Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still on backorder for the silver coins. Expected shipping 04/16.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • My proof silver in stock and cancel box gone, Order 42923*** placed at 12:40.
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first in first out shipping never occurs with products like this.

Its the big guys out first then most of the early orders next, however not compleatly in order,

then the left overs in no particular order.image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Also order 42920*** placed at 12:21 in stock and cancel box gone for 50 proof silver.
  • My two orders were relatively small and first one placed at 4 minutes past 12. Both bags arrived today , both orders shipped today. All silver proofs.
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The first in first out shipping never occurs with products like this.

Its the big guys out first then most of the early orders next, however not compleatly in order,

then the left overs in no particular order.image >>

To at least partially confirm your theory, note the first posting from the "big guys", ie. coin vault, hsn etc, offering the slabbed coins with on screen shots of in hand slabbed coins. If it's before you get yours back from your TPG then thats a strong suggestion that they got shipped first and the mint is not following first-in-first-out policy. Of course they may say they had them shipped direct to the TPG where as you had them shipped home and then to the TPG. It would take a congressional investigation reviewing actual mint shipping logs to prove anything. Then what?

IT seams that the shipping is the only part done as a real business would. Put orders together in different groups based on size and product

in a manner that facilitates the fastest way to get the orders out the door. To do that in a reasonable way for shipments this large you have to

bypass the FIFO method as that would slow shipping to a snails pace.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
    Are pallets of gold in OGP, silver in OGP and clad in OGP, in proof and unc sub catagories shipped to PB or pre boxed per order at the mint before shipping to PB for distribution? My guess is the sorting, picking per order and stuffing shipping boxes is done at PB. Putting coins into OGP may happen at the mint.

Shipping label created for second shipment. it is 0.80 lbs and the first was 0.90 lbs. difference could be

one chund of that brown filling paper they use. I don't think the weight is accurate enough to tell the

difference between two gold coins and two silver coins. It could also be gold and silver proof and

gold and silver uncirculated. if anybody opens similar orders please post weight an contents.

Thanks,

Dennis

<< <i>Are pallets of gold in OGP, silver in OGP and clad in OGP, in proof and unc sub catagories shipped to PB or pre boxed per order at the mint before shipping to PB for distribution? My guess is the sorting, picking per order and stuffing shipping boxes is done at PB. Putting coins into OGP may happen at the mint. >>

THe most logical is all are in opg and put into sealed mint cases of a certain number at the mint then sent to Indianapolis for distribution.

However, if they are put together by PB or another party that would explain why the quality of packaging many products has gone sharply down hill the last few years.

Whole cases are shipped for big orders. You might remember seeing pictures of the pallets of ASE sets shipped to Silvertown

By the way I was born in Indianapolis, Indiana and proud to be a Hoosier !!!!!!!!!
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, look what I got today. I thought it was going to be a bag...

Silver Proof:

Silver Unc:

Clad Proof:

Clad Unc (which certainly looks shiney to me! image )

An oblique look at the coins:

No gold in this box. I have two other tracking numbers though...
  • Love the look of those proofs.
    Congrats Backroad....first in hand....first photos

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    I got my bag today!! WOOHOO!!!
    I'll come up with something.

• << <i>

<< <i>Are pallets of gold in OGP, silver in OGP and clad in OGP, in proof and unc sub catagories shipped to PB or pre boxed per order at the mint before shipping to PB for distribution? My guess is the sorting, picking per order and stuffing shipping boxes is done at PB. Putting coins into OGP may happen at the mint. >>

I KNOW FOR A FACT

Coins struck at the phiily mint are sent out to be packaged and is no longer done at the mint!
  • so I would assume it is the same way in denver
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Those clads look much better than I expected. Thanks for the pix.

(l8-)>>

<< <i>I KNOW FOR A FACT

Coins struck at the phiily mint are sent out to be packaged and is no longer done at the mint! >>

Ah...so it is all contracted out. Thanks

• Can i ask Backroad , whats the little mark between the B and the E on the proof ?

<< <i>Can i ask Backroad , whats the little mark between the B and the E on the proof ? >>

It's not there anymore, so it was probably lint. I wasn't very careful about that. image

Oh, new numbers from the mint, numbers updated 4/6:

Commemoratives B31 2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD PROOF 39,269
    Commemoratives B32 2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD UNC 22,015
    Commemoratives B33 2014 BASEBALL HOF SILVER PROOF 235,241
    Commemoratives B34 2014 BASEBALL HOF SILVER UNC 120,155
    Commemoratives B35 2014 BASEBALL HOF CLAD PROOF 99,021
    Commemoratives B36 2014 BASEBALL HOF CLAD UNC 63,252

They took 61K gold orders.

