Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

>>> The Official SILVER 50th Kennedy Thread <<<

Comments

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>my e-mail confirmation contains a FedEx tracking number. Being shipped via FedEx smartPost? anyone got this also?

edited to add: order Order Number: USM02597XXX

2nd edit: sorry, I think it's a false alarm. Apparently my hotmail thinks that 704785581548 is a FedEx SmartPost tracking number and tag it as such. >>

Log back on to the mint site
    Check your order history, then today's order
    You should see USPS Priority Mail and $4.95 as shipping cost

At least that is what shows on my order >>

Mine are coming FedEx Smartpost. (2 sets.)

And from their faq:

<< <i>Orders with merchandise valued at $300 or more or, orders containing any precious metals will require an auto signature upon delivery. >>

So if you bought four or five sets, that probably means a UPS or FedEx delivery to your door rather than the USPS.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>More then 20,000 orders in 2 1/2 hours this could sell out by tomorrow! >>

This will not be a sell out. My guess, most of the orders have or will be placed by this evening. That's my take. >>

We would need 60,000 orders of the max of 5, to hit 300,000.

Seems like a lot, my initial guess is they stop sales at the end of the year, short of the 300,000 limit. >>

Its reaching back order status of that first allotment of 180K that is important. God knows when the second round would go out after that, maybe like BHOF which was like 3 months later. I doubt the final mintage goes much beyond 200K >>

Wanna bet they punch up enough of these to make sure they're around when Jackie goes on sale next year? They're tripling the mintage for her (30K), so they're anticipating the increase based on the Kennedy...

The mint can't strike a coin out of year, but can they issue a set with multiple years? Could they punch up the Johns this year and put out a set with Jackie next year? image
  • Options

<< <i>After receiving an email notification that my item shipped, I went looking at the Mint's website, and my order does (already) show SHIPPED with a tracking #. Checked both FedEx and the USPS (FedEx Smartpost) and neither site recognizes the tracking. >>

Confirmed! Just got e-mail with a tracking number. (I got the cheap $4.95 shipping, in case someone's comparing notes...)
  • Options
    bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My one has shipped also. Fastest I've ever seen the mint work!
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me their ordering system sucks with anything other than Internet Explorer.
  • Options

<< <i>With the government's track record I still think the new website will crash. >>

Ye of little faith!image
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For me their ordering system sucks with anything other than Internet Explorer. >>

I used Chrome and no problem

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Anyone else notice you can not cancel orders on the website anymore? >>

Yes, it's been noted.

There are actually a LOT of different things about this site such as.......................new order number formats!!!

WTH? Did the programmers NOT bother looking at what they were doing?? >>

Or maybe they looked at all of the whiners on these boards and knew exactly what they were doing.
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭✭
    These will be selling for less than Mint issue price in no time with 100k orders pushed out the door. The flippers don't have a chance with this one. Let the dumping commence! Sellout....not a chance.
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered with Chrome, the difference versus the old system was amazing. I think I was in and out in a couple of minutes. No comments on that last statement. image
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭✭
    The ordering system was fantastic! I did order a couple sets for my collection. Look like cool coins imho. Not profitable cool, collector cool.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>For me their ordering system sucks with anything other than Internet Explorer. >>

I used Chrome and no problem >>

Both chrome and Efferfox hung up for me and just idled and idled. I've seen the same thing with the WalMart website. In fact, both Chrome and FF won't even let me logout properly there.
  • Options
    cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭
    Wow! 7 hours from order to "shipped" with a tracking #. I think these will do well in the aftermarket, selling out and holding a premium. There should be more than enough demand to outweigh the supply.
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY
  • Options
    BillsonBillson Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

<< <i>my e-mail confirmation contains a FedEx tracking number. Being shipped via FedEx smartPost? anyone got this also?

edited to add: order Order Number: USM02597XXX

2nd edit: sorry, I think it's a false alarm. Apparently my hotmail thinks that 704785581548 is a FedEx SmartPost tracking number and tag it as such. >>

So i guess hotmail wasn't playing tricks on me. I just received UPS tracking number scheduled for deliver on Thursday, 10/30/2014, By End of Day

Successful BST transactions:
    Buy and sold to Wondercoin,
    Buy from: mbogoman, sol15g

• Options
    EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the warning. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't check out and it turned out that Firefox was causing the trouble.

JH
  • Options
    cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭
    what are the latest order guesstimates?
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the warning. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't check out and it turned out that Firefox was causing the trouble. >>

I had no trouble with Firefox. In and out in about 40 seconds at 9:00 AM
  • Options

<< <i>

Thanks for the warning. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't check out and it turned out that Firefox was causing the trouble.

