Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't notice that...that is REALLY lame image
  • goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭

<< <i>OK sorry, I'm confused again about sending for First Strike, maybe I read it wrong, I thought you could send an unopened coin/coins from the Mint to be graded First Strike as long as the box from the Mint is sealed, do I have that wrong??

You are correct.....so long as the box shipping label is dated May 6th or earlier. >>

OK thank you Goldbully

OK so do you mean as long as the box you received from the mint shipping label is before or by May 6th.?
    I am a blonde you know
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK so do you mean as long as the box you received from the mint shipping label is before or by May 6th.?
    Yes, there is a date on the shipping label and it must say May 6th or earlier.
    See my bag box label below........

The date circled in red, is the exact ship date the Mint has on record when you check your order.
    Good luck with your grades.
    GB
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news...my shipping date of 4/16 has been finally changed to 5/11 image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • gyromacgyromac Posts: 213 ✭✭
    it is sad that we have gone from collecting coins to collecting sealed boxes.....with a more favorable USM Ship date.... the last couple of pages of this thread are now dedicated to speculation as to when the box will ship pre-first strike or post-first strike.....

in my opinion....tremendously bad for the hobby....good for the grading services though....

gyros
    OK thank you Goldbully, that explains it very well to me, and if I can understand it
    hopefully if anyone else is not sure you have explained it very well...
    Thank for going to all the trouble with adding the photo...image
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Great news...my shipping date of 4/16 has been finally changed to 5/11 image >>

Wait until 5-16........image

<< <i>it is sad that we have gone from collecting coins to collecting sealed boxes.....with a more favorable USM Ship date.... the last couple of pages of this thread are now dedicated to speculation as to when the box will ship pre-first strike or post-first strike.....

in my opinion....tremendously bad for the hobby....good for the grading services though....

gyros >>

Really gyros?

I'm sorry you feel that way.
    Sorry if I took up to much space/time for the grading questions. I never had a coin graded before, I do have some graded coins I purchased already graded but I think these HOF coins are really unique and I would not mind having maybe one or two graded to add to my collection and if in the future I decided to have something else graded for myself I will know what to do, thanks to Goldbully's fine explanations...

<< <i>

<< <i>it is sad that we have gone from collecting coins to collecting sealed boxes.....with a more favorable USM Ship date.... the last couple of pages of this thread are now dedicated to speculation as to when the box will ship pre-first strike or post-first strike.....

gyros >>

Really gyros?

Sorry if I took up to much space/time for the grading questions. I never had a coin graded before, I do have some graded coins I purchased already graded but I think these HOF coins are really unique and I would not mind having maybe one or two graded to add to my collection and if in the future I decided to have something else graded for myself I will know what to do, thanks to Goldbully's fine explanations...

image >>

I totally understand your concerns goldgirl. I was just like you in October 2006....I had tons of questions about grading and submitting to PCGS.
    I remember sending in a sealed case(10 sets/30 coins) of 2006 Silver Eagles so I could get the 20th Anniversary label.
    That box was huge.....plus PCGS had to send back 10 OGP/COA's....at first it was no charge, and then I believe they started to charge for return OGP/COA's.
    Perhaps someone could straighten me out on that one.
    Oh and gyromac is entitled to his opinion and I can relate.....maybe he just missed out on these coins. image

My second Submission 12/22/2006
    Pops as of 4/26/14 compared to 4/22/14...........Big jump in the silvers and the gold unc.

4/22/14
    4/26/14
    4/22/14
    4/26/14

4/22/14
    4/26/14
    4/22/14
    4/26/14

4/22/14
    4/26/14
    4/22/14
    4/26/14

• gyromacgyromac Posts: 213 ✭✭
    goldgirl....i didn't mean it in a negative way to you....

goldbully...nope i haven't missed a USM product in what in close to 20yrs....re-ordered the silvers HOFs on 4/8 and have the same ship dates as everyone here...5/11... we will see...

still have my 2012 special edition proof sets in a sealed box (yes 1st week shipped)....it only took me about 3 weeks to dig it out from all the sealed USM boxes i have piled up....

