Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The problem I see coming up is people receiving their single order coins and their bags at the same time in different boxes and not knowing which is which.

It will be hard to tell as the boxes are the same and weight about the same.

I already got my one and only bag, as I cancelled all the rest, so my next 14 orders will be either gold or silver coins.

The gold are all single coin orders and the silver are 6 or more coin orders so should be easy to tell the difference. >>

Yeah, somebody on Ebay is going to really be mad when they open up their sealed box that they purchased on the secondary market after they bid for a coin only to find a bag inside.
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess AAN was teasing after all. They never did put up the "one and only one" $5 gold PF HOF coin. Maybe on another show since they only have one.

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    The problem I see coming up is people receiving their single order coins and their bags at the same time in different boxes and not knowing which is which.

I always print the shipping confirmation email from the U.S. Mint which includes the item description of what was shipped along with the tracking number in that particular mint order. I also print the U.S. mint order page which also has the tracking number. Then I print the UPS/FedEx delivery confirmation page with also has the tracking number. As long as you have the documentation you can prove what is in the box. Confusing yes, but you can verify by not opening the box. Buyers want this information when you sell unopened boxes.
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well the mint site is down for maintenance till tomorrow morning.

I hope they don't screw it up worse than it already is. >>

Personally, considering the time frame of when they announced the downtime, this has something to do with the heartbleed problem. (If you don't know what that is, google it. Very serious problem.)

It's not just web sites, but anything that used OpenSSL. Routers, load balancers, etc. Everything that would front-end the web servers.

<< <i>The problem I see coming up is people receiving their single order coins and their bags at the same time in different boxes and not knowing which is which.

I always print the shipping confirmation email from the U.S. Mint which includes the item description of what was shipped along with the tracking number in that particular mint order. I also print the U.S. mint order page which also has the tracking number. Then I print the UPS/FedEx delivery confirmation page with also has the tracking number. As long as you have the documentation you can prove what is in the box. Confusing yes, but you can verify by not opening the box. Buyers want this information when you sell unopened boxes. >>

The shipping confirmation e-mail I got for the HOF coins had two tracking numbers on it, listed both my Au, Ag and clad, and in no way indicated what was in which box.

I also didn't get my ship e-mail until the day after I got my Ag and Clad, which was shipped the day before my Au and my bag. So I opened the box and was surprised to find coins, and not a bag...
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    The site is back up and working but there have been no changes to any of my orders.

<< <i>Thanks for the info, the mint shipping does confuse me and I am getting old (my excuse for all stupid things I do and say, and I have waited a long time to use it). So it is just poor money management as they certainly could have waited and shipped the bag whenever they shipped some part or all of the order. >>

Not picking on you timber100, but I've seen this a lot.

First, it's not the mint shipping the bags. It's Novitex. (Formerly PBGS or Pitney-Bowes General Services.) They're a fulfillment company. To them, and item is an item is an item, regardless if it's a crappy bag or a $1000 coin.

If an item is in stock, and the others backordered, they will ship the item in stock. Again, they don't care what the item is, it's just in stock.

Instead of the bag, let's say it was one of the HOF silver dollars. If it was in stock, would you want them to hold that coin until the gold coin became available, which could be two months away?

Still assuming it was a silver dollar, they would ship the coin to you, and with that first shipment, charge you the $4.95 shipping. The gold later would come with no shipping charge.

So right now, the bags are in stock, the HOF coins are not. I'm betting they bags shipped because it's their standard shipping procedure that's contracted with the mint. Because of the way the system works, they may not have even been able to hold the bags until the rest of your order was ready. (I don't know any way to have the mint hold the order until it's all in stock. I have been able to delay an order from shipping for a couple of weeks, but the mint has always shipped stuff when they become available...)
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The old saying that the cheap skate always pays the most could be something to consider in your decision. >>

If you were flipping many of these issues 1999-present, in many cases - percentage of 70's matters - even though price is lower, you still maximize your profit. Huge case in point - 2006 20th Anniversary Sets. There are many other cases as well.

One thing you have to consider, most of those on this forum buying multiples of each issue are not in it to buy and hold. Its called buy and flip.

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

<< <i>By the time you get these back the market will probably be flooded by the big boys and prices will probably be headed south quickly. >>

Depends where price gets set for PR70/MS70 coins - if three or more times the raw flip, and percentages of 70's are pretty high - they go in for grading. Especially the SD's. Gold is a little different. IMO, the percentage gains wont be there - meaning the percentage gain on an SD will likely exceed those of the gold.

Case in point (raw vs grade) - 2009 UHR. 50% or more 70's. Price in a 70FS holder - ? $3k plus. Price in a 69 Holder - ? $2k Price Raw - ? $2k. I think well worth the $50 grading and ship fees. $50 downside, $1000+ upside. What would you choose?

You've got it down Backroad. The problem that adds to the confusion is the poor information that comes out of the mint. They just aren't forthcoming about their thought process. Paul Gilkes told me he would do an investigative piece in Coin World about this shipping mess and the bags. That should shed some light on this depending on how tough the questions are. Could be in this Mondays issue.

