Home U.S. Coin Forum

***The Official 2013 American Buffalo Reverse Proof(BV1) Thread***......Post your order numbers here

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We haven't figured out a way to get our coins from the USM any quicker than anyone else. Doesn't mean there isn't a way, just means we don't know what it is, if it exists. If anyone figures it out, PM me. LOL.

John >>

John, thanks for the insight from your seat at the table.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

<< <i>

<< <i>No, the prosperity set simply combined two coins which had been issued separately and in other sets. How is this in any way similar to the RP Buff? >>

Simple, they could combine the RP with the PR coin though I doubt it would happen because of the $$$ involved. If I remember right, the prosperity set was somewhat a surprise - not know when the 2008 Buff's went on sale and it changed the mintage of the $25 coin. >>

Also, the major TPGs did not give a special label for the prosperity coins, thus reducing demand for the sealed special set when the same coins were available individually and through the four coin sets. Only thing special about the prosperity set was the packaging. While many collectors love the special labels, far fewer love the special packaging. Most will say it is nice and they like it but wouldn't pay extra for it.

For special sets that contain only regular coins to see greater demand, the TPGs are going to have to come on board with special slab labels for the coins. I expect them to do so as it can only create more grading demand.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• << <i>

<< <i>My order is back ordered till 9/8, How do I find out when the first coins will be shipped?

What do other members here see their ship dates as?

Also what are the qualifications for being first strike?

Sorry for the noobie questions. Thank for in advance for your answers. >>

As of today, the early buyers will see a ship date of 9/08/13.....of course subject to change.
    Your order is normal, like everyone else who bought early.
    First Strike qualification means that the coins shipping to PCGS must be postmarked within 30 days of the initial shipment from the Mint.
    If you ordered in the first hour you should have no problem qualifying.
    What time was your order?
    GB

edited to add: per the Mint......"Order Status: Your order request is in process."
    That's the next step after "your order request is on hold." >>

Thanks GB, I ordered between 9:36 - 9:50 AM in Los Angeles.
  • baddogssbaddogss Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ordered mine yesterday ... Order Date: 08/09/2013 at 04:12 PM
    May keep it raw like my 2009 UHR ... ?

Thank you PCGS for the Forums! ANA # 3150931 - Successful BST with: Bah1513, ckeusa, coin22lover, coinsarefun, DCW, guitarwes, SLQ, Sunshine Rare Coin, tmot99, Tdec1000, dmarks, Flatwoods, Wondercoin, Yorkshireman
    Sugar magnolia blossoms blooming, heads all empty and I don't care ...
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We haven't figured out a way to get our coins from the USM any quicker than anyone else. Doesn't mean there isn't a way, just means we don't know what it is, if it exists. If anyone figures it out, PM me. LOL.

John >>

John,

I will be ordering my PCGS 70 from you " whenever " you get it.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>John,

I will be ordering my PCGS 70 from you " whenever " you get it. >>

Shhhhhhh!!! We don't want him to think there will be a huge demand for the 70 coin. That way he will keep the price low!!! image
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    Some have mentioned that the US Mint will be selling this in the upcoming ANA show. Anybody buying one and get it first before everyone else? image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    If anyone expects to "Buy" one from the mint at a show, Remember the mint
    said they would be selling the WP set at the last show but only accepted orders.
    Bottom line: order now to reserve your spot. You can cancel and order again if repriced
    or if available at the show. Many cancel/reorder opportunities before September shipping.

(l8-)>>

• ??? What will you accomplish by having these slabbed and discarding the beautiful OGP ???

That makes no sense - even the PCGS slab fits in the OGP packaging for the Buffalos.
    That assumes that the packaging is the same as the regular Proof buffalo's packaging.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Some have mentioned that the US Mint will be selling this in the upcoming ANA show. Anybody buying one and get it first before everyone else? image >>

That is correct. The Mint will be "selling," or taking orders for several products, including the Buffalo, as is quoted on their website. Same M.O. as they did at the ANA in N.O. In addition, chances are good to better, that the price of the buffs will go up by $50 come Wednesday Noon.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In addition, chances are good to better, that the price of the buffs will go up by $50 come Wednesday Noon.

• BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In addition, chances are good to better, that the price of the buffs will go up by $50 come Wednesday Noon.

image >>

If gold hits and remains above $1350, it will go up $100. If gold really does rally, the first weeks sales will be a bargain. Of course, it's gold, it could drop to $1000 in the third week... image
    OPA,

Did you see my last post on the 2013 WP thread?image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
    My allowance for gold took a hit over the weekend as my hot water heater started leaking. Will have

to skip the OGP from the mint. Will make sure I get OGP with my one PCGS 70 in case the decision is made

to break it out and return to OGP by me or someone in the future.

