Home U.S. Coin Forum

***The Official 2013 American Buffalo Reverse Proof(BV1) Thread***......Post your order numbers here

Comments

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How can PCGS know when the Mint ships out the first shipment?? >>

I'd be willing to bet that there will be a BREAKING NEWS post right here in this thread when shipping is noted by a forum member who ordered one. PCGS will be aware by then or shortly after this post. A call to CS once this post shows up will confirm that they know and started the clock. This clock start will also generate a post right here noting the deadline date. Wait and see if doesn't happen.

• CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>"Chicago ANA Releases" label is now on ebay >>

Seller is Silvertowne, parent company for The Coin Vault. >>

I wonder what the PCGS one with the ANA attribution looks like. image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2013 American Buffalo 1oz Ounce Gold Reverse Proof Coin (BV1) PCGS PR70 FS 100th
    $3,025.00

100th Anniversary of the Buffalo nickel......never new PCGS had this label in mind......anyone?
    Items expected to ship within 20 to 30 Business Days after completion of payment.
    eBay Link

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    I Believe That I Would Prefer The Reverse Mounted Forward On Black Diamond label

(l8-)>>

• nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>

<< <i>How can PCGS know when the Mint ships out the first shipment?? >>

I'd be willing to bet that there will be a BREAKING NEWS post right here in this thread when shipping is noted by a forum member who ordered one. PCGS will be aware by then or shortly after this post. A call to CS once this post shows up will confirm that they know and started the clock. This clock start will also generate a post right here noting the deadline date. Wait and see if doesn't happen. >>

That's what I was thinking but it is going to be an estimate, I would expect something more accurate.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,703 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking coin and label.

But not 3000 nice.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭
    When the First Strike cut off date is answered, you can only wait to see if your coin(s) qualify.

Next question: what are the label options?

Would be nice to know in a timely manner.
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That's what I was thinking but it is going to be an estimate, I would expect something more accurate. >>

<< <i>Next question: what are the label options? Would be nice to know in a timely manner. >>

A call to CS would be as accurate as can be. The same for the label options. Call and ask.

• Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image
    2013 American Buffalo 1oz Ounce Gold Reverse Proof Coin (BV1) PCGS PR70 FS 100th
    $3,025.00

100th Anniversary of the Buffalo nickel......never new PCGS had this label in mind......anyone?
    Items expected to ship within 20 to 30 Business Days after completion of payment.
    eBay Link >>

Funny, the "NGC PF70 ER 100th" is a $3,199:

The other listing

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    any coin that sells at this premium before mintage/pops are known, is pure speculation.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>any coin that sells at this premium before mintage/pops are known, is pure speculation. >>

I know what you mean. Particularly with regards to statehood and national parks quarters in clad that have a 40% premium attached before shipping. Lest we forget Presidential Dollars , Native American, and Kennedy Halves. image

Food for heavy metal thought.

HE>I

Gentlemen there is a "Rumor" that the US Mint will be selling another 1K pieces either tomorrow or Saturday at the ANA show.
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gentlemen there is a "Rumor" that the US Mint will be selling another 1K pieces either tomorrow or Saturday at the ANA show. >>

...why not? They should bring as many as they can sell, isn't that supposed to be the point of a mint-to-demand coin? image

Erik

<< <i>

<< <i>Gentlemen there is a "Rumor" that the US Mint will be selling another 1K pieces either tomorrow or Saturday at the ANA show. >>

...why not? They should bring as many as they can sell, isn't that supposed to be the point of a mint-to-demand coin? image

Erik >>

I'd be okay with that, so long as they filled my order first. After ALL, I ORDERED BEFORE THE ANA SHOW STARTED.

FIFO MOFO ( First In, First Out - My Order First, Okay ? )

HE>I

<< <i>

<< <i>

Erik >>

I'd be okay with that, so long as they filled my order first. After ALL, I ORDERED BEFORE THE ANA SHOW STARTED.

FIFO MOFO >>

Exactly i agree with you ...but i guess they figured that the regular joes have to wait a month or longer before they see their coin.
    image I had to edit that acronym for clarity.

HE>I

• hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Erik >>

FIFO MOFO >>

Exactly i agree with you ...but i guess they figured that the regular joes have to wait a month or longer before they see their coin. >>

There was a rumour every day since Monday that they would sell more. But nothing Wednesday and nothing today. No one really knows anything, including the Mint themselves.
    Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

30,482 Gold RP Buffs($1,690) = $51,514,580.00
    30,482 Gold RP Buffs($1,640) = $49,990,480.00

95 ounces short of a ton of buffalos!