all i am saying is that it is sad we have gone from coin collectors to logistic experts....that is all....i can tell you more about a UPS label than the people who work there....

jmho

gyros

<< <i>

<< <i>

gyros >>

Really gyros?

image >>

I totally understand your concerns goldgirl. I was just like you in October 2006....I had tons of questions about grading and submitting to PCGS.
    I remember sending in a sealed case(10 sets/30 coins) of 2006 Silver Eagles so I could get the 20th Anniversary label.
    That box was huge.....plus PCGS had to send back 10 OGP/COA's....at first it was no charge, and then I believe they started to charge for return OGP/COA's.
    Perhaps someone could straighten me out on that one.
    Oh and gyromac is entitled to his opinion and I can relate.....maybe he just missed out on these coins. image

My second Submission 12/22/2006 >>

Wow Goldbully that's alot of coins...
    gyros it's OK I guess I didn't necessarily mean you were saying anything negative about me, but I know I have been a pest with all the grading questionsimage
    I guess I'm the weird one here....I only have one sealed Mint box. I have a need to see my coins. Some get graded some don't.

My one sealed box is a 2006 20th Annie Silver Eagle Set...I got 3 boxes of 10 (all got graded) and one single...no clue why I didn't open it.
  • My Mint Bag is in a sealed box! image
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks again Goldbully for your post of the population report. A big jump from last week. They are starting to make it through the process. I updated my Excel grid. The rarest one continues to be the PF 70 half by price increase over cost. By numbers graded it's the PF 69 $5 gold.

<< <i>My Mint Bag is in a sealed box! image >>

imageimageimage
  • badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>OK so do you mean as long as the box you received from the mint shipping label is before or by May 6th.?
    Yes, there is a date on the shipping label and it must say May 6th or earlier.
    See my bag box label below........

The date circled in red, is the exact ship date the Mint has on record when you check your order.
    Good luck with your grades.
    GB >>

Received my 2 proof dollars that I'll keep sealed but I looked at the lower left hand corner and there is no date shown. I noticed on your example where the date is shown that it is a signature required label. I looked at couple of older shipping labels from the mint that I have and they both show a date but they are both signature required as well. So, are dates shown only on SR labels and if so is there a procedure for verifying the shipping date for FS purposes when no date is available on the label?
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    I have several sealed mint boxes, some several years old, some don't have a date on the label. I write order number,
    shipping date and FS date on the box. Date will be determined by label tracking number,
    and also by enclosed shipping invoice.

(l8-)>>

Are all your orders shipped the same way? UPS or FedEx Smart Post? UPS needs a signature, Smart Post does not. In any event the packing slip inside will show the date and will be noted by PCGS when the open your sealed box

• badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    This was shipped Smart Post.

Thanks to edgar and Kudbegud. Appreciate the info.
  • Long time lurker,,first time poster. My 4 silver proofs came in yesterday. Out of the 4 I would guess 1 might make a 70 grade. What will keep these from getting milk spots if I do grade them??
    Out Door Dan
    Some here have reported success with an acetone soak followed by a distilled water rinse. Search for "acetone" and see several threads dealing with this and the procedures followed by members.

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Some here have reported success with an acetone soak followed by a distilled water rinse. Search for "acetone" and see several threads dealing with this and the procedures followed by members. >>

Many coins never get spots so failure to spot after rinsing with acetone is not proof that spotting was prevented. It has been said that you can see the incipient spots before they become visible to the eye, by examining the coin/s with a halogen flashlight. At this point it is still possible to dip the coins in EZest which is also said to remove the gunk that eventually becomes the milkspot/s. Household ammonia solution may also work.
    theknowitalltroll;
    I thought milk spots were mainly a .999 silver thing
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Here we go with the day creep thing again.

HOF silver went from 5/11 to 5/12 today.

Can they ever get it right at the mint?

