Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Looking at the silver dollar coins the new listings are all coming in at over $100 now.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what the impact will be to the PCGS bottom line. They are going to lose a lot of First Strike label revenue due to delayed Mint shipping.
    They could make up some excuse to extend the time if they wanted to.
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    the only time I recall that happening was when the UHR release, unrelease, rerelease debacle
    happened, that time only a few coins would have qualified. If they choose to change the rules for this
    coin, they would run the risk of undermining their entire ER/FS enterprise.

(l8-)>>

It sure would not be a good idea and I doubt that they would do it.
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received my Baseball HOF Unc $1 the other day and must say I really like these coins.

Many happy BST transactions

<< <i>I received my Baseball HOF Unc $1 the other day and must say I really like these coins. >>

Thats why the prices are now starting at over $100.
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, I got to this show late, Bully.

I am part of the better late "silver platter" than never crowd.

Good to see some old fashioned (post 2006-2009) Mint-fueled hysteria!
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Is it only me? Every silver order that I have visability over goes slips one day every day. Was May 11, then 13, then 14, etc.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
    That's the mint for you. Everybody is in the same boat.
  • WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received one of the Baseball coins today, the proof version:

The two older coins also arrived today, from another source.

Worry not, I did receive my bag earlier.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Anybody got a ship date for the silver coins before 5/15?

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!! Raw gold proofs are now firmly selling in the $ 900's on ebay.imageimage

I wish I had let my inner flipper out and ordered a boat load when I had the chance.imageimage
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
    I have 10 gold coming whenever they decide to ship them.

They are in single shipments too so I will have little trouble selling them in unopened boxes.

<< <i>Anybody got a ship date for the silver coins before 5/15? >>

No, they most likely have not even minted them yet.

The 4/15 date will most likely not hold either.
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have 10 gold coming whenever they decide to ship them.

They are in single shipments too so I will have little trouble selling them in unopened boxes. >>

I really don't think these (and mine) will ship before FS cutoff...but at least you will be able to actually open the boxes and look at them
  • CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

They are in single shipments too so I will have little trouble selling them in unopened boxes. >>

What purpose is selling them unopened if you receive them after the May 6th First Strike cut off? Either way, you won't have any trouble selling them!
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!! Raw gold proofs are now firmly selling in the $ 900's on ebay.imageimage; >>

Wait until the remaining bunch ship...prices will adjust down....I'm gonna guess $650ish when the dust settles and THEN the slow rise will start ($650 ain't so bad either)

<< <i>

What purpose is selling them unopened if you receive them after the May 6th First Strike cut off? Either way, you won't have any trouble selling them! >>

By selling them unopened buyers will know they have not been cherry picked for 70's.

I don't really care what they look like.

They are just another coin to me.

<< <i>

<< <i>UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!! Raw gold proofs are now firmly selling in the $ 900's on ebay.imageimage; >>

Wait until the remaining bunch ship...prices will adjust down....I'm gonna guess $650ish when the dust settles and THEN the slow rise will start ($650 ain't so bad either) >>

That is why I said unbelievable. PCGS FIRST STRIKE PR70'S were selling around $ 1,000 . The only way from here is down for the raw coins.

Now is the prime time for raw coin sales. My order was in at 12:02 and I received my coins on the 8th. Chickened out and only ordered one of each.

Could have, would have, should have. Oh well !!!!!!!imageimage
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
    My silver and gold orders should be some of the first shipped, when they resume shipping, as the ordering times are early in the 2nd hour of sales.
  • CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if this has already been discussed, but are there any estimates as to the number of dollars initially struck and available on for First Strike status? I received my single proof and unc dollars a week ago, and wasn't planning to have them slabbed, but perhaps I should.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
    Better move quickly as the first strike deadline looms on May 6th and you do not want to miss that.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    My 2 silver proofs were shipped today, I ordered at around 3:15PM.

The UNC is supposed to ship on 5/15 and the gold 6/21.

Good for you.

<< <i>I don't know if this has already been discussed, but are there any estimates as to the number of dollars initially struck and available on for First Strike status? I received my single proof and unc dollars a week ago, and wasn't planning to have them slabbed, but perhaps I should.

Jim >>

It will take some time before a good estimate comes out. The actual number will never be known. It will easily be in the tens of thousands that have

already shipped. The PCGS and NGC Proof 70's are already well over 1,000 combined and the proofs and uncirculated 70's will easily go over 5,000 combined.

