Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    All my orders are in process now except for the one I put in yesterday for 6 proof silvers which is on my orders list now.

I bought that one to replace the first order which should be here any day now that i sold already (7 silver proof unopened for $750).

Probably should not have sold it but figured I could make $300 and still get an order in to replace it.
  • Woo Hoo! My free mint bag arrived today. I think I'll send it in for certification, with FIrst Strike designation, of course.
    Greg
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>All my orders are in process now except for the one I put in yesterday for 6 proof silvers which is on my orders list now.

I bought that one to replace the first order which should be here any day now that i sold already (7 silver proof unopened for $750).

Probably should not have sold it but figured I could make $300 and still get an order in to replace it. >>

I'd say wise move as once the flood hits the prices should drop.

Figure 300 on 350, not to shabby, considering the gold proofs out at $675 would be 425/675 pre-tax nets with no store rate is only $150.

So would you rather spend 350 to pop 300 or spend 425 to pop $150?
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    IMO - I think we will see a dealer buy in the range of 115/100 for Proof/Unc Dollars after sellout. Much like the Buffalo Dollars. I think on a percentage/raw coin basis the SD's will do the best.

Much nicer to move the whole lot to a dealer than to do the "oneseys/twoseys" on ebay and pay the fee.

• << <i>IMO - I think we will see a dealer buy in the range of 115/100 for Proof/Unc Dollars after sellout. Much like the Buffalo Dollars. I think on a percentage/raw coin basis the SD's will do the best.

Much nicer to move the whole lot to a dealer than to do the "oneseys/twoseys" on ebay and pay the fee. >>

Would you send the gold in for grading? Thanks
    I am quite happy with the $300 profit seeing as how the coins have not arrived yet.

The stupid bag for those 7 coins is supposed to arrive today so the coins can not be that far behind.

That is the only bag I am getting as I have cancelled the other 12, I would have cancelled that one too if i had known they were shipping them separately.

All my orders are in the free ship category to keep the costs down and all the gold is in single orders so i can sell them separate auctions on ebay as unopened.

<< <i>

<< <i>IMO - I think we will see a dealer buy in the range of 115/100 for Proof/Unc Dollars after sellout. Much like the Buffalo Dollars. I think on a percentage/raw coin basis the SD's will do the best.

Much nicer to move the whole lot to a dealer than to do the "oneseys/twoseys" on ebay and pay the fee. >>

Would you send the gold in for grading? Thanks >>

I, personally, would not.

I will sell mine unopened in mint shipping containers and will do good enough to make me happy.

Let someone else get them graded as its expensive , time consuming, and You could miss the prime selling opportunity.

But what do i know, I'm just a flipper.

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>IMO - I think we will see a dealer buy in the range of 115/100 for Proof/Unc Dollars after sellout. Much like the Buffalo Dollars. I think on a percentage/raw coin basis the SD's will do the best.

Would you send the gold in for grading? Thanks >>

I, personally, would not.

I will sell mine unopened in mint shipping containers and will do good enough to make me happy.

Let someone else get them graded as its expensive , time consuming, and You could miss the prime selling opportunity.

But what do i know, I'm just a flipper. >>

Thanks, It is expensive and time consuming. I have box of 23 gold proof coming tomorrow and didn't know if it's to large to sell sealed, I do have other orders that are smaller. Thanks again.
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold Uncirculated just arrived...

Gold Packaging:

Gold Uncirculated:

Gold Oblique:

I did order a proof, but not until later. Hopefully, I'll get it. Who'd guess the demand for the gold? image
  • Here are a couple of experiments for your review and feedback. I of course had to throw my typical setup out the window, and improvise a fair bit. I spent a great deal of time fiddling with styrofoam cups but the results were always disappointing. I think I'm on the right track, trying to stay in focus and trying to keep the 3D appearance of the coin.

Thoughts?

Radiant Collection: Numismatics and Exonumia of the Atomic Age.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase/3232

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job Phil.

• GATGAT Posts: 3,146

<< <i>

<< <i>What a bunch of idiots at the Mint. They shipped my first order in 3 different packages. The bag arrives today and either the gold or silver were shipped Friday and arrives tomorrow. The other PM was shipped today but doesn't show up on UPS tracking. This is almost unbelievably stupid. >>

GAT,

My order is shipped the same. Three boxes three different days. If you open yours let me know which came first the gold or silver.

