Home U.S. Coin Forum

***The Official 2013 American Buffalo Reverse Proof(BV1) Thread***......Post your order numbers here

Comments

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Temped to comment about what is spewing and what the right hand is doing at the shipping wheel of fortune.

How ever I will not or Versa Vice. image

Whatch this go " POOF "image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Shipping is handled by a contractor in Indiana. Disregard changes in ship dates. They will ship soon as the contractor (Fullfillment Center) gets them and ships them.

Projected date on splash page is for those buying at that moment. Does not affect prior orders. >>

I agree with what you say and most here understand the nuance. But the Mint could do a better job. On the splash page they could say " Shipping date for orders made today is approximately 08/29/2013". The date on your order summery page would be for your particular order, "Expected to ship on 09/08/2013". How can orders today show shipping before orders made on the first day? Confusing and contradictory to Mint policy of shipped in the order received. Then to stick the knife in a little more and have coins in Chicago a month before the earliest date of expected shipment shows a total lack of respect toward Mint customers. >>

Maybe the mint controls the date on the sale/splash page and the contractor is handling the date on the order page. Would make sense to have the contractor updating the order page since they control the logistics of shipping. I wouldn't be surprised at all to learn the order shipping dates are automatically updated as inventory comes in and goes out with the Fullfillment Center.

bottom line: everyone should get their coin(s) on the same day or before anyone that placed an order after them or on the same day or after anyone that placed an order before them. The early deliveries at the ANA are what should be disturbing, especially when those thousand coins took away from what was ready to be shipped to those that bought earlier. But I can see the Mint's perspective from a marketing angle, it was a great promo at a major coin show. Look for them to do this in the future. I suspect they planned on doing it with the ASE sets at the New Orleans show, but the coins just weren't ready.

For those concerned about First Strike eligibility it would only be fair for the TPGs to see the ANA release as anomally and stick to the mint shipping date + 30 days. Maybe even come up with an "Advance Release" label for the 1000 ANA coins as long as they are submitted before the shipping begins.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I've experienced, it's 30 days from PCGS' first receipt.

(exp from buying first spouse same day as first sales day and overnighting there.)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • I cancelled my order placed 3 minutes in and placed another 28 minutes before the price went up. I don't want it quick I want as much time as possible to pay ( or cancel all together if I don't like the way things are going). Appears not to many here follow my game plan. I couldn't care less about slab labels or slabbing these for that matter. I like OGP. Who's with me? I LIKE OGP..I LIKE OGP..I LIKE OGP..I LIKE OGP.
    I like my OGP AND the plastic

It got tougher to get both when MCM ditched its OGP biz

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    Anybody who went to the ANA and saw these in person. What is your opinion? Are they much more attractive than what is shown in the stock pics?
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
    The eBay pictures look nicer than the mint's

They look better than I thought they would

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Erik
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Counter
    29,453 up 2,548 from yesterday

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Looks like 1st strike ticker should begin today....8/14/13 - first delivery of coins to customers at the ANA.....
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For those concerned about First Strike eligibility it would only be fair for the TPGs to see the ANA release as anomally and stick to the mint shipping date + 30 days. Maybe even come up with an "Advance Release" label for the 1000 ANA coins as long as they are submitted before the shipping begins. >>

Maybe an "Abby-Normal First Striike" label.
    Just got off the phone with PCGS CS. They do have a special label for the ANA obtained Buffalo's but it makes no mention of FS. It can be assumed that any coins with that label will be considered FS without having FS printed on the label. The situation in Chicago was unanticipated.
    Also, PCGS has set no dates as to FS for this coin. It is expected that any dates will be as before and start with the first shipments from the mint when ever they start.

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got off the phone with PCGS CS. They do have a special label for the ANA obtained Buffalo's but it makes no mention of FS. It can be assumed that any coins with that label will be considered FS without having FS printed on the label. The situation in Chicago was unanticipated.
    Also, PCGS has set no dates as to FS for this coin. It is expected that any dates will be as before and start with the first shipments from the mint when ever they start. >>

Well, if you want technicalities, the clock is supposed to start ticking when the mint first ships the coins.

