Home U.S. Coin Forum

***The Official 2013 American Buffalo Reverse Proof(BV1) Thread***......Post your order numbers here

Comments

• HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what to buy. I have a PCGS flag Regular Proof so I should get a PCGS flag Reverse Proof to go with it.

I would also like a Reverse Proof in OGP. Then I would need to get a Regular Proof in OGP to go with it.

That being said I would then want a MS one to go with them.image

As someone else on the Forum said ( Sorry I forgot who )

" Too many coins and too few funds "
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • 7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a magic number in mind that sales have to be for this to do nicely >>

Half -

It will exceed your number. This will be well in excess of the 08-W 1 oz proof mintage. Probably 4x that mintage.
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a magic number in mind that sales have to be for this to do nicely. >>

If magic is involved that means a lot of sheeple will have the wool pulled over their eyes.
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    I would expect that anyone ordering in anticipation of first strike elegibility will fight for the first hour of the first day. Recent shipping woes would likely cause people to submit several early orders (that could always be cancelled before the ordering window closes). With the number of orders that I expect, they may be shipping these well into December. (just a thought)

(l8-)>>

• mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    I will order one simply because I love the design and think it is a very beautiful item.
    The idea of low numbers/flipping is not on my radar...I have other sources of income and it is not worth the time.
    JMHO as always.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Looks like a really nice coin, and I'll be in for one.

The whole "first strike/special label" thing escapes me, and I suspect those attributions will be a subject of ridicule in future years. I am reminded of the 60's auction records of low-number prints and lithographs, before it was generally understood that the artists just ran a bunch of copies and then numbered them randomly afterwards.
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭
    When will the US Mint price these ? image
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When will the US Mint price these ? image >>

by Thursday Noon ETD image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One more day.

I hope that we can consolidate to one thread on this. There are too many already.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $ 50 price drop this week. Will hold off until next week to see which direction gold price is going.image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
    Price: $1640.00 posted Same price as the regular proof

(l8-)>>

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woo hoo, $300 box!
  • JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭
    I love the buffalo myself.

Got the 2013MS raw, Proof PCGS 69, and going to get a Rev. Proof 70 FS PCGS.

Like Miles, I will be getting one from the Mint, for a pocket piece.
  • I wanted one but since there is no limit I have to pass.
    High noon. I'm in. Can't wait for the $300 box.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>High noon. I'm in. Can't wait for the $300 box. >>

I hear what you are saying but honestly I thought they would gouge us for more. I was figuring around $1,800 when it was annouced.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
    Funny thing is that, much though we bi*@# and moan about the U.S. Mint premiums, they are nothing compared with the premiums to spot of the Canadian and many other Mints.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I wanted one but since there is no limit I have to pass. >>

let me respectfully ask :
    If there is no limit, wouldn't that be a better reason to get 2 instead of 1 if you REALLY wanted one ? I paid off the credit card for this specific issue... to get a few before it's impossible to get one at all. Or at least at a "fair price" relative to the market, and the market's conditions.

HE>I

It's deja vu over again. How many folks made that same remark and now are regretting it, when the UHR's were on sale?
  • wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UHR was limit 1 per customer when released. Created instant demand for the coin.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

• << <i>

It's deja vu over again. How many folks made that same remark and now are regretting it, when the UHR's were on sale? >>

I wasnt really in tune with the modern market in 09. I was focused on my other set. Was there no mint limit on those as well?
  • CCC2010CCC2010 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

<< <i>UHR was limit 1 per customer when released. Created instant demand for the coin.

Wondercoin >>

If given the option to buy tomorrow which one would you rather buy: The Reverse Proof Buffalo vs. UHR vs PCGS MS65 St. Gaudens?
    References:Coinsarefun,DerryB,Bloodman,Zubie,Gerard,Skyman,Bestclser1,Lakesammman,Yellowkid,PerryHall,Piecesofme,HTubbs,grote15
    Coinfame,Kaelasdad,Type2,UNLVino,MICHAELDIXON
    Justacommeman,tydye,78saen,123cents,blue62vette,Segoja,Nibanny
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    None for me thank you...not worth the money...you can buy real classic coins for that kind of money.

<< <i>UHR was limit 1 per customer when released. Created instant demand for the coin.

Wondercoin >>

Yes, but that changed as time progressed to unlimited.

<< <i>None for me thank you...not worth the money...you can buy real classic coins for that kind of money. >>

To each his own. I prefer big round bullion coins in lieu of tiny ones.image

<< <i>None for me thank you...not worth the money...you can buy real classic coins for that kind of money. >>

Something is, by definition, worth what you can get for it.

What an RP buff will be worth in a year to two is unknown.

Many moderns about which the same comments were made in '08 and '09 (UHR) have done very well and substantially outperformed many classics over that time period.
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What an RP buff will be worth in a year to two is unknown.

Many moderns about which the same comments were made in '08 and '09 (UHR) have done very well and substantially outperformed many classics over that time period.

Totally agree. This coin will have staying power to say the least. How far it will appreciate from there is undeterminable at this early time.
    Everyone thought the UHR was oversold(including myself), but she is still a modern numismatic star.
    Why??? because there is no other coin like it.
    A gold RP Buffalo will be like no other modern gold coin, however it will not have the amazing 'uniqueness' of the 2009 UHR.
    "<< UHR was limit 1 per customer when released. Created instant demand for the coin.

