Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• << <i>

<< <i>Listing # 121321703748

Someone actually bid $25.00 on one of the mints bags! >>

>>

yeah but it's a cool bag with many uses... like you can put stuff in it. and uh, put stuff in it.
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Gold Proofs shipped 4-24

Order # 4292xxxx

It was 4 Monday and changed to 5 yesterday. They're shipping 4 in one box and 1 by itself. The others are on BO until 6-21. I've been dealing with the Mint since 1999 and I've never seen this happen before.

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>5 Gold Proofs shipped 4-24

Order # 4292xxxx

It was 4 Monday and changed to 5 yesterday. They're shipping 4 in one box and 1 by itself. The others are on BO until 6-21. I've been dealing with the Mint since 1999 and I've never seen this happen before. >>

What was the time on your order?
    1:05
    I have gold proofs at 1:16,1:17, 1:20, 1:32, and 1:39 so it looks like I am getting close.

Hope there is not a bunch of 50 coin orders in between 1:05 and 1:16.

These are all single coin orders.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I called the Mint and inquired about the meaning of my April 16'th shipping date... They indicated, "don't hold your breath" in getting them before June, just as I anticipated. Since I do not intend to have these certified, I don't care. Going to be X'mas presents for my 2 Adult kids and their 5 kids. I'm keeping one set of each that was produced...gold, silver & clad as an early Christmas present to ME. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, my gold orders, so-called 4-16's are now 6-21's. I received my silver HOF's a couple of days ago. Ordered @ +1:30.
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are a good dad OPA

• BurnieBurnie Posts: 441 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, my gold orders, so-called 4-16's are now 6-21's. I received my silver HOF's a couple of days ago. Ordered @ +1:30. >>

Have everyone else's remaining orders defaulted to 6/21?
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
    I have one order of 6 silver proofs that still has the 4/16 date, all the rest have moved.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

I showed the HOF $ to two "non- coin" people yesterday. They both said it was the " coolest coin ever " .
    No photos available. But their faces looked like this ----> image

HE>I

• Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If my gold is not shipped by May 2nd I will cancel all orders.....This means more for everyone so it is a good thing.
  • Anyone else feel the urge to buy more Dollar coins now that they are sold out? image
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Have everyone else's remaining orders defaulted to 6/21? >>

Mine has: Order Date: 03/27/2014 at 01:58 PM
  • Order: 27 Mar 2014
    Time: 2:18 PM (EST)

Silver Proof: Received 23 Apr
    Gold Proof: Est shipping date of 6/01/2014
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The expected ship date on my Dad's 5:40 order is 4/16 for the silver proof, silver unc and clad unc. Well, it's 4/25 and the cancel box is still there! What's up with that??

The clad proof arrived a week ago.

Gold proof: 7/7, unc. 7/17
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    My silver $'s that haven't shipped yet are all 6/17

My gold (none of which has shipped) is all over the place..6/21, 7/07, 7/17
    Watch the time you placed the order to see how close you are to having your coins shipped .

The latest to ship that I know of was 1:05 for the gold.

My gold start at 1:16 so am not far off but are the gold they are now shipping just returns?
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My gold start at 1:16 so am not far off but are the gold they are now shipping just returns? >>

They do not ship returns. Why does that topic keep coming up?
    They keep coming up with a few more gold to ship every few days, where are they coming from if not returns?
  • CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My gold start at 1:16 so am not far off but are the gold they are now shipping just returns? >>

They do not ship returns. Why does that topic keep coming up? >>

And who would send back a gold HOF coin as hard as they are to get right now from the mint? You can get $800+ raw on the open market right now.
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
    I understand but where are they coming from?

Were they just found laying around or could they be from returns being not accepted during shipping for whatever reason?

We know they have not made anymore yet so they had to come from somewhere.

There had to be some that came back to the mint for one reason or another.

I am sure they would not destroy good gold coins if there is nothing wrong with them with the demand they have right now.
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    "They do not ship returns. Why does that topic keep coming up? "

Paranoia!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
    Returns could be from a range of things and no just bad coins.

