Home U.S. Coin Forum

Gold Kennedy minted to demand (Now 75,000 Limit) - Where does it go from here ?

Comments

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Has anyone responded to the question "where does it go from here ? " , yet ?

Through the roof , like that one coin image >>

No where I would want to be that's for sure.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Two ea. raw for $2050, $1025 ea., seller doesn't appear to be in distress, earlier seller listing was for three raw, seller history has plenty of coins sold, -

$1025 raw

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    selling 2 at a time is harder than selling one, but at least this one is a true auction vs. that suspect ngc70er that went off on a sub-1000 BIN

given a choice to become a amateur flipper turned gold kennedy collector vs. selling at a steep loss.... we may see these things go at true auction for melt.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Denver sales day 1, an interesting video about the extras...

Don't know if this was linked before but it gives an insiders look at these so called extras...what hapened when they arrived, how much they were paid, and how little they knew, plus a scheme, 1 dealer bamboozles the other with the assistance of the US mint...

youtube link
  • FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Rock solid indeed. image

• << <i>

<< <i>Chicago Label/ Bought in DC FS DCAM 70

Here's one with Chicago Label ANA but bought in Washington D.C. I would think the a DC Mint Label would be more desirable than a Chicago ANA Label. JMHO. >>

That whole thing is silly because unless the receipt is stapled to the coin when purchased there is no way to guarantee that the coin graded is the same one purchased in Timbuktoo... >>

Ding....ding...ding... we have a winner. This has got to be the most accurate post on this thread.
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,137 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why are the NGC show labels being punished more when by rights they are more legitimate ? Didn't PCGS let every moe , larry , and shemp submit anything without a receipt?

Or is it not widely known that PCGS didn't require the receipt?
    Possibly more are simply on the market

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>raw $1100

True auctions are few and far between

$1136.11 pcgs 69 with signed COA but without 69 in title >>

the fewer auctions means attention is already waning on the gold kennedy...... not good for prices
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    And the beat goes on--------
  • jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just picked up an ANA NGC PR70 for $1,375! Seller only has a few feedback though, which might have kept the price down. Here's hoping he ships!
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This PCGS PR70DCAM First Strike just closed for $1401: 2014 Gold Kennedy
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What is the Mint waiting for? Hasn't it been 2 weeks where the returns are greater than sales and yet they keep it open for sale? Just reinforces my opinion that the federal govt is slow and dumb. I feel certain that if they would halt sales then the returns would dry up fast. >>

If you think there's any chance the mint will stop selling these before the silver sets go on sale, y'all need to retake Marketing 101...

The Mint stated they'd have all three sets for sale. Which means they're going to have all three sets for sale. I suspect there will be an uptick in gold sales from those who don't know these coins exists until the silver set gets some exposure.

<< <i>

<< <i>I am puzzled by the returns……….
    >>

period >>

Not puzzled. (And how do you know they're returns and not cancels?)

Anyone who knows how the mint operates, would have known the price was going to go down $37.50. (Gold tanked below $1250 on Wednesday, Sept 10. It slid another $20 to $1230 by Sept 12. Gold would have had to rally to about $1260+ for the rest of the week not to have a price drop. (Fat chance on that...) If I had ordered and could cancel, I would have cancelled and reordered when the coin was repriced. Even if I got the coin in that time frame, I would have returned it and reordered.)
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    Ok...I think I need another coffee...the last post visible on this thread is from 5 days ago (yeah, right) and the list says the last one was 2 hours ago (that makes sense)

Wha?image
    ...and after my above post they magically all appeared
  • FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why are the NGC show labels being punished more when by rights they are more legitimate ? Didn't PCGS let every moe , larry , and shemp submit anything without a receipt?

Or is it not widely known that PCGS didn't require the receipt? >>

I think it's been obvious to most observers that buyers of these labels are not well rooted in reality. image

<< <i>I am puzzled by the returns over two weeks since you have 1 week to return

Perhaps they just went off BO.

I will guess next week will see a slight uptick is sales.

My clad number was too low.

Next week's guess
    Gold +150
    Clad +1750 >>

Close!

New numbers are out:

9/21...2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY UNC CLAD SET....131,694 That's +1,708 over last week.
    9/21...2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY GOLD COIN...........63,567 That's +183 over last week.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting for my clad sets...b/o status of 9/26. Ordered 8/9.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OPA,

This page was not showing up for me. had to change from page 88 to page 89 to see this page.

I got back it collecting from 2010 - 2013 because of the birth of my two grandchildren. I purchased many coins from these years

in PR70 to put away for them. I started losing interest again this year and the greed and BS surrounding the gold Kennedy coin killed my interest.

I will go back to being on the sidelines for now and do not antcipate any further purchases other than my PR70 silver national park quarters set.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

<< <i>OPA,

This page was not showing up for me. had to change from page 88 to page 89 to see this page.

I got back it collecting from 2010 - 2013 because of the birth of my two grandchildren. I purchased many coins from these years

in PR70 to put away for them. I started losing interest again this year and the greed and BS surrounding the gold Kennedy coin killed my interest.