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

<< <i>95 ounces short of a ton of buffalos! >>

amen... and the other point about the mint selling them at the ANA....

Cash is King

HE>I

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

30,482 Gold RP Buffs($1,690) = $51,514,580.00
    30,482 Gold RP Buffs($1,640) = $49,990,480.00

image >>

Yeah, must be killing the beancounters at the mint.

On Wednesday, Aug 7, the mint prices the RP Buffalo.
    On Thursday, Aug 8, the Buffs go on sale, and gold pops into the next price level. The mint loses about $1.5 million in realized sales.

On Wednesday, Aug 14, the mint reprices the buffalo another $50 higher.
    On Thursday, Aug 15, gold pops into the next price level.

Actually, I'm all for gold going up $50 every Thursday... image
    I forgot to mention this.

To further angry everyone, I know for a fact that the Mint's sales counters order their stuff through the Indiana fulfillment center just like we do. imageimage
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>I forgot to mention this.

To further angry everyone, I know for a fact that the Mint's sales counters order their stuff through the Indiana fulfillment center just like we do. imageimage >>

I'm missing something in the translation, please help me better understand.

the same people that ship to us ship to the Mint sales counter and the ANA booth.

(the do not get them directy from Philly, Denver, San Fran, West Point. They go through the Indiana fulfillment center and orders for the sales counter are placed through them.)
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I forgot to mention this.

To further angry everyone, I know for a fact that the Mint's sales counters order their stuff through the Indiana fulfillment center just like we do. imageimage >>

I'm missing something in the translation, please help me better understand. >>

She is referring to the postings from all the people who purchased sets from the mint gift shops that are run by a third party who ordered like us and had their sets while others were waiting.

It seems many people are out of touch with reality. They belive that in America everything is fair and just when in fact it is " of the few " , " by the few " and " for the few "

MONEY TALKS AND AT MANY TIMES IT ALSO WALKS image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

<< <i>She is referring to the postings from all the people who purchased sets from the mint gift shops that are run by a third party who ordered like us and had their sets while others were waiting.

It seems many people are out of touch with reality. They belive that in America everything is fair and just when in fact it is " of the few " , " by the few " and " for the few " >>

The only mint sales counter (sales outlet) I'm aware of is the one at the ANA offering the actual coins. Couldn't find any other references to third party sales outlets that already have coins, please help me out.

You appear angry with the mint's distribution process. You are by far not the first and this is not the first product to draw criticism. However, to help me understand your reasoning please provide solid evidence that the mint is showing partialism in their distribution. With this we can approach the mint about the inequality. ANA sales do not count because they were conducted by the mint.

the Mint HQ and Union Station sales counters order directly from PBGS like we do. It only stands to reason that the ANA booth ordered via them, too.

This means that PBGS has (had?) coins to ship to orders placed at 12noon but instead shipped to the ANA booth first.

It wouldn't bother me if they started shipping ASAP to us, but we show "backordered" when the fact that the ANA booth had them proves there was no backorder from day 0 at noon.

derryb,

First let me say I am not angry about the distribution. During the Beanie Baby I was part of the middle sideways distribution and made
    a ton of money from it. Just joking about the way it is.

On another forum, I believe it was the Mint News forum, many people were talking about how they were buying in person and ordering on the phone
    the West Point sets from the mint gift shops and canceling their mint orders. It was said that the shops were run by a third party vendor,
    aramark or something like that. The complaint being they had plenty to sell while other people were waiting. Now to add insult to injury it is being said
    that aramark ordered like everyone else and got their preferred treatment.

During the Beanie Baby craze the person I sold to was buying from almost a hundred different accounts. Instead of them putting on their shelves
    for regular customers they sold out the back door to him. Also whenever a Toys Are Us would get a 100 cases of Pokeman, he would get 75 of the cases
    out the back door and only the left overs would get put out for the regular store customers. That's just the way it is.

Distribution will always and I do mean "ALWAYS" follow the money trail.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
    I see in her last post she is talking about the RP Buffalo at the show. Most likely a different situation but who knows.

Many times a third part vendor is used.
    It is my understanding the the Mint booth at the ANA is staffed by the US Mint to promote the US Mint and they are not a third part profiting from the sales. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Release of 1000 coins by the mint at their promotional booth was an excellent, surprise marketing tool to stir interest in these coins. It is most likely the mint brought these coins to the show directly from the mint. The interest created by this release will only help to drive up price in the resell market. Even if these 1000 coins set back delivery to placed orders, the mint is justified to directly market these coins as they best see fit, as long as they fairly follow their established rules of shipping in the order of purchase. I suspect the ANA plans were made well in advance and these coins were set aside before public sales began. I have seen accusations posted that big mint customers were getting priority on delivery and have yet to see evidence of this.