355K silver orders through yesterday. 45K left?

I still don't think clad will sell out.
  • Uncirculated Silver Dollar (B34) backorder data just jumped from 6/16 to 7/7 afew minutes ago, early warning for sold out??
    To the free man, the country is the collection of individuals who compose it, not something over and above them. -M. Friedman
  • Just placed an order for 2 more Silver Proofs. I can always cancel if I am on the waiting list.

On a positive note... I just checked my Gold Proof order from 4:50PM on Thursday ( #42949XXX ) and it went from On Hold to In Process and cancel boxes are gone. Credit card has been pinged for 2 $4.95 charges... so 2 more bags headed my way. Hoping this locks me in on the Gold Proof since they are shipping me the bag. image

• << <i>

<< <i>Can i ask Backroad , whats the little mark between the B and the E on the proof ? >>

It's not there anymore, so it was probably lint. I wasn't very careful about that. image

thanks image

• stckplungestckplunge Posts: 469 ✭✭

<< <i>

Oh, new numbers from the mint, numbers updated 4/6:

Commemoratives B31 2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD PROOF 39,269
    Commemoratives B32 2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD UNC 22,015
    Commemoratives B33 2014 BASEBALL HOF SILVER PROOF 235,241
    Commemoratives B34 2014 BASEBALL HOF SILVER UNC 120,155
    Commemoratives B35 2014 BASEBALL HOF CLAD PROOF 99,021
    Commemoratives B36 2014 BASEBALL HOF CLAD UNC 63,252

They took 61K gold orders.

355K silver orders through yesterday. 45K left?

I still don't think clad will sell out. >>

Actually numbers cam out this morning and there are less than 36,000 of all silver dollar types available. As of early this morning!!!

Jeff
  • ClosedLoopClosedLoop Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭
    FWIW
    cancel box is gone
    ordered 1 gold unc @ 4:29 EST
    figglehorn

• << <i>FWIW
    cancel box is gone
    ordered 1 gold unc @ 4:29 EST >>

That happened on my 2 Silver Proofs that I ordered on the 28th... They shipped the bag and the cancel box on the coins came back a few days later.

Just hoping that it locks me in on the coins once they see my Credit Card is good.
  • BurnieBurnie Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    All 7 of my orders from 3/27 at 2:15 to 2:28 are now in process.

Interestingly an order for the Silver Unc's placed this Saturday has also just changed to in process...

Dates for my 7 orders are either 4/16 or 6/1. I expect both these dates to change as the mint continues to ship earlier orders.
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Order placed at 12:12 for 1 each gold proof, unc, silver proof , unc.
    Got bag today, waiting for coins to ship.

Strange: Second order for 1 ea gold proof, unc. scheduled ship 6/14 and cancel boxes are gone already.
  • erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Order placed at 12:12 for 1 each gold proof, unc, silver proof , unc.
    Got bag today, waiting for coins to ship.

Strange: Second order for 1 ea gold proof, unc. scheduled ship 6/14 and cancel boxes are gone already. >>

I don't want to say it, but I smell a Texas conspiracy. image

Edited to add, my bag got here today. I'd feel better except my ups guy delivered at 8 pm in a rain/hail storm.... For a bag.
  • I've been away for a week, so I finally got to see these in person today at the office. I think these look awesome, especially the proof dollar (which is what I ended up ordering).

Radiant Collection: Numismatics and Exonumia of the Atomic Age.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase/3232

• ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have to sign for the bag or will they dump it at the front door?

<< <i>Do you have to sign for the bag or will they dump it at the front door? >>

Check your tracking number...it will show whether you have to sign or not

• kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Do you have to sign for the bag or will they dump it at the front door? >>

I had to sign.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did sign and Bajjerfan did not sign.....who knew?

On another note, I look forward to seeing Phil's TrueViews on these HOF baseball coins.
    Thanks for checking in Phil.
    Maybe your assistant is already on the case. image
  • I need to experiment with these coins a bit more. The reverse of the mint state ones have been the most bothersome so far.