The mint did not ship these coins. They brought the coins with them. No package was ever delivered to the customer. image

And there's no need to label the slabs first strike or early release or whatever. I should be general knowledge that the Chicago ANA coins were pre-release specials. (Both NGC and PCGS have special ANA labels, and I'll bet the majority of the coins were graded on-site...)
  • dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    and I'll bet the majority of the coins were graded on-site...

which means nice fees for CLCT
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    release the HSN hounds:

HSN
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>release the HSN hounds:

HSN >>

Another example of stupid American sheeple.......or as Rush Limbaugh says....."Low information Voter"

HSN >>

That's the regular proof correct? Funny

Erik

<< <i>

HSN >>

Erik >>

Can you imagine how much they would be selling the Reverse Proof Buffalo? image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People buy this stuff.

How many ads in are CW and NN every week for current U.S. Mint products in the OGP for a substantial markup? If they didn't sell they would not be in ads every week. A fool and their money....
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anybody who went to the ANA and saw these in person. What is your opinion? Are they much more attractive than what is shown in the stock pics? >>

I have not looked at the pics, but looked at one of mine for a second and it was and attractive reverse proof.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook

<< <i>

<< <i>

HSN >>

Erik >>

Can you imagine how much they would be selling the Reverse Proof Buffalo? image >>

These fellas must have been old-lady-purse-snatchers in their previous lives... Now they pretty much still are but they don't need a revolver and actually charge for shipping!

Erik
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Anybody who went to the ANA and saw these in person. What is your opinion? Are they much more attractive than what is shown in the stock pics? >>

I have not looked at the pics, but looked at one of mine for a second and it was and attractive reverse proof. >>

OK looked at the mint site, that image is awful. The head and buffalo are black while the fields are matte.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the Mint's incompetence.

It keeps the mintage down.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

HSN >>

So, did anyone add a few to their "BAG"? image

<< <i>

<< <i>

I have not looked at the pics, but looked at one of mine for a second and it was and attractive reverse proof. >>

OK looked at the mint site, that image is awful. The head and buffalo are black while the fields are matte. >>

Thanks for the input sir. image
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

HSN >>

Erik >>

It's just gross 3K, the reverse will probably go for 5K.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even APMEX which is usually the highest of the regular modern coin dealers is only $ 1,963.

This is the usuall top selling price for PCGS 70 graded Proof Buffalos which is $ 300 over mint price.

That is what the maximum price for the RP Buffalo should be as it is currently available in unlimited quantities. image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The chances of the RP price going down is probably next to none?

EDIT: If you buy more than one, can you request separate shipping boxes? Would rather not have two in the same box.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭
    But guys, HSN says their coins are from the VAULT. What other coin dealer claims that? That's got to add a pretty hefty premium...
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>The chances of the RP price going down is probably next to none?

EDIT: If you buy more than one, can you request separate shipping boxes? Would rather not have two in the same box. >>

I think you need to place two separate orders to have the boxed separately.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    Saw the reverse proof at the show .. real beautiful coin,, mint pictures and ebay pictures don't show the beauty of the reverse proof .. ebay has sold some at $$ 1995.00 already
  • djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO FIRST STRKES FOR YOU!!!! Next

<< <i>Saw the reverse proof at the show .. real beautiful coin,, mint pictures and ebay pictures don't show the beauty of the reverse proof .. ebay has sold some at $$ 1995.00 already >>

Not much profit after Feebay & PP fees + shipping.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>"Chicago ANA Releases" label is now on ebay >>

Perhaps not....Silvertowne removed both listings for: "error in listing"
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭

Seller is Silvertowne, parent company for The Coin Vault.
    The FeeBay pics of slabbed coins are the best pics of the coins that I've seen thus far. They are great looking coins - far nicer than I was expecting. I sure hope that they stay unique.

I wonder how these "Chicago" slabed non-fs, non-er coins will fare. They really don't fit into FS collections.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Seller is Silvertowne, parent company for The Coin Vault. >>

5 year old thread ... may bring some light on the subject, but I'm not sure if the info is still current.

Previous CV thread
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    New Counter
    30,482 only up 1,029 from yesterday. Price increase hits sales.