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My silver and clad backorders moved to next week last night, however I have seen them move forward and back

one time already. Round and Round and Round it goes, where the lucky shipping wheel stops nobody knows.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • got one last order for silver proofs that just had the date adjusted from 7/7 to 6/21….not as good
    as the previous 4/24 date adjustment that they moved back to 7/7, but it would be nice if they get
    shipped before the 6/30 FS deadline...
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>got one last order for silver proofs that just had the date adjusted from 7/7 to 6/21….not as good
    as the previous 4/24 date adjustment that they moved back to 7/7, but it would be nice if they get
    shipped before the 6/30 FS deadline... >>

6/30 FS deadline? PCGS posted a 5/6 FS deadline

HOF FS deadline
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    I think VirginiaCollector got thrown by the Quarterly Special last day. FS rules still apply meaning if you want the special and you have a sealed box you can get it. The special doesn't extend the open box FS submission deadline.

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    All my U.S. Mint emails have had separate tracking numbers with the description of the item shipped. I guess if you have two tracking numbers in your shipping confirmation email you may have a problem.

We shipped the items listed below today.
    Thank you for shopping at the United States Mint Online
    Catalog; we hope you'll visit again soon.
    Registered users may track their order at www.usmint.gov/
    catalog and guest users with inquiries about their order
    should call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). If you have questions
    about returns or cancellations, please visit www.usmint.gov/
    catalog.
    Thanks again for shopping with the U.S. Mint.
    Electronic gift certificates are now available!

Order #: 4292xxxx Order Date: 3/27/14

Sold To:

Ship To:

Date Shipped: 4/08/14

Amount Charged : 132.65

Tracking ID

1ZE1988X3XXXXXXXXXX

Items included in this shipment:

1. 2014 BASEBALL HOF CLAD UNC (B36) Qty : 7

The mint bag came in a separate order.

I get so annoyed with these people when they give you a "in stock and reserved" on a Friday and leave the cancel box there.

You have to wait until Monday to see what happens next if anything.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Goldbully. This could show that the mint is actually following the "first in first out" policy of shipping orders. If the pop report had shown a couple hundred non show FS's done then we might question whether the big boys got priority shipping from the mint. They probably have their orders sent directly to PCGS to avoid the trans shipping delay of delivery to their office then sending the same packages to PCGS. Next weeks pop report will show a big jump in the count for the non show coins. How many? We shall see.
    Whats interesting to me is the single PF half graded so far. Just one? Never expected that.

• I received my proof dollar yesterday and I'm pretty pleased with it. But of course these coins look do best in a PCGS holder image

Radiant Collection: Numismatics and Exonumia of the Atomic Age.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase/3232

<< <i>Thanks Goldbully. This could show that the mint is actually following the "first in first out" policy of shipping orders. If the pop report had shown a couple hundred non show FS's done then we might question whether the big boys got priority shipping from the mint. They probably have their orders sent directly to PCGS to avoid the trans shipping delay of delivery to their office then sending the same packages to PCGS. Next weeks pop report will show a big jump in the count for the non show coins. How many? We shall see.
    Whats interesting to me is the single PF half graded so far. Just one? Never expected that. >>

Talked to Apmex on Tuesday and they already had a shipment at PCGS being graded. There have been times when the reported populations have
    been behind before. It will appear that not many were graded for a week or two then the numbers will explode.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the Mint picked out some good ones to take to Baltimore.
    I never had any doubt on that. They were out to make a good impression.
    Shameless re-post of FS Pops........................................for those that are remotely interested.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks GB....I'll need those numbers for my submissions....
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Is PCGS now listing First Strike pops on their own line? I know with the Spouse coins you click on the "+" to get fs numbers or at least is used to be that way.

Oh wait, I see it is the expanded view. Never mind. Still, the fs seem low considering we are still in the submission window.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mint rep said NO SHIPPING this Wednesday...they are doing inventory............WTH ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • Well ever order I placed has had its bag shipped yesterday. I have close to 30 bags that shipped yesterday (Sunday) so now I know all my orders for gold (unc&proof) went threw. It amazes me I am good to go with my orders being placed after 7pm. Most of them have June shipping dates except my gold which is for April 16th. We shall see!!!!

I will be donating my bags to the local food bank to give to the elderly to reuse. Cant find anything better to do with them!

<< <i>Mint rep said NO SHIPPING this Wednesday...they are doing inventory............WTH ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? >>

Why didn't they do their damn inventory over the past weekend?

They have no consideration for their customers.

Three years ago i swore I would never deal with the mint again but got sucked in this final time again.

This is the last time i guarantee you, it is not worth the trouble.

• << <i>

<< <i>Mint rep said NO SHIPPING this Wednesday...they are doing inventory............WTH ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? >>

Why didn't they do their damn inventory over the past weekend?

They have no consideration for their customers.

Three years ago i swore I would never deal with the mint again but got sucked in this final time again.

