Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mid May silver orders moved to mid June. June 21 gold orders moved to June 30.

It will be awhile before coins are shipped!!!!imageimageimage >>

Welcome to the chaotic, unpredictable and unlovable Mint!

Your wait can start now...or later...or sometime soon...or....
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭
    2014 BASEBALL HOF SILVER UNC 1 $47.95 $47.95 1 unit shipped on 05/06/2014 Today

Is this eligible for 1st strike??
  • JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    goldengirl,
    as long as you leave the shipping box sealed, it wil be FS eligible.
  • goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭

<< <i>goldengirl,
    as long as you leave the shipping box sealed, it wil be FS eligible. >>

OK JaLP Thank you for the info...
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    June 30th !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Must have another inventory coming up.
  • spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    I ordered mine 2 days and also some 1 week after first day. My shipping dates are now late July and mid August.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭
    Gold proof raw in hand went for $1195.00 today on ebay.

Gold Proof

So 70s in the $1500s. Raws in the $1200s perhaps. Seems to pushing upwards not downward in price.
  • agentjim007agentjim007 Posts: 6,256
    My silver went to 9/4 but my waiting list gold went from 7/17 to 5/21.
  • kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got a PCGS MS70 half on eBay for $163 for my registry set. In hand the coin looks great! Now I want the proof 'cause I know the lettering looks better with the contrast. I finally had something cool to show my uber-classic commem collector coworker. Even he was pretty impressed.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just checked on an order for a proof $1 ordered just before the waiting list and ship date was moved to 09/04/2014.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • rodzmrodzm Posts: 675

<< <i>I just checked on an order for a proof $1 ordered just before the waiting list and ship date was moved to 09/04/2014. >>

Well FWIW I ordered a proof a day after they went on waitlist and mine says:

3 units backordered. Expected to ship on 08/21/2014.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This truly is turning into a joke. The US Mint is lost sight of its mission which is to sell and deliver coins to US Collectors. Shame on them and shame on us for putting up with it.
  • PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Plenty of HOF coins on Ebay...get them while you can......
  • BurnieBurnie Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    Just checked silver orders again. They had been changed to 8/21 for proofs and and 8/14 for Unc earlier today. Now the orders are all back to 5/21 as they had been at the start of the day... I have never had order dates that change so much. I know we will get them when we get them, but why on earth is the Mint messing with dates so frequently???
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My shipping dates have been all over the place today, from May to August, but now are back where they were yesterday. Mint must have a computer issue.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • VirginiaCollectorVirginiaCollector Posts: 215 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My shipping dates have been all over the place today, from May to August, but now are back where they were yesterday. Mint must have a computer issue. >>

…and don't those dates that are "back where they were yesterday" look soooo good now??

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I cancelled all my pre-sales and will not do any more until the mint says they are shipped.
  • bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭
    Better keep an eye on credit card expirations registered with the Mint at this rate !

Wouldn't that just be the icing on the cake !
    And I ain't lying this time.
    With yesterday's game of "Move the Date" played at the mint, my proof silver went from 6/21 to 8/24 and then
    settled at 8/21….so far….gotta admit that I look every day to see any changes…entertainment without a price.

OT, but here's my latest WTF at the Mint :

Product Name Quantity Price
    (each) Total Item Status Cancel

SILVER PROOF SET SUBSCRIPTION - QTY 5 1 $0.00 $0.00 1 unit shipped on 05/01/2014
    SILVER PROOF SET SUBSCRIPTION - QTY 2 1 $0.00 $0.00 1 unit shipped on 05/01/2014

My C/C has NOT been charged, not even pending….maybe I won the giveaway image

Or it's just another Mint plot and they haven't really even been shipped (no tracking number) image
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>SILVER PROOF SET SUBSCRIPTION - QTY 5 1 $0.00 $0.00 1 unit shipped on 05/01/2014
    SILVER PROOF SET SUBSCRIPTION - QTY 2 1 $0.00 $0.00 1 unit shipped on 05/01/2014

Or it's just another Mint plot and they haven't really even been shipped (no tracking number) image >>

They haven't charge my CC either, but I do have a FedEx Smartpost tracking number for my Silver Proof sets.

In other news, a bunch of my silver HOF dollars were moved back to August.

I still have a clad proof for 4/10 delivery.

My HOF Gold Proof was moved up two weeks to June from July 7. I'm still not holding my breath. image

And on another tangent, did anyone who didn't have a subscription for the 5oz ATB Smoky Mountain get it before the FS/ER cut-off date? (Not that I'd have it graded, but I just noticed mine won't be shipped until 5/15, with PCGS and NGC cutoff dates of 5/13...) Just curious...

