Home U.S. Coin Forum

***The Official 2013 American Buffalo Reverse Proof(BV1) Thread***......Post your order numbers here

Comments

• mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order #41924xxx @ 9:04 (12:04), one coin.

It was a little slow, but none of the incredible hang-ups from the past. It took me well over an hour to get my West Point SAE order in. What can we deduce from this relative ease of ordering? I don't know - I don't think I was just lucky, I think the price point and premium over melt may have scared a few people away. With gold rising comfortably today, I thought I would get one reserved before a possible price hike next week. We've got 4 weeks of gold prices to endure withsubsequent price hikes or declines. Let's see how the first day numbers come in...
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    got in at 9:00, little slow but no big deal. Done
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Got one, 5 minutes total.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Got one within about 2 minutes max....seems easy rather than lucky.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • AbsolutionAbsolution Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    Got it too, Status is on hold though which is weird. Is it because my shipping address is different from my billing address or is it because the server is swarmed?

Preliminary Shipping Date 09/08/2013. When were they expecting to ship this? Immediately? If that's the case, someone must have put through a crazy order number blah.

I wonder if PCGS will do a centennial label for this =)
    Successful BST Transactions with: RMLTM79 (seller), Gerard (seller), bgman (buyer), Coinflip (buyer) | Positive Vendor Transactions/Service with: Stuppler & Company (seller)
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At 10 time the cost I don't see this being ordered by the big boys at the level of the West Point ASE set. There won't be the same market. 10 times the cost = 1/10 the mintage? Will this even hit 28,000?

• khaysekhayse Posts: 1,336
    I'm in for one. And it was quicker than I thought.

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got in for one with only a minor delay....#41924xxx (b/o...9/8)
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭
    My wife is going to kill me when she finds out how much this coin costs!
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Done, took less than a minute to order, which was nice compared to past experiences.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got in fine, thank you US Mint for finally getting your network and servers in line.

I must have picked the wrong option, I got charged 12.95 for shipping.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    In for 2 @12:06. About 1000 orders between goldbully's order and mine. Orders always go on hold for bigger ticket items and the mint doesn't charge until shipped.
  • Dang it, I thought Eastern time was Central time, I just woke up. Placed order, back ordered SIGH! =(

<< <i>Dang it, I thought Eastern time was Central time, I just woke up. Placed order, back ordered SIGH! =( >>

All are backordered, you are fine, relax.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.

• << <i>

<< <i>Dang it, I thought Eastern time was Central time, I just woke up. Placed order, back ordered SIGH! =( >>

All are backordered, you are fine, relax. >>

backordered 9-8, I just want to be the first to order, but always seem too busy to remember. Same happen with the ASE, I'm such a nut.

<< <i>

<< <i>

All are backordered, you are fine, relax. >>

backordered 9-8, I just want to be the first to order, but always seem too busy to remember. Same happen with the ASE, I'm such a nut. >>

The ASE fiasco could have went either way, I ordered early on and my order still hasn't shipped.

• LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order #: 41927xxx - 1 Order date: 8/08/13
  • RoadkingUSARoadkingUSA Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    Ordered my 3 no problems.
    Collecting Serial Numbers
    12345678 or 87654321
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difference being the WP ASE set had 10's of thousands ordered in the first hour. Those who ordered later in the day ended up way down the list in shipping order.
    That won't be the case with this RP Buffalo. I expect all first day orders will make FS deadlines with out any problem.
    Note the order numbers reported....under 5,000 or close to 5,000 in this first hour. Goldbully posted first @ 12:03 with order number 41923xxx. It w2ill be interesting to see what order number is posted later for orders placed today.

• Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    I am on the fence with this one. I may wait and get a PCGS PR70 from someone other than GM (which I noticed isn't doing a Pre-sale at this time).
  • mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

<< <i>My wife is going to kill me when she finds out how much this coin costs! >>

Just do what I do...dont tell her lol In and out ordering in a couple of minutes.
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Order #41924xxx @ 9:04 (12:04), one coin.

It was a little slow, but none of the incredible hang-ups from the past. It took me well over an hour to get my West Point SAE order in. What can we deduce from this relative ease of ordering? I don't know - I don't think I was just lucky, I think the price point and premium over melt may have scared a few people away. With gold rising comfortably today, I thought I would get one reserved before a possible price hike next week. We've got 4 weeks of gold prices to endure withsubsequent price hikes or declines. Let's see how the first day numbers come in... >>

41929xxx @ 2:20.

looks like not more than 5000 orders, plus i'm sure people are buying other things.

• mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My wife is going to kill me when she finds out how much this coin costs! >>

That would be a lot cheaper than if she filed for divorce!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • GATGAT Posts: 3,146
    With gold being up today and a 30 day delay in shipping, I am sure a lot of buyers are using this coin as a free 30 day option on gold. If gold goes down look for a lot of cancellations.
    USAF vet 1951-59
  • order # 41926xxx on 8/8 @12:15 AM (yes, that's what my "track order" says, AM, not PM).

very very quick and smooth web order. Kudos to the Mint for making their servers meet demand

Nooker
  • Did the mint really fix things or is it there are not as many orders? Many may figure what's the rush.
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    41923xxx @ 12:03

41924xxx @ 12:05

894 difference in 2 minutes.