Radiant Collection: Numismatics and Exonumia of the Atomic Age.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase/3232

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I need to experiment with these coins a bit more. The reverse of the mint state ones have been the most bothersome so far. >>

Is it a convex vs. concave thing? image
  • pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    I assume since the HOF package coming tomorrow weights .50 lbs it is the wonderful bag.
  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've been away for a week, so I finally got to see these in person today at the office. I think these look awesome, especially the proof dollar (which is what I ended up ordering). >>

...You Rock Phil! Welcome Home, my current submissions have missed you image

<< <i>I need to experiment with these coins a bit more. The reverse of the mint state ones have been the most bothersome so far. >>

...I trust that your experiment will yield brilliant results...As Always image

Erik
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My clad proofs shipped today -- ord 3/28 0104 hrs EST. None of my other orders (all specie) around this time have moved or are in ISAR but most bag shipping has hit my card. Why would they ship a bag associated with an order if the order will be cancelled?

Remain an OPTIMIST!
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • DaggoBDaggoB Posts: 333 ✭✭
    I ordered two of each HOF coin. All have shipped except the uncirculated silver. In stock and reserved. Expected shipping date is 4/3 which was four days ago. Cancel box showed up today. My order was placed at 12:17 PST. Why would this happen? Will probably call the mint in the morning.

I found the convex side of both silver a PITA. I was wearing a green sweatshirt, and the green showed up very clearly on the near side of the coin. I envision taking these straight down into a black box to avoid the reflections.

I also had a problem with the depth of focus when taking close macro pics. A really strong light source would help. (I ended up taking the pics in ambient since I don't have a handy light table, and even stray light from my computer monitor would show up like a security mirror.

The convex side (other than having to get everything in focus from the rim to the bottom) is a piece of cake... image

<< <i>

<< <i>I KNOW FOR A FACT

Coins struck at the phiily mint are sent out to be packaged and is no longer done at the mint! >>

Ah...so it is all contracted out. Thanks >>

That could explain the poor quality of packaging the last couple of years.image

<< <i>I assume since the HOF package coming tomorrow weights .50 lbs it is the wonderful bag. >>

both of my bag only boxes, one ups and one usps, weighed .30 lbs. maybe something extra in yours

like an extra piece of brown paper packaging filler or a Coin ?????image

<< <i>

<< <i>I assume since the HOF package coming tomorrow weights .50 lbs it is the wonderful bag. >>

both of my bag only boxes, one ups and one usps, weighed .30 lbs. maybe something extra in yours

like an extra piece of brown paper packaging filler or a Coin ?????image >>

Now that I have official shipping notices from the mint (which arrived a day after my clad and silver and my CC has *still* not been charged for the coins), one box contained all my clad a silver HOF coins (arrived yesterday), one box (arriving today) will contain my gold UNC, and another box (also arriving today) will have my bag and ASE Proof...

JFYI, a clad coin with packaging weighs ~47 grams, a silver dollar with packaging weighs ~125 grams. Pretty consistantly, too.

<< <i>

Now that I have official shipping notices from the mint (which arrived a day after my clad and silver and my CC has *still* not been charged for the coins), one box contained all my clad a silver HOF coins (arrived yesterday), one box (arriving today) will contain my gold UNC, and another box (also arriving today) will have my bag and ASE Proof...

>>

Wait, your coins showed up at your door before you received a tracking number from the mint and before they charged your CC? Did I read that correct?
    The mint and their fullfillment people are overloaded with this issue. I have see all kinds of delays in holds,

conformation emails, shipping emails, credit card pings & charges, cancel boxes. Most should catch up and

be ok, however it is my experience with this much volume that some things will fall thru the cracks. The

good news is that things are moving and orders are going out. Be patient and monitor your account. Call customer

service if something does not look right. While they might not have an answer if it is just normal delays they will

most likely be able to tell if their actually is a problem with your order. good luck to all who ordered.image
    Looks like mine are shipping today. Tracking numbers received. Now I just need to figure out what I want to do with them. image
  • My orders from 7:30 to 7:50 all went in process. The unc gold is the only one with a 6/17 ship date but proof gold are good to go and bags have already been shipped. Checked my CC and my proof golds are all pending. So much for the waitlist at 6:30.

<< <i>

<< <i>
    >>

Wait, your coins showed up at your door before you received a tracking number from the mint and before they charged your CC? Did I read that correct? >>

Pretty much. I knew the tracking numbers because they were posted on my order page at the mint, but didn't receive the e-mail about it (and what was in each package) until this morning. (I figured it was the bag that was coming yesterday, it was my Ag and Clad. Nice surprise. image )

And no, they *still* haven't charged my CC, nor are there any pending charges still hanging around. But not to worry, I'm *sure* they'll get around to it... image
  • CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    Completed Ebay sales for raw gold proof and uncirculated look to have moved into the $675 to $700 range already. Guess I should have maxed out the CCs. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file