This is the last time i guarantee you, it is not worth the trouble. >>

imageimage
    Thats me being reeled in again!
  • brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    PCGS graded available to purchase from " lccoins.com".

Lccoins link
  • PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PCGS graded available to purchase from " lccoins.com".

Lccoins link >>

Way TOO PRICEY....Much better deals to be had on EBAY.....
    New numbers through 4/13/2014:

B31 2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD PROOF 39,187
    B32 2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD UNC 21,993
    B33 2014 BASEBALL HOF SILVER PROOF 275,516
    B34 2014 BASEBALL HOF SILVER UNC 144,973
    B35 2014 BASEBALL HOF CLAD PROOF 111,017
    B36 2014 BASEBALL HOF CLAD UNC 69,445
    Anybody waiting for coin deliveries this week can forget about it as that inventory is for the 16th, 17th, and 18th.

So unless you have a tracking number today or tomorrow you may as well go back to sleep.
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks Goldbully. This could show that the mint is actually following the "first in first out" policy of shipping orders. If the pop report had shown a couple hundred non show FS's done then we might question whether the big boys got priority shipping from the mint. They probably have their orders sent directly to PCGS to avoid the trans shipping delay of delivery to their office then sending the same packages to PCGS. Next weeks pop report will show a big jump in the count for the non show coins. How many? We shall see.
    Whats interesting to me is the single PF half graded so far. Just one? Never expected that. >>

Talked to Apmex on Tuesday and they already had a shipment at PCGS being graded. There have been times when the reported populations have
    been behind before. It will appear that not many were graded for a week or two then the numbers will explode. >>

Apmex has them in stock and they are the first Pitch Balt labels...
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone cares........I got my Proof Clad halves today. Ordered 5:00 PM on first day. Grateful about that.

The Unc half and both dollars show a 4/16 ship date. Same order. Not holding my breath.

The ones I did get today took 7 days, FedEx to my PO Box.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Those new 4/13 numbers telling us approx. 10k gold and approx 20k silver orders will be cancelled ?
    They must have gone through all of the orders and figured out which ones were good and which were bad.

Now doing inventory of what they have and what they need to still mint.

Probably start shipping the rest of what they have on hand next week and the rest in July after minting the balances of the coins.

There are going to be a lot of unhappy campers.

• << <i>New numbers through 4/13/2014:

B36 2014 BASEBALL HOF CLAD UNC 69,445 >>

If these numbers are correct the mint should show HOF Silver Dollars sold out?
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    First, I agree there are going to be A LOT of unhappy campers who have no clue they are on the waiting list. No notification, so soft blow here....just toast in June or July. I can't believe they went 10,000 OVER the gold and freakin 20,000 over on the silver......I could see a few thousand but over 10k each??? Lame......

Second, the "inventory" being done over three days is an inventory of all Mint products on hand and not related to just the HOF coins.
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    I recently checked my order for some silver HOF and noticed the cancel box gone and in stock an reserved with an expected ship date over 2 months from now. I don't ever remember that happening on an order before. Makes no sense to me unless it is just referring to the bag. If so that is ridiculous.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
    What is really going to bite on these coins that have been ordered and the bags shipped is when the orders get cancelled and everyone is stuck with the $4.95 charge for the bag and no coin that was part of the order.

All the bags have shipped and the $4.95 has been charged.

The coins as part of that order will be shipped free now.

Maybe, if they don't run out first.

<< <i>Those new 4/13 numbers telling us approx. 10k gold and approx 20k silver orders will be cancelled ? >>

Not exactly.

There will be order cancellations, credit card and other problems that will reduce the overall number. But there'll be a lot of disappointed people who ordered the Au late. (I still think if you have a July backorder date on the Au you're on the waiting list.)

That may seem excessive, but they had something like a 20% cancel rate on the SF ASE set.

These numbers will be adjusted down to max mintage when the official numbers are released tomorrow. They usually are.

<< <i>

<< <i>New numbers through 4/13/2014:

B36 2014 BASEBALL HOF CLAD UNC 69,445 >>

If these numbers are correct the mint should show HOF Silver Dollars sold out? >>

The order page specifically says you'll be on a waiting list.

<< <i>Waiting List Notice: The number of orders we have taken meets the maximum limit for the 2014 National Baseball Hall of Fame Proof Silver Dollar. You may still place an order for this product, which will go on a waiting list. If a product becomes available because of an order cancellation, we will fulfill orders from the waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis. We cannot provide information about your position on the waiting list. >>

• HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    This will all be sorted out by July.image
  • bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭
    Received 6 clad proof halves total from 3 separate orders, all are game used balls......at least 6 "hits" on each of the coins.

These are all going to make a round trip.

Pitiful.
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • SilverTowne Hall of Fame

SilverTowne just added these tonight.
    So far NGC Opening Day PF70 silver dollars from the Baltimore show have a population of 917 image
  • Silvertowne has a $60 spread between PR69 and PR70. They haven't been paying attention.
    Dang Ya''ll.....MS68 Silver HOF Baltimore First Pitch/Strike sold $182.50 tonight on eBay.

Ebay Link

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file