• 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, if you want technicalities, the clock is supposed to start ticking when the mint first ships the coins. >>

The coins are in collector hands as of 8/14/13. Unless there is some special rule change, I would suspect the FS ticker is in motion.
    CS assures that the FS clock is NOT in motion. He couldn't say for sure but suspects the clock will start when the Mint starts shipping orders. Your guess is as good as mine as to when that will be.

PCGS First Strike policy

Doesn't make it very clear in the case of the Chicago ANA Releases. One could make an arguement either way.

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>PCGS First Strike policy

Doesn't make it very clear in the case of the Chicago ANA Releases. One could make an arguement either way. >>

We all knew that PCGS First Strike didn't really mean the coins that were first struck by the Mint, but instead it was simply the coins delivered to customers in the first 30 days.

But if the clock doesn't start running as of 8/13 when the coins were first delivered by the Mint to customers at the Chicago ANA, then what does PCGS First Strike mean now??? Does it now mean coins that were delivered to those ordering through the Mint website and delivered within 30 days of the first guy getting his coin from an order through the Mint website, regardless of the delivery of other coins sold by the Mint?
    I posted this a few days ago...but, I spoke with Corban over at PCGS and HE ASSURED ME THAT THE FS CLOCK WILL START WHEN THE MINT SHIPS OUT THE FIRST SHIPMENTS FROM THE FULFILLMENT CENTER (PBGS)...It doesn't really get any clearer IMO, as he has never been wrong before when I asked him image

Erik
    The policy, like every policy everywhere, covers the 99% of normal circumstances. Like I said previously, CS said that the Chicago sales of actual coins was unanticipated. Not a normal circumstance. Argue what you want but until PCGS says the clock has started it hasn't started. This is good news to all who ordered and are awaiting shipment confirmation. Why would you want to insist on strict adherence to a "policy" against your interest? Unless you happen to be at the Chicago ANA event and got one or more of the 1,000 coins available and want to push that advantage to have one of the 1,000 eligible for FS designation to the "tough luck" to the thousands who can't attend and ordered on the first day or so.

• dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭

<< <i>The policy, like every policy everywhere, covers the 99% of normal circumstances. Like I said previously, CS said that the Chicago sales of actual coins was unanticipated. Not a normal circumstance. Argue what you want but until PCGS says the clock has started it hasn't started. This is good news to all who ordered and are awaiting shipment confirmation. Why would you want to insist on strict adherence to a "policy" against your interest? Unless you happen to be at the Chicago ANA event and got one or more of the 1,000 coins available and want to push that advantage to have one of the 1,000 eligible for FS designation to the "tough luck" to the thousands who can't attend and ordered on the first day or so. >>

The more coins eligible for FS, the more potential revenue to CLCT. Why would they want to put a collar on revenue?
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The more coins eligible for FS, the more potential revenue to CLCT. Why would they want to put a collar on revenue?
    Exactly.

• << <i>New Counter
    30,482 only up 1,029 from yesterday. Price increase hits sales. >>

Probably headed for a few sub 1,000 sales days. If gold keeps up, maybe a Tues/Weds sales spike next week like this past week.
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>I posted this a few days ago...but, I spoke with Corban over at PCGS and HE ASSURED ME THAT THE FS CLOCK WILL START WHEN THE MINT SHIPS OUT THE FIRST SHIPMENTS FROM THE FULFILLMENT CENTER (PBGS)...It doesn't really get any clearer IMO, as he has never been wrong before when I asked him image

Erik >>

How can PCGS know when the Mint ships out the first shipment??
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009

<< <i>

<< <i>I posted this a few days ago...but, I spoke with Corban over at PCGS and HE ASSURED ME THAT THE FS CLOCK WILL START WHEN THE MINT SHIPS OUT THE FIRST SHIPMENTS FROM THE FULFILLMENT CENTER (PBGS)...It doesn't really get any clearer IMO, as he has never been wrong before when I asked him image

Erik >>

How can PCGS know when the Mint ships out the first shipment?? >>

IDK...maybe they ask Ray Donovan???

Erik

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file