Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    just got early alert from MCM, of BB HOF coins being available to alert subscribers

called up - all gone!!!

seems like they had a snafu on thier part......customer service said emails went out last night---

a big negative here.....email received this morning at 11:58am!!!!!
  • ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What's wrong with this picture?

image >>

Check your email...they probably sent you a May 2nd ship date and back order notice...at least that's what I got for all my 4/16 ship dates.

Erik >>

My Baseball HOF Silver Dollar was changed today from 4/16 to 5/2 per the email from US Mint also.
  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    taken 5 min ago.

email...1 of 3 sent

Erik
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>just got early alert from MCM, of BB HOF coins being available to alert subscribers

called up - all gone!!!

seems like they had a snafu on thier part......customer service said emails went out last night---

a big negative here.....email received this morning at 11:58am!!!!! >>

I got the email yesterday afternoon and blew if off because I thought it was too pricey...I guess others thought differently. BTW they still have PF/UNC gold 69's, silver PF69's and clad PF/MS 69's and PF70's available
    How pricey was their 70s?
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The MS69 $5 gold shows $899...no 70's currently

• Klif50Klif50 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Did they drive Model T's when you guys were kids? >>

Not too many model t's but I do remember riding in a rumble seat of my fathers coupe.

I don't remember what model of car it was though as it was back in the 40's and I have a hard time remembering yesterday. >>

Actually I still drive a Model T. Of course it's a bit modified. It's titled as a 1923 Ford. It has a 350 Chevy engine (I know, Chevy in a Ford, blah), no fenders, no hood, just room for 2 people in the seat and it has a truck bed that is 18 inches long (hides the gas tank). It goes really fast and I could probably deliver ice and milk really quick but just not very much of it at a time.

I do remember the ice house and I remember them delivering ice for the ice box. They had big blocks but they came in a truck, pulled out a big chunk, used tools to break off a chunk, grabbed that chunk with tongs and tossed up over their shoulder on to a burlap bag that kept their shoulder from getting too cold and bring it in the house and put it in compartment on the ice box.

I think this all makes me feel very old.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    MCM NGC MS70 clads I believe were $119 and the clad proof 70s were $99. Their 70 gold was too expensive for me. Cant' remember what the prices were but at least about $1K.
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>What's wrong with this picture?

image >>

Check your email...they probably sent you a May 2nd ship date and back order notice...at least that's what I got for all my 4/16 ship dates.

Erik >>

My Baseball HOF Silver Dollar was changed today from 4/16 to 5/2 per the email from US Mint also. >>

There are multiple wrongs in the picture. The one that gets me the most is that they are wasting money shipping a bag. I wonder if the Mint director is friends with the director of the USPS?
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • drfishdrfish Posts: 940 ✭✭✭✭
    I believe the MCM gold Pf 70s were $1000 and the ms 70's were like $1,100 ?? The Ms 70 sold out very quickly .

<< <i>I got the email yesterday afternoon and blew if off because I thought it was too pricey...I guess others thought differently. BTW they still have PF/UNC gold 69's, silver PF69's and clad PF/MS 69's and PF70's available >>

How much were their MS and PR70 Silver Dollars?
  • Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    I received the email from MCM yesterday afternoon around 5PM and took advantage of a PF70 and MS70 BHOF Silver Dollar. From my receipt here are the prices.

SKU31282 2014-P $1 Silver National Baseball Hall of Fame NGC MS70 ER Mint State 70 Early Releases ***HALL OF FAME LABEL*** $199.00
    SKU31294 2014-P Proof $1 Silver National Baseball Hall of Fame NGC PF70 UC ER Proof 70 Ultra Cameo Early Releases ***HALL OF FAME LABEL*** $189.00
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I checked the status of my orders this morning and the cancel box is gone from my first order of 7 silver proofs.

At least that order is on the way I guess.
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hate that this has partly turned into a mint bashing thread but dang, if they don't deserve it.

Another day, missed expected shipping dates, no pending CC charges, no email, blah-blah-blah.......just ship me my coins for cryin' out loud.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

I hear you sparky.

I was turned off on the mint back in 2011 and have not dealt with them until this time and it will have to be a good reason ( like a gold Kennedy ) for me to do so again.

They are so screwed up it is unbelievable.

My credit card has been charged too, it's about time.

This order was placed at 1:11 PM on the27th if that helps anyone and the order # is 42927***.
  • tlake22tlake22 Posts: 299 ✭✭
    My cc was billed for my silver uncs. They had been under the status of instock and reserved for a week.
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

7 Bags and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO COINS........image

.image
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    One way to get a lot of baseball collectors into these coins would be to have star baseball players sign the graded coin inserts.
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

.image >>

BULLSITTER,

What a hot stack of bags you have!!!!!image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
    My 1st order of 7 silver proofs is on the way.
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but, but, but, I thought they were doing inventory.....image

Hey Hat, after I get my coins I'll tell ya what I did with those bags....image

<< <i>YABBA DABBA DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

.image >>

Don't take them out of the boxes. You might want to get a "First Sewn" label for them.
    Raw Gold Unc.