Constant LIARS!
  • I got email saying my orders will ship on May 2 about 10 days ago, so I am hoping they ship then, they now say May 12.
    Here is what the mint website says,

· About Changing Shipping Dates: We are experiencing technical difficulties with the part of our system that displays the expected ship date for your order, causing the dates to move incorrectly. Please be assured that orders are being fulfilled according to our standard policy. This issue will have no impact on the actual shipping dates. Thank you for your patience as we work toward a solution
    May 12 will be May 13 tomorrow.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought milk spots were mainly a .999 silver thing >>

IIRC they date all the way back to the Peace dollar era. Not sure if the 1921 Morgans are included.
    theknowitalltroll;
    UPS delivering 4 gold proofs tomorrow and 1 on Tuesday. The rest of my proofs say 6-21, all placed at the same time.
    ALL of my uncirculated gold that I ordered at the same time of the proofs also says 6-21.

My order # is 4292xxxx, in at 1:05.

I'm guessing they had apx. 12,000 proofs and 5,000 uncirculated ready when they went on sale, maybe a few more.

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Around and around and around it goes. Where the mint shipping wheel stops, nobody knows.

I will say that it is a 99% safe bet that everybody will get their coins by the end of the year.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,949 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

That is humorous.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

Awesome!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    Bullsitter

The US Mint has been looking for that missing ship date wheel. image

They may call out the FBI or Secret Service to retrieve it from you.

<< <i>Bullsitter

The US Mint has been looking for that missing ship date wheel. image

They may call out the FBI or Secret Service to retrieve it from you.
    image >>

My personal favorite is, as is the case with my Dad's coins, when the est. ship date is weeks ago and the cancel box is still there!
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bullsitter,

I love your wheel !!!!!image

That is the best!!!!!imageimage
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
    I got the idea from you.....image
    On Friday I posted the prices from a shopping network for HOF coins. Then they were showing a price for a 3 Pc PF 70 PCGS Baltimore Set, half, silver dollar and a gold 5 dollar, for $7,999.77. Today they are showing the same set for a higher price of $8,499.77. They say they are sold out of the PCGS sets but have NGC sets.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>On Friday I posted the prices from a shopping network for HOF coins. Then they were showing a price for a 3 Pc PF 70 PCGS Baltimore Set, half, silver dollar and a gold 5 dollar, for $7,999.77. Today they are showing the same set for a higher price of $8,499.77. They say they are sold out of the PCGS sets but have NGC sets. >>

I girded my loins at the sight of that pricing.

Thank the blue sky for the 'direct ordering' Mint & MCM!
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
    How many of you have cancelled your orders for either gold or silver HOF coins?
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why anyone here would cancel an order... aren't there plenty of people right here on the forum that would take them off your hands at the Mint issue price??? And probably some here on the forum that would even pay you more.

Oh I agree but there was talk from some a while back, me included, of canceling some silver orders and I was wondering if anybody had actually done it.
    I agree with the "Why would anyone cancel" crowd....so FS will be toast...not going to lose any sleep over that...and grading, if chosen, will be cheaper...

I would be more upset if I was a grading company looking at all that lost revenue

There will be near 30,000 disappointed (silver) orders that will be cancelled
  • GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    I cancelled a large order for the silver proofs because of the delay, cost of grading and high eBay/Paypal fees. Kept my gold orders intact plus one order for 10 silver proofs.
    USAF vet 1951-59
    I think the first strike crowd will indeed cancel a lot of orders because of the lateness of them but I do not have that many ordered anyway so am going to keep mine.
    I bet not one gold order on backorder with the Mint gets canceled by anyone on this forum.

Miles, good to hear from you again.

Did you get some gold baseballs?? image

Edited to add: Kudbegud thanks for your informative spreadsheet.

And Bullsitter, your wheel should be spun by Vanna!
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Unfortunate that many who desire the First Strike designation will now get their orders too late.
    Could push up the price of those eventually as a result…who knows for sure.
    Those of us that decide to maintain our orders knowing this now should not continue to criticize the mint on being late with or otherwise fu%#ing up the orders.
    That has been reiterated too many times here already by some, repeatedly over and over again!
    JMHO as always but it does start to sound like a bad broken/skipping record at this point.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    silver platter………….ready, set, go

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1000!! image

Edit to say: Thanks for the hangin' curve ball MJ. Nailed it.
    Check out my post number too.

<---

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file