Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that is actually looking forward to the bag?
  • CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    Gold sold out, now the silver! Buckle up, this ride is about to get very bumpy.
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    1st Rule: Never believe what you hear from a Mint Rep.

2nd Rule: See Rule #1.

Like I said - late SD orders (4/5,4/6) originally ship date of 7/7, cancelled bags. New ship date 4/24. Coincidence? Maybe.

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Possibly because of the crazy bouncing of ship dates. >>

My 2pm Thursday Gold Unc's have a ship date of 7/17 with cancel box and my orders from the NEXT DAY have a ship date of 4/24 and no box

Duh!

As a matter of fact ALL my Thursday orders still have the cancel boxes and ALL the orders I placed Friday (gold/silver) and 7 days later (silver) have no cancel boxes.....
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>I now have two conformation numbers for "bags' however, one is being shipped by UPS and the other by FedEx? I don't recall the Mint ever using two shippers? Am I wrong?

One order is from 3/27 and the other from 4/6... >>

Orders of $300 will come UPS 2nd day Air. Orders under that will come FedEx Smartpost which will be delivered by the USPS >>

I believe there is some crazy delivery service for PO boxes also maybe FEDEX >>

Orders go by only 2 paths. Expedited or UPS 2nd day air and Fedex Smart Post. Orders over $300 get upgraded at no cost by UPS. Regular under $300 orders go by Smart Post where Fedex transports to the near by Post Office and they, the PO, then do the "last mile" delivery. No other method exists. Smart Post would still be used if you lived a mile away from the Indianapolis depot of PBGS, the shipper for all mint products.
    I hate Smart Post. Because of it it takes 20 day to get my package rather than 4 days a flat rate box from USPS would take. >>

I remember from UHR days, people who only have PO Box addresses and orders more than $300.00
    don't get UPS (they don't do PO Box deliveries). straight up FEDEX to PO Box I believe.

(l8-)>>

• erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Am I the only one that is actually looking forward to the bag? >>

I'm using my bag right now. I bring my lunch to work in it. image
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I remember from UHR days, people who only have PO Box addresses and orders more than $300.00
    don't get UPS (they don't do PO Box deliveries). straight up FEDEX to PO Box I believe. >>

Your right, no UPS to PO boxes. It might go by the UPS brand of Smart post. The UHR was awhile ago so contracts may have change since then.
    Fedex Smart Post to a PO hub, PO hub to your PO. Your PO puts it into your box. The mint has contracts for shipping. No exceptions, no thinking outside the box, no common sense shipping even if you live in Indianapolis. Rigid thinking, no deviations, contractual obligations. Now the number of boxes, distributing your order between boxes, single item (the bag) per box...all at the direction of the customer, which is the mint. So PBGS is doing as instructed by the giant brains at the mint and nothing else.

Mint News Blog article about the silver dollars.

• bsshog40bsshog40 Posts: 3,890 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My solo proof dollar went from backorder date of 6/19 to "in process" ship date 4/24.
  • LMMLMM Posts: 92 ✭✭
    I wasn’t at home yesterday when they tried to deliver my1st tracking number for coins. My bag showed up Monday and signature was required! I got both boxes of coins today (Wed) with the 11 silver proofs shipped 1st (I missed yesterday) and the 10 uncirculated gold expected today was the 2nd box shipped, ordered 1st day 12:12 AM. I ordered 6 proof gold Saturday morning 8:50 AM when I realized I ordered the uncirculated rather than the proof by mistake and they went from open to in process, back ordered expected shipment 7/7 and cancel box still available I canceled the bag. I don’t expect to get this order! Who is planning of sending into PCGS or sell off extra's in Mint packing ungraded?

