Home Precious Metals

Forum member inflation report.

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think you will hear an uproar when they no longer will offer gallon of milk anymore. >>

Taxpayer subsidies keep the gallon at 128 oz.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,635 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paid $19 for a dollar. At least it was a silver one.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Paid $19 for a dollar. At least it was a silver one. >>

40% ... 1972 Eisenhowerimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vacations to Australia are 9% cheaper than a month ago and 12% cheaper to New Zealand.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    all that matters is gas is down big and goin down more...
    keceph `anah
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Paid $19 for a dollar. At least it was a silver one. >>

40% ... 1972 Eisenhowerimage >>

Picked up a dozen Peace silver dollars for about $13 each.....melt!
    Just lucky(for now).
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭
    I ordered a box of 500 small size bubble mailers again recently. Same price as last year, same company, same ebay listing even. I opened them up and they felt thin/light. I toss one on the scale and it weighs 9.5 grams. The old ones were 11 grams.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I ordered a box of 500 small size bubble mailers again recently. Same price as last year, same company, same ebay listing even. I opened them up and they felt thin/light. I toss one on the scale and it weighs 9.5 grams. The old ones were 11 grams. >>

Now that is what I call STEALTH-flationimage , they totally never thought anyone would check that.

I surmise its because each bubble is only 86% inflated , which come to think of it , is an example of inflation, deflation, and dis-inflation all rolled into one

edited to say this thread has become a page behind for me I had to manually type page 34

it took the gold kennedy half thread at least 50 pages to do thatimage

<< <i>I ordered a box of 500 small size bubble mailers again recently. Same price as last year, same company, same ebay listing even. I opened them up and they felt thin/light. I toss one on the scale and it weighs 9.5 grams. The old ones were 11 grams. >>

Jiffy's?
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paid $3.69 for gas. Down from $4.25 early Summer.
  • CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

Company just trying to save you on postage. image
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
    Gas is in the $2.80 range in Fredericksburg VA....Down from a high of $3.40 over the last 12 month.
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're at $2.99 for reg in my area, high this summer was $3.39 I think. We should see $2.79 in November if oil stays near $80.

Gasoline will continue to get cheaper as will PMs.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Jiffy's? >>

Kraft / bubble-lite brand. Basically the same thing.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections

<< <i>

<< <i>Jiffy's? >>

Kraft / bubble-lite brand. Basically the same thing. >>

Basically yes, I was quality manager at an old Jiffy plant near St. Louis in '94-'95. We used ground newspapers as "batting" in our padded mailers, other plants used bubble wrap in the mailers. Jiffy was purchased by Sealed Air Corp in 1980's - Sealed Air uses bubble wrap in their logo.

Your central bank says inflation is good for you.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Better check your boxes of cookies. They may be short 1/2 cookies and you'd never know the difference as no one counts them. Multiply by the 10's of 1000's of boxes produced short 1/2 cookies and there you have pure profit.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

<< <i>Better check your boxes of cookies. They may be short 1/2 cookies and you'd never know the difference as no one counts them. Multiply by the 10's of 1000's of boxes produced short 1/2 cookies and there you have pure profit. >>

Represented a line of plastic sheeting in the early 80's. Highly cost competitive. Found out that my competition was shorting each roll by a foot (4%).

Went to a large customer, rolled out the competitions product against mine and sure enough, we were 25 feet vs 24 on the other guys.

Customer didn't care, she said as long as they were cheaper, she was staying with the other guy.

<< <i>

<< <i>Better check your boxes of cookies. They may be short 1/2 cookies and you'd never know the difference as no one counts them. Multiply by the 10's of 1000's of boxes produced short 1/2 cookies and there you have pure profit. >>

Represented a line of plastic sheeting in the early 80's. Highly cost competitive. Found out that my competition was shorting each roll by a foot (4%).

Went to a large customer, rolled out the competitions product against mine and sure enough, we were 25 feet vs 24 on the other guys.

Customer didn't care, she said as long as they were cheaper, she was staying with the other guy. >>

She musta been a scientist...
    keceph `anah

<< <i>She musta been a scientist... >>

Sadly, going along with the program was the mantra of the business.

She was a hardware distributor and figured that it would be easier to deal with the rare customer complaint than try to increase prices.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    she said as long as they were cheaper, she was staying with the other guy

The obvious questions are - were they cheaper and was the quality comparable?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>she said as long as they were cheaper, she was staying with the other guy

The obvious questions are - were they cheaper and was the quality comparable? >>

They were cheaper and quality was the same.

Difference is our product measured 10 x 25 as advertised. Their product measured 10 x 24 though label stated 10 x 25.

Lot of that crap went on 30 years ago. Hope that it got cleaned up.
  • Hey mg, should crypto be banned for saying the same thing I said? Or should only I be banned?

