Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm naive.

I just assumed they were all minted before the first day of ordering. Waiting to have people filling orders and ship from the first bell.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is there a law that says you can not sell a item if it is not in stock? >>

No. But if you do, it should be your focus to keep those who ordered informed. Every day if necessary on the status of the order and the steps you are taking to insure timely delivery. These steps are deliberately ignored by the mint. The lame excuse the mint spokesman gave that they didn't have time to inform customers about the bag shipments is verification. Didn't have time to send a quick email to all who ordered over $75 that the bag would ship separetly and only one shipping charge would be billed per order? What, you didn't have 30 seconds to compose a quick note? >>

Yes, there are laws which regulate but the issue is they didn't take your money yet, thus delay is allowed. The Ebay presale thing to deliver within 30 days is not an Ebay law, rather the law of the land USA (except Louisiana) which regulates sales. Vendors that take your money and can't deliver must provide notice allowing you options to wait if you want to.

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the clarification Casman. My point is that they get a FAIL grade for keeping customers informed. Both for order status, shipping dates and the process they go through in dealing with a popular issue like the HOF coins. How much do they pre mint? When do they start minting? What is the lead time for packaging? What is the flow from minting to the contract packager to the distribution shipper to the delivery providers. Why do they use FedEx smart post instead of the USPO flat rate priority boxes? So much is an unnecessary secret and unresponsive to customer frustration.

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Is there a law that says you can not sell a item if it is not in stock? >>

No. But if you do, it should be your focus to keep those who ordered informed. Every day if necessary on the status of the order and the steps you are taking to insure timely delivery. These steps are deliberately ignored by the mint. The lame excuse the mint spokesman gave that they didn't have time to inform customers about the bag shipments is verification. Didn't have time to send a quick email to all who ordered over $75 that the bag would ship separetly and only one shipping charge would be billed per order? What, you didn't have 30 seconds to compose a quick note? >>

Yes, there are laws which regulate but the issue is they didn't take your money yet, thus delay is allowed. The Ebay presale thing to deliver within 30 days is not an Ebay law, rather the law of the land USA (except Louisiana) which regulates sales. Vendors that take your money and can't deliver must provide notice allowing you options to wait if you want to. >>

I have been in touch with my buyer every day letting him know exactly what is going on with the mint and any progress that is or isn't being made.
  • How about some good news for a change?.......I just got 2 more bags. image
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How about some good news for a change?.......I just got 2 more bags. image >>

Congrats...I missed my UPS delivery of 3 bags which needed my signature....(Must be made of Gold)image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't surprise me if the mint forecast sales of this coin like the recent duds of other commemoratives. So they only did 6000 gold unc coin and boxes, 10,000 gold proof, 55,000 silver unc, 85,000 silver proof, 35,000 clad unc and 55,000 clad proof and would have that ready by July at the earliest.

the solution to this problem i think could be if the mint allowed pre-ordering so they could gauge things better. All pre-orders are locked in, no cancellations allowed. Then they would have seen much earlier the need to do a full striking of silver and gold and since it is pre-order you don't anger customers with the waiting. The current system is set up to fail unless they take a gamble and order up the coins and boxes before sales even start. They have been burned in the past doing that so maybe are not taking chances anymore and we get few coins coming out like this.
  • erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭
    Some sales info on Ebay.

