Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• I placed an order for gold on the waiting list. My order went to process and CC pending $4.95. Are they teasing me?
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>On an unrelated note, has anyone heard anything more about a special Kennedy Half this year? >>

Not yet, but expect more of the HOF ordering and shipping confusion and delays when and if the program becomes live.

<< <i>I placed an order for gold on the waiting list. My order went to process and CC pending $4.95. Are they teasing me? >>

Yep. They know it's you and just love pulling your chain. image

• OK....that's funny.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Received Proof and MS HOF Silver Dollars today (one of each), Order #...2327, 12:30 PM 3/27...just shipped to PCGS. I have two more orders (both 1 proof and 1 MS) on 4/5 and 4/9 and both are in process and are back ordered for 7/7/14 ship date...pretty excited, the pictures posted here look pretty amazing.

On an unrelated note, has anyone heard anything more about a special Kennedy Half this year? >>

From a thread that I posed from the Baltimore show:

I was told the following at that show directly by Marc Landry, Assoc. Marketing Director of the U.S. Mint:

Kennedy program likely for august:

2 clad - p and d mintmark

3 90% Ag, three different finish options: unc, rp and enhanced - each from a different mint

Gold possible, undecided
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!

<< <i>

<< <i>Received Proof and MS HOF Silver Dollars today (one of each), Order #...2327, 12:30 PM 3/27...just shipped to PCGS. I have two more orders (both 1 proof and 1 MS) on 4/5 and 4/9 and both are in process and are back ordered for 7/7/14 ship date...pretty excited, the pictures posted here look pretty amazing.

On an unrelated note, has anyone heard anything more about a special Kennedy Half this year? >>

I was told the following at that show directly by Marc Landry, Assoc. Marketing Director of the U.S. Mint:

3 90% Ag, three different finish options: unc, rp and enhanced - each from a different mint

Gold possible, undecided >>

Neat if it happens.
    I was thinking of a 4 coin issue with an anniversary reverse:
    A silver, a gold, a platinum and a palladium. It would be nice time to introduce a palladium commemorative. Certainly unique.

• PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭

Gold possible, undecided >>

It would be nice if they went back to the ORIGINAL Kennedy design....Not the cartoon like portrait they use currently.....
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If PCGS keeps 4/26 as the First Strike cutoff for this issue they will lose out on a lot of revenue >>

I assumed "keep" meant "already established"....Thanks K for the clarification

<< <i>As stated multiple time, no FS cut off date has been set yet. >>

Edited to add: ATS ER cut off date is May 8th
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If PCGS keeps 4/26 as the First Strike cutoff for this issue they will lose out on a lot of revenue >>

Edited to add: ATS ER cut off date is May 8th >>

They may not have set a FS date yet, but they have graded 5 unc HOF gold. (MS-70 First Strike, not Baltimore.)
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Edited to add: ATS ER cut off date is May 8th >>

They may not have set a FS date yet, but they have graded 5 unc HOF gold. (MS-70 First Strike, not Baltimore.) >>

True..but the Mint did not start mailing those out until the first week of April, as such NGC decided to ignore the Baltimore date and I'm sure PCGS will follow.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>True..but the Mint did not start mailing those out until the first week of April, as such NGC decided to ignore the Baltimore date and I'm sure PCGS will follow. >>

I think that's a given. I don't know why anyone would think otherwise. (The RP $50 Buff set that precedent.)

But with those First Strikes, the clock is ticking.

Tick, tick, tick... image
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else hear that there were pallets of gold proof HOF coins on that FedEX truck that burned up

in that California accident ? Maby a much smaller than 50,000 survival mintage ?imageimage
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Probably the ones the coin vault was sending to PCGS for grading.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stack 'em
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good news...you can still buy all the civil rights dollars you want.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
    That's easy, I have all I want already.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Off to PCGS today. 2 silver, 2 gold.
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That's easy, I have all I want already. >>

Lets combine ours together. 0+0=0

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

Goldbully,

What a nice stack you have!!!!!!!image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭

<< <i>By the way, in case there was any question about what happens if you cancel the bags: I canceled 4 bags on 4 separate orders. I just checked and all 4 of my orders have just shipped. The orders were not canceled nor delayed because of the line item cancellation All 4 orders placed were within 15 minutes of the coins going on sale on March 27th. >>

That's great to hear.... Thank You for letting us know...
    I finally got 1 order from 3/27 go to "in stock and reserved" . Time of order was 1:13 pm.
  • BurnieBurnie Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    My Silver Proofs from 3/27 ordered at 2:27 pm just went In stock and reserved.