<< <i>Just checked silver orders again. They had been changed to 8/21 for proofs and and 8/14 for Unc earlier today. Now the orders are all back to 5/21 as they had been at the start of the day... I have never had order dates that change so much. I know we will get them when we get them, but why on earth is the Mint messing with dates so frequently??? >>

Once again, from the Mint's web page:

<< <i>· About Changing Shipping Dates: We are experiencing technical difficulties with the part of our system that displays the expected ship date for your order, causing the dates to move incorrectly. Please be assured that orders are being fulfilled according to our standard policy. This issue will have no impact on the actual shipping dates. Thank you for your patience as we work toward a solution >>

IIRC, Novitex is supposed to get a major software upgrade sometime this year. Maybe it'll get fixed...
    A few of my orders have moved up and down from yesterdays dates.

I just wish they would tell us the truth so we would know what to expect.

Is that too much to ask?

<< <i>

<< <i>Just checked silver orders again. They had been changed to 8/21 for proofs and and 8/14 for Unc earlier today. Now the orders are all back to 5/21 as they had been at the start of the day... I have never had order dates that change so much. I know we will get them when we get them, but why on earth is the Mint messing with dates so frequently??? >>

Once again, from the Mint's web page:

<< <i>· About Changing Shipping Dates: We are experiencing technical difficulties with the part of our system that displays the expected ship date for your order, causing the dates to move incorrectly. Please be assured that orders are being fulfilled according to our standard policy. This issue will have no impact on the actual shipping dates. Thank you for your patience as we work toward a solution >>

IIRC, Novitex is supposed to get a major software upgrade sometime this year. Maybe it'll get fixed... >>

Could they tell us the status of where the coins are in the process?

Have they been minted?

Are they in the warehouse yet?

The answer is NO.

They are having technical delays.

The owe us some answers!

<< <i>A few of my orders have moved up and down from yesterdays dates.

I just wish they would tell us the truth so we would know what to expect.

Is that too much to ask? >>

Well, we're talking about the federal government.

Would you like to restate you question? image
  • ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    Here are some thoughts about yesterday's movement in shipping dates:

1. My silver HOF coins went from 5/19 to 8/21 and 9/7. image

2. I believe that I will get them before then but who know? I would be afraid of selling pre-sales because I couldn't guarantee delivery as CASMAN noted earlier.

3. While I hope most, if not all the coins, have been minted by now since the final sales numbers were finalized, there may be significant logistics challenges.

o Since the US Mint was surprised (as we all were) by the demand, did they have enough curved capsules to place the coins after striking?
    o Have they been able to secure all the OGP (boxes, COA, etc.) for packaging and shipping the coins?
    o The HOF coins are being minted at three mints (P, D, W) and have to be shipped to Indianapolis for distribution.

4. This is not to defend the US Mint but it was been entertaining (and nerve wracking) to watch from afar.

5. There will probably be more days like yesterday as the US Mint tries to allocate incoming shipments among a vast number of differing orders.

The best non word to describe the whole thing is SNAFU.
  • pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The best non word to describe the whole thing is SNAFU. >>

"Situation normal, all fouled up."image
    Paul
    Something like that!
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a new high $$$$$ PCGS gold proof PR70 FS $ 1,445

HOF GOLD PROOF

Also current auction at GC for gold proof with bidding up to $ 1,650. How high can these go?
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭
    I ordered one each of the gold at 2:42 on the first day. My ship date is now listed as 6/30.

Nice.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
    My gold were ordered at 1:17 and I also have a 6/30 ship date so what does that tell you?

I think it's not the coins but the packaging that is the problem.
  • bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    Here's a post- I'm primarily a collector, missed the flip opportunity on this one. I did order one each of the Proof and Unc Silver $1 before they sold out (why did I not buy 100?), but when I will finally get them is anyone's guess, I think I got bumped yesterday to August.

I'm a dedicated PCGS guy, and given the option I will pay a little extra for First Strike, as it seems to make the coin move more easily if I end up selling/trading.

So anyway, over the weekend I bought on Great Collections a FS silver $1 in both Proof 69 and MS 69 for roughly $100 each (whenever I get mine they won't be First Strike eligible, and I kind of just wanted to get one in my hands to look at). The coins just arrived in the mail (Great Collections does a really nice job, by the way, and

THE COINS ARE STUNNING!

If anyone is wondering why on earth the prices keep going up, I think it's because when people (not just die-hards) see them, you have to have one. Not just because you collect coins or like baseball, but because it's a heck of a work of art...

Anyway, if anyone is wondering what the hysteria is about, they may want to make sure they get one in hand, and get the reactions of a couple of "straights", they may be surprised. Who knows what the future will bring price wise, but I think these coins may be different....
  • My dates are 6/30 also.. the Mint had changed it like 3 times already!

eBay is the actual proof that either the box supply is the problem or a very limited amount was minted and ready to go!
    The clad half coins will be ready to go 6/21 even before most get their Silver & Gold! much cheaper boxes .. go figure!