<< <i>

<< <i>In addition, chances are good to better, that the price of the buffs will go up by $50 come Wednesday Noon.

image >>

If gold hits and remains above $1350, it will go up $100. If gold really does rally, the first weeks sales will be a bargain. Of course, it's gold, it could drop to $1000 in the third week... image >>

Kitco News

GOLD UPDATE: Gold Extends Gains As Buy Stops Hit, Triggering More Technical Buying

Monday August 12, 2013 9:35 AM

(Kitco News) - Gold and silver market bulls are strong out of the gate to start the new trading week Monday. In mid-morning U.S. dealings both markets have extended their gains. December Comex gold saw buy stops triggered as prices moved above near-term technical resistance levels, to trigger more technical buying interest. If December gold prices can push above solid chart resistance at the $1,350.00 level, more buy stops would be triggered that could sharply extend the present price gains. December gold last traded up $27.30 an ounce at $1,339.60.
  • I just called the mint they will have 1000 units on hand available for sale. Thinking I might go now and be able to see the coin for imperfections rather than taking what I get through the mail.
    The shorts are dumping and JPM has a massive long position in the futures market. Look for spot to continue climbing in the short term.

<< <i>I just called the mint they will have 1000 units on hand available for sale. Thinking I might go now and be able to see the coin for imperfections rather than taking what I get through the mail. >>

If that is correct, then I would believe the Mint will also start mailing these out soon.
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sales Counter Updated
    Less than 4,000 sold over the weekend. Probably waiting for the price move expected Wednesday.

• CakesCakes Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sales Counter Updated
    Less than 4,000 sold over the weekend. Probably waiting for the price move expected Wednesday. >>

I hope the price jumps $100, it could help keep the numbers lower.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Less than 4,000 sold over the weekend. Probably waiting for the price move expected Wednesday. >>

I hope the price jumps $100, it could help keep the numbers lower. >>

Depends on what spot does tomorrow.

24,833 coins = $40,726,126.00
    If the price drops will you buy another oneimage
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Looks like price will be going up Wed. Maybe even by $100. Sales numbers for Tues. will be interesting.

• JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭
    Coin Vault is NOW Selling these. 8-12-13 9:25pm EDST
    PCGS
    PR70 $2,499.95

PR69 $2,299.95

Not Fair.
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>Coin Vault is NOW Selling these. 8-12-13 9:25pm EDST
    PCGS
    PR70 $2,499.95

PR69 $2,299.95

Not Fair. >>

They show them as "in stock" but then say that shipping will begin late September.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009

<< <i>

PCGS
    PR70 $2,499.95

PR69 $2,299.95

Not Fair. >>

They show them as "in stock" but then say that shipping will begin late September. >>

I could not find Coin Vault in my cable right now .... Are they showing them in a PCGS graded Slab right now?
  • nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>

<< <i>

PCGS
    PR70 $2,499.95

PR69 $2,299.95

Not Fair. >>

They show them as "in stock" but then say that shipping will begin late September. >>

I could not find Coin Vault in my cable right now .... Are they showing them in a PCGS graded Slab right now? >>

I checked their website.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • bumanchubumanchu Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭
    Maybe they are testing the waters to see how many thousand to order!!
    And I ain't lying this time.
  • 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, if they do not have them in hand and there is no disclaimer that sounds to be a problem potential. I wonder how many those hucksters will actually sell?
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't give order numbers, but I could share the fact that the BACKORDER status pisses me off.

HE>I

I have only one question for those who are attending the ANA. Does the Mint have them ON HAND for sale or are they just taking orders?

PCGS
    PR70 $2,499.95

PR69 $2,299.95

Not Fair. >>

Photo shopped pictures for the PCGS coins. Most definitely not on hand as the web site indicates. I suspect the same holds true for the NGC graded coins

All with invalid slab #'s
    I wonder if this ( Numismatic Bulk Purchase Program ) could be their method!

Under the current terms and conditions of this program, a five percent discount is applied to all purchases of $5,000.00 or more of qualifying coins and products. Additionally, a shipping and handling charge of one percent of domestic orders and two percent for international orders will be assessed on each order processed.

First Spouse Gold Coins
    United States Mint Proof Set®
    United States Mint Silver Proof Set™
    United States Mint Uncirculated Coin Set®
    American Eagle Gold and Silver Proof and Uncirculated Coins
    American Buffalo Gold Proof Coin
    United States Mint Proof Set®
    United States Mint Silver Proof Set®
    United States Mint Uncirculated Set®
    United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Proof Set™
    United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set™

To purchase numismatic products through the Numismatic Bulk Purchase Program, an applicant must attest to the fact that it is one of the following:

a licensed full-time "coin dealer" (any state-licensed firm or company engaged in the commercial sale of coins via storefront, coin shows or online)
    a licensed business involved in the precious metals or numismatic coin industry
    a licensed retailer, bank, credit union or other financial institution willing to expand its business into the numismatic coin industry

All applicants for the Numismatic Bulk Purchase Program must meet the qualifying criteria and complete and sign a Bulk Purchase Agreement Form and a Bulk Purchase Registration Form. Additionally, all applicants must submit a copy of their current business license or state resale certificate. The United States Mint will review applications and notify applicants of acceptance or rejection within 30 days of receipt of their application.