<< <i>

<< <i>I.all at the direction of the customer, which is the mint. So PBGS is doing as instructed by the giant brains at the mint and nothing else. >>

from mint FAQ

Expedited shipping will be sent via one of two methods. APO, FPO and P.O. Box addresses are serviced by USPS Priority Mail with signature required. Orders shipped by Priority Mail can be tracked through the USPS Web site. All other addresses are serviced by UPS (Air and International). Orders shipped by UPS can be tracked through the UPS Web site.

correction, not via FEDEX, same shipping policy still in effect. PBGS contract hasn't yet changed

(l8-)>>

<< <i>
    Expedited shipping will be sent via one of two methods. APO, FPO and P.O. Box addresses are serviced by USPS Priority Mail with signature required. Orders shipped by Priority Mail can be tracked through the USPS Web site. All other addresses are serviced by UPS (Air and International). Orders shipped by UPS can be tracked through the UPS Web site.

correction, not via FEDEX, same shipping policy still in effect. PBGS contract hasn't yet changed >>

I don't have a PO box. Thanks for the info. But non expedited orders go via Fedex Smart post. 90+% of my orders go this route and I hate it because of the looooong time it take.

I agree, I get smart post to address, better now, used to take a week guaranteed.

they would park it at the depot if it got there early. but USPS seems faster/cheaper.

But that's government contacting for you

(l8-)>>

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bag and gold came in separate boxes today. You can't tell the boxes apart. Neither rattle. If you're leaving them unopened make sure you mark your boxes. Or if you're buying unopened ones check the weight before opening. The bag only boxes weigh 200 grams. The single coin gold boxes weigh 247 grams.
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I got my one and only bag yesterday as I cancelled all the rest so mine will not get mixed up.

They are shipping by order number so don't pay any attention to what the projected ship date is.

They do not have any more silver coins at the warehouse right now but expect another shipment.

Right now all they have to ship are gold coins which will start shipping tomorrow and it will go by first in first out.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got my one and only bag yesterday as I cancelled all the rest so mine will not get mixed up.

They are shipping by order number so don't pay any attention to what the projected ship date is.

They do not have any more silver coins at the warehouse right now but expect another shipment.

Right now all they have to ship are gold coins which will start shipping tomorrow and it will go by first in first out. >>

Just got my 5 gold proofs.....haven't opened the box yet. image
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copied from page 2

<< <i>#42921xxx
    On hold
    All three proofs w/shp date 3/29 >>

UPS came today.

Spectacular bag!
    WTG Mint. I'll have to add that one to my bag collection. It's larger than my Coin Cottage bag or my Geld Museum bag.
    Sweet.

Oh...the coins. image

All three proofs rock. I was very surprised by how great the proof clad half looked.
    I only got six of those bad boys but I'll be in for a few more.
    Great gift idea!
    The gold packaging leaves something to be desired. It's just not special enough. That'll be moot if I keep them all in plastic though.

The gold proofs and silver $1 proofs are all 70s. image
    Now to see if PCGS agrees.
    I'm sending them in tomorrow.

edit to say it's box the gold proofs come in I don't care for, not the case that holds the coin.

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I received the HOF coins today - Order 42920xxx- Really like the silver dollar. Here are some quick phone pics.

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Received notification from the Mint this morning that
    two items are being shipped: Clad Proof Half Dollar &
    the bag everyone has been chatting about. At least with
    my order, they are shipping a coin along with the bag ! LOL

😏 >>

the above notification was received last night.

Wednesday - April 9th. 5:00 PM

Mint notified me that they shipped the UNC Half Dollar.

My conf. Number is 42938XXX

Although not the Gold or Silver versions, I am excited to see the coin, regardless.

EDIT:

4/10/2014 - 5:00 PM
    UPS dropped off the first shipment, the Proof Half Dollar and the vinyl shopping bag.
    Am thrilled with the coin, the bag ? Not so much.

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
    Order number 42920xxx, 12:20pm, 3/27, one of each
    Bag received yesterday, filled out paper work, pre-assembled shipping box and addressed to PCGS
    All coins delivered today by UPS, two boxes, gold in one box, silver and clad in the other, 2:15pm
    Opened and inspected, all look like 70's to me but....
    Removed all from the mint capsules, put in the PCGS supplied flips, boxed up in the small USPS flat rate priority box, sealed with thread reinforced paper tape, sent off at the post office for grading, 2:50pm
    Waiting chapter 2 begins

• northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I received the HOF coins today - Order 42920xxx- Really like the silver dollar. Here are some quick phone pics.

image >>

Nice phone pics. Proofs?

