>>> The Official SILVER 50th Kennedy Thread <<<

Comments

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tt can't see my last post

now I do
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Kennedy Collection Scores 12-Hour Sales of 85,670

Far from a sell out that some predicted.

CoinNews link >>

A bomb bigger than the Gold Kennedy. A Flipper nightmare in the making. Not popular and not hard to obtain. The Mint is on its A game by blowing these out the door in the first couple of days. Watch sales crawl to a trickle in the coming weeks. $99 is to much money for these imho.
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    If the 180,000 sets available for immediate distribution is factual, this is one that will be "in stock" sold well into 2015.

I understand it's not "maximum mintage" of 300,000, but rather "maximum" of 300,000 for this packaging/product option------no need to worry, it will never hit 300,000 sets, but if it does.....50-75k sets will sit in stock forever....
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Are these going to be a good flip? >>

You bet!!! LOL!!!

750% markup

Never mind - that is for 5 sets!
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

You bet!!! LOL!!!

750% markup

Never mind - that is for 5 sets! >>

I don't understand why some one would pay a 50% premium to buy off Ebay when ordering from the mint is open with plenty of stock shipping. Or am I the stupid one?

• BillsonBillson Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

You bet!!! LOL!!!

750% markup

I don't understand why some one would pay a 50% premium to buy off Ebay when ordering from the mint is open with plenty of stock shipping. Or am I the stupid one? >>

Just a guess. Could it be eBay bucks, points, coupons, gift cards, etc...

Successful BST transactions:
    Buy and sold to Wondercoin,
    Buy from: mbogoman, sol15g

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭
    So the mint is not selling these sets at the Baltimore Show?
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>So the mint is not selling these sets at the Baltimore Show? >>

Nope, announced weeks ago that no sales at Balto show...
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

You bet!!! LOL!!!

750% markup

I don't understand why some one would pay a 50% premium to buy off Ebay when ordering from the mint is open with plenty of stock shipping. Or am I the stupid one? >>

Limited friends & family network

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>Kennedy Collection Scores 12-Hour Sales of 85,670

Far from a sell out that some predicted.

CoinNews link >>

More than double my prediction in half the time

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    Got message it has already shipped. Omg stop the maddness!
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
    Mine shipped with a "pre-shipment" tracking number

Wow

Heaven

• FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    So did anyone happen by the Mints Gift Shops at the Denver or Philly Mints yesterday. Or how about the US Mint HQ
    in DC? One of the news releases about a month ago mentioned sales happening at the Mints usual locations but
    no sales in Baltimore. Well if there are Dealers submitting Silver Sets at the show we'll know what happened.

Call DC and ask if they had them

I doubt they did as it would have been another mess.

I see on the mint page for these Kennedy's that online and by phone is the only way to get them. This would exclude mint outlets.

"-Set includes four Kennedy half–dollar coins struck in 90% silver in four different finishes, one from each of the U.S. Mint’s coin production facilities

-Sales for this product will be online and by phone only."

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just ordered 5 sets a couple of minutes ago, order # USM026385xx

EDIT: Wonder why they didn't include a P mint uncirculated example in the set?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

You bet!!! LOL!!!

750% markup

This has always puzzled me also. I have never heard of a logical reason for it.
    Here's a logical reason: Maybe they ordered from the Mint before and had a stroke during the 3 hour long process only to receive a ship date months out which was later cancelledimage

• << <i>Just ordered 5 sets a couple of minutes ago, order # USM026385xx

EDIT: Wonder why they didn't include a P mint uncirculated example in the set? >>

Almost 50,000 orders since yesterday morning!
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend got his coins today! He lives in St Louis.
  • is the fast shipping a whole new level of competency ? Cynic in me says it's to avoid massive cancellations. I bought 5 sold 4 and mine will cost me $55. A small victory but still a victory IMO.
  • fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just received my 5 sets!! That was uber fast.image
  • 53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭
    You know what, the ease in ordering from the mint and their quick delivery are exactly what they should be!

Looking forward to receiving my sets!
    HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    How soon will ebay and Craigs be flooded? In years past, people waited until the end of sales to try to flip. Now the dummies
    want to flip ASAP with no regard for availability from the Mint.