Wondercoin >>

Yes, but that changed as time progressed to unlimited."

Exactly ... the UHR was "night and day" as compared to this coin. As I recall, right out of the box, the UHR in 70 grade (live coins) sold for nearly $1,000 profit to those (roughly 50%) who received their good news grade. Watch what the profit margin will be on the early (live coin) sales on this RP Buffalo as a comparison.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

Wondercoin >>

Bingo. People are comparing different sales process. Mintage to demand means everyone who is aware of these and wants one, gets one. Plus the large flipper dealers buy tens of thousands extra. After the one-month window closes we are left with a supply overhang from flipper dealers who need to find the people who did not know the mint sold these.

For these to go up, you are betting on post first month demand > flipper dealer orders.
    Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
    Also I believe part of reason why UHR was a only a success later on because during hte sales period the premium to melt was much higher. The were selling them for $1,289 when gold was at $880
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering past years purchases, this particular issue and year's offering seems like a no brainer.

2012 BUFFALO GOLD PROOF 1 OZ 1--- $2,010.00 ----- 1 unit shipped on 11/09/2012
    2011 BUFFALO 1 OZ GOLD PROOF COIN 1----- $2,010.00 ----- 1 units shipped on 11/09/2012
    2011 BUFFALO 1 OZ GOLD PROOF COIN 4------ $1,810.00 ----- 4 units shipped on 06/15/2011
    2009 BUFFALO GOLD PROOF 1 OZ. 2 $1,460.00 ----- 2 units shipped on 12/15/2009

HE>I

Remember the 08 Buffs that nobody wanted till they abruptly ended sales, then the aftermarket price skyrocketed. Not to say that could happen again, but who saw that comming. I believe part of the UHR price support is the overseas appetite, they continue to harvest them from the market. They were oversold domestically but international demand sustains the high price IMHO. I believe the RP Buff or Indian could also win overseas favor after all she is "1.0000 troy ounce 99.99% Gold" in an unique strike, I expect continued demand after the sales window closes with little downside.

(l8-)>>

• << <i>"<< UHR was limit 1 per customer when released. Created instant demand for the coin.

Wondercoin >>

Exactly ... the UHR was "night and day" as compared to this coin. As I recall, right out of the box, the UHR in 70 grade (live coins) sold for nearly $1,000 profit to those (roughly 50%) who received their good news grade. Watch what the profit margin will be on the early (live coin) sales on this RP Buffalo as a comparison.

Wondercoin >>

Where/what did you use to watch the price for the UHR 70 grade coins? Where can we watch for (live coin) sales? I believe you are right to watch early sales for compariosn. Thanks.

<< <i>

Wondercoin >>

Bingo. People are comparing different sales process. Mintage to demand means everyone who is aware of these and wants one, gets one. Plus the large flipper dealers buy tens of thousands extra. After the one-month window closes we are left with a supply overhang from flipper dealers who need to find the people who did not know the mint sold these.

For these to go up, you are betting on post first month demand > flipper dealer orders. >>

The above just can't be stressed enough, the game has change, for flippers the window has become a couple of weeks at most then a steep decline. After that initial window they should steadily build back up but that could take years.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • I believe this is the first time the mint is using the one month window selling strategy to sell something this expensive. Not sure how that will affect sales. I like the daily update the mint displays on the website.
    "<< UHR was limit 1 per customer when released. Created instant demand for the coin.

Wondercoin >>

Wondercoin >>

Where/what did you use to watch the price for the UHR 70 grade coins? Where can we watch for (live coin) sales? I believe you are right to watch early sales for compariosn. Thanks."

*****************************************************************************

Smartdriver: You had to be there (for the UHR). Ebay will be a good place to see live Buffalo coins sell ... when, in fact, there are live coins down the road.

Wondercoin
    Less than one hour to go.
    Who's got their finger on the trigger? image

<< <i>Less than one hour to go.
    Who's got their finger on the trigger? image >>

While I am logged in and ready after the last order with the Mint in May that I still haven't got, I am just not as excited.

It will be my first Gold purchase so I am happy about that.

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭
    $1640 is better than $2000 in the past. I will buy one but keep it sealed til I decide what to do with it.
  • T minus one minute!
  • Looks like the hamsters died. Can't add to cart. HAHAHA
    Order #41923xxx 12:02pm
    one coin

I had to use Google Chrome....IE8 is a total kludge!!!

edited to add: I have IE10 not 8

• << <i>Order #41923xxx
    one coin

I had to use Google Chrome....IE8 is a total kludge!!! >>

Order Number: 41924xxx

After adding to cart (~4 minutes), remaining pages loaded fairly quickly. Weeeee!
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭
    Done at 12:06 PM Faster than usual.
  • johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

I got my "one"
    order # 41924
    In and out in less than 5 min.

Blessings

John
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In for one @ 12:03 41924xxx

• 92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    41924xxx order in a 12:04
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Order Number: 4192xxxx

11:06 CST
    This was a breeze compared to past orders. Although I expected this. As there is much less demand by number of people placing orders. But the big guys ordered hundreds if not thousands. so the real question is did you get you order in before them or after???
  • I assume mint charges card at time of shipping. Is that correct?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file