Home U.S. Coin Forum

***The Official 2013 American Buffalo Reverse Proof(BV1) Thread***......Post your order numbers here

Comments

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 17,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's my understanding from previous threads, that shipping UPS is not the best method of shipment for valuable coins.

As you know, the Mint ships UPS 2nd Day on orders over $300 with their "complimentary Upgrade" policy.

Orders with Merchandise valued at $300 or more with a standard delivery option chosen will receive a complimentary upgrade to Expedited Shipping (UPS 2nd Day Air and does not include International orders).

Got this fromAmergold.com:

"DO NOT send coins via UPS, FedEx, DHL, or other private delivery services. In most instances these carriers will not properly insure the contents of your package. If your package becomes lost or stolen, you might have little re course with carriers other than U.S. Registered Mail."

Link

Thoughts?
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thoughts?

???????????

The mint either self insures or has private insurance.

If you've been shipping with ups & fedex without private insurance:
    You haven't been reading the many shipping threads on ins.
    You have been doing it wrong and have technically been self insuring

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

<< <i>Thoughts?

???????????

The mint either self insures or has private insurance.

If you've been shipping with ups & fedex without private insurance:
    You haven't been reading the many shipping threads on ins.
    You have been doing it wrong and have technically been self insuring >>

Yes Ma'am.....I will Ma'am!

ps. Never ever shipped a coin UPS or FedEx.

pss. So what you're saying is, "It's better to receive than give." image
    Well, maybe not in a rare case.

There have been many disputes over lost coins and under on no insurance.
    It would be worthwhile to ensure coins received by fedex or ups are either privately insured or self insured.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The herd has been released. In a couple of days there will be Buffalos everywhere and soon everybody will be

trying to sell first strike & early release PF70'S. The short supply high priced frenzy will be very short lived for these.

9/27 shipment date changed again to 9/8. The mint will now flood the market with these in an attempt to keep

the buzz going. >>

The herd is already on the move. As promised the market will be saturated with these coins very fast.image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • BurnieBurnie Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    Not everyone buys to sell. Some people actually collect coins image
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got my rather large order of non-buffalos off to the graders before you guys bog them down with all those buffalos.

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

<< <i>Not everyone buys to sell. Some people actually collect coins image >>

I ordered one from the mint in OGP to put away for my 2nd Grandchild who is due on Labor Day.

I will buy one PCGS70 Flag Label for myself.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"DO NOT send coins via UPS, FedEx, DHL, or other private delivery services. In most instances these carriers will not properly insure the contents of your package. If your package becomes lost or stolen, you might have little re course with carriers other than U.S. Registered Mail." >>

Ah but remember, it is the seller's responsibility to make delivery, not the buy - so says the Forum in numerous threads.

I view the flipping comments as further commentary that these won' be hot flips but for a short time.

I think we have few flippers of the non-ANA coins on here.

I was never even going to try flipping any. I will be interesting to watch if the ANA coins hurt the flip of the non-ANA batches.

Another $50 price increase Wed. at noon?

The only way to make an economic system truly stable is to permit the free market to take over.

<< <i>

I view the flipping comments as further commentary that these won' be hot flips but for a short time.

I think we have few flippers of the non-ANA coins on here.

I was never even going to try flipping any. I will be interesting to watch if the ANA coins hurt the flip of the non-ANA batches. >>

There will always be flippers because there are always people who want to be first and believe in limited edition.

I remember when the Princess Diana Beanie Baby first went on sale. It was stated that " For the first month there would only be 12 per store "

They were so hyped and blinded in the frenzy for the " First 12 " that they did not realize that after the first month there would be millions of them.

Now that was a flip !!! Paid $ 2.50 each for them from Ty and sold for $ 250.00 each. God bless Ty Warner.
  • 2013 W REVERSE PROOF GOLD BUFFALO 9999 FINE NGC CERTIFIED PROOF 70 ANA RELEASESee original listing

Photos not available for this variation

Item condition:--
    Ended:Aug 20, 2013 18:00:42 PDT
    Winning bid:US $3,750.00 [ 19 bids ]
    No additional import charges at delivery!This item will be shipped through the Global Shipping Program and includes international tracking. Learn more
    Shipping:FREE Standard Shipping | See details

Flipping? One will be hard pressed to sell a regular First Strike/Early Release for this kind of money.
  • KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Interesting and intriguing.
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image

image >>

Order number in the low 41924XXX
    Order Date: 08/08/2013 at 12:03 AM.
    Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.

Order number in the mid 41924XXX
    Order Date: 08/08/2013 at 12:04 AM
    Order Status: Your order request is in process.
    (In stock and reserved, no cancel button.)

