Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

***The Official 2013 American Buffalo Reverse Proof(BV1) Thread***......Post your order numbers here

Comments

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,050 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it's all said and done.... there won't be enough to go around for collectors in the future. I am not posting here again until sales from the mint are final and I win DerryB's contest.
  • Options
    I have cancelled my Mint order for RP Buffalo as well...
    best regards,
    Ed Davidson
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cancelled as well. Can't beat that price !!!!
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This deal is up on their website also. Interesting to see how fast it will sell out.

http://www.moderncoinmart.com/2013-w-50-buffalo-gold-reverse-proof-pcgs-pr70-first-strike-reverse-proof-70-fs-100th-anniversary-black-diamond-label.html >>

Just tried to place an order...had it in my shopping card...sold out.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    brendanlambrendanlam Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This deal is up on their website also. Interesting to see how fast it will sell out.

http://www.moderncoinmart.com/2013-w-50-buffalo-gold-reverse-proof-pcgs-pr70-first-strike-reverse-proof-70-fs-100th-anniversary-black-diamond-label.html >>

I think i have my order in. but im not sure. do you know it is come with OGP or not?
  • Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭
    I took my wife up for a Dr. appt. Sure hope I can still get in on the "DEAL" with MCM image
    (that's what I get for leaving the computer . . . hope to hear back soon from Andy image ((I DID CALL, LEFT VM, HOPE I'M IN LINE !!!!))

Blessings

It's not only "price" MCM is a trusted company with great customer service. (THANKS)

• Options
    JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭
    As the rules state in the email, you can not place an order any other way than by phone.

They are not on the website unless if someone figured out a back door in which case those orders would be cancelled.

We're almost sold out!

Thanks,
    John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• Options
    JaLPJaLP Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    According to the posted email, forum members must call MCM (ask for Andy). They may still be available.
  • Options
    rajaraja Posts: 65 ✭✭

I just left a message for Andy.
    Hope to be in the top 30!!
    Colonials and Post-Colonials
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not Wikileaks. Please do not post private sale links. image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

MCM's price blows out the flippers.. Several hundred dollars lower than ebay.. Bet MCM knows something that the price may drop even more .... bought a NGC 70 ----- $800 less than ebay
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Thanks John and Andy. Definitely a great gesture on their part and they made a new customer today with my first purchase.image
  • Options
    CMCARTCMCART Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭
    Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
    5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
    Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
    Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers
  • Options
    ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to John Maben for a great deal! I will be canceling my US Mint order.
  • Options
    offer still up...
  • Options
    CMCARTCMCART Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image

I gotta say, that RP looks awesome in that black insert holder. >>

Yes - looks awesome image
    Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865)
    5$ bills are WOW with the numbers - wanted:
    Wanted - Flipper notes with the numbers 6-9 or 0-6-9 ON 1$ 2$ 5$ 10$ 20$
    Wanted - 10$ Sereis 2013 - fancy Serial Numbers
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember, price is not the only criteria for buying from one dealer or another. If price was the only issue, we would all be driving Yugo's. Obviously there is more to consider.

• Options
    marvinfmarvinf Posts: 45 ✭✭

<< <i>

Don't know where or how you got this link but it is not available for sale on the website, just FYI...

John >>

Hello John.

A google search on Black Diamond and reverse proof pulled it up. I see that it's not linked off your main page but, at least 20 minutes ago, if one searched as I did, it was there on your server. I was just trying to get a bit more information about the black diamond label when I pulled up that link. There was nothing evil intended. I understand that it is not functional. And now it has a banner saying that the product is not available.

And thank you also for the opportunity. I ordered from you too via phone.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Don't know where or how you got this link but it is not available for sale on the website, just FYI...

John >>

Hello John.

A google search on Black Diamond and reverse proof pulled it up. I see that it's not linked off your main page but, at least 20 minutes ago, if one searched as I did, it was there on your server. I was just trying to get a bit more information about the black diamond label when I pulled up that link. There was nothing evil intended. I understand that it is not functional.

And thank you also for the opportunity. I ordered from you too via phone. >>

Understood, thanks for letting me know that. We're in the homestretch....