<< <i>Opened and inspected, all look like 70's to me but....
    Removed all from the mint capsules, put in the PCGS supplied flips >>

I never take them out of the capsules....ship 'em as they are.
  • jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver HOF coins are now on wait list.

Sold out by the end of today?
    They were placed on the wait list yesterday afternoon
  • badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    Order #42943XXX for silver placed 27 Mar @ 3:43 pm backordered, expected to ship 4/16. Bag delivered.

Order #43013XXX for silver placed 1 Apr 11:47 am backordered, expected to ship 6/21. Bag shipped.

Just checked CC. A third bag charge is pending. Must be for order #42977XXX placed for a gold proof on 28 Mar @2:17 pm when the waiting list was in effect. Perhaps I'll see the coin.

Have a 4th order #42990XXX for a gold proof placed 29 Mar @ 8:07 pm. Not holding my breath.
  • giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My orders shipped today. The tracking numbers from the Mint start with 9210 and end with UPS. This is to a PO Box. Unfortunately when you click the tracking link nothing shows up. This is my PO Box. Does anyone know if they have finally gotten a clue and shipped them via USPS? The link apparently tries to track them through FedEx, which as we all know around here (don't we?) does not deliver to PO Boxes.

My order number was 429216XX. Thanks,

Best Regards,

George
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.

<< <i>

<< <i>Opened and inspected, all look like 70's to me but....
    Removed all from the mint capsules, put in the PCGS supplied flips >>

I never take them out of the capsules....ship 'em as they are. >>

I wouldn't trust any one else to do it. One slip and there goes a scratch right across the face. Ouch! And I want to keep the original government packaging together. I know, you can request return of the capsules but that would mean letting some one else do the removing. BTW, these were the tightest capsules I've encountered. So the possibility of a slip was greater. Nice curve to fit the coins though.

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems that too few people care enough to make the extra effort to do something carefully or correctly.

Anything I can do myself to prevent a possible problem, I do. image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭
    Got mine today. I think the mint did a great job. Those are pretty coins.

<< <i>image

It seems that too few people care enough to make the extra effort to do something carefully or correctly.

Anything I can do myself to prevent a possible problem, I do. image >>

That's why I leave them IN the capsules....to prevent scratching/rubbing when placing in the flips...especially gold

<< <i>Got mine today. I think the mint did a great job. Those are pretty coins. >>

With all of the flack from the Waiting Room to the Bag complaints and the movement of the shipping dates.... I have to say once the coins are in hand, they don't disappoint. They look great! image
    By the way, in case there was any question about what happens if you cancel the bags: I canceled 4 bags on 4 separate orders. I just checked and all 4 of my orders have just shipped. The orders were not canceled nor delayed because of the line item cancellation All 4 orders placed were within 15 minutes of the coins going on sale on March 27th.
  • spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭
    But, but I WANT my bags!
  • WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just saw an MS70 for sale on eBay ...

Is this a special slab to handle the curved coin?

eBay Link

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ordered sliver Proofs at 5 PM first day.
    Expected to ship on 6/1, if you can believe that.
    Can I miss First Strike if I ordered First Day?

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

<< <i>I ordered sliver Proofs at 5 PM first day.
    Can I miss First Strike if I ordered First Day? >>

My 209pm silver proofs order says 6/21 so you are better than me by ordering later....image
  • BurnieBurnie Posts: 441 ✭✭✭

If PCGS keeps 4/26 as the First Strike cutoff for this issue they will lose out on a lot of revenue... Which means First Pitch and the relatively few First Strike coins will become very desirable... but who collects labels? image
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580

<< <i>

My 209pm silver proofs order says 6/21 so you are better than me by ordering later....image >>

Just checked again (checked 3 hours ago) and now my 209p and 222p say ship 4/16
    Ok BigA,. I here ya.