Gold from the same time frame still showing back ordered 6/1 and 6/21. But at least things seem to be moving...
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Raw gold $5 seems to be fetching around $725-$800 on ebay. A sealed box with the proof went for $840 yesterday.
    I should have 6 of the gold proof in individual boxes to sell unopened next week with any luck.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    Hope these silver HOFs don' spot like the ASEs.
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    And now - the classic profit maximization problem.......

Cert ATS or with our fine sponsors?

Even though pricing may be much different, it all depends on the 70 passing rate

Many a time---- the more profitable decision was lower price, higher percentage 70.
    But if the industry and collectors value tighter grading, lasting value, then lower TPG standards resulting in more 70's will devalue those done the cheaper route. The old saying that the cheap skate always pays the most could be something to consider in your decision.

• GATGAT Posts: 3,146

<< <i>Hope these silver HOFs don' spot like the ASEs. >>

NGC has already graded one HOF Silver Dollar as 66 because of milk spots so the old problem still exists. The 66 sold for around $300 on the bay. Guess the low ballers fought over it.
    USAF vet 1951-59

• << <i>I placed an order for gold on the waiting list. My order went to process and CC pending $4.95. Are they teasing me? >>

Did you get a reusable bag in the mail? I did. I ordered HOF gold and some silvers on the 28 and my order went thru even tho the mint site said the gold was sold out, I figured might as well see what happens. Today a box came in the mail and I figured it might be the silver HOF. I was quite surprised when I opened the box and nothing was in it but the reusable bag. The packing slip indicates everything else is on backorder including the gold HOF. I was also surprised that they charged me $4.95 shipping for a bag I do not want. Question is if I get the silver and gold at various dates is the shipping only charged once? Also, with a order over 300, is all shipping free or is it still 4.95 and the expedited shipping is free?
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>And now - the classic profit maximization problem.......

Cert ATS or with our fine sponsors?

Even though pricing may be much different, it all depends on the 70 passing rate

Many a time---- the more profitable decision was lower price, higher percentage 70. >>

Before you throw your money away on having these graded people should seriously think about selling raw and or unopened. By the time you get these back the market will probably be flooded by the big boys and prices will probably be headed south quickly. People throw away serious profits on grading and fad labels. Something to think about for the flippers reading this thread.
    The problem I see coming up is people receiving their single order coins and their bags at the same time in different boxes and not knowing which is which.

It will be hard to tell as the boxes are the same and weight about the same.

I already got my one and only bag, as I cancelled all the rest, so my next 14 orders will be either gold or silver coins.

The gold are all single coin orders and the silver are 6 or more coin orders so should be easy to tell the difference.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I placed an order for gold on the waiting list. My order went to process and CC pending $4.95. Are they teasing me? >>

Did you get a reusable bag in the mail? I did. I ordered HOF gold and some silvers on the 28 and my order went thru even tho the mint site said the gold was sold out, I figured might as well see what happens. Today a box came in the mail and I figured it might be the silver HOF. I was quite surprised when I opened the box and nothing was in it but the reusable bag. The packing slip indicates everything else is on backorder including the gold HOF. I was also surprised that they charged me $4.95 shipping for a bag I do not want. Question is if I get the silver and gold at various dates is the shipping only charged once? Also, with a order over 300, is all shipping free or is it still 4.95 and the expedited shipping is free? >>

I know this is repetitious and has been addressed many times before. You were charged a shipping fee for one of your orders and not the bag. The bags for some orders are being mailed out separately which makes it appear like you are being charged for the bag.

A) The bags are free with all orders over $75 (while supplies last)
    B) Each order is charged a $4.95 shipping charge regardless of the dollar amount purchased.
    C) The Mint, at this time, does not offer a free shipping option. ( It does so occasionally)
    D) All orders over $300 will automatically receive an upgrade to 2 day shipping.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

<< <i>

Did you get a reusable bag in the mail? I did. I ordered HOF gold and some silvers on the 28 and my order went thru even tho the mint site said the gold was sold out, I figured might as well see what happens. Today a box came in the mail and I figured it might be the silver HOF. I was quite surprised when I opened the box and nothing was in it but the reusable bag. The packing slip indicates everything else is on backorder including the gold HOF. I was also surprised that they charged me $4.95 shipping for a bag I do not want. Question is if I get the silver and gold at various dates is the shipping only charged once? Also, with a order over 300, is all shipping free or is it still 4.95 and the expedited shipping is free? >>

From 'The Bag" thread:

<< <i>Let's make it simple.....

