Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ike AX2 C&C Set - Who's In? - Order Number & Experience Discussion - Predictions

Comments

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Never had any luck trying to place an order after a Mint offering is unavailable. Don't know how you guys do it. >>

Me either ..... Until this morning
    It was kind of exciting to see the order page to print

Had 2 sets in my cart with the Wednesday morning offerings but sold out again before I could complete the order....
    Pays to be signed in...
    Tried Thurs. no luck.... Friday no luck.... Said what the heck I'm sitting in front
    of the PC this morning so why not try one more time... Got it !!!! Having them in the cart sure helps I believe.

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,454 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe there's hope for my mail order yet. image
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    << Having them in the cart sure helps I believe. >>

That has been my experience, some say it's no help. But you are not putting inventory in your bag, just pre-populating the order process.
    I once ordered 3 of the NA EU sets from my bag after sell out, the order went through and was processing for 2 months, till they manually cancelled it. The bag is on your account data, not in your local machine.... Glad to know it worked out.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to extend my sincere congratulations to those who beat the odds (and the computers) and were able to order sets the last few mornings.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Will boxes of 2 sealed sets fit into a medium flat rate box? >>

They fit no problemmo. A box of 2 sets will go into a bubble pack flat rate envelope too. If you use the bubble pack, you will have to print your label from the USPS site. Won't work with www.paypal.com/shipnow. Not sure about stamps.com or Pitney-Bowes.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0730. Ugh.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Never saw the Ike sets become available today @ 730

Maybe they are done, or one final chance tomorrow?
  • Options

<< <i>Never saw the Ike sets become available today @ 730

Maybe they are done, or one final chance tomorrow? >>

Perhaps no staff working yesterday to look at tally. Perhaps tomorrow or Tues. Still does not say sold out.
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please excuse an admittedly stupid question...but all this talk of being able to snag an Ike set randomly from time to time...

My question is this: how do you get the item in your bag ahead of time, when it's listed as unavailable? Or do you just happen to need to be on the Mint site at the exact moment that they reopen the gate for couple of minutes?
  • Options

<< <i>Please excuse an admittedly stupid question...but all this talk of being able to snag an Ike set randomly from time to time...

My question is this: how do you get the item in your bag ahead of time, when it's listed as unavailable? Or do you just happen to need to be on the Mint site at the exact moment that they reopen the gate for couple of minutes? >>

In my case, and I'd imagine the others, the two are left from when the coin was released and the cart easy to load but the purchase could not b finalized.
  • Options

<< <i>Please excuse an admittedly stupid question...but all this talk of being able to snag an Ike set randomly from time to time...

My question is this: how do you get the item in your bag ahead of time, when it's listed as unavailable? Or do you just happen to need to be on the Mint site at the exact moment that they reopen the gate for couple of minutes? >>

I think that most people who had planned to order had them in their bag and simply didn't take them out. That would be my guess.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> how do you get the item in your bag ahead of time, when it's listed as unavailable? >>

In my case, it was leftover from the first day. I didn't delete it at the prompt and it has stayed in my bag ever since. A lot of good it's done me, though - my bag is still full...
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    The items are in the bag from previous attempts to place the order when the bag button appears, usually around 7:30 AM, except they are too late when placing the order as the last step because there are only a few available. The items will still be in your bag unless you manually remove them.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have one in my cart from that day I got locked out.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    Nada again. Did they go live today?
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Still does not say sold out >>

It won't say that for many months....the 2014 C & Currency set was just changed to sold out. It has been "currently unavailable" for, oh, 8 months
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Still does not say sold out >>

It won't say that for many months....the 2014 C & Currency set was just changed to sold out. It has been "currently unavailable" for, oh, 8 months >>

Thanks. Didn't realize that. Perhaps one last try tomorrow.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nada again. Did they go live today? >>

I was ready and didn't see any light up..
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    Nope...never saw a status change today
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for clarifying...at least I wasn't losing my mind!

Next time I'll try to fill my wife's bag!

"Hey honey, I'm going to fill your bag..."

And her reply will be "Go back to sleep you dirty old man!"
  • Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arrived today....SOLD today
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks for clarifying...at least I wasn't losing my mind!

Next time I'll try to fill my wife's bag!

"Hey honey, I'm going to fill your bag..."

And her reply will be "Go back to sleep you dirty old man!" >>

Most welcome.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for shopping at the United States Mint. Your recent order has now shipped.

From 8/14 order.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

They fit no problemmo. A box of 2 sets will go into a bubble pack flat rate envelope too. If you use the bubble pack, you will have to print your label from the USPS site. Won't work with www.paypal.com/shipnow. Not sure about stamps.com or Pitney-Bowes. >>

You will usually do better if you ship in a Regional Rate box. As long as you ship under 15 lbs you can use the A Box that's more than adequate for shipping even 2 of the Mint sealed boxes of these sets.