John Maben
    800-381-2646

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    Thanks John and Andy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here to you guys and all at MCM!! image

Now, just for fun, I also placed an order with GM - I KNOW, I KNOW, I said I would never deal with them again. But, I'm looking to see how bad MCM blows them out of the water!!!

Oh, and before I forget, I cancelled my orders with the Mint.
  • Options
    this is crazy. how can they make any money out of it?
  • Options

<< <i>this is crazy. how can they make any money out of it? >>

The 70s grade covers some of cost plus no ebay /Paypal fees ... 3 of my coin club members just cancelled Mint order and went with MCM

John ...miss the New Year's day ebay sales you use to have.... still have many coins .. that was hard to beat quality coins you sold
  • Options
    LMMLMM Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Just ordered mine also from MCM, thanks John and Andy, also cancelled from the mint.

LMM

• Options
    nagsnags Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭
    I just received a call back from MCM to get my order in - Thanks to MCM for the offer. I look forward to receiving my order.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>this is crazy. how can they make any money out of it? >>

The 70s grade covers some of cost plus no ebay /Paypal fees ... 3 of my coin club members just cancelled Mint order and went with MCM

John ...miss the New Year's day ebay sales you use to have.... still have many coins .. that was hard to beat quality coins you sold >>

well, same here. i ordered 2 hour ago and cancel usmint order. Cause if they order first day then only $239 cover grade/ship/profit.
  • Options
    The special offer is officially sold out.

Thanks to all, and congrats to those that took advantage of the deal!!!

John Maben
    CEO, ModernCoinMart

John Maben
    800-381-2646

• Options

THANKS JOHN & ANDY !!!

I was able to get my order in "under the wire" !!! image

Again, it's not always about the money but working with Trusted people, who also care about people and the hobby.

My "order" from the mint is on the way so I can't cancel, not sure I would as I'm sure I will always be able to get my money back.
    (I will keep in sealed condition and maybe flip later or just keep it . . . not sure at this point image )

Blessings
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    I gotta say thank you John and Andy....Andy was very helpful when I placed my order for this great special to board members.
    I have used MCM previously and this again shows why they are a leader in the field.
    You absolutely have my loyalty and many others here I am sure.
    Hats off to a great organization ...MCM you are the BEST!!!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yes John you are correct. It is the regular proof. Too many labels and too many adds. THe eyes wander.

The prices will come down , however the ANA will maintain a premium over all the others.

Silvertown now trying for $ 3,499.95 for the NGC's

I saw you had the NGC ANA REverse Proofs. Did you or will you have any PCGS ANA RP's? >>

Actually, it was the other way around. We had the ANA PCGS reverse proofs and sols 40 coins at $2849 in 90 minutes.

We may have more to offer in a week or two, but they will be at prevailing prices. image

John >>

Was out last half of day

Missed It!

Wah.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I gotta say thank you John and Andy....Andy was very helpful when I placed my order for this great special to board members.
    I have used MCM previously and this again shows why they are a leader in the field.
    You absolutely have my loyalty and many others here I am sure.
    Hats off to a great organization ...MCM you are the BEST!!! >>

Could not agree more. MCM is a solid company and I thank Andy for quick, professional service. Thank you John for respecting and rewarding current customers/board members, it goes a long way and I am thankful. Keep up the great work!
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,983 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Thank you John for respecting and rewarding current customers/board members, it goes a long way and I am thankful. Keep up the great work! >>

At least to the ones who where here at the right time.image
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ANA Label $3,400
    image >>

That would be former member Segoja. Looks like he has sold ten of these and has two more currently listed.

Edited: I have been corrected. Segoja is not a former member, he is alive and well here. Apologies Segoja.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOOK AT THE ANA SALES ON EBAY !!!!!! $ 4,500, $ 3,895 AND MANY IN THE $ 3,500 RANGE

Could not figure how to copy link. Did search for 2013 RP Buffalo then selected sold listings

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    48 hours ago, my order was:
    Order 8/8/13 @ 12:18 - ship date now shows 8/26
    Order 8/8/13 @ 1:07 -ship date shows 9/8

24 hours ago:
    Order 8/8/13 @ 12:18 - in stock & reserved (no more cancel button), & credit card has pending charge showing online.
    Order 8/8/13 @ 1:07 -ship date shows 8/26

Now:
    Order 8/8/13 @ 12:18 - shipped 8/22/13
    Order 8/8/13 @ 1:07 -ship date shows 8/23
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>ANA Label $3,400
    image >>

That would be former member Segoja. Looks like he has sold ten of these and has two more currently listed. >>

former???