$770.00

edited to add: Auction just closed at 6:30pm est

Gold Proof
    NGC PF70 Early Releases
    $1,358.00....29 Bids
    Can't wait to get my 5 gold proofs back from PCGS
    Yet another HOF Gold proof closes at 6:45pm est

eBay Link
    NGC PF70 ER $1,311.11 27 bids

<< <i>but, but, but, I thought they were doing inventory.....image

Hey Hat, after I get my coins I'll tell ya what I did with those bags....image >>

They must have got the inventory done early. Those 7 should have been shipped 2 weeks ago.
  • Wow, I just saw a raw silver proof go unsold on ebay with a $90 price tag and no bids.

<< <i>Wow, I just saw a raw silver proof go unsold on ebay with a $90 price tag and no bids. >>

would probably get more bids on chocolate rabbits and peeps this weekend.imageimage
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Good point!
    As of today 4/18/14, we now get to see the early non-Baltimore First Strike Pops

These numbers don't really show a big influx from dealers yet. Maybe next weeks numbers will jump?

MS70FS PCGS Silver Unc
    $315.00

PR69DCAMFS Clad Proof
    $57.76.....appears to be irrelevant slabbed coin

PCGS PR70DCAMFS Gold Proof
    $1,250.00.....24 bids.......thought this auction would have ended higher.

$314.00 PR70DCAM Clad
    WOW!

<< <i>These numbers don't really show a big influx from dealers yet. Maybe next weeks numbers will jump? >>

Seems like the big jump in the population is always delayed on issues like this. Don't want the buying public to

know how many there really are until the top prices are paid.image
    Were the amounts of 6000 gold and 10000 silver that they minted to get started the correct figures?

<< <i>Were the amounts of 6000 gold and 10000 silver that they minted to get started the correct figures? >>

There are never any official or reliable numbers to be had. That makes sure that there is never any accountability

for what does or does not happen. Everyone is on a need to know basis and apparently they need to know very little.
    I guess i should consider myself luck to get the 7 silver proofs that I got.
  • goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I also did a pre-sale when I thought my shipping date was 10 April. Then "poof" my date changed to 21 Jun. I let the buyers know what happened & asked them to let me know within 5 days if they wanted to keep or cancel the transaction. Most decided to stay which works out well for them as the prices on ebay have gone up.
    Plan is to keep them updated weekly or as any changes occur. Not sure of anything better to do. >>

Depends what the buyers paid for the presale as to if it's good news , prices are already falling on the half dollar coins being sold raw in hand.They will tumble as more shipments are delivered , i think if anything is keeping the silver dollar in hand prices up its the may 6th deadline for first strike. >>

Is the deadline for 1st. strike May 6th. or 8th. I thought I read NGC is May 8th. here somewhere??
    Also, for the deadline do they have to have the coin in their hand by May 6th. or 8th. or does it mean it has to be post marked by then?
    Also do you have to send the unopened box to get a special label?

Sorry if this has already been talked about, there are so many pages to look through and I just gave up looking.
    Never sent anything to be graded before..

Thank You...
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My silver proof and uncs shipped yesterday.

<< <i>Is the deadline for 1st. strike May 6th. or 8th. I thought I read NGC is May 8th. here somewhere??
    Also, for the deadline do they have to have the coin in their hand by May 6th. or 8th. or does it mean it has to be post marked by then?
    Also do you have to send the unopened box to get a special label?

Sorry if this has already been talked about, there are so many pages to look through and I just gave up looking.
    Never sent anything to be graded before..

Thank You... >>

The deadline for FS, opened mint box, coins inspected, = shipped and postmarked to PCGS by May 6th.

Sealed un-opened original mint shipping boxes post marked no later the May 6th can be sent to PCGS un-opened whenever and still receive FS designation. PCGS just has to know that the coins shipped from the mint by the cut off date, May 6th in this case. Keeping the box sealed verifies this.

What the other guys (NGC etc) do I don't know or care

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    I probably won't bother getting mine graded for now. If they make the FS deadline, I will keep sealed and send in later. So far I have clads in ms and pf in sealed boxes.
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 3 Unc $1 shipped today 4/20.
    Many happy BST transactions
    They shipped on Easter Sunday?

• << <i>They shipped on Easter Sunday? >>

Yep. They are making quintuple pay today... so $5 an hour!!!
  • Looking at the 4/18 pops, is the percentage of 70s about average for most recent issues?

The clad coins seem to be struggling to get the coveted 70 grade….for those of us looking to put
    together a 6 coin set, should we be buying early 70s being offered??…or once the big boys coins
    start showing up, will there be plenty for everyone??

Your thoughts?
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

<< <i>They shipped on Easter Sunday? >>

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't have believed it if you hadn't shown it. Amazing, Easter Sunday shipping.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they aren't such a terrible business after all.....
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

image >>

Since neither: UPS, FEDEX or USPS work on Sundays except for "Express Mail" shipments, I would almost be certain that a shipping label was created, but chances are slim to none that they were actually mailed out on Sunday...click on the Tracking #.. My guess, it will be picked up on Monday.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

<< <i>I wouldn't have believed it if you hadn't shown it. Amazing, Easter Sunday shipping. >>

I don't think the PO is open for business on any Sunday. I do not think Fed X does either. Maybe just a glitch in data entry.

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Since neither: UPS, FEDEX or USPS work on Sundays except for "Express Mail" shipments, I would almost be certain that a shipping label was created, but chances are slim to none that they were actually mailed out on Sunday...click on the Tracking #.. My guess, it will be picked up on Monday. >>

I'm sure a shipping label was generated and actual shipping takes place Monday.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file