Here's some prices for shipping within SoCal for comparison:

Priority Mail 2-Day™ Medium Flat Rate Box
    USPS-Produced Box: 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" or 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
    $11.30

Priority Mail 2-Day™ Small Flat Rate Box
    USPS-Produced Box: 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"
    $5.25

Priority Mail 2-Day™ Regional Rate Box A
    USPS-Produced Box: 12-13/16" x 10-15/16" x 2-3/8" or 10" x 7" x 4-3/4"
    $5.32

Priority Mail 2-Day™ Regional Rate Box B
    USPS-Produced Box: 15-7/8" x 14-3/8" x 2-7/8" or 12" x 10-1/4" x 5"
    $6.16

Priority Mail 2-Day™ Regional Rate Box C
    USPS-Produced Box: 14-3/4" x 11-3/4" x 11-1/2"
    $9.85

Just keep in mind the farther you ship with the regional boxes the higher the cost but in most cases a regional A box will always be cheaper than a medium flat rate box. Also, these prices are only available online from the USPS website.

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    Dumb question, but I got my coin & chronicles set in the mail today but I also received a couple of other similar sized packages. I sold my sets as sealed so I don't want to open the box but I also need to make sure I am shipping out the right package. Did it come from a "Fulfillment Center" in Tennessee? It doesn't say US Mint anywhere on it (which is good). Thanks.
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options
    rajaraja Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Yes. It is from Fulfilment Center.
    It is a e-VS Smartpost. You can plugin the tracking number into
    FedEx tracking (if 92 is the first two digit, remove that and punch in the rest)
    to see where it came from...
    raja
    Colonials and Post-Colonials
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    From what I see, nothing available today at 730am
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

They fit no problemmo. A box of 2 sets will go into a bubble pack flat rate envelope too. If you use the bubble pack, you will have to print your label from the USPS site. Won't work with www.paypal.com/shipnow. Not sure about stamps.com or Pitney-Bowes. >>

You will usually do better if you ship in a Regional Rate box. As long as you ship under 15 lbs you can use the A Box that's more than adequate for shipping even 2 of the Mint sealed boxes of these sets.

Here's some prices for shipping within SoCal for comparison:

Priority Mail 2-Day™ Medium Flat Rate Box
    USPS-Produced Box: 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8" or 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"
    $11.30

Priority Mail 2-Day™ Small Flat Rate Box
    USPS-Produced Box: 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"
    $5.25

Priority Mail 2-Day™ Regional Rate Box A
    USPS-Produced Box: 12-13/16" x 10-15/16" x 2-3/8" or 10" x 7" x 4-3/4"
    $5.32

Priority Mail 2-Day™ Regional Rate Box B
    USPS-Produced Box: 15-7/8" x 14-3/8" x 2-7/8" or 12" x 10-1/4" x 5"
    $6.16

Priority Mail 2-Day™ Regional Rate Box C
    USPS-Produced Box: 14-3/4" x 11-3/4" x 11-1/2"
    $9.85

Just keep in mind the farther you ship with the regional boxes the higher the cost but in most cases a regional A box will always be cheaper than a medium flat rate box. Also, these prices are only available online from the USPS website. >>

Thanks for the reminder about regional rate. In the interest of expediency, I'll be sending 2 sets of 2 in 2 shipments so the padded mailer seems best. The 2 set box won't quite fit into SFRB.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>From what I see, nothing available today at 730am >>

I checked as well for both Eisenhower and Truman, nothing.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    For those shipping sealed boxes of the Eisenhower sets, use the USPS Priority Mail Padded Bag. It is cheaper than the medium flat rate box. See the separate thread on the padded bag.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Per the Mint chat rep, my CC was only dinged once and the second charge was one of those verification thingies. It's still on my CC statement. >>

And it will stay there forever, reducing your available credit. I'm still trying to get rid of my extra $1494.95 from the HR Liberty gold and it's two weeks old now.

Edit: after some chicken and egg arguments, I got my CC card people on the line with a mint CS rep and got the pending charge removed. Even though the mint was the entity that created the error, they wouldn't remove it without prompting from my CC folks. >>

My second phantom charge finally went buh bye!
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm out
    I was in
    I bought 2
    I got 2
    I sold 2
    I'm out
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For those shipping sealed boxes of the Eisenhower sets, use the USPS Priority Mail Padded Bag. It is cheaper than the medium flat rate box. See the separate thread on the padded bag. >>

Or, just grab a USPS Priority address label, available at your local USPS PO for shipping sealed Eisenhower sets. Fill out applicable info, apply over original shipment label in pertinent area and ship the original box w/out the extra packaging. USPS applies priority tracking label, done deal.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>For those shipping sealed boxes of the Eisenhower sets, use the USPS Priority Mail Padded Bag. It is cheaper than the medium flat rate box. See the separate thread on the padded bag. >>

Or, just grab a USPS Priority address label, available at your local USPS PO for shipping sealed Eisenhower sets. Fill out applicable info, apply over original shipment label in pertinent area and ship the original box w/out the extra packaging. USPS applies priority tracking label, done deal. >>

A single set could go first class. 2 sets in the Mint shipper was 14+ ounces thus priority service was in play.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's sad when I can get a registered package from Sarasota (FL) to Chicago faster than Smartpost from Memphis. (sigh.)

