Home U.S. Coin Forum

HOF Order numbers, time of order, and mix of HOF's thread...Updated Pops Report inside

Comments

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Just called the mint. They said they started shipping on the 4th and are shipping in the order the orders were taken so please be patient.

Their first priority was the bags as they were on hand and taking up too much space.

I guess they cant multi-task.

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I cancelled most of my bags - line items cancelled.
  • CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    Well my first order placed at 12:05 is completed, (Gold proof/unc, Silver proof/unc, Clad proof/unc) including the bag. It took three shipment to ship my first order including one shipping just for the bag! I have several more orders placed about 5-10 minutes later. I was able to cancel the bags on those. I know the bags are "free". But I just don't need them and I figured why waste the manpower shipping these to an unwanting customer. So now I have line items reading, "Line was cancelled" and "In Stock and Reserved" for my remaining orders.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. I accepted the first bag knowing I would get it. The order stipulated as such during the order process. But I just don't want multiple bags. Had I been given the ability to do it over, I may have cancelled all of them. However, this is about the coins, which to me, look amazing!
    "What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • I don't understand all the whinging about the bags , i watched a guy sell his for 10 bucks BIN on ebay
  • goldgirlgoldgirl Posts: 159 ✭✭
    Don't know if this is true, but I read on some other coin chat board that some people that canceled their bag somehow the system was canceling the whole order, doubt if it is true, I will try to find the post again if I can.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't know if this is true, but I read on some other coin chat board that some people that canceled their bag somehow the system was canceling the whole order, doubt if it is true, I will try to find the post again if I can. >>

Not true...I've cancelled several bags, but the order for the coins is still pending.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    Hope it's not true, I canceled ALL my bags and ALL my orders say pending even the Silver. No CC charges showing up yet...
  • I'm new to this type of ordering from the Mint. I have only placed 2 other orders and they weren't for Mint Limit issued coins. 2013 2 Coin West Point set and 2014 Eagle Proof.

When your order switches from On Hold to In Process and they charge your credit card for the bag.... does that lock you in on the coin(s) you ordered?
  • BurnieBurnie Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    As I have a dozen different orders, I cancelled some of the bags. By cancelling the bags those orders went from in process to on hold.

However, all other orders with bags that are in process with the cancel box gone on the bags have a $4.95 pending cc charge.

Still I have other early orders with coin cancel box gone and others with the cancel box still there? These orders are for the same gold proof less than a minute between orders?

I've been ordering from the Mint for over 10 years, and this has been the most frustrating ordering experience. From the "wait room" to the waste of government money shipping "free bags" that require a signature from a 2 day delivery service! It might not cost us extra, but these are our government funds being wasted.

As for the ordering status there appears to be little rhyme or reason with why orders minutes apart receive different order status... its the same cc?

Just needed to vent. I know the coins will ship, just wish for once there would not be all the drama, have enough of that in my life. Come on Mint get your act together!

Just checked - By cancelling the bag it removed the pending charge of $4.95 on my cc.
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
    I guess we'll just have to wait and see and just relax... After all it's only money. Just in case I think I will go order another Silver Proof and Unc. while there are some left "Hopefully" and just leave the bag alone...
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When your order switches from On Hold to In Process and they charge your credit card for the bag.... does that lock you in on the coin(s) you ordered?

99.9%

I waited 2 more days after they charged me for the bag/shipping.....then they charged me for the coins.
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    This reminds me of the UHR with delayed shipping and books. Back then the books held up the coins, now it is the coins holding up the bags?

PS I canceled all bags in my orders.image
    They charged me for the bag 0n the 4th and I received it on the 8th but the coins still have the cancel box and were supposed to ship on the 3rd.

• << <i>When your order switches from On Hold to In Process and they charge your credit card for the bag.... does that lock you in on the coin(s) you ordered?

99.9%

I waited 2 more days after they charged me for the bag/shipping.....then they charged me for the coins. >>

Thank You.
  • telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4/9/14 Just got our first batch of HOF proof halves (and the bag)...
    edit to add that the expected ship date was listed as 4/4

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • As of April 9, 2014, sales for the 2014 Baseball Silver Dollars have now reached 257,183 proof and 133,696 uncirculated coins for a total of 390,879. This represents 97.7% of the maximum mintage of 400,000 coins. Only 9,121 coins remain available to order before a sell out is reached.
    To the free man, the country is the collection of individuals who compose it, not something over and above them. -M. Friedman
    I guess all the bags are gone, I just ordered another HOF SILVER PROOF & HOF SILVER UNC and no free bag.

Product Name Quantity Price
    (each) Total Item Status Cancel

2014 BASEBALL HOF SILVER PROOF 1 $51.95 $51.95 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 07/07/2014.
    2014 BASEBALL HOF SILVER UNC 1 $47.95 $47.95 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 07/07/2014.

<< <i>When your order switches from On Hold to In Process and they charge your credit card for the bag.... does that lock you in on the coin(s) you ordered?