They're only about 250 order numbers apart. One made it, one didn't. Tomorrow. image

<< <i>2013 W REVERSE PROOF GOLD BUFFALO 9999 FINE NGC CERTIFIED PROOF 70 ANA RELEASESee original listing

Photos not available for this variation

Item condition:--
    Ended:Aug 20, 2013 18:00:42 PDT
    Winning bid:US $3,750.00 [ 19 bids ]
    No additional import charges at delivery!This item will be shipped through the Global Shipping Program and includes international tracking. Learn more
    Shipping:FREE Standard Shipping | See details

Flipping? One will be hard pressed to sell a regular First Strike/Early Release for this kind of money. >>

Hum, no picture, no grade, global shipping, no import charges - sounds like it is coming from Nigeria, if you know what I mean!!! image
  • BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Another $50 price increase Wed. at noon? >>

Looks that way.

Gold almost fell to $1350 but fought it's way back up.

If history repeats itself, gold will go up $50 Thursday after the mint reprices. Gold has had an impressive run since these has gone on sale. Makes the price premium hurt less. image

It'll be interesting to see if the numbers jump again tomorrow before the increase.
  • Gold avg for the past week after today's AM close = $1360.25, which means there will be another $50 price increase TODAY! (as long as the PM close is in the same range, $1350-$1399)

So these Rev PF Buffalo's should be going up to $1740, which is now $100 more than when they were first available almost two weeks ago

Nooker
  • For original orders at $1640 even raw coin is still not a bad bet at only ~20% premium to melt at this point
    Order changed from 9/8 to 8/26. image

WOW THAT WAS FAST, NOW IN STOCK AND RESERVED.
    BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,260 ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna kick myself for not ordering one of these week before last, but $1640 sure would buy alot of diapers..... image

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    1 unit shipped on 08/21/2013
  • Here we are - MCM established the pre-sale prices for NGC PF70 ER at $2099 (any of 3 labels)

2013-W $50 Buffalo Gold Reverse Proof NGC PF70 FR Reverse Proof 70 First Releases

2013-W $50 Buffalo Gold Reverse Proof NGC PF70 FR Reverse Proof 70 First Releases Black Core - Buffalo Label

Close to my original guess, let see what PCGS goes for once the flood gates open

Edited links
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no.. not again image

I tried to tell ALL my friends to get this at $1640. I only ordered 2. Now it's up $100 after 2 weeks, and my first two are still on B/O.
    So, what is the difference between NGC "First Release" and "Early Release"???????

It kind of reminds me of a song I heard long ago:

Labels, labels, everywhere there's labels
    Frackin' up my collection, breakin' my mind
    Buy this, don't buy that, why can't you buy all the labels?

And the seller says "Anybody can buy these labels for a special price"
    So I jumped on the board and yelled at the seller
    Hey! What gives you the right to sell so many labels at such a high price!
    To put out labels for this and for that, and to keep me from completing my collection with so many labels
    If God was here, he'd tell it to your face, man, you're some kind of sinner for making so many labels.

• << <i>So, what is the difference between NGC "First Release" and "Early Release"???????

It kind of reminds me of a song I heard long ago:

Labels, labels, everywhere there's labels
    Frackin' up my collection, breakin' my mind
    Buy this, don't buy that, why can't you buy all the labels?

And the seller says "Anybody can buy these labels for a special price"
    So I jumped on the board and yelled at the seller
    Hey! What gives you the right to sell so many labels at such a high price!
    To put out labels for this and for that, and to keep me from completing my collection with so many labels
    If God was here, he'd tell it to your face, man, you're some kind of sinner for making so many labels. >>

NGC offers the First Releases designation for selected coins received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository during the first 30 days* of release. The term FIRST RELEASES will be noted as part of the description on the special blue First Releases label. Other special and series-specific labels available from NGC may also be used in combination with the First Releases designation.

To qualify for First Releases, all coins must generally be received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within 30 days* of their release.

NGC offers the Early Releases designation for selected coins received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository during the first 30 days* of release. The term EARLY RELEASES will be noted as part of the description on the special blue Early Releases label. Other special and series-specific labels available from NGC may also be used in combination with the Early Releases designation.

To qualify for Early Releases, all coins must generally be received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within 30 days* of their release.

What's wrong with you, can't you tell the difference?!image
    sorry, all these labels are "breakin' my mind"

• Now to add will be four or more PCGS labels like First Strike Flag Label, First Strike Buffalo Label, First Strike Mercanti-Signed Label, First Strike 100-th Anniversary label.

Wonder if James Fraser-signed label is also coming ? image
  • JohnMabenJohnMaben Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here we are - MCM established the pre-sale prices for NGC PF70 ER at $2099 (any of 3 labels)

2013-W $50 Buffalo Gold Reverse Proof NGC PF70 FR Reverse Proof 70 First Releases

2013-W $50 Buffalo Gold Reverse Proof NGC PF70 FR Reverse Proof 70 First Releases Black Core - Buffalo Label

Close to my original guess, let see what PCGS goes for once the flood gates open

Edited links >>

This is actually a private sale in that the items are not on the website for anyone to see. It has yet to be determined if our price will be higher when this offer ends after today...
    For those that have been asking we WILL be selling PCGS coins, price unknown just yet.