(l8-)>>

• badhop55badhop55 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    Latest 26,905
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,706 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't give order numbers, but I could share the fact that the BACKORDER status pisses me off. >>

eh.

it is possible that this "standard operating procedure" for these "mint to order" issues are to prevent over production and they are intentionally backordered for a reason. Eventhough this OGP is going to be the same except for the COA and barcode sticker, they may hold off ordering OGP for the same reason.

did you fill out a mint survey yet? Perhaps you could complain about the clearly intentional backorder. Maybe they have a good reason, maybe they can change.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have only one question for those who are attending the ANA. Does the Mint have them ON HAND for sale or are they just taking orders? >>

I heard the Mint brought 1000 of them and they are selling at the show, 5 coins max per person. Some of the bullion/modern coin dealers are paying premiums already. I know one guy that sold his 5 just minutes after buying them from the Mint for an extra $75 per coin... maybe that's too cheap but not that bad either for about an hour's work waiting in line and buying coins.
  • HawgstickHawgstick Posts: 240 ✭✭
    There's a listing on ebay for a buff that was purchased at the chicago ana and sent to ngc for grading, item #380697851573. Does that start the first strike clock?
    BST Transactions;
    Seller- thebigeng; morgansforever; bolivarshagnasty
    Buyer-nibanny; derryb; zubie; smittys; konsole; tootawl; socalbigmark; fullcameo; coinkid855
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There's a listing on ebay for a buff that was purchased at the chicago ana and sent to ngc for grading, item #380697851573. Does that start the first strike clock? >>

It should... folks are getting coins in hand today so the First Strike cut-off should be in 30 days. Might be relatively few First Strikes out there if the Mint really doesn't ship until late Sept (and all would be ineligible for First Strike).
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>There's a listing on ebay for a buff that was purchased at the chicago ana and sent to ngc for grading, item #380697851573. Does that start the first strike clock? >>

It should... folks are getting coins in hand today so the First Strike cut-off should be in 30 days. Might be relatively few First Strikes out there if the Mint really doesn't ship until late Sept (and all would be ineligible for First Strike). >>

I'd doubt they start the clock for that...the eligibility speaks of released but further indicates shipped from the mint. I think there's too much at stake to trigger the clock this soon.
    I remember the clock starting during the UHR shipping fiasco, then the clock stopped, then the clock restarted.
    This is one of the reasons I attempt the earliest order time possible, to be amongst the first units shipped.
    Better to have a first hour order submitted and not need it (even as some first day WP orders remain unshipped).
    This could get interesting....

(l8-)>>

<< <i>

<< <i>

It should... folks are getting coins in hand today so the First Strike cut-off should be in 30 days. Might be relatively few First Strikes out there if the Mint really doesn't ship until late Sept (and all would be ineligible for First Strike). >>

I'd doubt they start the clock for that...the eligibility speaks of released but further indicates shipped from the mint. I think there's too much at stake to trigger the clock this soon. >>

If PCGS does start the clock, 9/12...will be the final day for FS eligibility ..... (Time to voice our displeasure with the US Mint ... It wouldn't be that bad if they started to mail these suckers out now )
  • Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    I see another listing of a RP Buffalo on eBay. Item 190885256890. These are definitely getting into the customer's hands. This one has the COA signed by the deputy director of the US Mint, Richard Peterson.
    Buy It Now, "Chicago Pedigree" label image

Pretty soon we're gonna need a label forum

• dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    when will they be re-priced again. Can I still buy tomorrow at $1640?
  • HIGHLOWLEAVESHIGHLOWLEAVES Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    It has been stated on Ebay that all 1,000 RP 2013 Gold Buffalos have been sold by the USM in Rosemont. Wow !! I have not verified that statement so take it for what it is worth.
    Specialized Investments
  • epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I see another listing of a RP Buffalo on eBay. Item 190885256890. These are definitely getting into the customer's hands. This one has the COA signed by the deputy director of the US Mint, Richard Peterson. >>

You got to be kidding me. just when I think the Mint has learned it's lesson, it goes and does this. At least they could have the decency to announce it on their website that you could buy @ the ANA instead of ordering and waiting. What a bunch of baloney.

<< <i>when will they be re-priced again. Can I still buy tomorrow at $1640? >>

You have until Noon EDT.
  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW... I spoke to Corban at PCGS yesterday and he ensured me that the the FS cutoff period does NOT begin (30-day countdown) till the Mint ships out the first orders.

Erik
  • LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like with Express show service the first of these could be ready by Friday.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file