99.9%

I waited 2 more days after they charged me for the bag/shipping.....then they charged me for the coins. >>

My experience:

I have orders that have been in process with and without bags for over a week now. Several pending charges since last Thursday, only one $4.95 pending charge that has now been billed. Only one tracking number for 1 bag...

I ordered on the first day within the first couple of hours.

In my opinion processing your order depends on who and when someone at the Processing Center is looking at your order on their screen. Yes, the system is automated but it still needs a human to move things along image
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    The mint is overloaded, they had a bunch of orders go Sold Out and pulled the staff to fix that. They are still running on 1998 tech, whoever they paid for the website "upgrade" took them to the cleaners.
  • PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Latest numbers

2014 BASEBALL HOF COINS* TOTAL LATEST WEEK
    Proof $5 Gold Coin 32,000* 0
    Uncirculated $5 Gold Coin 18,000* 0
    Proof Silver Dollar 257,183 101,660
    Uncirculated Silver Dollar 133,696 60,694
    Proof Half Dollar 103,948 36,712
    Uncirculated Half Dollar 66,263 22,119
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch for Coin World to run an article about the bags and shipping confusion. I asked Paul Gilkes to investigate and he said he will.

• brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭
    Anyone knows when mcm start selling graded coins? I am looking for whole set of pcgs 70 FS.
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyone knows when mcm start selling graded coins? I am looking for whole set of pcgs 70 FS. >>

They have a notification link on their website. When they get them in they will notify the people on the

list and you will have a certain amount of time to buy before coins are offered to the general public.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
    Another good idea is to post a wanted to buy thread on this forum's buy, sell & trade section.

you will get some of the best offers from some of the best people in the business.image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Latest numbers

2014 BASEBALL HOF COINS* TOTAL LATEST WEEK
    Proof $5 Gold Coin 32,000* 0
    Uncirculated $5 Gold Coin 18,000* 0
    Proof Silver Dollar 257,183 101,660
    Uncirculated Silver Dollar 133,696 60,694
    Proof Half Dollar 103,948 36,712
    Uncirculated Half Dollar 66,263 22,119 >>

From Coin News........

New sales figures released by the United States Mint this morning have 2014 National Baseball Hall of Fame Silver Commemorative Coins at 97.7% of their maximum mintage, leaving only 9,121.

The latest total marks an increase of 24,539 in 48 hours, and based on this pace the silver commemorative coins should sell out today.

Buyers overall are going after the proof version by an almost 2-to-1 margin. The two silver coins have splits of 257,183 for the proof and 133,696 for the uncirculated for a combined total of 390,879.
    Since Monday, increases are more weighted toward the proof, by about 3-to-1, with sales up 18,547 compared to 5,992 for the uncirculated.

Sales of the clad half-dollar commemorative coins climbed 6,210 in the last two days and are now at 22.7% of the maximum.

Here is a table offering the latest figures:

Sales across all six products total 611,090 coins for a total of $44,248,326.50. From that amount, $6,509,845.00 in mandated surcharges will go
    to the National Baseball Hall of Fame to help fund its operations.

CoinNews.Net Link
    I am not thinking alike. I am thinking that 250,000 to 300,000 of the 400,000 silver coins were purchased by speculators

who hope to resell for a profit. That means they will have to find 2 1/2 to 3 times more people that want to

pay more than mint issue price than thoes that had plenty of time to order and pay mint issue price.imageimage
    I now have two conformation numbers for "bags' however, one is being shipped by UPS and the other by FedEx? I don't recall the Mint ever using two shippers? Am I wrong?

One order is from 3/27 and the other from 4/6... I have another 10 orders in between that seem to be in order limbo.
    They just moved my 4/3 order to June 1. What is going on with the mint?

<< <i>They just moved my 4/3 order to June 1. What is going on with the mint? >>

My Unc Gold just changed from 6/1 to 7/17. Forget about First Strike, i'm looking at Last Strike!

This is better than a soap opera. Now my Silver proofs ordered on 3/27 show a 6/21 ship date and yet my order for Silver Proofs placed on 4/6 shows a 4/24 ship date!
    Same here " Here we Go again " A REPEAT OF LAST YEARS ASE SET SHIPPING DELAYS imageimage

<< <i>

<< <i>They just moved my 4/3 order to June 1. What is going on with the mint? >>

My Unc Gold just changed from 6/1 to 7/17. Forget about First Strike, i'm looking at Last Strike!

This is better than a soap opera. Now my Silver proofs ordered on 3/27 show a 6/21 ship date and yet my order for Silver Proofs placed on 4/6 shows a 4/24 ship date! >>

Give them time and they will " Push em back, shove em back, Way back "image
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I now have two conformation numbers for "bags' however, one is being shipped by UPS and the other by FedEx? I don't recall the Mint ever using two shippers? Am I wrong?

One order is from 3/27 and the other from 4/6... >>

Orders of $300 will come UPS 2nd day Air. Orders under that will come FedEx Smartpost which will be delivered by the USPS
    Glad I got my last order in for the Silver HOF dollars it now says waiting list....