I am just estimating the dollar coins here.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    are there special blue boxes for the slabs or is PCGS shipping them without blue boxes?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>are there special blue boxes for the slabs or is PCGS shipping them without blue boxes? >>

post by Coinmaster in another thread:
    Monday April 28, 2014

I received my gold HOF Submission back from PCGS today. The new slabs were delivered in the standard
    blue PCGS boxes, but they will not fit in the slots. So PCGS shippers turned them side ways in the box
    for shipping. I wonder if they will be coming out with new boxes in the future?

Link to the other thread.

TWO RAW PROOF GOLD SALES TONIGHT WERE $ 965 & $ 991.

Six current auctions with bids in the $ 900's already and several buy it now listings now in the $ 1,000 range.

I think we might see our first $ 1,000 raw gold sale tomorrow.image
    And the end of June before any more are released from the mint.
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $1075 for a raw proof last night.

eBay Item #360921811421

1-2014-W GOLD PROOF$5 COIN(B31) NAT BASEBALL HALL OF FAME+COA

Start Time:
    Thursday, 01-May-14 02:52:08 UTC

End Time:
    Thursday, 01-May-14 05:31:03 UTC (0.01 days ago)

Current Bid/Price (USD):
    $ 1,100.00
    Best Offer Enabled

Sold For (USD):
    $ 1,075.00(confirm this price here on eBay) [History]

• ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    Bullsitter

Here's the link
    Raw $5 Baseball Gold sells for $1,075

By the way, another forum member pointed out using www.watchcount.com using the eBay item number to find out best offers.
    I found this very useful.
  • goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭
    Did the Mint raise the price of Hall of Fame Proof & Clad Half-Dollars???
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Did the Mint raise the price of Hall of Fame Proof & Clad Half-Dollars??? >>

No they did not. Welcome, too. The coins sold out on the first day of issue. The subsequent prices are a natural phenomena.

HE>I

• VirginiaCollectorVirginiaCollector Posts: 215 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Did the Mint raise the price of Hall of Fame Proof & Clad Half-Dollars??? >>

No they did not. Welcome, too. The coins sold out on the first day of issue. The subsequent prices are a natural phenomena. >>

NOT accurate….neither of the clad is currently sold out!
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
    The Half Dollars sold out too?? When did that happen? must have missed it, the ones I ordered were only $19.95
    Sorry… I was thinking of the gold. Everytime I read gold bully, it's all I see . image

But I don't think the mint raised prices. At the current price of silver and gold there should be a lowering of price on precious metals. Clad on the other hand, … You know image
    Also curious where dealers are "SETTING" prices. I sold 3 of 10 Silver Proof Dollars for $90 each out of the shop in the OGP. They were "snapped up" at that price so I think maybe I sold them "too low". Just an aside for the world to see.

HE>I

• PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Half Dollars sold out too?? When did that happen? must have missed it, the ones I ordered were only $19.95 >>

$18.95 was the original price.

<< <i>

<< <i>The Half Dollars sold out too?? When did that happen? must have missed it, the ones I ordered were only $19.95 >>

$18.95 was the original price. >>

Strike 3, I'm out.

HE>I

2014 BASEBALL HOF CLAD UNC 1 $18.95 $18.95
    2014 BASEBALL HOF CLAD PROOF 1 $19.95 $19.95

But now they are $22.95 Unc
    and $23.95 for the Proof????

<< <i>2014 BASEBALL HOF CLAD UNC 1 $18.95 $18.95

and $23.95 for the Proof???? >>

Yes...there was an introductory price for a set time period. The gold and silver sold out befor the expiration of that lower price so it was moot. The halves are not sold out so the higher regular price is now in effect for new orders.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pops as of 5/1/14 compared to 4/26/14...........

4/26/14
    5/1/14
    4/26/14
    5/1/14

4/26/14
    5/1/14
    4/26/14
    5/1/14

4/26/14
    5/1/14
    4/26/14
    5/1/14

<< <i>

Yes...there was an introductory price for a set time period. The gold and silver sold out befor the expiration of that lower price so it was moot. The halves are not sold out so the higher regular price is now in effect for new orders. >>

OK thank you Kudbegud I did not see where it said the price would rise after some time I guess there is so much being talked about with these HOF coins I never even thought about the price rising on the Half Dollars...

<< <i>OK thank you Kudbegud I did not see where it said the price would rise after some time I guess there is so much being talked about with these HOF coins I never even thought about the price rising on the Half Dollars... >>

It was on the mint site before they went on sale. If you subscribe to the mint newsletter you can get lots of info. You can always throw it away or unsubscribe.