For my two orders there have been literally dozens & dozens of expected ship date scenarios.

It is not worth putting any stock into it BUT what else do we have to go by?

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

Since the Mint hasn't really notified ANYONE that they are on the "waiting list" (for the gold) I can't wait until those orders get toasted after weeks of shipping date changes...

...and...another thing....the orders that I placed AFTER day one ALL have their cancel boxes removed....my 1st day orders still have them..

I think the Mint is being proactive against those who ordered just for the heck of it and maybe planned to cancel if delivery was prolonged......crafty suckers those Mint people
  • GATGAT Posts: 3,146

<< <i>Since the Mint hasn't really notified ANYONE that they are on the "waiting list" (for the gold) I can't wait until those orders get toasted after weeks of shipping date changes...

...and...another thing....the orders that I placed AFTER day one ALL have their cancel boxes removed....my 1st day orders still have them..

I think the Mint is being proactive against those who ordered just for the heck of it and maybe planned to cancel if delivery was prolonged......crafty suckers those Mint people >>

In the past I have been able to cancel orders after the boxes disappeared by calling then. Have no idea of what their policy is today.
    USAF vet 1951-59
    I don't think they make specific individual notification of waitlisting,
    they only post the disclaimer on the order page

(l8-)>>

Exactly....
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

If PCGS keeps 4/26 as the First Strike cutoff for this issue they will lose out on a lot of revenue... Which means First Pitch and the relatively few First Strike coins will become very desirable... but who collects labels? image >>

I'm sure PCGS will follow in NGC's footsteps and ignore the Baltimore date. They did last year for the 2,000 reverse Buffalo's that were issued at the N.O. ANA.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    As stated multiple time, no FS cut off date has been set yet. Rather than asking here with out reading any other posts first, check for your self. Top of this page click on PCGS. 1/4 down the page on the left click on Services. Scroll down till on the left you see First Strike, click on it. On the first strike page scroll down and at the bottom of the list click on more. Scroll all the way down and you will see the latest coin and it's cut off date for FS. If you don't see any HOF coins, no date has been set yet. Come on people do a little research before you ask expecting someone else to do the research for you.

<< <i>Come on people do a little research before you ask expecting someone else to do the research for you. >>

Whoa.
    I know you aren't referring to me. Have never asked any one to do research in the past and don't plan to.

I know a date has not been set.

I know exactly where find the cut off dates for previous coins.

My question was "Can I miss First Strike if I ordered First Day?"
    I'll answer my own question with a "yes, it's possible".

• << <i>As stated multiple time, no FS cut off date has been set yet. Rather than asking here with out reading any other posts first, check for your self. Top of this page click on PCGS. 1/4 down the page on the left click on Services. Scroll down till on the left you see First Strike, click on it. On the first strike page scroll down and at the bottom of the list click on more. Scroll all the way down and you will see the latest coin and it's cut off date for FS. If you don't see any HOF coins, no date has been set yet. Come on people do a little research before you ask expecting someone else to do the research for you. >>

Yeah, imagine someone asking for help...
    Sorry. I came across irritated. The question has been asked and answered so many times. Help was asked for and given over and over.

<< <i>Sorry. I came across irritated. The question has been asked and answered so many times. Help was asked for and given over and over. >>

All good. Don't give it another thought.

This has been such a fun and positive event that even a Modern basher like myself has put aside the prejudice for the time being.

Also, it has drawn in new blood as well as those who have dormant here for a while so there are bound to be redundant and elementary questions. Especially when a thread goes over 500 posts.

E Pluribus Unum.

• Received Proof and MS HOF Silver Dollars today (one of each), Order #...2327, 12:30 PM 3/27...just shipped to PCGS. I have two more orders (both 1 proof and 1 MS) on 4/5 and 4/9 and both are in process and are back ordered for 7/7/14 ship date...pretty excited, the pictures posted here look pretty amazing.

On an unrelated note, has anyone heard anything more about a special Kennedy Half this year?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file