Would you just junk something that you sold if there was nothing wrong with it?
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"They do not ship returns. Why does that topic keep coming up? "

Paranoia! >>

and conspiracy theorists image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Would you just junk something that you sold if there was nothing wrong with it? >>

If there were nothing wrong why return? But the short answer is they don't ship out returns. I don't know how they get rid of returns but they don't resell/reship them?

There were good old days when I could make a phone call and get coins 6-8 months after they sold out. They were not returns, just coins that never sold of the "overages" minted for quality control purposes.
    OK
  • ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    jesse

If I remember correctly, you used to be able to analyze eBay sales. Can you still do this? If so, it would be interesting to watch the price levels of the baseball HOF coins.

As for return, I don't know if the US Mint resells them or not.
    I do remember, when I was in logistics and distribution, that some of the difficult situations to handle are when there are shortages (huge demand) and how to allocate the limited, existing inventory.

o In some cases, a decision might be made to de-allocate from a large, unfulfilled order to satisfy as many small orders as possible. This is done to reduce the multiple shipments (order splits) that might occur otherwise.

o I don't know the US Mint or Novitex's allocation rules, but wondering if this is happening. That's why the standard 4/16, 6/7, 6/21 and 7/7 expected ship dates also. They really don't know until they get the shipment and that's when they really allocate it. The dates are all wishful thinking until then. Given the high value of the gold and silver shipments, there must be a lot of security and hand-offs along the way.
  • PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Just got a new shipping date from the mint for ALL my unshipped Silver dollar orders....they are now all 5/10/14....
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got a new shipping date from the mint for ALL my unshipped Silver dollar orders....they are now all 5/10/14.... >>

Me too. Well it's official......You can not order after work, 4:59 pm, on the first day of release and expect to get $1 coins to qualify for First Strike.

You must take a day of vacation and get into the waiting room at opening bell and hope for the best.

Truth be told, I didn't plan on sending in for First Strike but it would have been nice to have that option. imageimageimageimage

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• BurnieBurnie Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    Well, my un shipped silver has changed 3 times this morning... Started the day off as 6/21, then 7/7 and now 5/10. Is the Mints ordering system automated? And if so, what would cause dates to change so much? Surely now after a month or weeks after sell out the system would know what remains in inventory and what has been purchased to arrive at a given delivery date? It makes no sense for dates to change so much...unless there have been problems either minting or packaging these coins? Has anyone heard of internal QC issues?

As I have vented before, the US Mint could really improve its image by stepping up its customer service efforts by either providing its customers with e-mail order update explanations or at the very least posting updates on its website. I think its ironic that the Mints so called customer appreciation pr stunt with the bags that coincided with this particular issue, and which resulted in bags being shipped without coins only served to make the Mint look even more incompetent. I can't think of any other business other than government where incompetence is a valued trait... Oh let the games continue.
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    I know of three more first day orders for the silver proof and uncs that now show 5/10.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
    Burnie

I completely empathized with you.

I have a first day order with ship dates showing 4/16. By now, I concluded that the date is fictitious. I have been trying to understand the situation without alibiing for the US Mint.

o They clearly underestimated the demand for the coins.
    o The order limits were unrealistic and helped to further aggravate the problem.
    o Now they are producing them. The gold coins are made at West Point. Some of the dollar and clad are made at Philadelphia and some at Denver. After production, they have to be shipped to Indianapolis for distribution. The gold and silver shipments are high value and must be handled securely which adds more time.
    o I have come to disregard the dates until my credit card is charged or the order is marked as shipped. That's when my coins will probably be shipped.

I hope the US Mint clears it up. If you think this is bad, wait until the Gold Kennedy coins are released at the ANA and through the website later this year. This is spring training. image
    All of my ship dates for gold from the first 2 hours of availability have changed now to June and my silver to 5/10.
    My silver HOF coins also changed from 4/16 to 5/10 shipping date. I hope this date is real since it is just two weeks away.

