Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>1200. Posts.

The number I stopped my gold buying at.

The number of FS HOF's I wish I had.

My gross monthly income in 1976. >>

Miles's in depth analysis is always appreciated and studied by those that want to learn.
  • JefferyJeffery Posts: 115
    I have to say that I would not be supprised to see silver proof $1 reach $150 by the end of the month . . . pending when the mint ships the rest of the coins.

• << <i>I have to say that I would not be supprised to see silver proof $1 reach $150 by the end of the month . . . pending when the mint ships the rest of the coins. >>

I tried to sell a pair of $1 Silver Proof in mint sealed box (received ~4/21) on the BST for $200 to no avail. They may be going for crazy prices on ebay, but not here.

Greg
  • VirginiaCollectorVirginiaCollector Posts: 215 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have to say that I would not be supprised to see silver proof $1 reach $150 by the end of the month . . . pending when the mint ships the rest of the coins. >>

I assume that you're referring to the raw coin as PF70DCAMs are close to $300 each already!
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Just a heads up, and, of course your experience may differ, but, if you try to arrange
    a self P/U at a UPS center (like it states on the back of the UPS notice that you can) they will
    return your order to the US Mint (according to the US Mint). Reason; someone could in theory
    take your notice off your door and use it to arrange a P/U, even though they do not know the tracking
    number and of course wouldn't have the proper ID...

Good for you.
  • 2manycoins2fewfunds2manycoins2fewfunds Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    Wow........

I just noticed my Proof HOF silver dollar order got pushed back to an 8-15-14 ship date!!
  • lccoinslccoins Posts: 24 ✭✭
    As GoldBully noted in his pop report Sunday, PCGS has started slabbing these with Hall of Fame players. These are authentic signatures, not just a "authorized facsimile." If anyone is interested in these, we will have some available next week. We have a good selection of players: Ernie Banks, Dennis Eckersley, Reggie Jackson, Tony LaRussa, Cal Ripken Jr., and Frank Thomas. Like the pop report Sunday which showed Andre Dawson, each player will have their own line in the pop report so you can see exactly how many labels are available for each player/coin type.

If you're interested, you can sign up for pricing and stock notification here:
    https://www.lccoins.com/baseball-hof-commemorative-sign-up.html?

We'll probably have more player options in the future, so if there's a player you'd really like to have sign, let us know.

-Roger @ L&C Coins
    L&C Coins
    www.lccoins.com
    A PCGS Authorized Dealer
    I generally don't watch baseball, unless the Atlanta Braves are playing. That being said a Hank Aaron or Greg Maddux coin would be something I would just have to get. . . but only if it is a real signature. Not sure I buy into the "authorized facsimile" thing.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, the "Basecardization" of coins is complete. The end is near!!!
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Roger @L&amp;C!

I have purchased from your company in the past on ebay and directly and you have always been top notch!

I welcome your input to the forum and hope you post often and even start a heated throw-down once in awhile.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always good to have more input on the forum.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
    The gold prices continue to move higher !!!

GOLD PROOF $1,499.98
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • nagsnags Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, the "Basecardization" of coins is complete. The end is near!!! >>

I was thinking the exact same thing. It completely baffles me why coin people get so caught up in the packaging. I do give credit to the TPG's and the large dealers for their impressive marketing ability to turn coin collectors into label collectors.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>The gold prices continue to move higher !!!

GOLD PROOF $1,499.98 >>

I had a watch on one and it ended I think yesterday at $1775.00

I'd deleted it and don't think it yet appears in completed listings...Quite a bump from 15...
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>The gold prices continue to move higher !!!

GOLD PROOF $1,499.98 >>

I had a watch on one and it ended I think yesterday at $1775.00

I'd deleted it and don't think it yet appears in completed listings...Quite a bump from 15... >>

The 1775 was a MS70.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Good day to everyone. Long time collector and lurker of site. Just curious are the player signature FS offers open to public submission?