Thanks,

Dennis >>

Dennis, the first shipment were the silver coins which was what I was expecting. Due to the higher mintage for the Dollar coin they were able to mint more silver on a first run.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks GAT

I called the mint this morning and they confirmed what was in each box.

See my thread " What's in your HoF box ? " from this morning.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • You get that perfect and you can use the same pictures for all truview requests.

<< <i>Thanks GAT

I called the mint this morning and they confirmed what was in each box.

See my thread " What's in your HoF box ? " from this morning. >>

I don't see your thread.

• BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

• << <i>You get that perfect and you can use the same pictures for all truview requests. >>

As tempting and as time saving at that may be, there are always little tiny facets of a coin that make it individually recognizable. Even MS/PR70s. So all modern mint products get the same TrueView treatment as the older vintage coins.

• kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gold Uncirculated just arrived...

Gold Packaging:

Gold Uncirculated:

Gold Oblique:

I did order a proof, but not until later. Hopefully, I'll get it. Who'd guess the demand for the gold? image >>

Nice. Mines on the truck, out for delivery!
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,949 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kudos Phil.

Sharp focus there.
    The proof looks to be a more photogenic subject but the Unc portrait came out great too.image

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work PCGSPhoto. (as usual)

The leather grain seems more detailed on your Unc pic. Is that how they look in person?
    Haven't received mine yet. A few days out yet.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigA,

Thanks for the link. Finally got some me time. Babysitting the grandkids tonight.

PCGSPhoto,

The pictures of the silver coins are great.

I got my silver today and the gold is coming tomorrow.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice work PCGSPhoto. (as usual)

The leather grain seems more detailed on your Unc pic. Is that how they look in person?
    Haven't received mine yet. A few days out yet. >>

I think you will find in person the proof is much much much more attractive.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Order No. 42919XXX

Received my silver and clad coins today. Gold coins are due in later this week.

While the coins are nice from a design point, none would even come close to grading a 70. The silver ones have tick marks and skim trails around the edging of the coins. The clad ones have scruff marks on the obverse. Again, the coins are nice to look at, but are not suitable for grading.

I have to wonder about the quality control for these coins. I just hope the gold coins will look better.
  • 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Received my Proof and UNC HOF Dollars today. I was hoping they would first send the gold coins but they are scheduled for delivery tomorrow. (Ordered at 12:16 Eastern)
  • CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    Received silver today. The proof is much nicer in my opinion.
    I got " the bag " today.

I think the mint should be ashamed of themselves sending out garbage like that and charging us $4.95 to ship it besides. I am glad I canceled all my other 12 bags.

The good side of it is hopefully my coins will not be too far behind it.

The cancel box is still there and the shipping date was 4/3 so who knows when they will get around to shipping them..

Disgusted with the mint is hardly the word.
  • ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got " the bag " today.

I think the mint should be ashamed of themselves sending out garbage like that and charging us $4.95 to ship it besides. I am glad I canceled all my other 12 bags.

The cancel box is still there and the shipping date was 4/3 so who knows when they will get around to shipping them..

Disgusted with the mint is hardly the word. >>

I thought when they ship partial you are only charged once for shipping? So isn't it their issue they shipped the bag right away?

• << <i>

<< <i>Nice work PCGSPhoto. (as usual)

Haven't received mine yet. A few days out yet. >>

I think you will find in person the proof is much much much more attractive. >>

Indeed.

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here are a couple of experiments for your review and feedback. I of course had to throw my typical setup out the window, and improvise a fair bit. I spent a great deal of time fiddling with styrofoam cups but the results were always disappointing. I think I'm on the right track, trying to stay in focus and trying to keep the 3D appearance of the coin.

Thoughts?

image >>

I don't have my proof silver HOF's yet, but your images make me excited as I continue to wait.
    Of course, I ordered them at 5:30pm on opening day.
    My gold proofs will be in hand tomorrow(Wednesday).

backroad, your gold Unc HOF images are very nice. image

<< <i>

I thought when they ship partial you are only charged once for shipping? So isn't it their issue they shipped the bag right away? >>

The order was over $300 so the shipping is free but they charge $4.95 to ship the bag first and it does not matter if the whole order was to be shipped free or not which is what should have been done. That is why I cancelled all my other bags that I had coming. It's nothing but a ripoff!
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭
    I think that is as close a TrueView as you will get on these. Nice job.