Looks like First Strike PCGS (non Baltimore)
    $5 PR 70 DCAM - apprx $1350
    $5 UNC 70 - apprx $1500
    $1 PR 70 DCAM - apprx $350
    $1 UNC 70 - apprx $ 280

There's just not a lot of data out there for completed auctions yet. Especially the dollars.
    * edited to add that the data I was looking at was from around Monday on. Seems more sold over the weekend, and prices seemed higher.
  • I also did a pre-sale when I thought my shipping date was 10 April. Then "poof" my date changed to 21 Jun. I let the buyers know what happened & asked them to let me know within 5 days if they wanted to keep or cancel the transaction. Most decided to stay which works out well for them as the prices on ebay have gone up.
    Plan is to keep them updated weekly or as any changes occur. Not sure of anything better to do.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I also did a pre-sale when I thought my shipping date was 10 April. Then "poof" my date changed to 21 Jun. I let the buyers know what happened & asked them to let me know within 5 days if they wanted to keep or cancel the transaction. Most decided to stay which works out well for them as the prices on ebay have gone up.
    Plan is to keep them updated weekly or as any changes occur. Not sure of anything better to do. >>

Welcome aboard Jeffery......post again and often. image

BTW, is that image your avatar?
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    still no shippa da silva.
    theknowitalltroll;

• << <i>still no shippa da silva. >>

But I have another bag due here tomorrow…and the cancel box has magically reappeared now that
    they've gotten their $4.95 image
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

• << <i>I also did a pre-sale when I thought my shipping date was 10 April. Then "poof" my date changed to 21 Jun. I let the buyers know what happened & asked them to let me know within 5 days if they wanted to keep or cancel the transaction. Most decided to stay which works out well for them as the prices on ebay have gone up.
    Plan is to keep them updated weekly or as any changes occur. Not sure of anything better to do. >>

Depends what the buyers paid for the presale as to if it's good news , prices are already falling on the half dollar coins being sold raw in hand.They will tumble as more shipments are delivered , i think if anything is keeping the silver dollar in hand prices up its the may 6th deadline for first strike.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>still no shippa da silva. >>

But I have another bag due here tomorrow…and the cancel box has magically reappeared now that
    they've gotten their $4.95 image >>

I have the cancel box, but no cancel option unless one has to continue shopping in order to cancel.
    theknowitalltroll;
    I have the cancel box there but only one of my orders shows "in stock and reserved".

Most of them have a 4/16 shipping date.

I bet that date gets moved again.
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have the cancel box there but only one of my orders shows "in stock and reserved".

Most of them have a 4/16 shipping date.

I bet that date gets moved again. >>

Hey! Patience. My initial order was supposed to be shipped "tomorrow" every day for about 5 days...

On the other hand, here's a line item from one of my later orders:
    2014 BASEBALL HOF CLAD PROOF 1 $19.95 $19.95 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 04/10/2014.

And new on the mint's web site:

<< <i>· About Changing Shipping Dates: We are experiencing technical difficulties with the part of our system that displays the expected ship date for your order, causing the dates to move incorrectly. Please be assured that orders are being fulfilled according to our standard policy. This issue will have no impact on the actual shipping dates. Thank you for your patience as we work toward a solution >>

Technical difficulties huh. Yea right!
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Technical difficulties huh. Yea right! >>

Well, technically true, they are technically incompetent

I'll buy that!
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    I have 3 clad proof and 7 clad ms so far from the mint in sealed boxes. I would not buy those PCGS 70s at those prices. Will pass for now. I have about 6 gold ( 2 of which are on the waiting list) coming. Probably will miss the First Strike deadline on the gold. Looks like the raw gold is around $850 now. I wonder if baseball card collectors are also driving the prices.
  • For anyone who has ordered the clads (I did not order them) ~ are they also experiencing delayed
    shipping?
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>still no shippa da silva. >>

Nuttin else shippin this week...audit man be in the house

Edited to add: except the bags image no WAY they are auditing them
  • ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    Information update:

I received a shipping confirmation from the US Mint this week. Even though it was the reusable bag image , I couldn't track the package on usps.com

I called the US Mint and was told that the tracking number on the email was missing the final digit. I can now track the package.

So if you receive a shipping confirmation and use a PO Box, and it is a day after the ship date and you can't track the package, it might be the missing last (not middle) digit.