I will go back to being on the sidelines for now and do not antcipate any further purchases other than my PR70 silver national park quarters set. >>

"Just when you think you are out, they'll pull you back in."image
  • dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭

<< <i>Why are the NGC show labels being punished more when by rights they are more legitimate ? Didn't PCGS let every moe , larry , and shemp submit anything without a receipt?

Apparently it is not widely known that the PCGS show label means graded at that show. Not sold at that show, but graded at that show. They were very clear from day 1 what that meant. Receipts can be easily forged
    Latest Sales Numbers:

K14 - 2 Coin Set
    7/27 - 84,593
    8/3 - 97,655 +13,062
    8/10 - 112,134 +14,479
    8/17 - 116,937 +4,803
    8/25 - 120,708 +3,771
    8/31 - 124, 887 +4179
    9/7 - 127,749 +2862
    9/14 - 129,986 +2237
    9/21 - 131,694 +1708

K15 - Gold
    8/10 - 62,341
    9/17 - 63,521 +1,180
    8/25 - 63,388 -133
    8/31 - 64,305 +917
    9/7 - 63,927 -378
    9/14 - 63,384 -543
    9/21 - 63,567 +183

Still not back to max sales figure. Returned coins taking their toll.
    Next week
    Clad +900
    Gold +25

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not so many....ordering is blacked out till Oct 1st @ noon. Your numbers could be for this and next weeks partial weeks combined and shown as through October 5th. Watch for the posting on the 7th but I'll bet it will be delayed.

• ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $1376 for a FS PCGS 70. These are heading lower. And lower.................. $1376
    Still no clad 70's. Maybe that's how they are special and got the "SP" designation

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$1376 for a FS PCGS 70. These are heading lower. And lower.................. $1376 >>

I see on of the big ANA Show dealer sitters is buying the 2014 Gold Kennedys

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for some reason I can't see the past week's worth of posts; I've heard that replying makes them magically appear, when that happens.. we'll see.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well that's very odd, this is the last post that appears for me:

Monday September 22, 2014 5:24 AM

<< Why are the NGC show labels being punished more when by rights they are more legitimate ? Didn't PCGS let every moe , larry , and shemp submit anything without a receipt?

I think it's been obvious to most observers that buyers of these labels are not well rooted in reality.

-------------------------

No other thread seems to be affected by this odd phenomenon

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

This is a continuing problem. When it happens just look in the address bar of your browser and change the number at the end up one count. Like this page is 90 but clicking on "last" to see the latest posts like usual it only takes you to page 89. Just change the 89 to 90.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy on the dip….
    …. or trade for something nicer.
    I never cared for LINES though stacking's good advice, sir.
    ….
    But a flip is a flip, and there's money to be made
    And any dealer smart enough can play the hand that's played.
    Where this particular coin might go will not define the hobby
    Most of us just sit around eating hot dogs in the lobby.

Of all the presidents I've known, Kennedy's been my favorite
    But there are plenty minted , made of gold, that right now it's tough to savor it. image

HE>I

• Picked up a PCGS PR69 FS FOR $138 over melt. I don't think there has been a more negative issue than this coin. I'm betting things turn around when the dust settles.
    How 70 pops are so high

Paying for min grade 70 on the sub form

<< <i>This is a continuing problem. When it happens just look in the address bar of your browser and change the number at the end up one count. Like this page is 90 but clicking on "last" to see the latest posts like usual it only takes you to page 89. Just change the 89 to 90. >>

Except those who don't know how to get to page 90 will never see this message. image

Maybe you should rename this thread: "GOLD KENNEDY - ADD ONE TO THE PAGE NUMBER IN THE ADDRESS BAR TO SEE THE LATEST POSTS". image

<< <i>

<< <i>This is a continuing problem. When it happens just look in the address bar of your browser and change the number at the end up one count. Like this page is 90 but clicking on "last" to see the latest posts like usual it only takes you to page 89. Just change the 89 to 90. >>

Except those who don't know how to get to page 90 will never see this message. image

Maybe you should rename this thread: "GOLD KENNEDY - ADD ONE TO THE PAGE NUMBER IN THE ADDRESS BAR TO SEE THE LATEST POSTS". image >>

Good one Backroad. My thought exactly. That's why I PM'd him with the "how to". And it has been described on a few of the back 6 pages

New numbers:

9/28/2014...2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY UNC CLAD SET...132,745 That's +1,051 over last week.
    9/28/2014...2014 KENNEDY ANNIVERSARY GOLD COIN..........63,757 That's +190 over last week.
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Quick count of last two ebay completed sales pages for "2014 gold Kennedy" -

It's 1 : 2

Sold - 30

Not Sold - 61

Prices seem to be $1300 avg for NGC 70, PCGS 70 about $1500 excluding ANA show labels. WITH ALOT OF VARIATION.

What's really weird is raw coin purchases on ebay for $1300 when you can get them from the mint next week for $1204?
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $1202.50 from the Mint as I type this. Weren't these as high as $1290 at one point?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

$1037 raw

Seems spot is falling faster right now

<< <i>$4049.99 raw >>

I have serious doubts that the seller will let those 5 go for the winning bid.
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OUCH......$800 EACH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Below melt......image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file