JH >>

For all of those here who bash IE, it certainly saves the day at times. There must be a setting or 2 on FF and GC that cause the issue/s. Also keep in mind that government sites generally work best with IE.
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭
    Ordering best , easiest ever ... 2 minutes on website and order placed
  • Options
    Have to complete the set. . . smooth process.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    I keep getting an odd screen with text and non-working links once I get past the main screen. Does anyone else have that problem?

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭✭
    I ordered one to keep as delivered.
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

JH >>

Safari worked like a charm.
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I keep getting an odd screen with text and non-working links once I get past the main screen. Does anyone else have that problem?

image >>

When I've encountered that same odd screen on other sites it turned out to be blocking by an add on in the browser. Which browser is that?

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I keep getting an odd screen with text and non-working links once I get past the main screen. Does anyone else have that problem?

image >>

When I've encountered that same odd screen on other sites it turned out to be blocking by an add on in the browser. Which browser is that? >>

That was enough of a tip/hint! I was unable to block the ads, and now I'm in! THANKS!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Slow order emails and slow order appearances are bad quirks of this new system >>

Me too... I thought it was my internet connection..
    Also still have not received email... >>

No email confirm here either, over 30 mins after the fact...used to get them poste haste....was it TOO easy for a reason??????? >>

Got e-mail confirms for both my orders.

Boy, some of you saddle way on the side of pessimism. >>

Well, this IS the U.S. Mint...like we HAVEN'T been given reason, in the past, to expect the worst from them??? >>

I actually gave up trying to explain this a while ago.

All the ordering problems in the past, WAS NOT THE MINT! The Mint had NOTHING to do with it. (Well, other than awarding the contract to PBGS.) All order taking, picking, packing and shipping was handled by a fulfillment company, Pitney-Bowes, later Novitex. They're not like Amazon who has their own warehouses and shipping departments. (I pretty sure the coins were struck by the mint, but the packaging was actually put together by PBGS/Novitex. And I'm not talking about things like the HoF coin delays, though I'm not sure anyone found out why that delay occurred.)

PFSweb is a pretty well established fulfillment company who already handles some well known names. So when they became the Mint's new fullfillment company, everything changed. The web site, the hardware that runs it, the distribution warehouses, everything. Considering the names they already handle (Lego, Ricoh, TJ Maxx), the odds the site would crash and burn was pretty low. If they could do the Christmas season, then a bunch of coin collectors probably don't represent much of a challenge.

I do agree the old company was appalling. Their transaction rate was so slow, it made me wonder if they were running on Pentium PC's or old Sun hardware. The waiting room was a joke. It was really terrible toward the end, but Novitex had no incentive to improve. Truthfully, I'm not sure they're even in the fulfillment business anymore. Before Novitex became it's own company, they were Pitney-Bowes Management Services, and don't even mention end-to-end product delivery anywhere on their web site.

So actually no, I'm not surprised ordering went as smoothly as it did today, and I think the new company will improve order-to-ship times as well. But I've been wrong before... image >>

If you gave up already, then please spare us.

edited to add.....strange, it only posted one sentence of mine....after 'please spare us', was SUPPOSED to be followed by 'Those of us who like to grouse, will have one thing less to grouse about if the Mint's site actually works without a flaw'.
  • Options
    Just placed an order 15 minutes ago....

Order# USM026254XX

Going by the earliest reported order.... over 32,200 orders placed today.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>5 sets, order # 2618xxx >>

Why 5 sets, Sir?

Are these coins submittable to PCGS?

Is there any reason to do so?
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My order number USM02600XXX has already shipped!imageimage
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ordered 4 sets; in and out like lightning.

And the new system seems to have retained all my prior ordering data; very pleased.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no problem with Firefox, US Mint ordering page and no problem in getting my confirmation email. Best of all, my 2 sets have been shipped.
    Completely uneventful series of transactions ....
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>I had no problem with Firefox, US Mint ordering page and no problem in getting my confirmation email. Best of all, my 2 sets have been shipped.
    Completely uneventful series of transactions .... >>

I didn't have any issue with FF the last time I ordered from the Mint, but today just wasn't its day. Perhaps you are using a somewhat different version than I am.
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Credit where credit is due, gentlemen and ladies.

The new website is wonderful. No problems ordering, and my order has already shipped.

What an improvement!

Kudos to whomever is responsible...
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WELL..............

I'll admit when I ordered my sets it went off slicker' than cat stuff on a tin roof.