Finally got my two Ike sets. The Prezbucks look pretty darn good, much better than the Trumans. Can't see any flaws under magnification, but I think it's been proven I suck at grading these brassbucks.

One medal looks okay, one already has a spot on it.

There are two other sets on the way in a sealed box, I'm unsure if they're going to stay in the box, or open them up to see if it's worth sending a couple sets in to be entombed...
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I ordered 2 sets for myself and 2 for my son. He lives next door to me and mine arrived yesterday and his was supposed to arrive yesterday too per smart post but after I got mine I checked on his and the delivery was changed to Saturday. How could that be if yesterday they were scheduled to both be at the PO here in Albuquerque after traveling together since last Wednesday? Weird of what?
  • Options

<< <i>I ordered 2 sets for myself and 2 for my son. He lives next door to me and mine arrived yesterday and his was supposed to arrive yesterday too per smart post but after I got mine I checked on his and the delivery was changed to Saturday. How could that be if yesterday they were scheduled to both be at the PO here in Albuquerque after traveling together since last Wednesday? Weird of what? >>

Which tracking site are you using? FedEx or USPS?

If you're getting info from the FedEx site, put a "92" in front of your tracking number on the USPS site. You can usually get better info from the USPS after the package gets handed off.
  • Options
    I added the 92 to it and it still shows a Sat delivery.
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I ordered 2 sets for myself and 2 for my son. He lives next door to me and mine arrived yesterday and his was supposed to arrive yesterday too per smart post but after I got mine I checked on his and the delivery was changed to Saturday. How could that be if yesterday they were scheduled to both be at the PO here in Albuquerque after traveling together since last Wednesday? Weird of what? >>

Sunday mine got to the local fed ex smartpost depot. Just 45 minutes away from my post office and the estimated delivery was changed from Tue to Wed.
    yesterday morning it showed on the USPS as out for delivery. I got it yesterday! Tracking for smartpost leaves an extra day or two so they can move when
    they have time or let sit if they are backed up with other volume,

edited to add: also if your delivery guy has a big load for the day he will sometimes leave it for the next day delivery.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    This is the last time I use smartpost for sure. It is a complete disaster.
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine always shows up in three weekdays. My last three orders shipped Thursday night from the mint and were delivered on Tuesday.
    Had one ship Wednesday night and was delivered Saturday.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

<< <i>I added the 92 to it and it still shows a Sat delivery. >>

If it doesn't show it's at your post office, they probably found it under a cart in the corner at the last location... image

The USPS tracking should at least show when it gets to your PO.
  • Options
    USPS tracking does not show it at all.
  • Options

<< <i>USPS tracking does not show it at all. >>

More of a function of your local PO than the USPS in general. I have a second arrival out for delivery.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    Could there really be 170 not sold, or damaged returns and not saleable?

AX2...2015 EISENHWR COIN & CHRONICLES SET...16,830...8/16/2015
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Or, just grab a USPS Priority address label, available at your local USPS PO for shipping sealed Eisenhower sets. Fill out applicable info, apply over original shipment label in pertinent area and ship the original box w/out the extra packaging. USPS applies priority tracking label, done deal. >>

A single set could go first class. 2 sets in the Mint shipper was 14+ ounces thus priority service was in play. >>

Customer required priority for my package, otherwise 1st class is available for a single. True enough.

Even so, I' don't get the package in a package. Relabel original package, regardless of weight, with PO Priority label, pay the cost, why repackage? The box seems sturdy enough. Probably, six of one, half dozen of the at this point and who cares? Just wondered. Talking two - three bucks either way on shipping cost.
  • Options

<< <i>Could there really be 170 not sold, or damaged returns and not saleable?

AX2...2015 EISENHWR COIN & CHRONICLES SET...16,830...8/16/2015 >>

What, there's 170 of these sets still available? Link it up, bro.
  • Options
    Somethin is funky with the sales report. Sales there are nearly 200 Trumans available as well. I have checked multiple times at 730 and never saw Truman pop up. I think there must be an error somewhere. No one would return these sets.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options

<< <i>Somethin is funky with the sales report. Sales there are nearly 200 Trumans available as well. I have checked multiple times at 730 and never saw Truman pop up. I think there must be an error somewhere. No one would return these sets. >>

I don't think there's anything really funky going on, this happens all the time. For instance, the March of Dimes special set had a mintage of 75K and officially Sold Out at 74,593.

There are probably returns that were damaged beyond being able to be resold, packages "lost" in the mail, etc. I would have returned three of my Trumans if I actually thought I could get replacements after the gorilla at my post office stepped on the package. If I had returned them, they wouldn't have been able to resell the damaged sets, and there'd be 203 unsold...

I also wonder if those sets given to special people or purpose (members of congress, mint execs, designers, and the mint's archives) are included in those numbers. They were technically never "sold", but are part of the mintage.
  • Options
    So you think that 200 sets have been returned?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file