Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Gold Kennedy minted to demand (Now 75,000 Limit) - Where does it go from here ?

Comments

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Help, I'm stuck in thread pergatory and can't get out!image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭
    Thread stuck again
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thread stuck again >>

I think administrator giving message to close up thread and move on.. image
  • Options

<< <i>

I think administrator giving message to close up thread and move on.. image >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I think administrator giving message to close up thread and move on.. image >>

image >>

I SAID STICK A FORK IN IT. IT'S DONE AT 1,000 POSTS.

TIME TO KILL THIS ONE AND MOVE ON
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To get to the next page when it won't load like it should look at the address window in your browser and change the page from 77 to 78 or what ever the page number you want to go to manually cuz it's stuck.

But please report the problem to CS so they do something to clear up the problem. One report doesn't seem to cause much action. 20 reports may spur a fix. Maybe?

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,970 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That is a superb image of a sweet gold coin, Bully.

Thanks! >>

Thanks Phil, Miles. image
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Cooler heads wait for sales to end.

PR70 FS will recover to the 1700-1800 range.

Sell now, lose big $$.

Wait, let the weak hands unload, prices will recover.

Interesting how forumites carried on about the UHR and about "buying it at melt soon". "Unload while you still can" "its over" etc.

I don't think so.

• Options

<< <i>Cooler heads wait for sales to end.

Sell now, lose big $$.

Wait, let the weak hands unload, prices will recover. >>

PCGS slabbed versions will command much higher premiums.

edited to add: the PCGS First Strike cutoff just closed on Sept 3rd.....the next wave of Non FS coins will push the FS coins back to where they belong.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Sell now, lose big $$.

PCGS slabbed versions will command much higher premiums. >>

Whether you buy into the modern 70 grade paradigm , it seems as though it sort of requires that 70's be significantly rarer than the lower grades.

It seems like something went wrong to me image If 70's outnumber 69's then they deserve no premium whatsoever
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That is a superb image of a sweet gold coin, Bully.

Thanks! >>

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    FS cutoff means nothing with this issue. Look at the 70/69 ratio /pop report and know that up to 40, 000 plus of these could be in hand already with a large number still sealed. Mint starting sshipping in 9 days. Way to many could be FS eligible to command big money if one looks at the numbers.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sealed boxes still available

Still unsold

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>FS cutoff means nothing with this issue. Look at the 70/69 ratio /pop report and know that up to 40, 000 plus of these could be in hand already with a large number still sealed. Mint starting sshipping in 9 days. Way to many could be FS eligible to command big money if one looks at the numbers. >>

But not nearly that many

Relatively few are on ebay and the BST
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Sell now, lose big $$.

PCGS slabbed versions will command much higher premiums. >>

Whether you buy into the modern 70 grade paradigm , it seems as though it sort of requires that 70's be significantly rarer than the lower grades.

It seems like something went wrong to me image If 70's outnumber 69's then they deserve no premium whatsoever >>

What I believe is that if a coin is a 70, give it a 70.

If the mint handles coins well enough, then 70s can out number even the sum of the lower grades.

What that does to prices or perceived desirability, I don't care.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    As of today...........

• Options
    Previously:

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>pcgs 70FS $1475 >>

NGC PF 70..FIRST RELEASE

$1,333

RAW $1199 + FREE S&H
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Pops as of 9/11/14.....let the non first strike pops begin.
    18 PR68's
    Big jump in 69's

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    There are tons of these coins out there,

I am surprised that more people did not cancel or send them back with a thank you but no thank you attached.

This will never be a valuable coin unless the price of gold goes up high enough for them to be melted to cover the cost.

If they had a mass melt then maybe those that hold them might make a profit on them.

Glad I don't own any!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>pcgs 70FS $1475 >>

NGC PF 70..FIRST RELEASE

$1,333

RAW $1199 + FREE S&H >>

1278.33 was lowest NGC 70 I've seen

• Options

<< <i>FS cutoff means nothing with this issue. Look at the 70/69 ratio /pop report and know that up to 40, 000 plus of these could be in hand already with a large number still sealed. Mint starting sshipping in 9 days. Way to many could be FS eligible to command big money if one looks at the numbers. >>

Here's where your logic falls apart.

FS will be very meaningful with this issue.
  • Options
    Big jump in 69's
    The faucet is being closed
  • Options

<< <i>

Here's where your logic falls apart.

FS will be very meaningful with this issue. >>

Tell that to all the people getting BURNT now... put the glue down....messing with your thought process. ..jk
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    People getting burnt now have either weak hands or are dealers that can absorb the loss.

Selling in a flood is akin to buying a ticket on the Titanic. If they are getting burnt and I'm sure some are then they shouldn't play with matches.

As far as Big jump, and before anybody chimes in talking about a store and seller discounts this figure is for non-store sellers with no discounts the

break even # on these is

$1,525.00

So I'm curious about what is meant by Big Jump?
  • Options
    big jump in 69s on the pop report

• Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>big jump in 69s on the pop report >>

Oh, that makes sense I thought he was referring to the prices. I get it, he meant the 70 faucet...Thanks...
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "WHERE DOES IT GO FROM HERE"? You ask????

Well if you paid $100,000 for the 1st coin sold then you need The official pen that MAY have been used to fill out that submission form.

PCGS Pen sold for $500. imageimageimageimageimage

PCGS Pen

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    one place the plentiful 70s and NGCs show the hurt

$1176 ANA 69 ngc

• Options
  • Options
    $1143.33 NGC 68 ER

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $1075 with OGP and free shipping.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options

<< <i>It seems like something went wrong to me If 70's outnumber 69's then they deserve no premium whatsoever >>

Hmmmmm. Do the below pops indicate a "no premium" coin as well? Given your logic, the $20 UHR in 70FS should have no premium?