<< <i>Hey mg, should crypto be banned for saying the same thing I said? Or should only I be banned? >>

Sorry CRH but I cannot teach you the wisdom of life. That was the responsibility of your parents.
    They were cheaper and quality was the same.

Difference is our product mea sured 10 x 25 as advertised. Their product measured 10 x 24 though label stated 10 x 25.

It's an interesting question. If the stuff was cheaper by the linear ft. and equal in quality then you had an uphill battle even though your competition was somewhat on the sleazy side of full disclosure.

I knew it would happen.

• << <i>

<< <i>Hey mg, should crypto be banned for saying the same thing I said? Or should only I be banned? >>

Sorry CRH but I cannot teach you the wisdom of life. That was the responsibility of your parents. >>

You didn't answer the question, Mg-you have yet to answer the question.
  • metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fish taco place raised prices 20%image
    email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions

• << <i>

Sorry CRH but I cannot teach you the wisdom of life. That was the responsibility of your parents. >>

Did your parents ever teach you not to contradict yourself? Did they teach you to be honest and answer questions? Looks like your parents didn't do their job.

• << <i>

forum double post/not responding

<< <i>They were cheaper and quality was the same.

Difference is our product mea sured 10 x 25 as advertised. Their product measured 10 x 24 though label stated 10 x 25.

It's an interesting question. If the stuff was cheaper by the linear ft. and equal in quality then you had an uphill battle even though your competition was somewhat on the sleazy side of full disclosure. >>

Very true. Outside of knowingly selling a falsely labeled rol , her customers seemed satisfied with a smaller and less expensive product.
    Outside of knowingly selling a falsely labeled rol , her customers seemed satisfied with a smaller and less expensive product.

Well, you know that I have to pose the question "Was she hot?"image

I knew it would happen.

<< <i>Outside of knowingly selling a falsely labeled rol , her customers seemed satisfied with a smaller and less expensive product.

Well, you know that I have to pose the question "Was she hot?"image >>

Mid 50's owned a hardware business in Detroit. Think about it for a minute. image
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭
    hotter than a two dollar pistol
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
    Mid 50's owned a hardware business in Detroit. Think about it for a minuteimage

Post pics of the calendars, or it didn't happen!image

I knew it would happen.
    Those little supermarket sushi trays are quickly catching up to the restaurant price for the stuff.

I refuse to eat raw fish out of a Kroger. Stick to the veggie product.
    Let's see from 2007/2008 gas is down over 60%, some nice manipulation... Lol...
    keceph `anah
    "A nation where the top 10 percent reaps more than 50 percent of the income is doomed to end up in the quicksand of deflation. 571 U.S. billionaires simply don’t have enough hours in the day to spend adequate money to buy enough goods that would require the restocking of shelves, create new factory orders and thereby ramp up job hiring to keep a nation of 317 million people afloat." - Wall Street on Parade

<< <i>Did your parents ever teach you not to contradict yourself? Did they teach you to be honest and answer questions? Looks like your parents didn't do their job. >>

I think if he contradicted himself, it was an scientific experiment, theory if u may...
    "Honesty", where did honesty originate from, who, what or where was it put into some kind of foundational law? Why must one act on it?...
    keceph `anah
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I never thought I'd praise the day of $2.96/gal. gasoline, but I guess I am. ULSD still at $3.78 though. Funny, because it should be the opposite
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
    Man I remeber those +$5 a gallon days...
    keceph `anah
  • gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember a gas war at 32 cents a gallon.

<< <i>I remember a gas war at 32 cents a gallon. >>

Lowest price I can remember is 36 cents a gallon in 1969. I walked by the sign daily on my way to kindergarten and still remember it.

• meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 762 ✭✭✭
    20072008 gas down 60%

And what about oil in 2009?

<< <i>

<< <i>I remember a gas war at 32 cents a gallon. >>

Lowest price I can remember is 36 cents a gallon in 1969. I walked by the sign daily on my way to kindergarten and still remember it.

image >>

I remember the "gas wars" of the 50's....25 cents a gallon + an attendant pumped the gas for you, checked the oil (that was always low) and gave you a coffee mug to boot.
    In Detroit gas seemed to get down to 19.9c in the very early 1960's. Cigarettes were 25c.

Of course the old mans Buick deuce and a quarter only got 8 mpg.
    UPS just announced 4.9% post holiday rate hike.

Maybe deflation is not the problem that it was a week ago! image
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>UPS just announced 4.9% post holiday rate hike.

Maybe deflation is not the problem that it was a week ago! image >>

Use email. Pay your bills online. I use lots less stamps than I did a decade ago.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My fish taco place raised prices 20%image >>

My local Burger King raised the apple pie price from $1.19 to $1.39. Looks like back to McD for pie,2 for $1.00.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 3/4 lb grassfed NY from Trader's was $10.00 even yesterday

similar steak a year ago was $8-9. Good bourbon seems to be going up too.

Still, some of the best things in life remain free

have a good weekend

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry