports and evening practices) and a job where I have to start around my 7am, interrupting my night for a glimmer of hope like that is not realistic.

Not looking for sympathy. It is what it is, but, as usual, the USMint only does things for the east coast time.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    If there were no hangups this woulda been a sell out in about 2 minutes or less.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

This is how I got 5 Trumans when they kicked out the bad orders, they were releasing them at 7-8 am ET for a few days. >>

Would be 4:30am for me. Considering I have a kid and responsibilities to family (ie...he is at the age of sports and evening practices) and a job where I have to start around my 7am, interrupting my night for a glimmer of hope like that is not realistic.

Not looking for sympathy. It is what it is, but, as usual, the USMint only does things for the east coast time. >>

1-2 am for me.
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Put in a household limit of 1 - smooth out the system hangups - watch em go in 1 - 2 minutes.

The word is out on these.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Not looking for sympathy. It is what it is, but, as usual, the USMint only does things for the east coast time. >>

1-2 am for me. >>

Harsh, for many. To me, that is more doable than the 4:30am, but we are all on different internal clocks as well.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    JimDepotJimDepot Posts: 957 ✭✭
    Credit card hit.

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lateefah Simms of the U.S. Mint states that “a total of 16,820 (Eisenhower Coin & Chronicles) sets were sold in approximately 15 minutes. >>

It was actually 13 minutes.

Considering how many time outs people were getting, that would give PFSWeb a throughput of 650 transactions/minute. Pretty good...
  • Options
    Seems like the TV hype guy wasn't far off with his 30 second sell out prediction. 11 minutes is less than Truman @ 17

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well... that was certainly special.

Not sure you can blame the US Mint site for the crashes (which I had plenty of also); when you have a flood like this, it is similar to a denial of service attack.

It does boggle the mind that so many orders with a limit of two can sell out in 9 minutes.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just received email from US Mint:

We are currently processing your recent catalog.usmint.gov order. You should receive a confirmation E-mail in the next 24 hours with more details.
    Order Number: USM034....
  • Options

<< <i>Credit card hit. >>

Me too...pending for the full amount. Email came in @ 6:40 (12:40 EDT)

• Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not looking for sympathy. It is what it is, but, as usual, the USMint only does things for the east coast time. >>

The whole country caters to eastern time.
  • Options
    REALGATORREALGATOR Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Sold out within 8 minutes.
    Prediction: NUCLEAR HOT"

Kevin: A month or two from now (when all eyes are on L. Johnson), won't the Eisenhower be worth just about the same price as the Truman (whatever that price is) with their similar 17,000 mintages? Thoughts?

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image That was tuff.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well... that was certainly special.

Not sure you can blame the US Mint site for the crashes (which I had plenty of also); when you have a flood like this, it is similar to a denial of service attack.

It does boggle the mind that so many orders with a limit of two can sell out in 9 minutes. >>

Almost a testament to how well it works.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options

<< <i>

It does boggle the mind that so many orders with a limit of two can sell out in 9 minutes. >>

Almost a testament to how well it works. >>

I thought a major point of new system was surge capacity. This was pathetic.

• Options
    I missed out on these this time, website crashed just minutes before launch then came back just in time to start my process then bam crash then sold out. Oh well, good luck to all you that got yours. Kris
    In the time of Chimpanzee's
    I was a Monkey
  • Options

<< <i>Just received email from US Mint:

We are currently processing your recent catalog.usmint.gov order. You should receive a confirmation E-mail in the next 24 hours with more details.
    Order Number: USM034.... >>

Same here.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Sold out within 8 minutes.

Kevin: A month or two from now (when all eyes are on L. Johnson), won't the Eisenhower be worth just about the same price as the Truman (whatever that price is) with their similar 17,000 mintages? Thoughts?

Wondercoin >>

I'm not Kevin but when the dust settles Ike is far more popular President and with a HH limit of 2? Ike's gotta be worth more. LBJ? Like Truman, not like Ike.
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

As long as it shows in your order history you are golden. >>

I thought I was ok when I printed out my order receipt, but no email confirm. yet. My order history does show 2 sets though and says "processing", so hopefully I'll receive them sometime?
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 2 sets, it went pretty quick for me on the iPhone.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I thought a major point of new system was surge capacity. This was pathetic. >>

But to be fair, this was the first really bad overload since the new company took over. With 50,000 JFK sets to be available I expect a much better experience. Will ther be a 2 set limit again for these?

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received my order already.

I chose the Ultra-express delivery method.
    As soon as I hit submit, an Amazon drone landed and dropped off my packaged order.
    It cost me my first born child, but ... it's probably worth it.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought a major point of new system was surge capacity. This was pathetic. >>

someone forgot to engage the "Overload" switch. kind of reminds me of Christmas Vacation when Clark plugs in the Christmas lights and starts the brown/black out until the power company engages "more power." Tim the Tool Man must of been working that night! LOL
  • Options
    littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭✭
    Much drama. Order #3444xxx Credit card already hit.

Larry L.

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I thought a major point of new system was surge capacity. This was pathetic. >>

This was mega surge territory. Why spend time & money for something that's an issue maybe 1% of the time if that?
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

We know that but We need to keep that under are hat's.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Schmitz7Schmitz7 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭
    (2) sets with a confirmed order number just ended on Ebay for $685.

Crazy stuff!
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I received my order already.

I chose the Ultra-express delivery method.
    As soon as I hit submit, an Amazon drone landed and dropped off my packaged order.
    It cost me my first born child, but ... it's probably worth it. >>

Definitely worth it.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was more painful than the hour I spent on hold with the IRS this morning for a 5 minute call.image
  • Options
    To grade or not to grade? That is thy question.
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>To grade or not to grade? That is thy question. >>

If quality is equal to the Truman, thy answer is HELL NO!
  • Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Sold out within 8 minutes.

Wondercoin >>

That is likely in the long term IMO, but I was mainly referring to the short term with regard to being nuclear. Sorry for the confusion.

However, Truman and Eisenhower should at least carry a premium over the others to come due to the lower mintages.
    Zircon Cases - Protect Your Vintage Slabs www.ZirconCases.com
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So what's the prediction for aftermarket prices? >>

coin club presold for $ 200 .....
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One could argue that because of the price going up...people may actually start collecting these hence going backwards may be more costly...but anythings possible
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Not too likely with low purchase price of a 120 bucks

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file