If I go to the Chevy dealer and get on the waiting list for a new corvette, am i justified in crying foul if Chevy takes five of them to the big annual auto show and sells them? I don't believe so because I recognize this as a marketing ploy to stir interest in their product and for all I know those five were reserved specifically for this purpose.

Somebody please show me that the mint has not followed its policy of filling orders per their established guidelines.

<< <i>Distribution will always and I do mean "ALWAYS" follow the money trail. >>

Couldn't agree more about the private sector. It's called a free market. However until someone shows me that this government agency is breaking its distribution to the public rules, I'm not convinced there has been any wrong doing.

<< <i>It is my understanding the the Mint booth at the ANA is staffed by the US Mint to promote the US Mint and they are not a third part profiting from the sales. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Release of 1000 coins by the mint at their promotional booth was an excellent, surprise marketing tool to stir interest in these coins. It is most likely the mint brought these coins to the show directly from the mint. The interest created by this release will only help to drive up price in the resell market. Even if these 1000 coins set back delivery to placed orders, the mint is justified to directly market these coins as they best see fit, as long as they fairly follow their established rules of shipping in the order of purchase. I suspect the ANA plans were made well in advance and these coins were set aside before public sales began. I have seen accusations posted that big mint customers were getting priority on delivery and have yet to see evidence of this.

If I go to the Chevy dealer and get on the waiting list for a new corvette, am i justified in crying foul if Chevy takes five of them to the big annual auto show and sells them? I don't believe so because I recognize this as a marketing ploy to stir interest in their product and for all I know those five were reserved specifically for this purpose.

Somebody please show me that the mint has not followed its policy of filling orders per their established guidelines. >>

I have to agree. I frequent the mint HQ sales kiosk. They usually have most items available for over the counter sales.
    My experience is that any "order period" items or "household limit" items are not available from the mint kiosks.
    I believe the sales kiosks at Union Station and Mint HQ on 9th ST NW are staffed by Mint employees (civil servants).
    I also beleive that they do order from the Indiana fulfillment contractor. Bottom line is, if there is inventory to be shipped and valid orders processed for shipping than they should be fulfilled and not used for a show advertising stunt.
    This calls the integrety of the order/fulfillment process into question.

(l8-)>>

<< <i>

<< <i>Distribution will always and I do mean "ALWAYS" follow the money trail. >>

Couldn't agree more about the private sector. It's called a free market. However until someone shows me that this government agency is breaking its distribution to the public rules, I'm not convinced there has been any wrong doing. >>

Who knows in this case, however government at the local level in many places is as corrupt as you can get. Know more that I want to know from personal experience.
    Just yesterday the FBI raided the Philadelphia Sherrif's office. Just another day in the Hood.

"Somebody please show me that the mint has not followed its policy of filling orders per their established guidelines. "

How many customers with first hour or first day orders are only now receiving (or just recently received),
    or gave up and cancelled, their ASE WP set orders?

They aren't even bothered to try to explain that shipping issue.

I received mine among the first, but i have no faith in the process

(l8-)>>

<< <i>I have to agree. I frequent the mint HQ sales kiosk. They usually have most items available for over the counter sales.
    My experience is that any "order period" items or "household limit" items are not available from the mint kiosks.
    I believe the sales kiosks at Union Station and Mint HQ on 9th ST NW are staffed by Mint employees (civil servants).
    I also beleive that they do order from the Indiana fulfillment contractor. Bottom line is, if there is inventory to be shipped and valid orders processed for shipping than they should be fulfilled and not used for a show advertising stunt.
    This calls the integrety of the order/fulfillment process into question. >>

The sad truth is that too often integrety is in the wallet of the highest bidder.

<< <i>Couldn't agree more about the private sector. It's called a free market. However until someone shows me that this government agency is breaking its distribution to the public rules, I'm not convinced there has been any wrong doing. >>

<< <i>Who knows in this case, however government at the local level in many places is as corrupt as you can get. Know more that I want to know from personal experience. Just yesterday the FBI raided the Philadelphia Sherrif's office. Just another day in the Hood. >>

And it's this accountability that motivates government officials/employees to follow procedure. The private market is only accountable to its shareholders. But in this particular case it's only fair to withhold accusations until you can provide more than speculation.