I think that they really improved the system.

Used Chrome and very fast internet. Delay of about 45 seconds between steps using quick check out.

Started placing first order the second that add to cart appeared. It took 3 minutes to place.

I sure hope that The Mint does not ship out of the sequence ordered as was the case with the West Point ASE sets. If my orders which were placed in the first 5 minutes are not FS eligible I'll be very irritated.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many have been sold since noon ?

HE>I

Any dealers doing pre-sales w/ a price for graded coins yet???
  • hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭
    Per this link they sold over 12,630 in the first 30 minutes!

Link

So we are already WAY over the standard buffalo proof.
    Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Per this link they sold over 12,630 in the first 30 minutes!

Link

So we are already WAY over the standard buffalo proof. >>

A few of the 2013-W $50 American Buffalo Gold Reverse Proof Coins struck on the production floor of the West Point Mint on June 4, 2013
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,585 ✭✭✭✭✭

FUGLY!

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

From the article in the link:

Collectors are snapping them up in a flurry. In the first 30 minutes of sales, there were 2,341 orders placed online at www.usmint.gov/catalog and another 300 orders taken at the U.S. Mint’s call center via 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468). These 2,641 orders included a total of 12,630 units. At $1,640 per coin, that totals to more than $20.7 million in sales in just 30 minutes.

That's an average of 4.7 coins per order - $7843 per order on average. Wow.

Of course, this must include some huge dealer orders.

<< <i>

<< <i>Per this link they sold over 12,630 in the first 30 minutes!

Link

So we are already WAY over the standard buffalo proof. >>

A few of the 2013-W $50 American Buffalo Gold Reverse Proof Coins struck on the production floor of the West Point Mint on June 4, 2013 >>

That is one fine looking coin....image
  • johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Well, looks like the RP Buffalo is on the Bay now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-2013-US-MINT-REVERSE-Proof-Gold-Buffalo-Coin-SHIP-DATE-9-8-FIRST-STRIKE-/130964308574?pt=US_Bullion_Coins&hash=item1e7e14c25e

Sorry, don't know how to do a "link" (help me out if you want/can image

10 Mint sealed boxes for ONLY: $24,995.00 image

Blessings

John
  • JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, looks like the RP Buffalo is on the Bay now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-x-2013-US-MINT-REVERSE-Proof-Gold-Buffalo-Coin-SHIP-DATE-9-8-FIRST-STRIKE-/130964308574?pt=US_Bullion_Coins&hash=item1e7e14c25e

Blessings

John >>

image - perfect for sending in for grading. image

Me thinks someone has been at image tooooooooooooooooo loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggg!!!

<< <i>Well, looks like the RP Buffalo is on the Bay now:

Blessings

John >>

OBO & the seller is using a US Mint photo...image
  • johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭
    LOL . . . . .

Also just noticed he is asking for $99 for shipping!!!!!

Blessings

PS . . . Thanks for the link! image

• AbsolutionAbsolution Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    My ship date looks to be 09/08/2013. Any word on if there will be a 100 Anniversary Label for PCGS First Strike Flag?
    Successful BST Transactions with: RMLTM79 (seller), Gerard (seller), bgman (buyer), Coinflip (buyer) | Positive Vendor Transactions/Service with: Stuppler & Company (seller)
  • 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bought 4 of them... my ship date says 8/23/2013???

Erik

<< <i>LINK FOR ABOVE >>

Wonder if this seller pre-sold the West Point ASE sets with the first ordered first shipped language. Out on a limb.
  • If the mint was smart they would get these shipped out right away ( and CC's charged). Doesn't matter how high gold goes they get no more money. If it goes down they lose when people cancel and reorder at the lower price.

<< <i>bought 4 of them... my ship date says 8/23/2013???

Erik >>

It appears the Mint has moved up the shipping date..Now 8/23

Link

<< <i>bought 4 of them... my ship date says 8/23/2013???

Erik >>

My 12:03 (a.m. it says in my order tracking??) says shipping 9/08. It says available 8/23 in red on The Mint site. I'm sure that the ship date will change many times between now and when they'er shipped.

<< <i>If the mint was smart they would get these shipped out right away ( and CC's charged). Doesn't matter how high gold goes they get no more money. If it goes down they lose when people cancel and reorder at the lower price. >>

still a seven day return period once you receive them.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    It would be interesting if the mint starts shipping before the end of the one month sales period.

I see no reason not to.

<< <i>It would be interesting if the mint starts shipping before the end of the one month sales period.

I see no reason not to. >>

Most likely will ship much earlier. It's not like they didn't have time to be ready.

• Even with 7 day return if I only have to hit a couple buttons to save 50 bucks I'm going to do it. If I have to package up a coin deal with registered mail ( paper tape) and eat the return postage to save 50 bucks I would say screw it not worth the trouble.
    I wonder if the limited window for buying is going to now be a regular thing on special mint issues.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file