Edited to correct description of the bag and the final comment.
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the mint shipping notice link:

•Each day, the order management system generates several "ship lists" which contain all of the orders in line that have been cleared for shipment. These orders can be broken into categories to gain efficiencies; however, within the categories, orders will be shipped in sequence.

•If, by the end of the day, all orders on the daily ship lists did not complete the fulfillment process, which is complete with the e-mail ship confirmation, those orders carry over to the next day. For example, if the daily ship list contained the next 3,000 orders in line, but the fulfillment center only completed to shipment 2,000 orders, the remaining 1,000 orders carry over to the next day.

Not in order, but in order within the categories and the first catagorie carrys over until completed. Gee, I wonder whoes categorie comes first ?

Could it be the little collector they appreciate so much they sent them a 25 cent bag and made them spend most of a day waiting around to sign for it ?

It's kind of like giving you the finger !!!!

Or could it be the big orders that would be more "efficient" to get out the door first ?

???imageimageimage
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

<< <i>From the mint shipping notice link:

•Each day, the order management system generates several "ship lists" which contain all of the orders in line that have been cleared for shipment. These orders can be broken into categories to gain efficiencies; however, within the categories, orders will be shipped in sequence.

•If, by the end of the day, all orders on the daily ship lists did not complete the fulfillment process, which is complete with the e-mail ship confirmation, those orders carry over to the next day. For example, if the daily ship list contained the next 3,000 orders in line, but the fulfillment center only completed to shipment 2,000 orders, the remaining 1,000 orders carry over to the next day.

Not in order, but in order within the categories and the first catagorie carrys over until completed. Gee, I wonder whoes categorie comes first ?

Could it be the little collector they appreciate so much they sent them a 25 cent bag and made them spend most of a day waiting around to sign for it ?

It's kind of like giving you the finger !!!!

Or could it be the big orders that would be more "efficient" to get out the door first ?

???imageimageimage >>

Since I'm not in the "First Strike or Quick Buck" game with this product, I fully agree with the Mints handling of this product. However, having to sign for a free bag is ridiculous.
  • reddwingreddwing Posts: 137 ✭✭
    Anybody else having problems getting current shipment information for HOF orders? After I log in on Mint site, i go to tracking information and it said that my silvers should have shipped yesterday, the 16th. Oh, the cancel boxes are still there. No reliable tracking information, just the old tracking number for that stupid mint bag which already shipped. Maybe this mint shipping team should swap places with the roll out team for Obama care!!!

• << <i>Anybody else having problems getting current shipment information for HOF orders? After I log in on Mint site, i go to tracking information and it said that my silvers should have shipped yesterday, the 16th. Oh, the cancel boxes are still there. No reliable tracking information, just the old tracking number for that stupid mint bag which already shipped. Maybe this mint shipping team should swap places with the roll out team for Obama care!!! >>

I got silver that should of shipped on the 16th and I got back order notice this morning for May 2.
    I have never submitted anything for grading and only flip raw coins occasionally to reduce the cost of my collection.

I am however impatient and do not like to wait months for my order. I order something because I want it now !!

It is the many impatient collectors, like myself, who add fuel to the fire and dollars to the cost of being the first to have something.

And having been there and done that I can guarantee you that:

" When money talks, product walks"
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

<< <i>I have never submitted anything for grading and only flip raw coins occasionally to reduce the cost of my collection.

I am however impatient and do not like to wait months for my order. I order something because I want it now !!

It is the many impatient collectors who add fuel to the fire and dollars to the cost of being the first to have something.

And having been there and done that I can guarentee you that:

" When money talks, product walks" >>

Patience is virtue....so what do you accomplish by "having it now" mentality for an inanimate product? It's not gonna spoil or loose it's flavor on the bed post overnight. I remember well, when it took the Mint month or even close to a year to mail out their products, and cashing your check immediately. (Most likely before your time) The Mint is not Amazon, but does a much better job than most other worldwide Mints in price and getting their products out in a reasonable time frame. It's been less than 1 month since the HOF became available. The want it NOW generation has been spoiled over the years.
  • PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Patience is virtue....so what do you accomplish by "having it now" mentality for an inanimate product? It's not gonna spoil or loose it's flavor on the bed post overnight. I remember well, when it took the Mint month or even close to a year to mail out their products, and cashing your check immediately. (Most likely before your time) The Mint is not Amazon, but does a much better job than most other worldwide Mints in price and getting their products out in a reasonable time frame. It's been less than 1 month since the HOF became available. The want it NOW generation has been spoiled over the years. >>

Yes...I remember those days well....Waiting for the latest mint catalog of offerings to be mailed out....Then looking it over.....and mailing my order with a check....then waiting MONTHS for delivery of those shiny new proof sets.....folks today don't know how good they actually have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<< <i>Anybody else having problems getting current shipment information for HOF orders? After I log in on Mint site, i go to tracking information and it said that my silvers should have shipped yesterday, the 16th. Oh, the cancel boxes are still there. No reliable tracking information, just the old tracking number for that stupid mint bag which already shipped. Maybe this mint shipping team should swap places with the roll out team for Obama care!!! >>

You think you have problems now.
    Just playing the little red guy's advocate to stimulate debate. As I am over 60 I also remember ordering 5 proof sets and 5 mint
    sets every year as well as the commeratives. The now generation are not the first to want things now, however they are the first
    generation where many can get things now. I grew up under a father who came from a family of 5 kids of a single mother during the depression
    and know what it is like to be dirt poor and harassed by the bill collectors day and night. While touring with a rock band I learned
    what decadence really was and what having what you wanted when you wanted it was like. What scared me the most was my time
    working for a law firm and seeing the real dark side of money and power. Now I work 10 hours a day 5 days a week and spend as much
    of my free time with my family and grandchildren as I can.
    I manage to fit my collecting in 24/7 as I am a silver addict.
  • CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Patience is virtue....so what do you accomplish by "having it now" mentality for an inanimate product? It's not gonna spoil or loose it's flavor on the bed post overnight. I remember well, when it took the Mint month or even close to a year to mail out their products, and cashing your check immediately. (Most likely before your time) The Mint is not Amazon, but does a much better job than most other worldwide Mints in price and getting their products out in a reasonable time frame. It's been less than 1 month since the HOF became available. The want it NOW generation has been spoiled over the years. >>

Yes...I remember those days well....Waiting for the latest mint catalog of offerings to be mailed out....Then looking it over.....and mailing my order with a check....then waiting MONTHS for delivery of those shiny new proof sets.....folks today don't know how good they actually have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

This is like anything else. If someone else gets it first and you don't have it, you wonder why and where is it. However, when you speak of today's generation, why not ask, "Where is it?" A lot has changed since the days of mailing in a form and paying by check. This is the electronic age. You order electronically, you pay electronically, you track your package electronically. The problem is the Mint doesn't keep up with the frenzy of the current hot item. If this were any other item, no one would care as much. But because it is a Hot item and the clock on First Strike has begun, a person that did get their item is making the flip or has their item in to our host for grading. While others can't.
    "I want mine! I ordered within the first hour! The Mint doesn't keep us informed! I don't care about the Bags!" We all whine about this but in the end, the NOW generation became the Whining Generation because we are so used to gadgets that make things go faster. Do I believe there is a better way? Absolutely. Should the Mint step up to the 21st Century with their ordering and distribution system? Absolutely. Will it happen any time soon? Unlikely. So we wait, we whine, we get frustrated. Why? Because the Mint can. They are the only player in town. It isn't like you can shop elsewhere for the item. They are the manufacturer. So until they step up, the consumer continues to suffer.
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."