<< <i>How many customers with first hour or first day orders are only now receiving (or just recently received), or gave up and cancelled, their ASE WP set orders? >>

Speculation until they speak up. And if they are do exist was it because of credit card problems, returns or just not following ordering instructions properly? I have been purchasing directly from the mint for a long time and while they do make the occasional error, I have yet to see first hand any blatent violation of their procedures.

Most of the anger with mint distribution stems from anticipation of hoping to be among the first to the market with their products. As a flipper one of the best tools I learned to use was patience.

"Speculation until they speak up. And if they are do exist was it because of credit card problems, returns or just not following ordering instructions properly? I have been purchasing directly from the mint for a long time and while they do make the occasional error, I have yet to see first hand any blatent violation of their procedures.

Most of the anger with mint distribution stems from anticipation of hoping to be among the first to the market with their products. As a flipper one of the best tools I learned to use was patience."

I agree with you based on my personal experience (I usually order amongst the first and receive my items amongst the first). but I do remember the UHR fiasco, the firing of the previous contractor, and the so called new ordering system.

I also see unexplainable anticipated shipping dates and backorder dates, that the mint can't or wont explain, I do believe the system is broken

(l8-)>>

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> Speculation until they speak up. And if they are do exist was it because of credit card problems, returns or just not following ordering instructions properly? I have been purchasing directly from the mint for a long time and while they do make the occasional error, I have yet to see first hand any blatent violation of their procedures. Most of the anger with mint distribution stems from anticipation of hoping to be among the first to the market with their products >>

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
    The United States Mint produced over 8.2 billion coins for circulation in 2011, which was an increase of more than 1.8 billion, or 28.7 percent, from the nearly 6.4 billion coins minted in 2010.

While I occasionally have my complaints, it's hard to be perfect with those kind of production numbers. Besides, most of their mistakes are highly profitable opportunites for the customer.

<< <i>I see in her last post she is talking about the RP Buffalo at the show. Most likely a different situation but who knows.

Many times a third part vendor is used. >>

Food for thought: One cannot judge the sex of another by the name or font they use in type. Who is she ?

HE>I

• blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Todays line for buffs is insane and 9:30. They havent even announced what time they will sell them and their must be 75 people in line. LOnger than it ever was on Tues.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
    The Mint employees from the Mint HQ are sent to shows.

there sould be a uniformed US Mint police officer there, too. image

<< <i>

<< <i>I see in her last post she is talking about the RP Buffalo at the show. Most likely a different situation but who knows.

Many times a third part vendor is used. >>

Food for thought: One cannot judge the sex of another by the name or font they use in type. Who is she ? >>

Thought I remembered something from a post several years ago that made me think female. As it is rarely mentioned here

and does not matter anyway it is a worthless point to dwell on.
  • Todays line for buffs is insane and 9:30. They havent even announced what time they will sell them and their must be 75 people in line. LOnger than it ever was on Tues.

This makes sense if it was limited mintage, but there are no limits. Human nature can be quite embarrassing but then again I can't come up with a better species to be.

<< <i>Todays line for buffs is insane and 9:30. They havent even announced what time they will sell them and their must be 75 people in line. LOnger than it ever was on Tues.

This makes sense if it was limited mintage, but there are no limits. Human nature can be quite embarrassing but then again I can't come up with a better species to be. >>

Limit of five from the mint at the ANA. Probably a lot of the same people buying more.

• epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    The coin talk board guy implied the ANA stand in line flip was 20% on Tues. Buy five, sell four, keep one. I assume the stand in line flippers aren't giving them away. I'd stand in line for a few hours for that flip.
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why they can't start shipping to the people that ordered on day one. If they have a few thousand to distribute at coin shows they have enough to start shipping the others. I remember seeing these made a few months back so they do have them.

Seems unfair to me.
    If the US Mint is drawing enough sales away from the ANA show dealers, we may see an end to the US Mint's welcome that the ANA shows. Mint collected over one and half million in sales the first go around. That's a lot of money not spent with the dealers there.

<< <i>I don't understand why they can't start shipping to the people that ordered on day one. If they have a few thousand to distribute at coin shows they have enough to start shipping the others. I remember seeing these made a few months back so they do have them.

Seems unfair to me. >>

Distribution center may be waiting on the packaging that goes with these. Comes from a different contractor. I'm sure that the mint has, at least in their own eye's, a good reason for not beginning the shipments.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file