So much for First Strike unless PCGS changes the cut off date. image
    Remember back. The mint was allowed by legislation to make 50,000 gold HOF coins. Between UNC and Proof a combined 50,000. They made some of each before the opening day and then the rest have to be minted depending on what was ordered. They weren't going to make 50,000 of each one in advance. Those produced prior to knowing the quantities ordered were shipped out when shipping commenced. Now they have to make the rest.

So to the question of where the new coins are coming from that are starting to ship are from new production to fill the rest of the 50,000 total limit. They say they don't ship out returns and baring evidence that they are I have to believe them. And like others have said, of the few that have been shipped, who would return such a high demand coin?

Yup, all my unshipped silver is now listed as 5/10 which is perfect since I start a 1 week away trip the day before that....just perfect
  • 5/10 ship date, 4 days past FS deadline. It's a communist plot.

• << <i>5/10 ship date, 4 days past FS deadline. It's a communist plot. >>

Dear Mr. US Mint,

I would like to make one small suggestion, one that would enhance your image with collectors as well as those
    employed by you.

As May 10th falls on a Saturday, maybe you could find US Mint volunteers, possibly those that will be working
    that particular Saturday (if indeed they will be) and have them take your shipping labels to the United States Postal
    service (surely you're familiar with them…when they get frustrated, they shoot people image ) on TUESDAY May 6th!

This serves BOTH your employees as they can have the weekend with their families, as well as the collectors, who will be
    gosh gee willy excited to have their coins post marked so that they might have the opportunity to have their coins graded
    with the coveted "First Strike" nomenclature, should they so desire.

Please note that I am not suggesting that you possibly move up your constantly changing shipping date to May 6th, YOU
    may ship ON the 10th or whatever the date your system changes to in the next few minutes image …you ONLY
    HAVE TO PRE-PRINT (AND USE) THE SHIPPING LABELS….whatchathink image

Pawllleeeeese….pretty pawleeeeese!

Sincerely,

A Lowly Collector who helps to pay your salary
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
    Even my order of 4/9 at 5:48 for 10 silver proofs shows a 5/10 shipping date. Thats 2 weeks after the start of sales.
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Even my order of 4/9 at 5:48 for 10 silver proofs shows a 5/10 shipping date. Thats 2 weeks after the start of sales. >>

That most likely means that 5/10 is just another generic starting date. At this point dates mean little. When it goes to

in stock and reserved and your cc is dinged you are getting close, however you may still have to wait a few days or a week

before they are shipped.image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
    You're right Hat, my cc was "pending" for 5 days before they shipped.
  • I have silver order dates from 27 Mar to 5 Apr & they all have changed the shipping date to 10 May. Hard to believe.
  • goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭

<< <i>My silver HOF coins also changed from 4/16 to 5/10 shipping date. I hope this date is real since it is just two weeks away.

So much for First Strike unless PCGS changes the cut off date. image >>

OK sorry, I'm confused again about sending for First Strike, maybe I read it wrong, I thought you could send an unopened coin/coins from the Mint to be graded First Strike as long as the box from the Mint is sealed, do I have that wrong??

Thank You...
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK sorry, I'm confused again about sending for First Strike, maybe I read it wrong, I thought you could send an unopened coin/coins from the Mint to be graded First Strike as long as the box from the Mint is sealed, do I have that wrong??

You are correct.....so long as the box shipping label is dated May 6th or earlier.
    A new dealer ad via national coin publication email spam for HOF FS silver dollars and with autograph

A little less than an earlier ad from another dealer for 70's. more for 69's.

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭
    Misprint on that FS MS 70 P Half Clad MS. Should be a D not a P on the label.
    A couple more prices just seen on a shopping channel. Similar to the prices in the ad posted this morning.

MS 69 PCGS FS $1 w/ Autograph $169.77
    MS 70 PCGS FS $1 w/ Autograph $299.77

3 Pc PF 70 PCGS Baltimore Set, half, dollar, 5 dollar for $7,999.77

MCM has Cal Ripken and Nolan Ryan signed for $159/279 (ATS slabs)
  • Signatures are authorized facsimiles image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file