Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Gold Kennedy minted to demand (Now 75,000 Limit) - Where does it go from here ?

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,488 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    14!

Post count and page count are way off

Manually edit the pages to the next one if posts are not showing (new page not properly accounted for)
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has to be something hard to fix cuz they were told about it over a month ago and it still persists.

• Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So buy the label and not the coin? That's what your saying? >>

Since you are grasping for straws, i'm not even going to respond.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So buy the label and not the coin? That's what your saying? >>

Since you are grasping for straws, i'm not even going to respond. >>

Just tryin to prove that a fool and...... you get the point!
  • Options
    No matter how much lipstick you put on this pig.....it's still a pig.
  • Options

<< <i>Just tryin to prove that a fool and...... you get the point! >>

So you are suggesting that PCGS graded 70 moderns don't bring a premium over 69 graded coins -

and FS (First Strike) doesn't bring a premium either? Remember, I am not suggesting that "show labels" should be chased at all.

If you believe the generic modern 70 does not sell for more than its counterpart 69, or FS does not bring a premium - you might want to revisit the countless auctions that disprove your point.

Obviously, this hobby is not for you.

<< <i>No matter how much lipstick you put on this pig.....it's still a pig. >>

Its quite evident you don't like the coin. So don't buy any. Don't hold any.
  • Options
    I post the UHR thread doom and gloomer outlook once more for interested parties......sound familiar? Wow.

Just like the Kennedy Gold. Unlimited mintage. Mintage too high. Flood for sale. Rather buy classic. Too small. It will never be worth more/no premium. Can spend over/would rather buy for melt.

LESSON LEARNED: Opposite the forum view usually results in profits image

<< The best thing that I did was cancel my order after all the hoopla and after seeing some pictures and two in hand. The coins all had problem area's or scratch marks(wire brush type). Now after looking at these. I found that I really don't need one. That $1189 will go towards a real Saint. >>

<< Considering virtually the entire mintage will remain uncirculated for at least the rest of our lifetime, the idea of rarity kinda goes out the window. Same could be said considering the expanding pop of choice and gem common date "real" saints... why not go for a much less common '11-'14 Philly in 64 or so? It's more a numismatic choice then than simply a bullion coin like a choice common date saint or a UHR. >>

<< There seems to be a plethora of these for sale on the BST. I thought that this was going to be THE hot item of 2009. >>

<< overpriced, too small, not for me.... >>

<< << I would LOVE to own one but I just can't justify the $300 PLUS premium over melt. >>....Patience >>

<< I love it, too, though I'd be very surprised if it ever developed much of a premium. >>
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone have the GreySheet bid on the gold Kennedy ?
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $1,500 Hammer
    PR70DCAMFS

Things are turning around?? image
  • Options
    Where's my last post?

This thread is haunted.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are 16,000 posts in the thread cut it some slack.

8000 of them are from 7over8 defending the coin 8000 are from haters and a further 10,000 are dupes that don't count in the total

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Push...
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    the heavy...
  • Options
    Thread...
  • Options
    Uphill...
  • Options
    Done.
  • Options
    Tired.
  • Options
    Gold.
  • Options
    Any predictions for Tuesday's numbers?

Clad +750
    Gold -400

• Options
    no one with NGC pops?

• Options
    This thread needs to be re-started
  • Options
    This post or the post before made it page 84

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    I saw a bag of Gold Kennedys yesterday in Meijers. They weren't showing much detail but the price was right - about
    $3.50 for a dozen or so. Might have been tasty but I passed.

Those considering Gold or Silver Kennedys for the Grandkids might be better off buying the Gold Chocolate
    Kennedys. I think the kids will be happier .
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There are 16,000 posts in the thread cut it some slack.

8000 of them are from 7over8 defending the coin 8000 are from haters and a further 10,000 are dupes that don't count in the total

image >>

That's 1600 posts.

eBay auctions closing tonight showed a bit of strength. Perhaps the bottom is in........image
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So you are suggesting that PCGS graded 70 moderns don't bring a premium over 69 graded coins -

and FS (First Strike) doesn't bring a premium either? >>

70's usually bring a premium.
    First Strike 70's usually bring a premium.
    First Strike 69's and below usually bring little or no premium over non-First Strikes.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

<< <i>no one with NGC pops? >>

NGC Pops

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>no one with NGC pops? >>

NGC Pops >>

Link not woikin
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the page is stuck, to see what has been posted look for the web page info:

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=922054&STARTPAGE=84

change the number at the end to the next page and send. ( change the 84 to 85 ) This will take you to the next page.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

• Options
    Copy and paste the following URL. The linky thing is not working for me

http:www.ngccoin.com/NGCCoinExplorer/CoinDetail.aspx?CoinID=824312#
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone have the GreySheet bid on the gold Kennedy ? >>

ebay is the new wholesale. I don't think the grey sheet carries much more than 3/4s of an ounce value. "
    Grey sheet is the new retail.
  • Options
    I'm taking a contrarian view with all negativity and just pulled a trigger on PCGS PR70 FS at $1500 ( even $30 less with eBay bucks). All in all its a graat looking coin in hand and I think at this price it has little downside but more upside potential. Time will tell
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    After reading much of this thread, MsMorrisine should follow the advice of his avatar - "Don't drink the Kool-aid!"image
    Paul
  • Options

<< <i>After reading much of this thread, MsMorrisine should follow the advice of his avatar - "Don't drink the Kool-aid!"image >>

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>After reading much of this thread, MsMorrisine should follow the advice of his avatar - "Don't drink the Kool-aid!"image >>

The advice of his avatar is actually "Drink the Koolaid OH YEAH!!!!!! "
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭
    $1300 + juice for 70DCAM. A new low? GC
  • Options

<< <i>$1300 + juice for 70DCAM. A new low? GC >>

($1,430.01 with Buyer's Fee).

Wow...seller lost money, but the buyer made out ok..eBay auctions are now closing at the $1500 - $1575 range for the same coin. Why leave $$$ on the table with greatcollections? (If you are a top rated seller with an eBay store, your FVF is 6% in addition you'll receive a 20% credit of the FVF.)image
  • Options
    Stuck
  • Options
    still stuck
  • Options
    Not movin.............
  • Options
    are u unstuck now?
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    What's down with Gold lately? Every one grab a chute looks like this ship is heading down. Every body bail.

• Options

<< <i>

The advice of his avatar is actually "Drink the Koolaid OH YEAH!!!!!! " >>

I blew the call on the HOF and blew the call twice on this one

It has outsold the RP Buff but is ebay cold.

Yes, many times in many threads, including this one, I can be reminded of my avatar.

This is the type of stuff I collect though. I'd have my 2 no matter ebay hot or not.

• Options

<< <i>What's down with Gold lately? Every one grab a chute looks like this ship is heading down. Every body bail.

image >>

We could see $225 gold again.

It seems few are concerned about unpayable debt.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    It seems the Fed will backstop the stock market now. It will not let it fall no more than 1000 points since they have stealthy bought up a stake of the DOW most likely. Maybe a reason why gold is headed downward. Perception at all costs is better than reality for the FED.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A cursory glance at the Price Guide indicates that the Gold Kennedy has done nothing to promote interest in the Kennedy Half Series (thus far, anyhow). So much for any stimulation of the coin collector market. This puts the Gold Kennedy into a class of Premium Gold Moderns including the UHR, the Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo and Reverse Proof AGE, in my opinion. The Mint is still testing the market for various exotic finishes such as the Enhanced Uncirculated Finish on the ASEs, so it looks like a new special finish gold coin will add to this trend of Premium Gold Moderns in the future, possibly for the 2015 Pan Pac coins. (Just my speculation at this time.)

In terms of price performance, I think that the jury is still out on all of these special issue/special finish gold coins but it seems that the most popular of these is the UHR, which brings back a nostalgic era particularly for coin collectors and not so much for the general public. This is especially true considering that the 2006-W Reverse Proof AGE had a limited mintage of 9,996 vs. 109,000 for the UHR.

If the economy doesn't get much worse and the gold market continues as it has been, the Gold Kennedy sales curve does seem to be tracking about the same as the UHR. The sales curve may be similar, but the ultimate "end user" audience may be completely different for the Gold Kennedy than for the UHR. I would still expect a broader market consisting more so of the general public for the Gold Kennedys to develop over time than for the UHR coins. Maybe. Maybe not. We shall see.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Is someone messing with us who say it won't go for melt?

A BIN at melt

And a 70

It is obviously an outlier. It is not representative of the market.

But one sold at melt. NGC 70 ER $955.75

I was wrong. Someone was desperate enough to sell way below market.

• Options
    $1300 and change

The low end of the market

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file