67 68 69 70 Total
    407405 2009 $20 Ultra High Relief Double Eagle - First Strike MS + 1 5 809 1,698 2,513

<< <i>Tell that to all the people getting BURNT now... put the glue down....messing with your thought process. ..jk >>

Well, if you have weak hands you will sell into this free fall and get burnt - as someone mentioned "buying a ticket on the Titanic".

It does help if you think before you post. A historical reference on how the market perceives a modern dictates how it will perform or what benchmarks it should be measured against. No one has a crystal ball, but if you've been around the block a few times, you can judge these issues pretty well (except for those hard headed folks who are still waiting to buy the UHR for melt).

One thing we see in the latest pop report for this Gold Kennedy coin-- The faucet is closing. Get your 70 at a fire sale price. You'll be glad you did in 6 months time.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A roll of these will be cool to own.
  • Options

<< <i>The faucet is closing. Get your 70 at a fire sale price. You'll be glad you did in 6 months time. >>

As the 70 pops continue to increase weekly, what makes you think that? Do you have a personal vested interest in making such a statement?
    I believe, unless gold makes a 190 degree turn around, that this series will continue to be under pressure.

(disclaimer)I do not collect the Kennedy halves, but will need to add the rev. silver proof when issued to maintain my rev. proof FS 70 collection.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to know what the evidence is for the assertion that "strong hands" will do well to hold on to these coins in FS70 (or whatever designation slab floats peoples' boats)? I can't say as I know the opposite, but I think with the overwhelming numbers of US Mint issues which do not even include the upcoming 2015 issues that interest to secondary buyers will be quite diluted. I admit to it being a guess, but that if the end buyer is a collector that he/she ALREADY has their coin in hand - as it should probably be unless one has a stake in these coins.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    drfishdrfish Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    "Big jump in 69's". Guess the big dealers submissions are mostly done, so time to balance out the pops with the collectors submissions.
  • Options

<< <i> Well, if you have weak hands you will sell into this free fall and get burnt - as someone mentioned "buying a ticket on the Titanic". >>

7 o 8.. You are "blowing smoke" with that comment... Some of the biggest sellers on eBay are involved in selling this product . Unlikely that they are doing so because of "weak hands." Or are they trying to limit their exposure because of potential further declines?
  • Options

<< <i>"Big jump in 69's". Guess the big dealers submissions are mostly done, so time to balance out the pops with the collectors submissions. >>

I am sure a number of bulk submitters said not to slab the 69's and returned them to their OGP to dump on the unsuspecting public.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to post to the slowest and most choked thread of all forum time...
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    Pops as of 9/12/14
    69:70 ratio is definitely tightening.

Previously..................

Previous to above

Was 3 70's to one 69 FS
    now 2.35 70's to one 69 FS
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> Well, if you have weak hands you will sell into this free fall and get burnt - as someone mentioned "buying a ticket on the Titanic". >>

7 o 8.. You are "blowing smoke" with that comment... Some of the biggest sellers on eBay are involved in selling this product . Unlikely that they are doing so because of "weak hands." Or are they trying to limit their exposure because of potential further declines? >>

I think that actually depends on your definition of "weak hands". I agree with you that some of the biggest sellers on ebay are doing these right now, but I also see that many of them are also ones that don't hold any issue for long. They strike and make money or lose some, but they limit their exposure and time held. Even if they were still going up and up, they would be selling for whatever the market would bring. They are not long term holders.

My, personal, definition of "weak hands" are those that don't keep issues for any real period of time (ie...weeks/months) for any reason. Not just recovery of funds/resources.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no 70's in the clad 2 coin set either P or D

• Options

<< <i>As the 70 pops continue to increase weekly, what makes you think that? Do you have a personal vested interest in making such a statement? >>

I guess you haven't looked at the latest pop reports before writing your comment. 69's are gaining very rapidly, many more being made in the last two pop updates than 70's.

And to answer your question....I don't have a vested interest, unlike others on this forum.

<< <i>7 o 8.. You are "blowing smoke" with that comment... Some of the biggest sellers on eBay are involved in selling this product >>

When I say weak hands - please follow, but I guess I have to be more exact with my comments. OBVIOUSLY, big dealers on ebay will be selling throughout the ups and downs, as they are just turning money - make money early, give some back now, and probably make money later. They all hope they turn up net positive at th end of the day.

However, the weak hands I refer to - are the uneducated coin buyers....coin flippers, the ones that must sell to cover their bills that have come in......who i'm sure number in the hundreds and hundreds that are dumping on ebay (because they have no clue how the market actually works, or no clue on how to market these other than online).

<< <i>"Big jump in 69's". Guess the big dealers submissions are mostly done, so time to balance out the pops with the collectors submissions >>

This is by far the most intelligent statement made and is right on the money. The faucet is closing. Read between the lines.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The deflated price of gold and unlimited mintage will do nothing other than hurt this coin.

The presumptuous advice being handed out here on this thread is just that. Good for entertainment purposes only.

Unless of course, you are entertained by gambling.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

<< <i>The presumptuous advice being handed out here on this thread is just that. Good for entertainment purposes only. >>

Everyone has an opinion - this is true.

Will the falling price of gold help - absolutely not. But hold on a minute - gold is not in a freefall, at least not yet.

This coin is following the UHR track, anyone who doesn't see it needs to go back and take a look at the UHR trend. Very similar. Although as much as I say it, some forumites just ignore it.

Like I said before, generally if you bet opposite the trend on this forum, you should turn out OK.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just received my replacement today, much better than the one I returned. Don't care about labels or pop reports, staying in the OGP.

imageimage
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file