Wild guess but since cant find anything on site, answer may be no....
  • lccoinslccoins Posts: 24 ✭✭
    @Jeffery- Maddux is on our wishlist. Since he played for the Braves, Cubs, and Dodgers, he's got great appeal. Hank Aaron is great, of course- I think another dealer will be selling his autographed labels. As a Braves fan, would you have any interest in Tom Glavine?

@MilesWaits- Thanks! Since I'm in charge of our ebay operations, I appreciate hearing that you've been satisfied with our service. What sort of heated throw-down would you like me to start? image

@nags- I think in this case we're talking about more than just packaging. I personally collect Hall of Fame player signed baseballs, so I know the unique value a player signature has. The role TPGs play in the market is to add value to coins. With most labels, it's the designation on the label that's adding value. In this case it's something more. Granted, authentic autographs don't appeal to everyone. But they have wide enough appeal that they can add independent value to the coin their slabbed with.

@Stockman1234- I could be wrong, but my understanding is that PCGS is not offering autograph labels to the general public.

-Roger @L&amp;C
    L&C Coins
    www.lccoins.com
    A PCGS Authorized Dealer
  • mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you're interested, you can sign up for pricing and stock notification here:
    https://www.lccoins.com/baseball-hof-commemorative-sign-up.html? >>

Hi, and welcome to the boards! I signed up for your notification, but if I could request one player, it would be Sandy Koufax. I have his autograph on a 61 Topps that I personally got from him at Dodger Stadium back in the mid 60s (Sandy was always great with kids). I would love a matching one on a label with a proof $1 HOF coin!

P.S. Turn on your PM function in your profile. It will allow you to converse more privately with members rather than posting on the public threads.
  • ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭
    If I want to send my HOF silver for First Strike, how do I prove based on this box label that it was postmarked prior to 5/6? Do you think the hand written notice dates on the bottom right are sufficient? I have tried numerous number combinations to pull up tracking on the USPS website and no luck. The tracking link on my US Mint account doesn't pull up anything either.

Thanks!

• PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If I want to send my HOF silver for First Strike, how do I prove based on this box label that it was postmarked prior to 5/6? Do you think the hand written notice dates on the bottom right are sufficient? I have tried numerous number combinations to pull up tracking on the USPS website and no luck. The tracking link on my US Mint account doesn't pull up anything either.

Thanks!

>>

PCGS works off the info on the invoice sealed inside the carton....
  • ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If I want to send my HOF silver for First Strike, how do I prove based on this box label that it was postmarked prior to 5/6? Do you think the hand written notice dates on the bottom right are sufficient? I have tried numerous number combinations to pull up tracking on the USPS website and no luck. The tracking link on my US Mint account doesn't pull up anything either.

Thanks!

>>

PCGS works off the info on the invoice sealed inside the carton.... >>

Perfect thank you. image
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shipping notification that the Mint sent you will have the tracking number as well as the Mint link that references your order. I usually print off the shipping notice since that tells exactly what is in the box and the date shipped, as proof of contents since the tracking numbers will match.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
    I like Glavine, but thought the other 2 had a wider appeal.
    I thought there was a shipping date printed on the mailing label, date it was shipped out from the mint. All of the packages I have received from the mint so far have had this.
    Pops as of 5/9/14 compared to 5/4/14...........where did the Andre Dawson clad proof half go??
    Fairly big jump in proof and unc. silver dollars.

5/4/14
    5/9/14
    5/4/14
    5/9/14

5/4/14
    5/9/14
    5/4/14
    5/9/14

5/4/14
    5/9/14
    5/4/14
    5/9/14
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you once again Goldbully. I did a spread sheet that shows the running total of MS 69's, MS 70's, PF 69's and PF 70's from week to week since your first population report post. Only regular First Strike, no autograph labels, no Baltimore. It shows the posted numbers and the gain from the last post.

• kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I had a watch on one and it ended I think yesterday at $1775.00

I'd deleted it and don't think it yet appears in completed listings...Quite a bump from 15... >>

<< <i>The 1775 was a MS70. >>

Correct. It was my auction. Higher than I thought it would go when comparing to recent completes. Some were a little higher, while most were a little lower.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Now the mint site is down for routine maintenance until tomorrow morning. Is it going to be good news or just some more of their bs.
    Pops as of 5/9/14 compared to 5/4/14...........where did the Andre Dawson clad proof half go??
    Fairly big jump in proof and unc. silver dollars.

The autographed slabs will hit the market next week. Real population numbers will slowly appear as the big $$$$$$$

are made because of the unknown limited quantities marketing power.
    Typical with the mint their website was supposed to be back in operation at 8am this morning, that changed to 10am, then 12pm, then 2 pm, now its 4 pm.

I hope they have all the correct information in there this time.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭
    Raw Gold is now trending around $1200 and Gold 70s around $1500 or soon will be there. These are looking a lot like the 2001 Silver Buffalos. I would not be surprised if the clads will hit a 500K mintage. The clad coins would be perfect for the signature series. Low cost in the coin, high profit margin for resale with the signature for the dealers.
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    6 PM now...........................................................
    Its back up but I see no changes.
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    it would be nice if the coins could also be slabbed with team logos, that way a Yankee's, Dodger's or Giants fan could get one with the team they like.

<< <i>it would be nice if the coins could also be slabbed with team logos, that way a Yankee's, Dodger's or Giants fan could get one with the team they like. >>

MLB trademark infringement, no dice. But I'll take two Cleveland Indian gold $5's if availableimage
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    PCGS would have to license the logos i agree. Since the Hall of Fame is trying to sell the remaining amount of Half Dollar coins they would probably help getting it done.
  • ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    Goldbully and Kenbegud

Thanks very much for the PCGS population and the analysis of grading which are very helpful to try to understand what is happening in the wild,wild world of HOF coins.

What struck me is the very, very large number of First Strike Cassie McFarland labeled proof (1,710) and unc. (2,018) silver dollars. It raises several questions and thoughts:
    o How does someone get so many HOF silver dollars to have graded and labeled?
    o Are labels and sub labels going to be the differientiators of value, as I asked in a prior post? Autographed labeled coins are selling for 3x-5x the normal cost of graded coins.
    o Is the demand for raw coins more driven by the marketing opportunities to label/sub-label these coins?
    o What is going to be the long term value of these many sub-labeled autographed coins? Are these going to be new metallic baseball cards? Have we seen this movie before?

Just some thoughts.

edited to add graded numbers of proof and unc HOF dollars and for a typo.
    While some are waiting for 1 or two, some are getting 70's by the hundreds.

A surge in silver 70's comming into the market. Gold 70';s still appear to be very scarce, however based on past issues over the last

couple of years they also may appear out of the woodwork. While it appeared no new coins were shipping graded coins were coming

out of the woodwork by the hundreds and hundreds. Somebody was getting shipped a boatload of coins.

• Silver Proof $1s selling for $150 per image List'em if you got'em

4 Sold on the 10th at $149.95 and 4 more flew at $149.95 on the 11th.

How high will they go before the huge flood hits???
    How high will they go before the huge flood hits???

What flood? If you are talking the remainder of 50k gold units is a flood, that's peanuts from my human perch.

• << <i>How high will they go before the huge flood hits???

What flood? If you are talking the remainder of 50k gold units is a flood, that's peanuts from my human perch. >>

Not the Gold... the 400,000 Silver. How high will the Silver Proofs go before the huge flood of $1s are released in Late June or July or August?
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kinda lucked out on this one. I kinda backed up the truck on this one i have 20 Silver $ in the pip now for 1st strike with 10 in 1st strike holders now with 2 PCGS first pitch Silver $ and 2 gold 1st strike, 30 halfs in for grading, 10 Unc going to be shipped on monday we will see if that happens, 70 more Silver $ on back order with 25 gold on back order as well. We will see if and when i get them.