As stated numerous times the mint did not charge you $4.95 for the bag. That is shipping for the whole order and you will not be charged again for shipping on this order. Shipping is not free over $300 but you get a no charge upgrade to 2nd day air. It's a free bonus for making an order over $75. Enjoy it or throw it away or give it away or turn it inside out and use it. Come on Pitboss, give 'um a break on the bag.
    I totally understand your anger with this apparently stupid play by the mint. Why do it? What was their motivation? Is it a ploy to lock you in and prevent canceling? Your guess is as good as mine and I will bet the mint won't explain.
    I would much rather see you anger targeted on the mints shipping policy as a whole. Why so few options? Why not USPS as one? The flat rate boxes could be used and would hold the free bag and all the coins on your order easily. This is where the mint sucks. Not for giving a silly bag as a free gift.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I am wondering,,,,, with the curvature of these coins is the capsule designed so that the upper curved curved part of the coin won't rub or rattle in the capsule causing marks?

Just wondering, GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)

<< <i>

As stated numerous times the mint did not charge you $4.95 for the bag. That is shipping for the whole order and you will not be charged again for shipping on this order. Shipping is not free over $300 but you get a no charge upgrade to 2nd day air. It's a free bonus for making an order over $75. Enjoy it or throw it away or give it away or turn it inside out and use it. Come on Pitboss, give 'um a break on the bag.
    I totally understand your anger with this apparently stupid play by the mint. Why do it? What was their motivation? Is it a ploy to lock you in and prevent canceling? Your guess is as good as mine and I will bet the mint won't explain.
    I would much rather see you anger targeted on the mints shipping policy as a whole. Why so few options? Why not USPS as one? The flat rate boxes could be used and would hold the free bag and all the coins on your order easily. This is where the mint sucks. Not for giving a silly bag as a free gift. >>

Twist it anyway you want but the bag should have been included with the order and they would not be gouging all their customers with a separate charge.

What about the people that did not have an order over $300, did they not get charged two $4.95 fees?

Still say RIPOFF.
  • CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So, I am wondering,,,,, with the curvature of these coins is the capsule designed so that the upper curved curved part of the coin won't rub or rattle in the capsule causing marks?

Just wondering, GrandAm image >>

I had my first order completed today which includes proof and uncirculated versions of the gold, silver and clad coins. The UPS truck pulled up just after dinner with my gold coins. The silver and clad versions came yesterday as stated inY previous posting. I can tell you the capsules are designed very well. The capsules are curved to match the coin within. They seem more affixed than some of the mints previous examples whereby the coin could literally be shaken within the capsules. As a matter of fact, the gold proof coin capsules were tightly compressed into the boxes and took some finesse to pry them out.
    I was surprised at how well the plastic capsules were made especially for each denomination to where no movement or rubbing would be possible. In this case, there is no disappointment in the packaging.
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."

• << <i>

<< <i>

I would much rather see you anger targeted on the mints shipping policy as a whole. Why so few options? Why not USPS as one? The flat rate boxes could be used and would hold the free bag and all the coins on your order easily. This is where the mint sucks. Not for giving a silly bag as a free gift. >>

Twist it anyway you want but the bag should have been included with the order and they would not be gouging all their customers with a separate charge.

What about the people that did not have an order over $300, did they not get charged two $4.95 fees?

Still say RIPOFF. >>

They did it to make sure your credit card was good. I'll gladly pay $4.95 x3 if that means I'm guaranteed my 5 coins in the near future.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What about the people that did not have an order over $300, did they not get charged two $4.95 fees? >>

No they did not. Suggest you do some research before making these absurd accusations. I have several orders in for under $300 and some for over $300, and each order was charged just ONCE for the s&h of $4.95.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

<< <i>Twist it anyway you want but the bag should have been included with the order and they would not be gouging all their customers with a separate charge.

Still say RIPOFF. >>

It's not a separate charge, it's the shipping charge. The same as any order from the mint. For any coin or group of coins.
    If some one didn't order over $300 then they get the same $4.95 charge for standard shipping for the whole order just like any order under $300. If the order is over $75, they throw in a free bag. That's it.
    There is no separate charge for the bag and then a charge for the coins. Just one shipping charge per order no matter how many boxes are shipped. It is not a rip off. It is a free bag. Does it waste the mints money making shipping it separately? Probably does. Does it make you be there to sign for a UPS package if you got the upgraded shipping? Yes. That IS an unnecessary incontinence for sure. But no way is it a rip off.

• erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

The order was over $300 so the shipping is free but they charge $4.95 to ship the bag first and it does not matter if the whole order was to be shipped free or not which is what should have been done. That is why I cancelled all my other bags that I had coming. It's nothing but a ripoff! >>

To quote the Mint.

•Orders with Merchandise valued at $300 or more with a standard delivery option chosen will receive a complimentary upgrade to Expedited Shipping. Gift Wrap and Shipping and Handling charges are not considered part of the Merchandise total. •Shipments containing any gold or platinum United States Mint collectibles with a standard delivery option chosen will receive a complimentary upgrade to Expedited Shipping. If you choose expedited shipping you will be charged a fee of $12.95 regardless of if your shipment contains any gold or platinum United States Mint collectibles.

So your first order over $300 was upgraded to expedited shipping from regular shipping at $4.95. There is no free shipping option. Since you chose to purchase your last 12 items in individual orders, you are responsible for 12 boxes to be shipped at $4.95. The bag is free and has nothing to do with your cost to ship. You don't want $4.95 shipping charges? Don't order the coins in 12 separate orders. Plain and simple.
    Well at least I will not have to guess which order is which when they arrive as all I have coming now is the coins and no more worthless bags.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is ONE single shipping charge of $4.95 per order that applies if your order is $10 or $10,000, shipped in one package or 10 packages. There is no monetary benefit to canceling orders for shipping bags.

My bag arrived yesterday and coins are in transit now via separate UPS deliveries, though. Not sure yet which is which as email shows all coins (gold and silver) going out today, but one package actually went out yesterday, 4/7, according to tracking on UPS site, while the other went out today, 4/8.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless the Mint is messin with my head, it appears I will get my golds ordered as late as March 28, 630pm. That's a full day later than speculated. Bag shipping hit my cc today too. So now it's gotta be true!

Status today has the cancel box gone and now in progress:

-------------------------------------
    Order number: 42981xxx

Order Date: 03/28/2014 at 06:46 PM

Order Status: Your order request is in process.

Product Name Quantity Price
    (each) Total Item Status Cancel
    2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD UNC 1 $419.75 $419.75 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 07/17/2014.
    2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD PROOF 1 $424.75 $424.75 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 07/07/2014.
    UNITED STATES MINT REUSABLE BAG 1 $0.00 $0.00 In stock and reserved

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Unless the Mint is messin with my head, it appears I will get my golds ordered as late as March 28, 630pm. That's a full day later than speculated. Bag shipping hit my cc today too. So now it's gotta be true!

Same here. Ya don't think the mint has the balls to sell us the bag then cancel the coin order later? Then again they are just pending charges. This doesn't really mean they will ever end up as a charge. Maybe I got the very last one my order time is 9:48pm. Can I get a " Last Strike" from PCGS?
  • Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Same here. And I ordered almost an hour after you did. We may just have gotten in under the wire. Also have a pending $4.95 charge.

Order number: 42981XXX

Order Date: 03/28/2014 at 07:23 PM

Order Status: Your order request is in process.

Tracking Number(s):
    Tracking number and carrier link
    not available for this shipment.

2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD UNC 1 $419.75 $419.75 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 07/17/2014.
    I don't understand how my first 7 orders numbering 42927*** still all have the cancel box and the only thing i have had shipped to me is a bag so far.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here...but it's been like that for a week. So don't hold your breath. When the order indicates: "In stock and reserved," you can stop holding your breath.

Order Date: 03/28/2014 at 02:41 PM

2014 BASEBALL HOF GOLD PROOF 1 $424.75 $424.75 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 07/07/2014.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • I don't understand how my first 7 orders numbering 42927*** still all have the cancel box and the only thing i have had shipped to me is a bag so far

Easy.......they don't like you image
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't understand how my first 7 orders numbering 42927*** still all have the cancel box and the only thing i have had shipped to me is a bag so far. >>

My 1st order has the cancel boxes....the next two orders placed a couple of hours later have no cancel boxes...same coins

I gave up a long time ago trying to use logic with the Mint
  • MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Received notification from the Mint this morning that
    two items are being shipped: Clad Proof Half Dollar &
    the bag everyone has been chatting about. At least with
    my order, they are shipping a coin along with the bag ! LOL

😏
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My proof gold is "out for delivery". Ordered at 12:50 first day.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file