John

John Maben
    Pegasus Coin and Jewelry (Brick and Mortar)
    ANA LM, PNG, APMD, FUN, Etc
    800-381-2646

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Order Date: 08/08/2013 at 12:06 AM

Order Status: Your order request has been shipped.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tracking number not active yet - >>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later. but it is less than 24 hours since I saw that my order had shipped

• JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Here we are - MCM established the pre-sale prices for NGC PF70 ER at $2099 (any of 3 labels)

Edited links >>

This is actually a private sale in that the items are not on the website for anyone to see. It has yet to be determined if our price will be higher when this offer ends after today...
    For those that have been asking we WILL be selling PCGS coins, price unknown just yet.

John >>

John,
    I was considering getting one in the Black Label, because I like the way it looks, but a 28% premium over the original purchase price($1640), seems a little high( for 70's). I have two coming from the mint and will have to content with them. A 12.74% premium on the PF69's, not too bad. I was hoping on a more reasonable sales price range . Similar to what you are selling regular 2013-W Proof Buffalos for. I just got a 2013 Proof 69, NGC First Releases Buffalo from you for $1,619.00 . I was hoping for prices along that level. Especially since you can and probably will be purchasing more during this ordering time frame. It's fine to make some extra money I guess, but man o man.

Also, IMHO, think the sales of the Reverse Proofs will probably out number the regular buffalo proofs for 2013, making the regular proofs, perhaps even more valuable.

I still love MCM and the Free Fast Shipping!! The Number One Choice for Modern Coins !
  • edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    2013 W $50 Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo PCGS PR70 First Strike (Black Diamond)
    2013 W $50 Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo PCGS PR70 First Strike (Bison Label)
    2013 W $50 Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo PCGS PR70 First Strike (Flag Label)

Pre-Sale: Shipping Early September

Unit Price: $1,889.99

GOLDMART

Don't shoot the messenger!

(l8-)>>

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Now to add will be four or more PCGS labels like First Strike Flag Label, First Strike Buffalo Label, First Strike Mercanti-Signed Label, First Strike 100-th Anniversary label.

Wonder if James Fraser-signed label is also coming ? image >>

I wonder what Mercanti gets for each signature. Must add up to a great supplement to his tremendous fed pension.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • JazzmanJABJazzmanJAB Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>2013 W $50 Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo PCGS PR70 First Strike (Black Diamond)

GOLDMART

Don't shoot the messenger! >>

That's What I'm Talking About !

<< <i>2013 W $50 Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo PCGS PR70 First Strike (Black Diamond)

GOLDMART

That's a great price!
    Now, which label??????????????????????????

<< <i>

GOLDMART

That's a great price! >>

They are cutting their margins way down.
    Did they not see the price increase coming?
    If I didn't buy raw at $1640, I would definitely by a PCGS slabbed PR70FS for $1889 from GM.
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

GOLDMART

That's a great price! >>

If I didn't buy raw at $1640, I would definitely by a PCGS slabbed PR70FS for $1889 from GM. >>

If you order hadn't been shipped yet would you cancel and buy from GM?
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

That is a "great" price for the RP coin, TILL I saw that it was "Goldmart", I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY 2 COIN W SILVER EAGLE SET FROM GM image
    (but then, maybe I could also use my "store credit" if I ever get that . . . LOL)

I WILL NEVER BUY FROM GM AGAIN, NO MATTER WHAT THE PRICE
    (called 2 weeks ago today, told I would have in the next day, e-mailed, 2 days ago, no answer & STILL NO COINS!!!)

Blessings

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

GOLDMART

That's a great price! >>

If I didn't buy raw at $1640, I would definitely by a PCGS slabbed PR70FS for $1889 from GM. >>

If you order hadn't been shipped yet would you cancel and buy from GM? >>

Probably not because of their customer service per johnperk.
    I did get my two coin silver set, but it wasn't fun.
  • MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe MCM will come through with a fair price on the PCGS 70's and I will know 100% that I will receive the RP Buffalo as scheduled with zero hassle!
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • PCGS PR70 FS for $1,889.99 - now we're talking about reasonable prices within my price target image

<< <i>PCGS PR70 FS for $1,889.99 - now we're talking about reasonable prices within my price target image >>

SCHWEET! Time to spend some $$

Edited: Just saw remarks Re: customer service. Yikes.

What was GM asking for the ANA 70s? Anyone know?

Bison vs. Black Diamond vs. Flag. Which to choose? Any compelling reason for one over the other (other than to match one's other holdings)?

<< <i>

<< <i>PCGS PR70 FS for $1,889.99 - now we're talking about reasonable prices within my price target image >>

SCHWEET! Time to spend some $$ >>

not such good news for the flippers

• wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I believe MCM will come through with a fair price on the PCGS 70's and I will know 100% that I will receive the RP Buffalo as scheduled with zero hassle!"

I would personally be surprised if MCM matched or beat that price out of the box. Not that I have not been shocked before in the coin market.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file