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>LOOK AT THE ANA SALES ON EBAY !!!!!! $ 4,500, $ 3,895 AND MANY IN THE $ 3,500 RANGE

Could not figure how to copy link. Did search for 2013 RP Buffalo then selected sold listings >>

Try Here
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Was out last half of day

Missed It!

Wah. >>

Well, I sent the email to Andy early this morning as per John's directions (right after John posted) and was patiently awaiting a reply with the instructions of how to proceed. Even after many here had posted about receiving the email and calling instructions, I held back, thinking that maybe they only sent out as many as they thought they could handle. I never got the email reply from Andy, so I missed out, too. image
  • Options
    PCGS Black Diamond label out of stock at GM.....any thoughts as to the popularity of this FS label as opposed to the standard FS label?

GM Link
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    UPS just delivered both of mine. Looks perfect under magnification. Will be going out to the graders in a couple of days...
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PCGS Black Diamond label out of stock at GM.....any thoughts as to the popularity of this FS label as opposed to the standard FS label?

GM Link >>

IMO its the best looking one if I had to choose a label.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Was out last half of day

Missed It!

Wah. >>

Well, I sent the email to Andy early this morning as per John's directions (right after John posted) and was patiently awaiting a reply with the instructions of how to proceed. Even after many here had posted about receiving the email and calling instructions, I held back, thinking that maybe they only sent out as many as they thought they could handle. I never got the email reply from Andy, so I missed out, too. image >>

As long as Andy confirms getting your email, you're golden. Orders were not excepted by email but if you sent one and did not get a reply with instructions, and he confirms that, you're in.

John

John Maben
    800-381-2646

• Options
    Oh well, was busy at work with no Internet access and missed the magic 30 to sell out. Still cudos to MCM for coming out with GM counter-punch. I refuse to deal with GM anymore but would with no hesitation buy from MCM at this price. Will try my own luck now with PCGS submission image
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>ANA Label $3,400
    image >>

That would be former member Segoja. Looks like he has sold ten of these and has two more currently listed. >>

former??? >>

I haven't seen him post in awhile.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

I was able to take "advantage" of the great price from MCM for the RP PCGS PR70 Gold Buffalo (also picked up the Reg. PR70 Gold Buffalo from MCM, and then went out a found a PCGS MS70 Gold Buffalo, So I'm "building" my own 3 Coin 100 yr. Anv. Set image
    (all 3 coins, FS, with the Buffalo Label)

I think this will be a great looking "set" . . . IMHO

Blessings

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the email. When I called Andy's voice mail I heard the sold out message. Bummer.

Thanks very much to John anyway for this fanrtastic offer tk the CU forum community. Sorry I missed this one.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>ANA Label $3,400
    image >>

Wow. He knows how to make the $. He did scored huge with the pucks.

The folks who sold these to the dealers for $100-$300 over cost at ANA must be sick. They could have simply wallked over to PCGS, no shipping, no fuss mk muss, submitted them and made huge $ in such short order.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Ok

Ordered one from GM

Here's to hoping they have their stuff together.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>ANA Label $3,400
    image >>

Wow. He knows how to make the $. He did scored huge with the pucks.
    The folks who sold these to the dealers for $100-$300 over cost at ANA must be sick. They could have simply wallked over to PCGS, no shipping, no fuss no muss, submitted them and made huge $ in such short order. >>

As The gold center put it, they sold "gifts" to their regular customers.

Hmmm silver at 23....

Who still has their gifts? (me image but it wasn't from tGC!). Some have garish tarnish spots alreadyimage

Back to Buffs.
    What will the price be on these 1 year from next week after the first of them hit eBay?

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer, should have been paying attention earlier today as I would have pulled the trigger on that MCM deal too... oh well!!!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file