<< <i>Just playing the little red guy's advocate to stimulate debate >>

You're doing a good jobimage

btw...I'm still a little bid older than you. Hang in there.
  • Did they drive Model T's when you guys were kids?
    Cool OPA,

And by the way I had discovered the key to the waiting room and had my order for 1 of each
    done by 12:01. I already recieved my coins last week. In hindsight I wish I had ordered more.

I accomplished this by taking the time in advance to throughly study the process and being
    prepared with a game plan to get in on sale day. If the mint doesen't make any changes before
    the Gold Kenedys go on sale I expect to be near the front of the line and will order the max if I get in.

And as far as the shipping goes the mint actuall does the best it can with the logistics of the big issues.
    And as its own guidelines states the first in first out is a sub section of its efficient catagories.
    If it were to ship only first in first out it would take much longer.

<< <i>Did they drive Model T's when you guys were kids? >>

Good one...little bid before our time...and my grandfather may have driven one.

My first car was a Studebaker Lark V-8. image
  • Just jokes around. My wife is a couple years older than me and I like asking her questions like did they deliver ice by horse when you were a kid? The look...oh the look I get.
    My first car was the "Green Phantom" a used 1966 Mercury Monterey with half of the front grill and
    headlight assembly from a Mercury Meteor welded on. I had saved up the money from my paper route
    and was the first 16 year old in my class to have a car. My car and the group I hung with had a well
    known reputation at our high school.
    What's wrong with this picture?

<< <i>Did they drive Model T's when you guys were kids? >>

Not too many model t's but I do remember riding in a rumble seat of my fathers coupe.

I don't remember what model of car it was though as it was back in the 40's and I have a hard time remembering yesterday.

<< <i>Just jokes around. My wife is a couple years older than me and I like asking her questions like did they deliver ice by horse when you were a kid? The look...oh the look I get. >>

Yes they did and milk too.
  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What's wrong with this picture?

image >>

Check your email...they probably sent you a May 2nd ship date and back order notice...at least that's what I got for all my 4/16 ship dates.

Erik
    One last non coin story. My wife came from the hills of Italy. When she was a kid they had no heat and
    used the fireplace and ironed the sheets at night to get to sleep on the cold nights. They had no running water
    in the house and had to use an outhouse to go. She told me of being a little girl and every time she got to go
    to town she would see this box of crayons and wish she could afford them. And one christmas her dad had
    enough to order a strand of colored lights for the christmas tree. After one night they shorted out and there was no way to
    fix them and they could not afford to order another set. It made me cry when she told me the story and I could not even
    imagine living like that. We are all blessed to have what we have and should take the time to appreciate it.image

<< <i>What's wrong with this picture?

image >>

What is wrong with the picture is 4/16 has come and gone .
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Check your email...they probably sent you a May 2nd ship date and back order notice...at least that's what I got for all my 4/16 ship dates. >>

I got no such email for all my stuff that was "expected" to be shipped yesterday, and wasn't.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

I got no emails either and mine says in stock and reserved and also still has the cancel box.

<< <i>

<< <i>Check your email...they probably sent you a May 2nd ship date and back order notice...at least that's what I got for all my 4/16 ship dates. >>

I got no such email for all my stuff that was "expected" to be shipped yesterday, and wasn't. >>

Same here.......but, pitboss certainly has a strange scenario going on.

<< <i>

<< <i>Just jokes around. My wife is a couple years older than me and I like asking her questions like did they deliver ice by horse when you were a kid? The look...oh the look I get. >>

Yes they did and milk too. >>

No ice via horse delivery in my time, but the milk was still delivered, door to door, by "milk truck" or van via a uniformed driver.
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What is wrong with the picture is 4/16 has come and gone . >>

The item has to go "in stock and reserved" before it is shipped

I have had 2 different order #'s for silver products that have been "in stock and reserved" for over a week.....usually that would mean it would ship in a couple of days but nooooooooooooo...

...and BTW..ALL my July ship date silver has changed to 6/21 which, we all know, is also totally meaningless

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file