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How soon will ebay and Craigs be flooded? In years past, people waited until the end of sales to try to flip. Now the dummies
    want to flip ASAP with no regard for availability from the Mint.

image >>

You mean like the person who's only "contributions" to these forums is when a product is up to be flipped and puts ads on the BST like the below?:

Tuesday October 28, 2014 10:59 AM

Looking for one buyer for all of the sets.
    Looking to NET $120/set (after shipping)
    Have shipping info for most of the orders already!
    Each set was placed and order confirmed within the first hour or so. most opted for overnight mint delivery as well.

Was originally looking for $150/set, just hours after they went on sale.
    One would think someone buying in that volume would have a network of buyers, especially since they play this game with each mint item that seems flippable (including the most recent gold kennedys).
    Instead, they come on the BST to sell them.....hope they stagnate (I bought my 2 sets from the mint and will probably lose money over the long haul, but I wanted them).

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added my new credit card tonight around 8:30pm....just got an email from the Mint that my 3 sets have shipped at 8:52pmimage
    Only 180 sets, 36 people in the network it seems

Many paid overnight shipping

Ebay sales are hitting BIN in the $130-140 range

Looking for +20 on each set net.

I guess there is room for a small margin if they all go as one, I'm not so sure these will go off at +20 each net as delivery is about 105, figure +1 to ship and insure. I guess that's about 126 per someone pays?

I wonder what the deal will be if they have to be returned....

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I miss the one hour sellouts, lol...the Mint has wised up--they saw the aftermarket profits and honed in on that with essentially unlimited mintages. Flipping has become a lost art, lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    Amazed to see sets over Mint price on BST and Ebay ......With the new fast shipping .. these are going out of business
  • CoinGuy42CoinGuy42 Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    I placed my order just a few minutes after 10:00PM (EDT), October 29, order number USM02641XXX.

Based on an earlier post in this thread with Order # USM025932XX, there have been approximately 48k orders since noon yesterday.

I called PCGS and they said these do not need to be sent in with the OGP.

can anyone here call to confirm?

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I called PCGS and they said these do not need to be sent in with the OGP.

can anyone here call to confirm? >>

They are certainly well within the 30 day window of release.
    theknowitalltroll;

<< <i>

<< <i>I called PCGS and they said these do not need to be sent in with the OGP.

can anyone here call to confirm? >>

They are certainly well within the 30 day window of release. >>

they required the clads be sent in the OGP from day 1, the gold not.

• cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭
    Guesstimates on number sold??
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY
  • Can anyone tell me ( yet ) if the individual sets are sealed?

<< <i>Can anyone tell me ( yet ) if the individual sets are sealed? >>

the sets are open and the coins are in capsules similar to or the same as the gold kennedy were in.

• cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭
    Any presale pricing on graded sets from the big retailers yet?
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does PCGS have grading options and prices yet?

I am guessing:

Regular Label
    1st Strike Flag Label
    1st Strike Kennedy Label

How about a (4) coin holder set? - If I send 20 coins will PCGS pick (4) of ea grade and holder together such as MS/PF69 Set or MS/PF70 Set?
    That would be really image

Wonder what grading & labeling fee's will be for each option?

Is it posted anywhere?

Thanks, GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
    I don't believe PCGS offers a multi coin holder any more. A call to CS could answer your questions.
    For your reference below are the coin numbers taken right off the PCGS population page for FS and non-FS if you are planning to submit your set for grading:

PCGS #530177 2014-S 50C Enhanced - Silver 50th Anniversary Set MS > Half Dollars, Kennedy Half Dollar, Type 3, Copper-Nickel Clad
    PCGS #530178 2014-S 50C Enhanced - Silver 50th Anniversary Set First Strike MS > Half Dollars, Kennedy Half Dollar, Type 3, Copper-Nickel Clad
    PCGS #530179 2014-D 50C Silver 50th Anniversary Set MS > Half Dollars, Kennedy Half Dollar, Type 3, Copper-Nickel Clad
    PCGS #530180 2014-D 50C Silver 50th Anniversary Set First Strike MS > Half Dollars, Kennedy Half Dollar, Type 3, Copper-Nickel Clad
    PCGS #530169 2014-P 50C Silver 50th Anniversary Set, DC PR > Half Dollars, Kennedy Half Dollar, Type 3, Copper-Nickel Clad
    PCGS #530173 2014-P 50C Silver 50th Anniversary Set First Strike, DC PR > Half Dollars, Kennedy Half Dollar, Type 3, Copper-Nickel Clad
    PCGS #530174 2014-W 50C Reverse Proof 50th Anniversary Set PR > Half Dollars, Kennedy Half Dollar, Type 3, Copper-Nickel Clad
    PCGS #530175 2014-W 50C Reverse Proof 50th Anniversary Set First Strike PR > Half Dollars, Kennedy Half Dollar, Type 3, Copper-Nickel Clad