So kudos to the new fullfillment service on handling volume. (Mac OS, Firefox)

HOWEVER, when my friend ordered theirs on my laptop (totally different acct, user, address, plastic), they got the dreaded "order limit reached for household" notice. So they tried on another computer, and got the SAME MESSAGE.

I tried for them later on my work box and got the SAME MESSAGE.

So -- 8 hours later my friend sees TWO hits to their CC pending for $505 each. WTH? No orders showing on their account. So~~

I call the Mint and am on hold for 30 minutes of very annoying Mint propaganda. Finally get a rep on the line and was told:

"yes, we have been experiencing many similar complaints; give us your contact info and we will call you back in 24 hrs to confirm your order" and no, the CC hits will not finalize...

UMMMM -- not only have we lost FIFO status, but may be another 24hr before processed...

IN THE END we are not too cool with the new system. Sounds like it's working betta' for most, but our experience is that it is still messed up.

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Two hours into the sale, while in the passenger seat using 4g, down I95, I got right through, ordered two and had my e-mail three hours later saying it's ready to ship within the next 48 hours. Easiest order I've ever placed with the Mint!

Hopefully they got the new site right and it won't immediately morph into the Obamacare website disaster.
  • Options
    Has anyone gotten a shipping notice from FedEx coming from DFW? Both of mine are coming out of Memphis...

(Ordered yesterday at 12:02 and 12:03, credit card pinged immediately, got tracking numbers by 3:30, packages arrived at FedEx in Mississippi by 9pm, left the FedEx facility at 1am. Order to ship in 9 hours. Not bad.)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I had no problem with Firefox, US Mint ordering page and no problem in getting my confirmation email. Best of all, my 2 sets have been shipped.
    Completely uneventful series of transactions .... >>

I didn't have any issue with FF the last time I ordered from the Mint, but today just wasn't its day. Perhaps you are using a somewhat different version than I am. >>

My 12:02 order was on Firefox, my 12:03 order was by IE. (I'm at the most current versions on each.) No problem on either.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Order at 12:02, CC hit, shipping notice and tracking sent last night.

Expected delivery - 10/30/14.
  • Options
    ccmorganccmorgan Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭
    So is there a mintage limit of 300,000? This doesn't make sense.
    Mintage Limit: None
    Product Limit: 300,000
    Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options

<< <i>So is there a mintage limit of 300,000? This doesn't make sense.
    Product Limit: 300,000 >>

My interpretation ... No Mintage Limit, but they will only produce up to 300,000 to begin with and if needed, increase production, which will be unlikely.
  • Options
    ccmorganccmorgan Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

My interpretation ... No Mintage Limit, but they will only produce up to 300,000 to begin with and if needed, increase production, which will be unlikely. >>

At any rate I just ordered 5 sets.
    Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

I interpret it to mean there will be a limit of 300,000 of THIS PARTICULAR set i.e. "product". There are no mintage limits imposed as some/all of these coins can/will be offered in other set variations.
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I interpret it to mean there will be a limit of 300,000 of THIS PARTICULAR set i.e. "product". There are no mintage limits imposed as some/all of these coins can/will be offered in other set variations. >>

...and they have two months to come up with "other set variations"? I kinda doubt it....but maybe

Just to chime in....I had two browsers open (Chrome and FF) on the same laptop and banged out orders with both with no grief at all....both orders have shipped. The problem is not with the Mint's website..it is with YOUR browser

.........................as was mentioned there were no cancel boxes because they were ready to ship and went directly to processing status which I think is a massive improvement
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    It appears that the mint finally got one right and began shipping immediately.

Are these going to be a good flip?

I did not order any and have no intention of doing so as I am sick of the mints ways.

Good luck guys!
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Credit where credit is due, gentlemen and ladies.

The new website is wonderful. No problems ordering, and my order has already shipped.

What an improvement!

Kudos to whomever is responsible... >>

After so many mint foul-ups .. Great job
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    The only issue with the new site, for me, is that I had to "unblock the tracking sites" option on Disconnect so the order would process.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>5 sets, order # 2618xxx >>

Why 5 sets, Sir?

Are these coins submittable to PCGS?

Is there any reason to do so? >>

5 was all I could get at one time. Don't plan on submitting them. Hoping to sell 4 sets on the 'bay and have nothing in the 5th set to keep.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    Not sure its been mentioned but Kennedy clads are showing 'out of stock' on website
  • Options
    Kennedy Collection Scores 12-Hour Sales of 85,670

Far from a sell out that some predicted.

CoinNews link

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file