Waiting List Notice: The number of orders we have taken meets the maximum limit for the 2014 National Baseball Hall of Fame Uncirculated Silver Dollar. You may still place an order for this product, which will go on a waiting list. If a product becomes available because of an order cancellation, we will fulfill orders from the waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis. We cannot provide information about your position on the waiting list.
    I just talked to the mint again. They said they only had a small quantity of silver and they shipped them out. They did get some gold in and will be shipping that before they get any more silver. Silver comes from Phil and gold comes from West point. Whenever the coins arrive they will ship them is what they said.
    .Good luck everyone.
    Has the First Strike cutoff date been established yet?
    It looks like both silver dollars are on wait list

Sold out

<< <i>Has the First Strike cutoff date been established yet? >>

Not on the First Strike page yet

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I now have two conformation numbers for "bags' however, one is being shipped by UPS and the other by FedEx? I don't recall the Mint ever using two shippers? Am I wrong?

Orders of $300 will come UPS 2nd day Air. Orders under that will come FedEx Smartpost which will be delivered by the USPS >>

I believe there is some crazy delivery service for PO boxes also maybe FEDEX

(l8-)>>

Seems like BAG has impact on ship dates
    Cancelled my BAGS and ship date has been reeled in to 4/24, from 7/7 on silver dollars
    As stupid as it sounds - keep the bag

unless its only the mint shifting ship dates
  • brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Seems like BAG has impact on ship dates
    Cancelled my BAGS and ship date has been reeled in to 4/24, from 7/7 on silver dollars >>

So they can't just ship out the coins before the bag?
    Didnt want BAG
    cancelled line item

• << <i>Seems like BAG has impact on ship dates
    Cancelled my BAGS and ship date has been reeled in to 4/24, from 7/7 on silver dollars >>

Had a feeling something like this might happen. Leave the order alone and you keep your place. Cancel the bags and they bump you below the first orders.

That's why I didn't cancel my bags.... we will see if that is indeed the case.

<< <i>

Had a feeling something like this might happen. Leave the order alone and you keep your place. Cancel the bags and they bump you below the first orders.

That's why I didn't cancel my bags.... we will see if that is indeed the case. >>

Not true. I cancelled several bag orders and all of them now have an earlier ship date. Coincidence?

According to a Mint rep I just spoke with, she said: "there was no correlation between a bag being shipped and then getting a coin shipped. We are simply trying to ship out bags as that is what we have available to ship right now. Coins will ship based on when they were ordered." her words not mine.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Orders of $300 will come UPS 2nd day Air. Orders under that will come FedEx Smartpost which will be delivered by the USPS >>

I believe there is some crazy delivery service for PO boxes also maybe FEDEX >>

Orders go by only 2 paths. Expedited or UPS 2nd day air and Fedex Smart Post. Orders over $300 get upgraded at no cost by UPS. Regular under $300 orders go by Smart Post where Fedex transports to the near by Post Office and they, the PO, then do the "last mile" delivery. No other method exists. Smart Post would still be used if you lived a mile away from the Indianapolis depot of PBGS, the shipper for all mint products.
    I hate Smart Post. Because of it it takes 20 day to get my package rather than 4 days a flat rate box from USPS would take.

Bags are all gone too per the girl I talked to at the mint and it does not effect anything if you cancel them.
  • BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    BINGO! Silver:

<< <i>Waiting List Notice: The number of orders we have taken meets the maximum limit for the 2014 National Baseball Hall of Fame Proof Silver Dollar. You may still place an order for this product, which will go on a waiting list. If a product becomes available because of an order cancellation, we will fulfill orders from the waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis. We cannot provide information about your position on the waiting list. >>

<< <i>Waiting List Notice: The number of orders we have taken meets the maximum limit for the 2014 National Baseball Hall of Fame Uncirculated Silver Dollar. You may still place an order for this product, which will go on a waiting list. If a product becomes available because of an order cancellation, we will fulfill orders from the waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis. We cannot provide information about your position on the waiting list.

When we place your order on >>

CS also say the cut off date for FS has not been set yet. Possibly because of the crazy bouncing of ship dates. "Just keep checking the First Strike Cutoff page and it will eventually be posted"

<< <i>ags are all gone too per the girl I talked to at the mint and it does not effect anything if you cancel them. >>

Im may be a coincidence, but, cancelling mine moved the ship date on SD's to 4/24 from 7/7. As if there was a delay on shipping SD's to wait for more bags. Keep the damn bag!!!!!

• << <i>

<< <i>

That's why I didn't cancel my bags.... we will see if that is indeed the case. >>

Not true. I cancelled several bag orders and all of them now have an earlier ship date. Coincidence?

According to a Mint rep I just spoke with, she said: "there was no correlation between a bag being shipped and then getting a coin shipped. We are simply trying to ship out bags as that is what we have available to ship right now. Coins will ship based on when they were ordered." her words not mine. >>

Good to hear. I wasn't canceling my bags because I feared it might happen.

The order I placed on the 7th has a ship date of 4/24 (bag shipped today)... and the order I placed on the 28th has a ship date of 7/7 (bag arrived yesterday)... those were Silver Proofs.

The Gold Proof I ordered on the 27th has the same ship date of 6/21 (bag shipped today)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file