I am not sure why the US mint even wastes their time, money and effort to send these coins in cute velvet presentation boxes anyway?
    Don't you think a much more cost effective enclosure would suffice? Even if it was a coin safe plastic gismo they could reduce the overall
    cost and price to all consumers and make shipping even more efficient and timely to the buyers!

Well obviously there is a game being played with these shipments and minting.. I guess that's the curve ball part of the HOF's!
    Telsa is one of the greatest inventors
    of all time! Render to Caesar's what is
    Caesars and give to God what is God's.
    BackroadJunkie ~ no PM available for you so here it is…

Re: the proof sets….your ship date? rec'd yet?

It's been a week from the stated ship date for me (with no tracking) and I have not rec'd them yet...
  • badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    I feel fortunate to have received a couple FS eligible $1 proofs "way back" in April. Order placed on 27 Mar @ 3:43 pm. Shipped 21 Apr.
  • Birthday is a tad under 2 weeks away... so I picked up something for myself last night.

PCGS PR70 DCAM Hall of Fame $1 FS

FS cutoff was yesterday.... how long before we know the final FS numbers? 2 weeks? end of May?
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since sealed boxes from the mint shipped yesterday or before stay eligible for FS forever the final number will never be known. But practically the number will rise to a steady level and increase by 1 or 2 occasionally. The majority of the initial grading rush could be about completed by the end of June or mid July. Just keep watching the population reports.

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>FS cutoff was yesterday.... how long before we know the final FS numbers? 2 weeks? end of May? >>

You'll never really know!
    (Most remain in cardboard boxes these days)

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    PR69 gold: $1,275.00

ebay

<< <i>Birthday is a tad under 2 weeks away... so I picked up something for myself last night.

PCGS PR70 DCAM Hall of Fame $1 FS

FS cutoff was yesterday.... how long before we know the final FS numbers? 2 weeks? end of May? >>

For the Silver $1 Proof:

PCGS PR70 FS POPULATION IS 1,059 AS OF THIS MORNING. Total PCGS PR70 First Strike population including Baltimore & Autograph labels

is over 2,500 already.image

edited to add: The silver pops were going up about 100 a day. Since yesterday a 300 jump. While some are waiting for 1 or two, some are getting

70's by the hundreds. A surge in silver 70's comming into the market. Gold 70';s still appear to be very scarce, however based on past issues over the last

couple of years they also may appear out of the woodwork.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Order Date: 03/27/2014 at 07:03 PM
    2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD PROOF
    1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 06/30/2014.

Order Date: 03/28/2014 at 07:23 PM
    2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD UNC
    1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 07/14/2014.

I'm amazed that I have the same expected ship date for my gold proof order as others who ordered in the first 90 minutes since I ordered much later that first evening.
  • PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Let me make this clear for all you folks that have been agonizing over ship dates....THE DATES SHOWN MEAN NOTHING!!!!!!!!......They will change...they will move up...they will move back.....The dates have NOTHING to do with, when you ordered or how many coins you ordered....they are just random dates...... The ONLY thing that matters is when your coins go "In stock and reserved" ....The First Strike deadline has come and gone!!!!!!........So stop the worrying, stop the crying, just go outside and ENJOY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAME DATES FOR A 3/27 1:05 ORDER
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PR69 gold: $1,275.00

ebay >>

Crazy. Think it's "real"?
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>PR69 gold: $1,275.00

ebay >>

Crazy. Think it's "real"? >>

Don't know. It was a BIN.
  • ChiSaoChiSao Posts: 134
    How hi will these coins go? Current bid at $1368.75 per coin -

Link

Alex
  • JefferyJeffery Posts: 115
    That is crazy. . . for $100 more you could just buy the pr70 coin!

<< <i>Is this a new high $$$$$ PCGS gold proof PR70 FS $ 1,445

HOF GOLD PROOF

Also current auction at GC for gold proof with bidding up to $ 1,650. How high can these go? >>

BUMP
  • smokincoinsmokincoin Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

<< <i>OT, but here's my latest WTF at the Mint :

Product Name Quantity Price
    (each) Total Item Status Cancel

SILVER PROOF SET SUBSCRIPTION - QTY 5 1 $0.00 $0.00 1 unit shipped on 05/01/2014

Or it's just another Mint plot and they haven't really even been shipped (no tracking number) image >>

Looks like you initiated new subscriptions to me. image
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1200. Posts.

The number I stopped my gold buying at.

The number of FS HOF's I wish I had.

My gross monthly income in 1976.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file