When you place ANY order with the Mint you will be charged $4.95.....

That's about it...

...you will NOT be charged twice....you WILL be charged $4.95....for ANY order >>

<< <i>

<< <i>Hope these silver HOFs don' spot like the ASEs. >>

NGC has already graded one HOF Silver Dollar as 66 because of milk spots so the old problem still exists. The 66 sold for around $300 on the bay. Guess the low ballers fought over it. >>

I thought milk spots were not an issue with the .900 silver??? Do all commem's milk spot??? I thought it was only a .999 issue

• << <i>

<< <i>

From 'The Bag" thread:

<< <i>Let's make it simple.....

When you place ANY order with the Mint you will be charged $4.95.....

That's about it...

...you will NOT be charged twice....you WILL be charged $4.95....for ANY order >>

>>

Thanks for the info, the mint shipping does confuse me and I am getting old (my excuse for all stupid things I do and say, and I have waited a long time to use it). So it is just poor money management as they certainly could have waited and shipped the bag whenever they shipped some part or all of the order. Edited to add, I found the link "The Bag" and now I am enlightened. When I first searched for info I used "HOF Bag" , "reusable Bag" and "US Mint Bag", never thought to just use "bag".
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There shouldn't be any confusion over "what's in multiple boxes" since the tracking numbers on the box will match the numbers shown in your shipping status at the mint website.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

<< <i>There shouldn't be any confusion over "what's in multiple boxes" since the tracking numbers on the box will match the numbers shown in your shipping status at the mint website. >>

If each line is shipped a different day and is so noted than no problem matching line item to tracking number. However on one order bag was shipped Saturday and coin on Monday and

on the website it said both shipped on the same day. Then on my second order two boxes shipped on the same day. Not to worry called mint customer service and talked to Amy both times

and they knew what was in each box. With only .10 difference in weight it is best to confirm with mint if you are going to keep sealed boxes.

Well the mint site is down for maintenance till tomorrow morning.

I hope they don't screw it up worse than it already is.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well the mint site is down for maintenance till tomorrow morning.

I hope they don't screw it up worse than it already is. >>

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only seen bags and coins shipped separately with obvious tracking #s. Are you saying bags and coins are being shipped at once but in separate boxes without specific tracking?
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

<< <i>

<< <i>There shouldn't be any confusion over "what's in multiple boxes" since the tracking numbers on the box will match the numbers shown in your shipping status at the mint website. >>

If each line is shipped a different day and is so noted than no problem matching line item to tracking number. However on one order bag was shipped Saturday and coin on Monday and

on the website it said both shipped on the same day. Then on my second order two boxes shipped on the same day. Not to worry called mint customer service and talked to Amy both times

and they knew what was in each box. With only .10 difference in weight it is best to confirm with mint if you are going to keep sealed boxes. >>

This is exactly what I expected from those idiots.

It is going to be a nightmare for some people.

I'm glad I cancelled all those lousy bags.
    Those proof dollars are selling over a hundred dollars tonight on ebay.

I wish I had all mine in stock right now.
    They are trying to sell NGC 70 Opening Day HOF Silver Dollars, MS or PF, for $600 each right now on cable AAN channel. Yikes!

Now they have a PF70 Opening Day NGC half up for bid...winning bid $500

NGC 69 PF or MS Silver Dollar Opening Day for $499.77 each
    Halves $299.77 PF or MS

They keep saying they have one and one only PF $5 gold.....teasing the watchers to keep watching and or buying? Defiantly

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never heard so many complaints about free bags, LOL!!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    It,s no wonder the price of these coins is going ballistic with those coin shows selling them for moon money.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my silver and gold coins yesterday and today in two separate boxes and have no idea which is which so I'll have to open the boxes to find out..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    I am glad that my silver is in big lots and my gold is in single lots.

It will make it much easier to tell them apart just by the weight alone.
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    The way the mint handled this is like they did with the first 5 ounce silver quarters, the big dealers made out like bandits.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file