Ya baby keep on going up.....

Hoard the keys.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently the Mint's maintenance this weekend deleted my order history. I can log into my account. All the pertinent info is there, but when I go in and check on my order it's as if I've never ordered anything from the Mint. Ever. I can't check on my order status.

I'm going to stay calm and not say what I think about this ef'd up......
  • ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    No worries Renman, same here. In fact I've seen this a couple times on Saturday or Sunday nights. Off to the noodle shop, PM you when I get back. Zubie
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
    Had this happen to me. I called the mint & they verified my orders were all still ok. (I checked them 1 at a time). Cleared up the next day.

<< <i>How high will they go before the huge flood hits???

What flood? If you are talking the remainder of 50k gold units is a flood, that's peanuts from my human perch. >>

raw gold now selling $ 1,200+ PCGS PR70 FS AND NGC PF70 ER GOLD SELLING $ 1,400+

and talk about going for the gold !!!!!!!

PCGS PR70 FS HOF PLAYER AUTOGRAPHED GOLD ON EBAY FOR $ 5,500 - $ 5,900 BUY IT NOW OR BEST OFFER

<< <i>

<< <i>How high will they go before the huge flood hits???

raw gold now selling $ 1,200+ PCGS PR70 FS AND NGC PF70 ER GOLD SELLING $ 1,400+

and talk about going for the gold !!!!!!!

PCGS PR70 FS HOF PLAYER AUTOGRAPHED GOLD ON EBAY FOR $ 5,500 - $ 5,900 BUY IT NOW OR BEST OFFER

That's one of most pie in the sky asking prices I've ever seen!! A $1500 coin with a $100 autograph does not equal 5k!!! They will NEVER sell!! But hey it's a free country and you can shoot for the stars if you want to!
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭
    Maybe the silver HOF will be similar to Silver Buffalos with a similar mintage. Raw around $180, MS/PF 70 around $350 after 10 years like the silver Buffs. But these HOF coins are getting pressured from coin collectors and baseball card and memorabilia fans also.
  • ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe the silver HOF will be similar to Silver Buffalos with a similar mintage. Raw around $180, MS/PF 70 around $350 after 10 years like the silver Buffs. But these HOF coins are getting pressured from coin collectors and baseball card and memorabilia fans also. >>

In my previous reply to Dr. Fish, we discussed some of the potential similarities in mintage and prices between the 2001 Buffalo Silver Dollars and the HOF Baseball Silver dollars.

I think the question might be asked this way with these thoughts:

o In the future, will the HOF silver dollars trade as coins or collectibles?

oo If as a coin, the value will be based upon the Grade (69/70) and presence/absence of the First Strike/Early Release label.

oo If as a collectible, as ManorCourtman noted, the sky is the limit. It is worth whatever some one will pay for it. Currently these are priced at 3x - 5x the cost of the graded coin without these sub labels. And someone would probably need a catalog for the expanding number of sub-labels with autographs, etc. As noted in my prior post, this may start to resemble metallic baseball cards.

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New numbers, through May 12. Includes total sales (through week 7), diff from last week and percentage increase or decrease over last week.

B31 2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD PROOF 38,996 -24 -0.1%
    B32 2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD UNC 21,932 -9 0.0%
    B33 2014 BASEBALL HOF SILVER PROOF 286,738 -228 -0.1%
    B34 2014 BASEBALL HOF SILVER UNC 150,034 -199 -0.1%
    B35 2014 BASEBALL HOF CLAD PROOF 152,219 7,048 4.9%
    B36 2014 BASEBALL HOF CLAD UNC 91,675 2,445 2.7%

First Strike and Early Release dates have passed, with a negligible amount of cancels.

The chances of getting that gold proof of mine seems to be diminishing... image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file