Thanks again Goldbully. I updated my grid with the new population numbers and a couple new ask prices from a popular board member's shop. He didn't have all the coins listed so I used what he did have...most but not all the silver. No gold or halves so I couldn't update those ask prices.

• JefferyJeffery Posts: 115
    Ok, still very new to this & I know all coins are not like the HOF, but:
    I sold my first raw Gold Proof 3/27/14 for $589 (on ebay). I just sold one 5/1/14 for $945. That is a 60.4% price increase over the first one, and 122.4% increase over purchase price. (The last raw silver proof I sold was for $100, 92.3% over purchase price.)

So my question is does anyone have any reasonable prediction as to how this is going to play out? And mind you, the items I sold above are PRESALEs with delivery dates in June! .. . . . I watched raw gold proof sell for over $1000 and there are PR70 listed for $1200. It seems that the spread is too narrow & something has got to give? (I'm thinking the PR70 will go higher.)
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yes...there was an introductory price for a set time period. The gold and silver sold out befor the expiration of that lower price so it was moot. The halves are not sold out so the higher regular price is now in effect for new orders. >>

OK thank you Kudbegud I did not see where it said the price would rise after some time I guess there is so much being talked about with these HOF coins I never even thought about the price rising on the Half Dollars... >>

The Mint has a policy, to set a lower priced "Introductory Price" good for 30 days, for all Commemorative coins that they issue. You must be a "tenderfoot" with your first Mint Commem. purchase.image BTW, it's been like that for years.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

OK thank you Kudbegud I did not see where it said the price would rise after some time I guess there is so much being talked about with these HOF coins I never even thought about the price rising on the Half Dollars... >>

The Mint has a policy, to set a lower priced "Introductory Price" good for 30 days, for all Commemorative coins that they issue. You must be a "tenderfoot" with your first Mint Commem. purchase.image BTW, it's been like that for years. >>

Yep, you are right about that OPA I am pretty new to buying from them Mint, usually buy from coin shows or eBay, or maybe bars from Silvertowne.
    I did buy ONE 2011 25th Anniversary set and don't want to get anything started about that experience let's just say whoever shipped those sets must have been sleeping, "in my case anyhow" and I'm sure others.....
  • ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ok, still very new to this & I know all coins are not like the HOF, but:
    I sold my first raw Gold Proof 3/27/14 for $589 (on ebay). I just sold one 5/1/14 for $945. That is a 60.4% price increase over the first one, and 122.4% increase over purchase price. (The last raw silver proof I sold was for $100, 92.3% over purchase price.)

So my question is does anyone have any reasonable prediction as to how this is going to play out? And mind you, the items I sold above are PRESALEs with delivery dates in June! .. . . . I watched raw gold proof sell for over $1000 and there are PR70 listed for $1200. It seems that the spread is too narrow & something has got to give? (I'm thinking the PR70 will go higher.) >>

Jeffery

After reading your post, I did some searching and here are some interesting thoughts:
    o Raw HOF gold coins (in hand) are selling strongly on eBay at $900+ with some auctions closing today already at $1,000+
    o Raw HOF gold coins (even pre-sale for 6/21) are being bought at $900+.
    o There are graded HOF gold coins available at $1,200. So the gap seems unusually small?
    o A search of several national dealer websites show no HOF gold available for sale.

Here are some other considerations:
    o Impending PCGS First Strike deadline of 5/6.
    o It appears that the US Mint has shipped almost all of the original mintage of gold and the next shipment is due 6/21. A time gap and shortage?
    o Premiums for the Baltimore First Pitch continue to hold. Will there be large premiums for the First Strike label, given the gap?

Hard to predict what will happen. Some interesting items...

• agentjim007agentjim007 Posts: 6,256
    Does anybody have a waiting list gold order that the mint did NOT ship a bag? Maybe a later waiting list order. I placed a waiting list order on Friday and had the bag shipped card charged for postage. I thought that meant my order will be filled but I'm not so sure especially if they shipped bags and charged cards for all waiting list orders.

<< <i>Does anybody have a waiting list gold order that the mint did NOT ship a bag? Maybe a later waiting list order. I placed a waiting list order on Friday and had the bag shipped card charged for postage. I thought that meant my order will be filled but I'm not so sure especially if they shipped bags and charged cards for all waiting list orders. >>

The fact that they charged $ 4.95 and sent the bag does not guarentee anything. Even if you cancel your order after receiving the bag they will automatically refund the $ 4.95
    charge.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file