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't believe PCGS offers a multi coin holder any more. A call to CS could answer your questions.
    For your reference below are the coin numbers taken right off the PCGS population page for FS and non-FS if you are planning to submit your set for grading:

PCGS #530177 2014-S 50C Enhanced - Silver 50th Anniversary Set MS > Half Dollars, Kennedy Half Dollar, Type 3, Copper-Nickel Clad
    PCGS #530178 2014-S 50C Enhanced - Silver 50th Anniversary Set First Strike MS > Half Dollars, Kennedy Half Dollar, Type 3, Copper-Nickel Clad
    PCGS #530179 2014-D 50C Silver 50th Anniversary Set MS > Half Dollars, Kennedy Half Dollar, Type 3, Copper-Nickel Clad
    PCGS #530180 2014-D 50C Silver 50th Anniversary Set First Strike MS > Half Dollars, Kennedy Half Dollar, Type 3, Copper-Nickel Clad
    PCGS #530169 2014-P 50C Silver 50th Anniversary Set, DC PR > Half Dollars, Kennedy Half Dollar, Type 3, Copper-Nickel Clad
    PCGS #530173 2014-P 50C Silver 50th Anniversary Set First Strike, DC PR > Half Dollars, Kennedy Half Dollar, Type 3, Copper-Nickel Clad
    PCGS #530174 2014-W 50C Reverse Proof 50th Anniversary Set PR > Half Dollars, Kennedy Half Dollar, Type 3, Copper-Nickel Clad
    PCGS #530175 2014-W 50C Reverse Proof 50th Anniversary Set First Strike PR > Half Dollars, Kennedy Half Dollar, Type 3, Copper-Nickel Clad >>

Thanks for the info,,,,, I called PCGS yesterday and they said they hadn't deceided what they were going to do yet image

Maybe more changes to come?

I have 5 sets due to arrive Friday via UPS.

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
    I sent 2 of my 5 sets off to PCGS today...regular label.
    I will keep at least 1 set for my personal collection. The set is extremely beautiful and unique to the series.
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I sent 2 of my 5 sets off to PCGS today...regular label.
    I will keep at least 1 set for my personal collection. The set is extremely beautiful and unique to the series. >>

Did you take any pics before sending them in?????!?!?!??!?!
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

<< <i>Did you take any pics before sending them in?????!?!?!??!?! >>

Yes guitarwes Here are some crappy cellphone images:

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't believe PCGS offers a multi coin holder any more. A call to CS could answer your questions.

PCGS #530175 2014-W 50C Reverse Proof 50th Anniversary Set First Strike PR > Half Dollars, Kennedy Half Dollar, Type 3, Copper-Nickel Clad >>

Thanks for the info,,,,, I called PCGS yesterday and they said they hadn't deceided what they were going to do yet image

Maybe more changes to come?

I have 5 sets due to arrive Friday via UPS.

GrandAm image >>

Also, pinned on the home page for several months in the scrolling promo section #5 describes the label options.
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>is the fast shipping a whole new level of competency ? Cynic in me says it's to avoid massive cancellations. I bought 5 sold 4 and mine will cost me $55. A small victory but still a victory IMO. >>

a steady dime is better than a seldom dollarimage
  • How many days now till the flippers start selling at 50 a set? Just then I may buy one. Dont stress it's on it's way...
    It'd be fun to split sell the sets just for fun and to see what could be done outside the current box.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I doubt if there will be any money in flipping these, as I expected, but the mint did a great job getting them out for a change.

• << <i>

<< <i>Did you take any pics before sending them in?????!?!?!??!?! >>

Yes guitarwes Here are some crappy cellphone images:

image >>

Thanks for the images, could not picture these, nice - may get a graded set.
  • TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    I only bought 2 sets
    At least I won't lose as much as I did with the 5 Kennedy Gold proofs image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file